Home

In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli

Posted By: Signor Vitelli

In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 05:23 AM

I have been off the boards for several weeks due to the passing of my beloved wife. Slowly, I have been trying to get back into the land of the living, but this has been the most difficult time of my life.

A few folks on the BB met her when we attended the dinner in Staten Island on February 22. We did not get out very often - she had been battling inoperable lung cancer for over a year - but we had a great time and she truly enjoyed meeting those in attendance,

Here is the link to that thread, with the photo. We were, indeed, a motley crew that night.

Ironically, it was not the cancer that claimed her; she had a stroke at home on Mother's Day. She never regained consciousness, and died on May 26. Her mother and I were with her.

I have retired my original signature ("For me, there's only my wife..."). Those people who knew us personally know how true this was. I hope to, at some point, post a little more on the Boards. For the last few weeks, however, dealing with personal matters had made this impossible.

We were together for 18 years, and had celebrated our 16th anniversary in April.

She was truly an incredible woman.

Best to all,

Signor V.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 05:25 AM

My god Signor V. I am so so so so so sorry. That is truly very sad. I hope in the coming weeks and months you can remember mostly the happy times you had together, the good times. Remember too that my thoughts are definitely with you. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 05:27 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

RIP
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 06:01 AM

Signora Vitelli has been, and will be, in my prayers. I thank God for the opportunity of having met her -- a fine, charming, loving, and overall wonderful woman.

You've been blessed with 18 wonderful years, my friend - something most cannot claim, probably...!

God bless you, SV, during this difficult time -- you're a wonderful and special friend!

All my love,

JG
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 06:18 AM

SV,

I'm so very sorry to hear this.

I wasn't one of the fortunate to meet you and Signora, but I can certainly imagine that she was a wonderful person and you two made a wonderful couple.

JG's right - not many can say they've had a special someone in their life for so long, if even at all, and I think you both were truly blessed to have found each other.

My deepest sympathy to you at this difficult time - know that the GBB family is always here for you, and take care.

God bless you.
Posted By: SC

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 07:14 AM

Sr. Vitelli -

Having witnessed the love between you and your wife with my own eyes I DO understand how true your former signature was. It was touching, indeed, to see how attentive you were to Sra. Vitelli's needs.

Keep up your strength and spirits, SV, and know that your lovely wife is out of her pain now.

Be well, my friend, and come back to us soon.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 07:26 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss, Signor Vitelli.
I know too well how it feels when you lose a beloved one. Yet I got this feeling (actually a certainty) that those who die never really leave us. They are still with us, deep in our heart and thoughts. And as long as we keep their memory alive, somehow they are not going to actually die. It's a different perception of their presence we got.

My prayers and thoughts are with you!

((((((hug)))))))))
Posted By: svsg

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 07:30 AM

SV, my condolences. Do visit the boards often, it will offer some change from your sorrow.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 08:13 AM

I'm so sorry SV! Hang in there.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 09:35 AM

All the best to you, Vitelli. Take care.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 10:58 AM

I am so terribly sorry for your loss Signor! Sending my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 11:22 AM

I do not know you well, but I send out my heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Treasure the lovely memories of your beloved wife and let them give you strength. Bless you!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 11:31 AM

Signor Vitelli -

Let me start off by extending my sincerest condolences to you upon the passing of your wife. I cannot begin to imagine the empty feeling that you must have now, being without her after so many years together.

I am glad that I was fortunate enough to have the honor of meeting her this past April. In the short evening that we all spent together, it was clearly evident that your love for each other was a deep and unconditional love.

While you've lost her in the physical being, I know that she will live on in your heart for the rest of your life and the memories that you have of your time together with her can never pass away.

Remember my friend, if ever you feel the need to talk, we are here for you.

May God bless you and watch over you in your difficult time of grief.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 11:46 AM

My condolences.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 12:28 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss,take care of yourself

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 01:09 PM

Signor Vitelli,

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. Words are never enough at times like this, but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

TIS
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 01:12 PM

My most sincere condolences, SV, to you and your family.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 01:19 PM

So sorry for your loss, Signor V.

Something like this diminishes the silly crap that sometimes dominates the Gangster BB ... I'm sure we all stand by you in your time of sorrow & recovery.

We welcome you with open arms during your gradual return to the land of the living. It'll take time of course...we'll be here to joke, quarrel, or whatever you like.

Signor V...I'll never forget your introducing me to the Sandy Becker website. I visit it frequently and it brings back alot of happy childhood memories.

Take care...

AppleOnYa
Posted By: XDCX

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 02:17 PM

I'd say I know what you're growing through, SV, but I really don't. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain you must be feeling.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: bogey

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 03:13 PM

My most sincere condolences, Signor. Take care of yourself
Posted By: Double-J

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 04:32 PM

My deepest condolences. I'm glad that we have such a tight knit community here at the BB that is so close and, even though many of us have never met, we still care about the people we interact with (even if we fight with them).

I can only hope I will be lucky enough to find someone as special as you did. Again, you have my deepest sympathy, and I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Blessed are those who Mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

Sincerely,
Double-J
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 04:59 PM

This is very sad news, and my prayers and best wishes go out to you. You were blessed to have had as many happy years as you did, but that doesnt take away the pain you must suffer.

We will wait for you to go through the grieving process, and I believe I speak on behalf of everyone when I say we will welcome you back to the boards with open arms once you are ready to start posting again.

Don T
Posted By: goombah

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 07:16 PM

Signora Vitelli

I was deeply saddened to read your post and please accept my sympathies for your tremendous loss.

I had begun to lose respect for these boards in light of the ridiculous amount of bickering that has occurred of late. But your post helped put things back in perspective of what is truly important in this world.

God bless you and your family.

Goombah
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 07:41 PM

You're in my thoughts, mate. Nothing more I can say which would lend justice to this terrible loss.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 10:14 PM

Sr. Vitelli, please accept my sincere condolences. I never had the pleasure of meeting your wife or you, but I wish I had. Very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/15/06 10:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, Signor Vitelli. My condolences to you.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/16/06 10:51 AM

My Condolences. May your loss be eased by the memories of a life and loved shared.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/16/06 01:39 PM

Dear Signor Vitelli,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Having been married a similar length of time, I know how completely a love like that makes up your existence. I can only imagine how hard it has been for you to endure this loss. However, I also know that the love you shared will sustain you in this difficult time.

Please remember that your BB family will be here to offer encouragement and sympathy. And I hope you find some comfort in the fact that, although you are left in pain now, her pain is over. God bless.
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/16/06 11:16 PM

So very sorry!
God Be With You!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 06/17/06 12:55 AM

Dear Signor Vitelli,

I also want to extend my sincere sympathies to you and your family for the loss of your wife. Cherish the memories of her. Know that she is in a better place and is no longer suffering. May the Lord heal your heart at this time. Like many others have said your BB family is here for you. God Bless you. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 05:55 PM

Five years to the day.

For those of us who had the good fortune to have known Signora Vitelli, we miss her.

Happy Anniversary in Heaven. R.I.P. Trish

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 06:37 PM

I never had the good fortune to meet Mrs. V but she sounds like a wonderful woman. I can't believe it's been 5 years since her passing. You are in my thoughts today SV as you, I am sure, reflect back to memories this wonderful lady.

I couldn't open the picture link in your first post, but remember in particular a BB meet (I didn't attend) in which you and she bought wigs that everyone wore. I can't recall the story behind it, but it was a great picture. Also, I didn't realize or remember the signature you referred to: "For me there is only my wife." I have tears in my eyes. frown

God Bless you my friend

TIS

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 06:42 PM

It will be five years on May 26, eight days from now. But she is still in my thoughts, constantly.

For eighteen years (married for sixteen) I was the luckiest man in the world.

Signor V.
Posted By: olivant

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 07:29 PM

My sympathies.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 07:39 PM

Signora V is in my thoughts, SV.

It's funny, last week was nine years to the day that my mother was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. She was diagnosed in May and passed away in September.

Springtime has been kind of bittersweet for me ever since, so the revival of this thread really touched me close to home. Cancer is a horrible thing for a family to endure, and having people to talk to about it really helps the surviving family members deal with the grief.

Again, you're BOTH in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I couldn't open the picture link in your first post, but remember in particular a BB meet (I didn't attend) in which you and she bought wigs that everyone wore. I can't recall the story behind it, but it was a great picture.

The link didn't work for me either. Don't know why - unless it has something to do with a BB update that Geoff made at some point after the link was posted.

Anyway, this link should work:

A Motley Crew

It wasn't wigs - it was moustaches. So, we all became "Moustache Petes" that night at the Italian Restaurant sit-down in Staten Island back on February 22, 2006. Quite a memorable evening.

Signor V.

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 09:09 PM

Yes, that's the picture I was referring to. What a great group all right. smile Sorry I missed that event. It looks as though all had fun.

Thanks SV

TIS

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 09:15 PM

And without the mustaches:

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 09:17 PM

And one more with the staches:

Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/18/11 09:33 PM

I like your style SC. This is actually something I'd consider wearing. We should go shopping together lol.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: In Memoriam: Signora Vitelli - 05/20/11 12:24 AM

SV, although I didn't have the pleasure of meeting your wife that night, I did get to speak to her on the phone. She seemed like a lovely woman, and I know that the two of you had a genuine and pure love. How very blessed you were to have one another.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET