Home

Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 09/30/06 12:39 AM

Republican Congressman Mark Foley of Florida has resigned after some....umm...."naughty" Instant-Message chat transcripts between him and a former 16 year old paige of his were reported by ABC NEWS.

Thankfully, Mr. Drudge knows what to do with such hot news. Why, publish the transcript itself.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/WNT/02-02-03b.pdf

Warning, its....well, fuck. I mean...DAMN. I can't think of anything to cushion it.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 09/30/06 01:18 AM

There is no way to "cushion" it RR!. When I read the e-mail yesterday, I concluded that in itself really wasn't incriminating and if anything "ify". However, it wasn't until tonight that I saw the IM exchange. I tell you, the internet has opened up another very convenient door to sexual predators.

Just as a sidenote, and not related to above story; A while back on one of the threads we werre discussing this type of thing and I mentioned that we had a teacher at my school who was arrested (this was 3 years ago). The student who brought the original charges was from my school, and the son of another of our teachers. As a matter of fact this guy's teaching partner (team). Nobody knew, nobody suspected, and when charges first came, nobody believed it. Then more kids (who now are 18 or so) came forward. Looking back, I guess all the signs were there. Why didn't we see it? Anyway, just today he was sentenced to 52 years to life in prison, obviously where he belongs.

TIS

PS, I bring this story up, because at work today we all had our memories refreshed on what occurred a few years back and hearing the sentence sort of blew us away again.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 09/30/06 04:02 AM

What a sick bastard. Are they bringing charges against him?

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 09/30/06 05:19 AM

I believe is up for Federal charges.....under the same laws he helped push through Congress. Irony!

Speaking politicking for a moment, I agree now absolutely that the Dems will win that seat. This isn't a drunk driving, or an affair with the secretary or intern. This isn't a fuck-up that can be spinned, or even brushed aside by the public. In fact, this is the sort of disaster that could cost the GOP that distict for the next 2-3 elections.

Worse, about 40 days away from the mid-term election day, the Democrat operatives will make good use of this, even more than that new Bob Woodward book.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 09/30/06 11:40 AM

Well, I couldn't open the link, but I imagine from the reactions of the others, that it was enough to have him arrested.

I tried to watch Dateline last night, as it was the To Catch a Predator episode. Did anyone see it? I've seen them do this before, where they set these guys up who think that they're meeting a 13 year old girl or boy for sex, but they meet up instead with police and a Dateline camera crew. It's so very satisfying to see the looks on their faces!! They've been teachers, principals, even a rabbi.

The internet, with all it's gifts, has unfortunately also given new opporturnities for these crimes, but I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 05:28 PM

What's funny (pathetically) is that Foley co-chaired the caucus for missing and exploited children. He also authored legislation regarding internet predators.

I read earlier (can't find the link now) that 5 other former WH pages have come forward.

TIS
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Well, I couldn't open the link, but I imagine from the reactions of the others, that it was enough to have him arrested.

I tried to watch Dateline last night, as it was the To Catch a Predator episode. Did anyone see it? I've seen them do this before, where they set these guys up who think that they're meeting a 13 year old girl or boy for sex, but they meet up instead with police and a Dateline camera crew. It's so very satisfying to see the looks on their faces!! They've been teachers, principals, even a rabbi.

The internet, with all it's gifts, has unfortunately also given new opporturnities for these crimes, but I guess we have to take the good with the bad.
Sure, didn't you hear, he was just doing research on the subject!

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 09:14 PM

You know, FS, thank goodness we have you around to comment and post the smilies that you do, because, quite frankly, not enough people get a laugh out of pedophiles. There just aren't enough child molestor jokes out there. That's why we're always grateful when you stop by and offer your valuable input, and slap a happy face on what others might consider a topic too serious to joke about. Please, carry on.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 09:38 PM

You know having grown kids, and not having the internet when they were growing up, I never had to even consider monitoring what they are doing on-line.

To SB and those who have young children/teens, what the heck do you do, short of standing over their shoulder every moment watching them. Kids can be so trusting, and aren't looking for these people, that even good kids can be led into danger on-line, when they may think it's an innocent conversation. I'd be worried sick if I had young ones at home. Let's fact it too, kids seem to know a whole lot more about the internet than most of their parents.

TIS

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 09:58 PM

Quote:
You know, FS, thank goodness we have you around to comment and post the smilies that you do, because, quite frankly, not enough people get a laugh out of pedophiles. There just aren't enough child molestor jokes out there. That's why we're always grateful when you stop by and offer your valuable input, and slap a happy face on what others might consider a topic too serious to joke about. Please, carry on.
It is like Jello.....
There is always room for laughter.

After watching dateline a few times, you HAVE to laugh at these morons. YES, some may consider a topic too serious to joke about, but then again if you take life TOOOO serious you may just boil over and not have a life at all.

By the way, did you ever hear some of the excuses they use when dateline sits them down...yes it is funny as hell as they try and talk their way out of it.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 11:29 PM

Why isn't he being treated as a person with a mental illness...he can be rehabilitated! He is still a good person! He shouldn't go to jail, he should be sent to a facility where he can receive proper care and treatment to be reintroduced into society. It's you conservative assholes who have no remorse and would rather lock up a troubled person when they have a sickness.

:rolleyes:

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 11:32 PM

Yeah, only conservatives start up piss fights, right DJ?

Anyway, the GOP will try to bury this shit like radioactive waste. Yet, I see seepage through the surface.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 11:35 PM

SAVE TOOKIE!

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 11:40 PM

You know, for once, I admit it. I don't get the reference.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/01/06 11:58 PM

Actually, the thing that fascinates me about the men caught on Dateline is that they all swear that it's their FIRST TIME. They've NEVER done anything like this before. EVER!!

TIS, it is frightening to think about who they might encounter on the internet. But you teach them as well as you can, and pray that they will listen to the lessons. After all, they could encounter a predator through church or school, as these predators tend to be found wherever youngsters are. A vulnerable child is vulnerable no matter where they spend their time, be it on the internet or with the "youth leader" in charge of some group they've recently joined. You have to be ever-vigilant and know the who, what, when and where of their lives.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 01:13 AM

They should have their balls torn off.

DS

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
They should have their balls torn off.

DS
Not only would this be an effective deterrent, but it would prevent them from spreading their genes into the pool.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 12:36 PM

I'm just wondering, how did this transcript got out?
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
it would prevent them from spreading their genes into the pool.
Is pedophily hereditary?

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 12:55 PM

If homosexuality can be something you're born with, which some like to claim, I don't see why pedophilia can use that same coin.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 01:35 PM

Quote:
If homosexuality can be something you're born with, which some like to claim, I don't see why pedophilia can use that same coin.
Oh boy, I see the flood gates opening here!

One Name- MICHAEL JACKSON

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 02:02 PM

Why do people think homosexuality and pedophilia are one and the same?

Besides, first off....is Michael Jackson black or white?

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Why do people think homosexuality and pedophilia are one and the same?

Besides, first off....is Michael Jackson black or white?
Michael is what we now know as a EGG-CREAM

Like in the Soda Fountain drink!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 08:14 PM

Sick bastard.

Something else troubles me about this thing.

It is obvious that these IM's were not found a day or even a few days ago. The people or person who knew about these IMs had to have held onto them for a length of time. And by holding back this information they may have put this victim in more danger and could have also put others in danger of this sicko.

I think that while this perv is being investigated, another investigation needs to take place to find out who the person or people are who held on to this information for so long before finally releasing it.

If it is found out that the person or people who released these IMs had held on to them for a length of time, then they should be held accountable for being so negligent by not providing this information sooner than they did.

Don Cardi

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 08:23 PM

Actually, they did know about it for quite some time. There was an article in my local paper about it this morning. The reason given was that somebody passed it to the somebody that is in charge of the pages. However, the Dems are saying that this was kept under wraps because the seat was in contention. Who knows what the truth is??

Quote:
The Bush administration, meanwhile, sought to distance itself from the scandal and the increasing questions about when members of the House Republican leadership knew of the e-mail exchanges and what did they know of Foley's actions. Coming five weeks before the election, the scandal involving the Republican congressman could cost the GOP control of the House
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 09:05 PM

Well Republican, Democrat, Liberal or whatever, ANYONE who knew about this for the length of time that they did before the IMs were actually released, was, in my opinon, negligent. And if their keeping this quiet for so long was politically motivated, then thats even more of a reason to have an investigation. Their silence could have possibly put others in danger from this pig.

Don Cardi

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 09:08 PM

Quote:
You're born with homosexuality like you're born with pedophilia.

But none of them is hereditary.

Like heterosexuality isn't necessarily hereditary either.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 09:38 PM

If your born with it...then by definition it is hereditary.

Quote:
Hereditary
he·red·i·tar·y Pronunciation
adj.
1. Law
a. Descending from an ancestor to a legal heir; passing down by inheritance.
b. Having title or possession through inheritance.
2. Transmitted or capable of being transmitted genetically from parent to offspring: a hereditary disease.
a. Appearing in or characteristic of successive generations.
b. Derived from or fostered by one's ancestors: a hereditary prejudice.
4. Ancestral; traditional: their hereditary home. See Synonyms at innate.
5. Of or relating to heredity or inheritance.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 11:36 PM

I am straight but my daughter can be born a lesbian.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/02/06 11:56 PM

Oh my God, this guy is so freakin gross. I can't even. I don't even know what to say. It's like I'M embarrassed and I didn't even do anything wrong. Just reading that creeped me out. Creepy. And we have old weird dudes like that in those positions. Creepy.
Posted By: Mr. Baggins

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 12:18 AM

You can have two small parents give birth to a tall child. That doesn't mean height isn't hereditary.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 01:56 AM

Well, Mr. Reynolds, the Republican partisan cheif within the halls of Congress, told the press that he had heard of these "inappropriate" e-mails(but not actually what were in these e-mails, but just that he heard that they weren't exactly...well, appropriate...for an exchange between a Congressman and a 16 year old Page) and had alerted to Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert about these emails and Foley back in the Spring of 2006.

Hastert had told the press that he first learned about Foley and the e-mails on Friday. When asked about Reynolds' statements, Hastert said that such comments by Reynolds to him..."slipped" his memory.

Now what happened here? Either two things, each a 50/50 possibility, knowing Congress and politicians.

(1) Reynolds was worred about such-commented "inappropriate" IMs, and told Hastert about it, since its a possible leak that could be a piss stain for the Republicans in Congress. Of course, assuming that they don't know what the IMs actually are, they probably assume that those IMs were innocent, but the wording made it seem like a paedophile/homosexual relationship was going on. However, perhaps Hastert was damn busy, or he probably figured that the IMs were nothing to worry about. I mean, a top GOP guy for family values and safety of our children? Just cheap sleaze against him by the opposition.

In other words, the GOP on the Hill simply fucked up, and now have a major disaster on their laps, not because of failure to keep a cover-up, but because the chain of command failed in reprimanding Foley. Shit Happens.

(2) Reynolds learned of the IMs, and their content, and told Hastert, who then lead a cover-up of very devastating materials for the Fall Mid-terms. However, somebody(probably a Democratic sympathizer) got ahold of these IMs, and timely leaked it to the public.

Now I'm not saying that the GOP tried to cover Foley's shit up. They could have, but there is no proof for such things so far, so its irresponsible to say that they are. But considering how Washington is, and how cynical that we as a people are with our government's elected officials, many people will either believe, or actually consider, that such a failed cover-up did happen, and this shit will hurt the GOP in 30 or so days at the polls.

BTW, who saw Joe Scarborough taking Hastert and the GOP Congressional power structure to task for this fiasco? A former Florida Congressman from the 1990s, and considering that Hastert once upon a time was one of his bosses at that time...he laid a Cleveland Steamer on them.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 02:23 PM

Quote:
If your born with it...then by definition it is hereditary.
Not necessarily. Exposure to certain viruses, chemicals or substances while in the womb can cause the baby to be "born with" minor or major birth trauma, defects, anomalies, etc.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] If your born with it...then by definition it is hereditary.
Not necessarily. Exposure to certain viruses, chemicals or substances while in the womb can cause the baby to be "born with" minor or major birth trauma, defects, anomalies, etc. [/b][/quote]That would certainly be the case in a rather small, isolated group.

But for those who are gay and believe it is so because of their genes, it is because they all believe they were born that way. Far too many people for trauma, defects, etc. to universally apply.

Either way, I'm not saying I buy the argument that homosexuality (or pedophilia) are genetic, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 02:42 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Saladbar:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] If your born with it...then by definition it is hereditary.
Not necessarily. Exposure to certain viruses, chemicals or substances while in the womb can cause the baby to be "born with" minor or major birth trauma, defects, anomalies, etc. [/b][/quote]That would certainly be the case in a rather small, isolated group.

But for those who are gay and believe it is so because of their genes, it is because they all believe they were born that way. Far too many people for trauma, defects, etc. to universally apply.

Either way, I'm not saying I buy the argument that homosexuality (or pedophilia) are genetic, I'm just playing Devil's advocate. [/b][/quote]I'm actually suggesting something very un-PC. I'm saying some kind of stress is happening first trimester, when the brain is really developing (like the hypothalamus that influence sexual behavior). Well, I'm not actually suggesting it but rather some researchers indicate this may be happening.

But it is unpopular, since it put homosexuality in a disease or birth defect category.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 03:10 PM

It would be an interesting study to read, actually. Though I do believe that there is quite a balance between heredity and environment in most cases (generally, not necessarily with what we're discussing here).

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 05:42 PM

Well, a conservative columnist for the conservative-friendly Washington Times newspaper has called for Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert to RESIGN because of this fuck-up.

Several TV pundits seem to be hinting what I think is inevitable.

Either the GOP lose the House, and Hastert loses his job via elections, or if the GOP retain the House, some Congressman will mutiny on his ass, and force him to resign. I mean, look at Lott and Delay. This is a lose-lose scenario for Hastert.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/03/06 09:55 PM

If this turns out to be true, another sick twist to this bizarre story. Foley had cybersex before House vote

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 12:20 AM

What I don't understand is why this man is not in jail. Why is he allowed to enter rehab, while the anyone else who had this much evidence compiled against them would be cooling their heels in cell by now? That's the real disgrace.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 12:32 AM

Which is why the world is going to the
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 12:35 AM

Quote:
What I don't understand is why this man is not in jail. Why is he allowed to enter rehab, while the anyone else who had this much evidence compiled against them would be cooling their heels in cell by now? That's the real disgrace.
You are right. I do not understand it.

DS

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 01:45 PM

Did the Democrats pay this guy off? Holy shit. What a way to fuck up midterm elections... :rolleyes:

Now he's a gay Catholic who was molested by a priest when he was young and now has a bad case of pedophilia that many other politicians knew about...

You can't make this shit up...

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 02:25 PM

Double J, You forgot to add alcoholic...

Personally, I could care less what party this guy is associated with, but if there are people who knew about the potential danger to youngsters that this man posed, and kept quiet about it in order to win an election, then they are as criminally liable as he is, IMHO.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 02:27 PM

Quote:
Did the Democrats pay this guy off? Holy shit. What a way to fuck up midterm elections... :rolleyes:

Now he's a gay Catholic who was molested by a priest when he was young and now has a bad case of pedophilia that many other politicians knew about...

You can't make this shit up...
And you thought Jerry Springer had some weird people on.

Ma, get my shotgun, I've got some business to talk over with those fellas down in Washington.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 02:31 PM

Quote:
Now he's a gay Catholic who was molested by a priest when he was young and now has a bad case of pedophilia
Is this a way for us to feel sorry for him instead of outrage?
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Now he's a gay Catholic who was molested by a priest when he was young and now has a bad case of pedophilia
Is this a way for us to feel sorry for him instead of outrage? [/b][/quote]He got involved in some disturbing and shameful behavior and is sending up smoke screens to avoid responsibility.
He disgraced himself, his office and family. He should just quietly go away. His excuses are ridiculous.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 02:57 PM

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 05:42 PM

Quote:
I think it depends on how they bring up the charges. Washington DC age of consent is 16 so he broke no law there. However he could be arrested by the same Federal internet sexual predator laws he fought so hard to inact!

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 06:17 PM

Quote:

just for the record - sending e-mails/IMs to a 16 year old isn't pedophilia. Pedophilia refers to pre-pubescent children, not post-pubescent teenagers. Doesn't mean he's not a pervert, hypocrite, very guilty of sexual harrassment in the work place which HAS no age limit ...

What is the point of his declaring that he was molested by clergy when he was 13? It appears he's trying to garner sympathy by pointing a finger at the crimes of the catholic church and thereby deflecting responsibility away from himself.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 08:52 PM

Saladbar, Well DUH!! Of course he's going to try and deflect attention by making himself a victim. And if this boy is 16 now, he may not have been at the time of the internet relationship. He's been carrying on these relationships for YEARS, so who knows how many young boys he's contacted. Also, it seems he did this while on the road, so I would think that would fall under federal guidelines. I wonder what they are??

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 09:50 PM

What I hate is that Foley's shit is trying to make him the victim. Yeah, if his shit is true, he was a victim, but people can choose whatever to have Internet sex with kids or not. HE CHOOSE to do so, thus I can't feel sorry for him at all.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/04/06 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
just for the record - sending e-mails/IMs to a 16 year old isn't pedophilia. Pedophilia refers to pre-pubescent children, not post-pubescent teenagers.
I'd broaden that considerably, since not all 16-year-olds are post-pubescent, and that irregardless of that status, the child is still a minor, while the congressman is a middle-aged "man," which would fit my interpretation of pedophilia.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/05/06 04:19 PM

OK so he is a gay, catholic, alcoholic, former molestation victim, creep, and child molester. What a defense.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/05/06 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
OK so he is a gay, catholic, alcoholic, former molestation victim, creep, and child molester.
But he does brush and floss regularly.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/05/06 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
OK so he is a gay, catholic, alcoholic, former molestation victim, creep, and child molester. What a defense.
What do you bet that he will get a female lawyer next.

Re: Florida Congressman busted for Naughty IMs - 10/05/06 09:14 PM

I hear they're digging up Cochran... :p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET