Home

The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting.

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 07:55 PM

Well, I know Researcher and Liz, two recently absent members, met earlier this month, which covers the BB's first Anglo-Australian meetup, but earlier this week, the BB's first Anglo-American meeting took place, in Newcastle, England.

Omar's been on vacation for a few weeks now, and he told me a few months ago that he would be in Edinburgh and London for a week in July. So on Thursday, at the Pitcher & Piano on Newcastle Quayside, Omar and I met up for a great meal and general get-together. His dad, friend and brother were also present.

Anyway, to save this thread from mounting formality, I'll cut to the chase: it was fantastic meeting this guy, who's pretty much in the same boat as me; a teenaged film buff who is starting university in a few weeks.

My only complaint was that it didn't last long enough. Hopefully I can make it to the States some time in the next few years, and return the favour. Thanks, mate!

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 07:56 PM

^^Omar and Capo

^^Omar's brother, Omar's friend, Omar's dad, Omar and Capo
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 08:08 PM

Wow, very cool!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 08:13 PM

How fantastic Capo!! I remember Liz and Researcher, even if it's been a while and certainly I remember Omar as well.

Did you two hit it off right away, like those of us in the States who met up? What did you have for dinner? Next time you must meet up with Turi as well as Family Honor, even though it's been a while since she's been around as well as all the others from the UK area.

Thanks for posting the great pictures. Now, you must make a yearly thing (or more) of this Transatlantic meeting.

TIS
Posted By: Beth E

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 08:14 PM

How delightful.

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 08:18 PM

Actually, TIS, once we settled down in our seats in the restaurant, one of the first things we said was, "Man, we have to get pictures of this, and show that New York lot how things are done. We're way ahead of those guys." Yeah, we did hit it off right away; it was if we'd all known each other for years.

Well we have, in a way, haven't we?

Omar's dad got a duck dish, Omar's brother got a burger of some sort, and Omar, Omar's friend and I were all boring and chose the same thing, a safe option: classic steak sandwich. But I actually preferred the nachos we shared as starters. Damn, those were good.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/22/06 09:18 PM

Capo, I think that's wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! It looks like all of you had a great time!! Get your butt over to this side of the pond. We'll show you a good time.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/23/06 12:47 AM

Great stuff, Mick! Looks like a fine meal, too. Not a sign of bangers and mash, much less haggis.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/24/06 10:16 AM

Awesome, fellas.

But where was the beer?

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/24/06 07:32 PM

There's a pint o' Guinness there at the head of the table.

You were mentioned a few times, actually, Turi. Omar asked if I'd ever met up with you, and I said something along the lines of, "No, but I'd love to; not sure if I'd keep up with him on the beers though."

Fancy, being known by drinking habits. Well, George Best got an autobiography out of it.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/25/06 02:12 AM

Good for you, guys!
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:

But where was the beer?
I actually drank my first legal beer earlier that day, Stella Artois, a beer I revisited throughout the trip.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had a great time finally meeting Mick, and if I ever make my way over there again, I'll have to spend the extra buck and meet you too, Turi.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 02:11 AM

Wow, that's really great, guys!

The GBB sure gives us all a special bond, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing the experience and the pics!
Posted By: svsg

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 05:44 AM

Gina, maybe me, you and Irishman should have a texas meet!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 03:43 PM

Excellent guys!
Pitcher & The Piano eh Capo?
Very swanky,very nice
Posted By: Walter Mosca

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 03:46 PM

This is good to read, nice one fellas!

Omar - Stella Artois... try not to develop too much fondness for that one - the lager commonly known as "wife-beater" or as I heard the other night "leg-spreader" hahahaha!

I'm in Edinburgh btw if anyone wants to visit me! I'm not really an asshole (I don't think ) try me! I like the pavement cafes ana the fine cigars! An a the pretty gerls!

Nice one fella's.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 03:46 PM

Seems to me there are quite a few from the UK. I don't know how far all of you are from each other, but you should plan a UK meet for all of you. If you plan far ahead of time, it can work out and I'm guessing would be a lot of fun.

TIS

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Seems to me there are quite a few from the UK. I don't know how far all of you are from each other, but you should plan a UK meet for all of you. If you plan far ahead of time, it can work out and I'm guessing would be a lot of fun.

TIS
Good point!
If he is not at college i am only about 3 miles away from Capo & we have not met yet....
I'm sure we might one day though!
Eh Capo?

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 08:58 PM

Yeah, if I can meet somebody from Georgia, then I can certainly meet somebody from The Toon; and even stretch myself up to Edinburgh. Actually, Walter, I'm in Edinburgh next weekend for a day, but I'm with family, so another time would be best.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/26/06 11:55 PM

I am so happy you had a little convention. That's great and thanks for the pic's.

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/27/06 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter Mosca:
This is good to read, nice one fellas!

I'm in Edinburgh btw if anyone wants to visit me!
Damn. It's too late now, but I just spent four days there. In fact, I drove down from Edinburgh when I met Mick.

A great little city. We ate at a great place called "Clever Dicks" our last night there. Beautiful place.

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/27/06 06:31 PM

Edinburgh is great.
I have been loads of times.
The kids love going to the Zoo but walking up that bloody great hill is'nt getting any easier the older i get
Posted By: Walter Mosca

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/27/06 07:35 PM

Good, good. I look forward to any such meeting.

Edinburgh is nice, esp. when the weather is so good. As my friend and I were saying the other night - it could be any city on the continent (which I suppose it is, to non-europeans... but we don't think of it as such!).

I'm glad people like it. Have a good time, Capo, enjoy yourself.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/28/06 01:06 AM

How come the Brit is tanner than the Georgian?? Glad you guys got to meet up, sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous reading about how close to Edinburgh ya'll are.

Re: The BB's First Transatlantic Meeting. - 07/28/06 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
How come the Brit is tanner than the Georgian?? Glad you guys got to meet up, sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous reading about how close to Edinburgh ya'll are.
The Brit had just gotten back from Greece, and the Georgian just got back from the Pacific Northwest.

But don't worry, when the Georgian went to London a few days later, he got a tan from standing in the English rain. Seriously, London was just as hot as Atlanta.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET