Home

A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE

Posted By: J Geoff

A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 06:33 PM

Our dear friend Plawrence is in the hospital and isn't doing very well right now. frown He'd probably kill me for starting a thread like this, but some of us thought the power of prayer and collective support would help him. His health has been up-and-down the past 18 months or so, and he always claimed the GangsterBB to be of invaluable help to him as a way to help him get through the more difficult times. Please, please please turn to your Higher Power and say a prayer for our good friend, that whatever God's plan is, that Plaw is not suffering.

I'd rather not go into details right now to respect his privacy, and unfortunately all we can do for him right now is show our community support. So no matter your faith, please keep Plaw and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you!

JG [Linked Image]
Posted By: Beth E

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 06:39 PM

I know how the power of prayer helped my family in difficult sitituations. Everyone has their own beliefs, but if you believe there is good in the world, and that love and warm thoughts help a situation I send my utmost prayer out to plawrence. As well as to his loved ones. He always says this board is a place of great affection for him. His love of debating and sports talk have been a source of great joy to him.

I love ya plawrence. You're in my heart and prayers.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 07:01 PM

My mother is convinced that prayer is what got me through my serious illness a couple of years ago. I will do the same for our friend.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 07:09 PM

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. May God bless and heal you fully, plaw
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 07:34 PM

I not a reliogus Person so i won't say a prayer but i hope he gets well soon......
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 07:35 PM

I absolutely believe in the power of faith and prayer.

My thoughts and prayers are with Plaw, and I certainly hope that he can overcome this and get back to good health.

He's a huge part of our BB family, and I'm sure we all wish him all the best.

May God bless him during this struggle and always.

Take care, Plaw!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 07:36 PM

Oh of course my prayers goes out to Plaw (Neal) and his family. I am a stong believer in the power of prayer. I will also say a prayer for the Doctor and nurses who are caring for him. Love goes out to Plaw and his family.
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 08:20 PM

My Mother is living proof of the power of Prayer!
I will say many Prayers for you plaw!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 08:51 PM

I will most certainly keep Plaw and his family in my thoughts and prayers...as I, too am a believer in the power of prayer.

May God watch over and protect you Plaw. I pray that you have a full and speedy recovery.

God bless you...and here's to the quick return of Neal Pulcawer.
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 09:34 PM

The power of prayer is amazing. God will be with him.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 09:38 PM

I've had a nagging feeling lately that plaw might not be well...too many 'unintentional' hints that just didn't sit right with me.

Although we've done little else but argue on the Gangster BB, I have to say that at the ONE dinner I attended just about a year ago, plawrence was friendly, engaging and an allaround delightful guy to spend an evening with!

As I've stated before...however negative things get online, I do not like to hear of ANYONE suffering ill health. My heart & prayers go out to plawrence.

AppleOnYa
Posted By: SC

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 10:23 PM

plawrence would never want to burden anyone with his personal issues and he's not a religious man but in spite of these two characteristics my thoughts and prayers are with him, his significant-other, Vickie, and his son, Steve.

His father died a few months ago and I asked him at the funeral if he wanted me to post a thread about that on these boards. He thought for a second and said, "No", as if to say "Why"? Well, the answer is simple (to my way of thinking anyway).... we want to get some comfort from our friend's and acquaintances' notes of sympathy and prayers.

As Geoff stated in his original post here in this thread, plaw was diagnosed with the bad news back in March, 2005. His plan was to keep the news private for as long as he could and to seek solace from these boards. He tried valiantly to carry on his life as normally as he could, and for a long time he succeeded. Despite reactions to medications and ever-increasing pain he appeared here almost daily, trying to maintain his usual good standing in the sports leagues in which he partook. I'm afraid those days may be gone forever for him but I truly hope he can return to post some more.

More importantly, I pray whatever God has in store for plaw involves no more pain for him. PLEASE say a prayer for our friend!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 10:45 PM

One meeting, one phone call, some PM's and a whole lot of post reading, and I feel as though a DEAR friend is not well and needs support. Without a doubt I pray from the very bottom of my heart for you Paul and hope that perhaps you'll be able to post again here and there when you're up to it. God bless you!

Geoff/SC, I know you don't want to give details and I understand, but please post, to whatever degree you feel comfortable, any updates you can. And when you see Paul please tell him I'm thinking/praying for him ok?

TIS
Posted By: Double-J

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 10:52 PM

In a time of trouble such as this, even I cannot wish upon my intellectual archenemy ill will.

Get well soon, and Godspeed, P.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Geoff/SC, I know you don't want to give details and I understand, but please post, to whatever degree you feel comfortable, any updates you can. And when you see Paul please tell him I'm thinking/praying for him ok?
I'd like to second this. I hate to pry, but it's only out of concern - if there's anything else you feel you can tell us, please do, and continue to keep us up to date with how he's doing. Also, I agree with TIS in asking that you please let him know his "family" here is pulling for him. Thank y'all for everything.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/16/06 11:40 PM

I will definetly be sending prayers Plaw's way. We were never close but I have always had a huge amount of respect for him. Thanks for updating us Geoff!
Posted By: goombah

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 12:51 AM

I was surprised and saddened to learn of Plawrence's illness by reading each one of these messages. I wish you all the best, Plawrence, and will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You're a class act.
Posted By: Brwne Byte

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 01:07 AM

May God heal you,and protect you.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 01:21 AM

Plaw is the most decent of men, a fair-minded, broad-gauged, highly intelligent guy with a big heart to match. I've had the pleasure of his company for quite a while now, and he's enriched my life. I've been praying daily for him since I first learned about his problem. I'll continue to pray for him.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 01:23 AM

Wow. This is actually quite a shock. God speed to Plaw.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 03:22 AM

How do I even begin? I will continue to pray for my dear friend, prayers that he was always grateful for, even if he didn't believe. Plaw was so sweet, so funny, so generous and loving, and yet such a huge pain in the ass, all at the same time. It was that wonderful combination that made him so special, like sweet and sour chicken.

I pray that God makes whatever is facing my Paulie as painless and easy as possible. At the very least, he deserves that.

He loved it when I called him my prince, so goodnight, sweet prince.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 03:29 AM

My prayers have been and will continue to go out for Plaw who has been, is, and will always be a very special friend.

Plaw is an integril part of our gangsterbb community, and more importantly a very dear person to many of us on here who have been priviledged enough to get to know him.

We know that right now his health is, to use his favorite saying, on the "slippery slope," but I believe that God will do what's best for him and hear our prayers in Paul's time of need.

As others here who know Plaw have said, he is a very private man who never wanted to burden ANY of us with his personal problems. And therefore I think that it only fitting that we respect Plaw's right to privacy and refrain from asking any personal questions about his illness right now.

"Dear Friend, please don’t feel like you're alone
There is someone who is praying
Praying for your peace of mind
Hoping joy is what you'll find
I know you don’t feel weak
Even though you are
But it wasn’t your strength
That found room in my heart
Dear friend, you are so precious, Dear Friend."

Don Cardi
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 03:41 AM

Knowing plaw, even though it has been for a relatively brief time compared to many on these Boards, has been a privilege. A true gentleman, an incredible mind, and a very caring soul. That really says it all.

Plaw, you are absolutely in my prayers. We're all thinking of you.

Signor V.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 06:48 AM

My heart literally stopped seeing this topic. I really love Plaw. I hope he gets better soon.

Oh, how I wish I could give him a hug and kisses. He is one of my favorite members on this boards. SC, JG and/or whoever else who goes for a visit, please give him my best.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:03 AM

I only hope the best for Plaw, this is a real shock and worrying situation for us. But let's be positive. This is Plawrence, Plaw, Paul. Even those of us who don't know him as well as others know how tenacious, resiliant and even stubborn he can be. Qualities we all admire him for and I'm sure during this difficult period he wont change. He's a fighter and a good man. Things will pick up.
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:11 AM

My prayers go out to him. I must admit I don't know him very well but he is, as illustrated by the love people have for him here, a man of respect.

I hope he gets well soon.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 12:29 PM

On this Sunday morning I will be in church and Plaw will join the list of folks I pray for. Although we have never met, we've been on this board a long time and we have exchanged many thoughts. Being from the same generation we share many of the same musical, political and social views; a kindred spirit.

My prayer is for Plaw to find comfort and strength in knowing that a lot of folks are pulling for him and that there is a greater power that will assist him. Get well Plaw....we need your voice, your heart, your soul.
Posted By: Mad Johnny

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 03:52 PM

I hope his health improves.
Posted By: dapperdon

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 04:37 PM

My thoughts are with him.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 05:07 PM

Anytime a good writer gets ill, it bothers me. Plaw is indeed a great writer.

I don't pray, but rather believe in the power of positive thought. I will be thinking of Plaw in positive ways. Hopefully some of those emotions will be sent his way. Hope he's back on his feet and writing soon.

The Doc
Posted By: svsg

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 06:38 PM

I don't pray, but I believe in luck. I hope Plaw gets all the good luck and gets well soon. He is one of the members I really respect here.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 06:41 PM

I'll pray to God extra long to night for Plaw.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 08:00 PM

Me and my family are praying for Plaw. God bless him.

DS
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 08:16 PM

Please recover, Plaw
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 08:53 PM

I hope he'll recover fast!

He's one of the people on these boards who's posts I always like to read. Not to mention the respect I have for him...

I already (like Apple said) had an idea there was something wrong, there were too many hints in that direction.

But still... it comes as a shock, I didn't know it was that serious.

Posted By: Fame

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:39 PM

I just wrote a poem. We didnt talk much, and Im not online much, but I read many of his posts, and I really hope, Plaw, that you'll recover ASAP.
Anyway, heres the poem...you know how he likes to write those funny poems from time to time, so I'm dedicating this one to him:

----
-----
------

O Good Ol' Statman

O good ol' statman, come back soon,
Kick that illness to the moon,
Come back for all those good ol' sessions,
'bout "Miller's Crossing" & "True Confessions",
"Inherit the Wind" and all those monkeys,
Boston Red Sox or the Yankees?
It will be fun, you know the drill,
Just give us reports from good ol' Neal.

O good ol' statman, the list goes further,
But we shall DEFINITELY dicsuss "Anatomy of a Murder",
And when its time for sport just give us results,
And head on to Vegas to empty those vaults.

O Good Ol' Statman, Good Ol' Plaw,
You're one hell of a writer, that we all know,
So once you're all healed, just give us some more
Godfather chapters to love and adore.
We'll talk of boxing, whaddya say?
Ali all the way, or just Sugar Ray?
But most of all through this hard time remember:
"We're with you, Plaw. We're with you" forever.

--------
--------
--------

JG/SC - a small suggestion : if you go see him in the hospital, print this thread before you go and show it to him. Not just the poem, all the replies, let him read how much everyone supports him, Im sure it will warm his heart

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:50 PM

Thats a nice poem,im sure plaw will like that

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:51 PM

That was totally awesome!!! Great poem.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 10:54 PM

I'm hoping to visit him tomorrow, so will show him this thread.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/17/06 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I'm hoping to visit him tomorrow, so will show him this thread.
I hope he's well enough to really tear you a new one, (in PL fashion), for starting this thread.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 12:04 AM

I'm thinking of ya, Plaw. Get better buddy.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 12:50 AM

All of my love and prayers go out to you now, Plaw. Like SB said, even though you don't believe in it, I've been praying for you every day for the past year or so. Even though I haven't had much chance to talk to you or anyone else lately, I've still thought about you every day.

Get better soon, sweetheart, basketball season's coming!

Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 12:53 AM

I don't know what more I can say that hasn't already been said. You're a great man and have always been a close friend to me, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 09:25 AM

Tell Mr. Frank Vincent to get better so we can be graced with his sarcasm again.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 10:23 AM

You'll be in my thoughts Plaw.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 10:25 AM

Hang in there, pee
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 01:52 PM

Plaw, you've been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Reading these posts only give you a glimmer of how much people care for you... Stay strong!
Posted By: bogey

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 02:06 PM

Get well soon, Plaw. I wish you the absolute best.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 02:07 PM

My prayers and thoughts go out to plaw and his family. Plaw is certainly one of the anchors of this board. His kindness is evident from his posts. I wish the best.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 05:35 PM

I like him a lot. Good thoughts and vibes I'm sending his way.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 06:18 PM

i'll pray for your speed recovery Plaw. Godspeed!

GoodFella

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 06:20 PM

Plaw, get well soon, and I'll bring another bottle of Sixties Grand Cru Bordeaux!
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 07:39 PM

Come back Plaw, I haven't seen Broadway Danny Rose yet!

Best wishes for your health.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/18/06 11:02 PM

my best wishes for you, plaw. I don't pray either, but I do believe that a "higher power" is out there watching for us and He will make his best for our friend PL.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 12:54 AM

Hey everyone -

I just got back, after spending an hour and a half with Plaw. I gave him a printout of this thread (15 pages worth!) for him to read at his leisure, and he appreciates all your concern and best wishes.

Luckily he was awake most of the time (those pain meds really conk you out). His eyes were closed when I first walked in, but after touching his hand he opened his eyes and showed me his big smile. I told him not to start talking like Genco and he laughed and said he was thinking about it - I told him not to blaspheme! (I only wish I thought to say, "I'm with you now, Pop; I'm with you" )

I told him "I know you probably didn't want a thread about this, but you got a lot of support. Hit me if you must." So, of course, he playfully did.

I think half the time we were making fun of how yappy his new roommate is, telling each guest (and nurse) the same stories about how he knew Sinatra's father and some relative being a boxer or something. Plus I now know this guy's entire medical history.

Anyway, despite some weight loss and the meds, and some problems swallowing and talking for too long, he's still got his sense of humor and wits about him. For the most part, he seemes pretty comfortable, which is the most important thing.

So thanks, and please keep him in your thoughts!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 12:58 AM

Geoff, thank you so much for letting us know how your visit went!! It's wonderful to have news of our friend. As you said, it's most important that he's comfortable, and I'm so very glad to hear that. And it's good to know that he realizes how very much he's loved and missed.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 01:00 AM

That's awesome. But I cant' imagine his roommate being more chatty then Plawrence. Can you imagine if Plaw told this guy to shut up, he was too long winded?

Hopefully plaw will enjoy the lovely words that have been printed about him. I can picture his smile now.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 01:13 AM

I'm so glad to hear this. Thanks so much for the update Geoff!! If PLaw's roommate starts talking sports, then he's is all set. Maybe he can place some bets. eh? :p

Like everyone here, I continue to pray for him.

PLaw you're the best!!!!

TIS

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 02:18 AM

I'm glad you were able to go visit our buddy Neal. I bet it did alot of good for him to see a friendly face. Please give us an update whenever you can. We love and miss ya Neal.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 02:31 AM

My sincere thanks to you, Geoff, for passing on our regards and giving us an update.

I was thinking about him a lot today, so I was very grateful to see your post.

It's wonderful to hear that he's still in good spirits and being cared for.

He's still in my prayers.

Love you, Plaw.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 02:38 AM

Despite his being physically weak...its good to hear that his spirits are up...and that he still has his sense of humor.

Eventhough I don't know Plaw personally...judging by all the love that has been shown for him here...and judging by the thousands of posts I've read of his...he's larger than life...and I wouldn't be shocked if we see him back...sooner rather than later. I'm quite looking forward to it.

God bless you, pal. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. We miss you and love you.

Thanks for the update, Geoff!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 06:32 AM

Thanks JG, you are an angel. Did you kiss him for me too? (j/k) :p

I hope Plaw gets better soon and join us here. I miss him too much.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Did you kiss him for me too? (j/k) :p
Well, yeah, I did... but sorry, it was on the forehead. :p
I hope that's close enough!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 06:57 AM

Yeah, thank you! I guess that will do. We all know Plaw is very serious about his meterosexuality.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 12:16 PM

Glad too hear spirits are up,hang in there...

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 05:09 PM

Thanks for the update, JG.

Plaw's roommate better be careful - Plaw will start to counter him with various statistics and Bill James arguments.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 07:03 PM

I just returned from a visit to our friend Plaw. He's grateful for all the good wishes, especially from the ladies on the board.

Geoff, you're right! I thought that his room-mate would never shut up. Plus the fact that he insisted on sprawling out on his bed in a too-short hospital gown. Not an attractive sight!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/19/06 08:21 PM

Thanks for the update SB. I think his roommate was laying like that on purpose huh?

Neal, I'm sorry I can't visit you in person but I am there in spirit.
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/20/06 01:14 AM

SB---that was TMI about the short nightgown. More than I wanted to know. But glad PLAW in good spirits.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/20/06 01:59 AM

PLAWRENCE- I hope you get better soon, buddy.
My prayers are with you.
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/21/06 02:03 PM

Dear PLawrence

I hope you start to feel better soon, please stay strong and ride out the storm.

My father has been very ill recently too, he has a rare form of cancer called Myeloma and although there is no cure for it, it can be treated by chemotherapy. He has been in hospital for several weeks having high-dose chemo and has only just been allowed to go home. In hospital he was barely able to speak or move, but now he is home he feels so much better, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. It is tough for everyone but when people love you you will have all the support you need.

PLawrence, I hope you can draw on your inner strength and pull through, I'm sure you are in the best possible hands and you are not alone, surrounded by many people who care for you.

Lots of love and best wishes

xxx
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/21/06 03:54 PM

get well soon plaw
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/22/06 03:32 AM

Get well soon, Plaw.
Posted By: Ice

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:15 PM

PLAWRENCE the BB is NOT the same w/o you. Plz get better and plz get back to cracking skulls.

GODSPEED

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:25 PM

plaw -

We lost seven days' worth of (some mighty nice) responses to this thread due to some technical difficulties Geoff encountered while doing an upgrade on the boards. (I'd estimate about 35-40 replies were lost).

I hope to soon hear that you're reading this thread in the comfort of your home.

Be well, my friend.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:50 PM

Hi Everyone....

I'll go out on a long limb of presumptuousness here and assume that there are at least a few people who are interested in an update on my condition.

I'll spare you guys the gory details and just say that mentally, some depression aside, I'm about as well as can be expected under the circumstances - those circumstances being the condition of a man who needs some sort of help or assistance in the performance of even the simplest of daily physical tasks.

Obviously, the prognosis isn't great either, but I do expect to hang in there (again) for at least a while now after what, quite frankly, has been a brush with death.

Interesting, BTW, for those of you interested in death and dying (and who isn't?)....

At the moment at which I felt death to be imminent, while I didn't welcome it I didn't "run" from it or fear it either.

On the other hand, now that I'm back home and seemingly ready to live at least a little while longer, once again, like most people, I find myself pushing the idea of dying as far into one of the corner recesses of my mind as possible.

Anyway....

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words and thoughts and wishes - they truly do mean a lot to me.

I always get a laugh when people are taken to task because they should "get a life", or because they spend too much time on the internet.

The friends I've made here - those who I've had the pleasure of meeting in person as well as those I haven't - mean every bit as much to me as any friends that anyone could make under any other set of circumstances imaginable.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:53 PM

Woo hoo!!!! Welcome back plawrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:58 PM

PLaw,

How nice to see you back here. A great way to start my morning! Believe me your absence was truly missed.

I do hope you are taking it easy and without pain, and always wish you the very best. It's so nice to see your cyber face again. Again, Welcome back my friend!!

TIS
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
after what, quite frankly, has been a brush with death.

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Interesting, BTW, for those of you interested in death and dying (and who isn't?)...
But still witty as ever!

Welcome back man, it just isn't the same without you!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 02:12 PM

My friend Plaw is baaaaaack!!!!!!!!!! In more ways than one!

It's great to have you back Plaw. You were really missed.

Don Cardi
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 02:14 PM

Plaw it is great to have you back, and here's hoping it will be for a long time.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 02:29 PM

Plaw!! Glad to have you back, my friend!

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 02:40 PM

Welcome back Plaw,hope all is well

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 02:48 PM

DISSOLVE TO: newspaper with Plawrence's picture, with the headline: "Fantasy Sports Big Shot Plawrence Returns Home"

DISSOLVE TO: Exterior of hospital. Ambulance, police, reporters around, and photographers taking pictures. -day

VOICE (among other mumblings):Hey, come on, let's go ... get in the car

[Don Sicilia and four fantasy sports players get in the first car and drive off, followed by the ambulance, and then another Plawrence car.]

CUT TO: Plawrence people gathering at the mall's gate -day

CUT TO: Ambulance driving down the causeway sounding its siren-day

CUT TO: GangsterBB family gathering at the mall's gate as ambulance pulls up -day

CUT TO: Plawrence's foyer filled with gangsterbb friends including a cry baby Geoff who lost to Plaw in Fantasy Football the week before -day

TURNBULL : Okay, you take over...

[SC starts up steps. An attendant and a buttonman carry the Plaw on his stretcher up the stairs as the gangsterbb family watches. At the bottom of the steps we see Don Cardi and Plaw's son]

Plaw's Son (as he play-punches Geoff in the belly) :Ow!

Geoff : Very nice...!

CUT TO: The Plaw's bedroom. Plawrence is being visited by gangsterbb family members. -day

Beth E : I love you, Plaw.

Don Sicilia: (carrying the results of the head to head Fantasy Football games of the week before ) :I'm sorry, Plaw -- you haven't caught up yet.

DON CARDI : All right (then, to Plaw's son) Here you are, big guy -- give it to your dad.

PLAW'S SON : Okay (then, reading from his handmade card) I hope you get well, pop, and it's great to have you back home. Love, your son. [and he kisses his father]

SB : Ooohh... Fig-u -bella!

PLAWRENCE is in bed, holding football sheets and betting guides.

Geoff, Beth, SC, Turnbull, SB, Don Sicilia and Don Cardi are standing around the bed. -day

SC (sighs): Since Don Smitty's been attacked on the boards, the moderators have been cracking down on most of our members posting in the General Discussion area -- and also the other threads.

DON CARDI : They attacked us so -- we I attacked 'em back.

SC: Through our contacts in the newspapers, we've been able to put out a lot of material about Don Smitty being linked with the Bush administration in the war rackets. See -- things are starting to loosen up.

DON CARDI : And I'm ah sending Turnbull to uh Las Vegas, under the protection of uh Don Sicilia of Chicago-- I want him to educate the people of Nevada on the real stories behind the mob in Vegas.

TURNBULL: I'm going to teach those people -- once and for all -- who the real gangsters were behind the building of Las vegas and the casino business.

DON CARDI : Yeah...

Plawrence : (whispering) Where's DMC? then, a little louder, after SC doesn't answer) Where's DMC?

SC : (after looking off toward Don Cardi, bends his head towards Plaw) It was DMC -- who killed everyone in fantasy football last week because he cheated. But he's safe -- and we're starting to work to bring him back now.

[Plaw, markedly upset and angry, gestures that they leave him alone. They exit: SC, Geoff, Don Cardi, SB, Don Sicilia, BethE then Turnbull ]

===========================================================

Don Cardi
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 03:00 PM

Welcome back!

Reading your message made me almost forget JG's disasterous attempt to update the Boards.

Whenever you feel up for it, there's always tongue at Adelman's Deli - even if we have to have it airlifted to you.

Signor V.
Posted By: Ice

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 03:01 PM

LOL

one of your best don cardi

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 03:11 PM

plaw -

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to see your avatar, your name and your posted message proving that your back here. Your get-right-to-the-point style was missed almost as much as your simple presence here and I pray you'll be staying around for a long time in improving health!

Don Cardi - that was brilliant.... Turnbull as Fredo had me rolling on the floor.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 03:39 PM

Welcome back Plaw.
Posted By: svsg

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 03:58 PM

Welcome back Plaw Glad you are okay now.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 04:08 PM

I knew Plaw would get on after I wiped out a weeks' worth of fantasy scores! Welcome back, my friend!
Posted By: Ace_Reutzel_dup1

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 04:58 PM

Welcome back Plaw, can't wait to read your witty posts again....

Ace
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 05:12 PM

Glad to see you are back plaw and that JG is still in one piece for starting the thread in the first place.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 06:32 PM

My prince!!! My prince is back!!! Your Babe has missed you more than words can say. I am so glad to see you back at home and being able to enjoy the things that you love - mainly us!!! Welcome back, my dearest friend!

DC - That was great!! Nice job, my friend, except I don't have any lines!! :p

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 06:43 PM

The choir is singing PLAW'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW

This is a great day. Welcome back Neal. I really missed you around here. I will continue to pray for you that your health will get better and better and you will get stronger.
Posted By: goombah

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 07:38 PM

Plawrence

Glad to see your post! Welcome back! The Giants need your help on defense and the sports posts need you too. You are in my prayers.

Goombah
Posted By: JustMe

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 08:21 PM

Nice to see you, Plaw! My posts here are lost of course. But, nevertheless, I pray for you, my friend.
DC,
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 09:27 PM

Welcome back Plawrence,

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/29/06 11:49 PM

The slippery slope is more greased up than ever and the fantasy sports are feeling better with you back. Plaw it's been great to see your return. I only wish you well which I sincerly mean.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/30/06 07:28 AM

Paul, I'm so glad you're back here again. It might sound strange to some people, but one can actually start caring for people whom one has never met, just by reading their thoughts and ideas, as we are so exposed when we start writing what we think.

I've always tried to look up to you. Please hang in there and don't let this sickness get the best of you.

Much love, kisses and hugs,
Afsaneh
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 09/30/06 05:42 PM

great to see you back buddie. I'm just glad to see you're fine now and to know that we somehow helped here. lots of luck for all of us now

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/01/06 03:12 AM

plaw--
Just one post from you tells me my prayers have been answered. I'm so happy to see your avatar and read you once again.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/02/06 01:23 AM

God Bless you my friend. Iam so glad to see you up and about. Cant wait to see you soon. Keep fighting.

Your Friend,
Nicky
Posted By: klydon1

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/02/06 02:32 PM

Wonderful to read your post, Plawrence. I continue to wish you the best.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/02/06 03:51 PM

Healthfully Hoping Your Harlequin Hovers Nearby. You know what I mean. Glad you're back and kickin'.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/03/06 06:20 AM

I was so truly happy to see a post from you again after all these days, Plaw! I don't think I've ever been so excited to see one single post as I was when I saw yours just now. I even got a little lightheaded for a second, with the relief of having you around again. Like you said, let people say what they will about getting a life or whatever, but I don't think of you as any less of my friend and loved one than the people in my "real" life just because I've never met you in person. It's great to have you back!
Posted By: Big Daddy Don

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/05/06 10:26 PM

First off, let me say that I was saddened to hear that PL has been in bad health. Although he drives me crazy with his anal retentive stats in the fantasy sports game, I still like the old codger. I am really glad to hear he is home and hopefully he feels better today than yesterday and in turn better than the day before that.

However, reading through this thread ….. With all the people professing their ‘love’ and PL is the greatest writer in the world, and is a mentor and father figure blah blah blah – gee it makes me sick ….. All that mushy stuff is not going to make Statman feel better. No that will just make him roll his eyes – what you need to make someone feel better is to talk about something that they love talking about. And although I do not profess to be best friends with PL, there was a time when I was known as his ‘honey from Phila’, PL you remember those days right. So that got me thinking – what is it that PL loves more than anything – what is it that he loves to talk about for hours on end – what is it that puts the lions in his loins …. And than it occurred me – what he loves to talk about the most is – himself. :p

So in an effort to cheer PL up, to brighten his spirits some, below are a few talking points about well - PL. To start you cannot and I repeat CANNOT have a discussion of PL and his passion without discussing the infamous Mopsey and Flopsey story. A story which by now has taken on mythic proportions and one that some of you know and for those that don’t you should look it up. I would do it but I'm much too lazy to go and find PL’s ramblings – opps I mean description of that special night. Besides knowing Pork he probably deleted that with all the other deletions I hear he made. So below – the picture that started the Mopsey and Flopsey saga ….

Secondly we have the time I posted on an event that went unnoticed by many of you – but not that long ago when PLAW was voted as Time magazine’s Sexiest Man of the Year.

And finally – to get some attention from the ladies – who can resist the below …. Taken from Halloween a few years ago, c’mon ladies you have to admit you want to pinch his cheeks and paddle his bum.

Hopefully this brief walk down memory lane all revolving around PL will cheer him up some.

Seriously I do wish you well in what you are going through and for what it is worth I will also say a prayer. Whether you believe they do any good - I'll still say one.

Re: A PRAYER FOR PLAWRENCE - 10/05/06 11:06 PM

I really wish I had posted the other thread before Big Daddy was able to post this last wonderful sentiment. But I'm glad it's included here.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET