Home

Were you suspicious of pisciotta?

Posted By: the angel of justice

Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/01/01 07:03 PM

This question goes out to all those of you that have read the sicilian. I first became suspicious of pisciotta when he sneaked in to mikey's room and stressed how important it was that no one saw him, but before that i was blind.

Also, when reading the final parts of the book when clemenza and mikey are told that guiliano is dead did anyone else just think that this was a trick? Or perhaps i just hoped it was a trick and not true?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/01/01 08:59 PM

That was the thing about Pisciotta, he was so fast and stealth like. Even when he Corporal Silvestro went for Guiliano in the police barracks Pisciotta was quick to grab his knife and would have killed him apart from Guiliano said not to.

You wouldnt believe how much I hoped that to be a trick. I truly thought it was too. Dam that Pisciotta, but who would remember him if he didnt do it?

Anyone who hasnt read it go and read it....

'An offer of evil and romance that cannot be refused.'

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Turi Giuliano ]
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/01/01 11:40 PM

Yes. Sneaking into Mike's room and telling him to keep it to himself was fishy. I also smelt some hatret when Aspanu told Mike about the wipping incident (when Turi tied him to a tree and "...whip...whip...whip...."

I thought he wanted to repay the favour, but I never thought he'd actually do it.

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/01/01 11:58 PM

I liked the way he sneaked into the Michaels room, and thought nothing fishy about it. To me it was just Aspanus character. Plus he had to keep everyhting secret about the meeting with Turi.

I always thought Aspanu understood the whipping, and never felt and true hatred for it.

Posted By: Devin

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/02/01 12:32 AM

I always liked Aspanu better than Turi. To me Aspanu got bussiness done he didnt care about all that political sh*t. I was on his side throughout the book. If Turi was so smart he should have seen it coming.
Posted By: La Venera

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/02/01 05:24 AM

I always thought that that all the character traits assigned to aspanu would eventually lead him to betray Turi, but I kind of hoped that Turi would be the exception to his treatement of others... and I must say that when mike and clemenza got the news i hoped so much that it was another one of Turi's tricks.

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/02/01 12:27 PM

Quote:
. If Turi was so smart he should have seen it coming.

Loyalty can affect peoples perceptions. Especially family loyalty. The only person Turi trusted with his life out in the mountains was Aspanu, his cousin. The one who vowed to be beside Turi, to live in the mountains and become a bandit with him. The only person he could truly let his guard down and because of that Pisciotta got him.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/02/01 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

Loyalty can affect peoples perceptions. Especially family loyalty. The only person Turi trusted with his life out in the mountains was Aspanu, his cousin. The one who vowed to be beside Turi, to live in the mountains and become a bandit with him. The only person he could truly let his guard down and because of that Pisciotta got him.

You would especially think so when you have exchanged life-saving actions with the person in question. In other words, Aspanu saved Turi's once (in fact more than once), and Turi did the same to Aspanu (I can only remember one time).
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 08/21/01 06:46 PM

I never trusted him for a second.
Posted By: Big Paz

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 09/02/01 09:35 PM

i never suspected him at all!! although i did have some doubts creep in when he didnt want to go to america.
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 09/02/01 11:58 PM

I never suspected him at all. I was so surpised when Guiliano's mother (father?) heard that the guy who had betrayed Guiliano was Aspanu. I'm like "what?" total surprise.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 09/08/01 02:34 AM

Trust no one.
Posted By: Mal

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 09/08/01 05:21 AM

It was a shock to me. I actually believed it was a trick until it was explained how it happened.
Posted By: Don Lagrassa

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 09/20/01 03:09 AM

Maybe its because I'm a descendent of the beloved island of Sicily, but I never completely trust anybody. But Pisciotta would have been the last person I would have expected to betray Turi. Very, very tragic.
Posted By: Vinnie_Corleone

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 06/09/03 11:34 AM

i cud tell from the beginning didnt like pisciottas haracter much. im jus suspicious of ppl i knew straight away that billy d'angelo from the last don 2 was a traitor, i gussed testa wud be in the gf, and carlo gees i knew that from the wedding
Posted By: Researcher

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 06/12/03 09:35 AM

I trusted Pisciotta, but I didn't like him too much, and didn't suspect him....It's amazing how writers can do that, how they can make you feel for characters you don't even know! Yeah, I also hoped it was a trick, but all along, I kind of knew Giuliano would get killed; he was a real life bandit, and I had that feeling...But Pisciotta! What really depressed me was when they pinned the note to Pisciotta's corpse...it meant so little, it was like they were trying to continue a game that was long over, it was upsetting . Still the ending was incredible, the only person I really pitied was LaVenera, she hasn't got much luck with men!

By the way how do you pronounce Pisciotta?

Re: Were you suspicious of pisciotta? - 06/12/03 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Researcher:

By the way how do you pronounce Pisciotta?
Like you would for Joe Pesci. Pi-Shi-otta. Not much effort should be used for the I in it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET