Home

the fortunate pilgrim

Posted By: celtic1888

the fortunate pilgrim - 01/16/07 09:23 PM

any good anyone? think this will prob be the next puzo book i buy and was just wanting to know you'r opinions on it
Posted By: XDCX

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 01/18/07 12:13 AM

A very good (and quick) read, IMO. A bit different than some of Puzo's later novels, but essential reading for any Puzo fan.

The book's main character, Lucia Santa, is based on Puzo's mother. In fact, The Fortunate Pilgrim is Puzo's main inspiration for writing The Godfather. A direct quote from Puzo himself:

"Whenever the Godfather opened his mouth, in my own mind I heard the voice of my mother. I heard her wisdom, her ruthlessness, and her unconquerable love for her family and for life itself. … The Don's courage and loyalty came from her; his humanity came from her…and so, I know now, without Lucia Santa, I could not have written The Godfather."
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 02/14/07 05:53 PM

I really liked "the Fortunate Pilgrim"!
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 08/29/07 11:27 AM

I love this book because I cherish those times of our history. I wish I could live in those days..I haven't finished it yet but so far my favorite part is where Lucia Santa lets her cousin take care of the baby for a week and steals it back off of her. And when Gino calls the cop "Charlie Chaplin" on the train.lol

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 08/31/07 06:27 AM

My favorite chapter so far is 5.I'm onl up to chapter 6 and so fat 5 is my favorite.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 09/01/07 06:09 PM

this book is one of my favorite's, i actually read it when i was 13 or 14, and never forgot the feeling it gave me. i read this book before i read The Godfather and after Fools Die. Puzo was such a great writer. RIP.

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 05/26/09 02:04 AM

Let me correct my bad spelling from 2 years ago.lol

"My favorite chapter so far is 5.I'm only up to chapter 6 and so far 5 is my favorite."

Re: the fortunate pilgrim - 05/26/09 02:06 AM

I read the book and finished it. I really enjoyed the book. It was like reading a true part of history. I couldn't even imagine what Italian immigrants had to deal with during these times. I was really pleased by the book. I wish the book kept going. Great book smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET