Home

Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here)

Posted By: DE NIRO'S SISTER

Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 01:02 PM

So i bet wed all love to go somewere such as Australia (some of my family have been there including my brother and me!)
And i bet we all want to talk about that special place were you went last year!!
Tell us about it here yes RIGHT here. Tell us a story of anything to do with Travelling! Maybe you had a dangerous ride through a street on your working holiday or even on a day trip!! Whatever. Plus one last thing you could just tell us were youv been. (AND WOULD LOVE TO GO!)
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 01:55 PM

Countries I`ve been to: Canada (no brainer really!), The U.S.A. (Hi there! ), The Dominican Republic (La Gasolina!), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (I am of South Asian-Canadian origin so yeah I have relatives in Britain :rolleyes: ), France (why so rude some times? Brown thing? Muslim? Canadian? South Asian? Indian? Or just every one who isn't French?!), Holland (Amsterdam's fucking expensive!), India (my roots, my beautiful roots! ahhh! ahhhhhhh! ahhhhhhh! No, it was really great actually, saw the Taj Mahal and every thing), Kuwait (0 - 4, then I became North America's problem and no longer Asia's, Canada's no longer Kuwait'slol!), Might be more but really don't think so...

Where I would like to go: Anywhere in the world desirable, within reason, and with unlimited alcohol,drugs,sex, rock and roll, sports etc. money). Some examples would include - Cuba, Brazil, Colombia, Bolvia, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Ireland, Scandinavia, Russia, Italy (pleez baby one day pleez), Greece, Spain, Portugal (going in August. YEAH!), Japan, India again, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia (but not until a change of government on their part for the better) Dubai, Egypt, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Cyprus, Turkey, Iran, Iraq (after Bushie is done of course), Afghanistan (same), South Korea (South Bushie, south, not North), Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisa (Carthage), Lebanon (Phoenicia) etc. etc. etc.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 02:00 PM

Wow you wanna go absolutely everywhere i dont ebven know half of them places!!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 02:02 PM

Every where I could my dear, time, $, companionship, friends, family, God willing that can all be worked out. Which places do you need to know more about?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 03:17 PM

I would like to learn about were you come from because youll know more about that country as you live there!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 09:05 PM

Well, I was born in India, but that was really just fate and happenstance. We (My Father, Mother (R.I.P.) God Bless Her Soul and elder Brother) had all been living in the Persian Gulf nation of Kuwait, Kuwait City to be precise. Hence, from 0-4, I lived in Kuwait. At the mature, sophisticated and polished age of 4 :p I moved to Toronto, Canada.

First we lived in Parkway Forest in North York. The area was heavily Iranian, South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan), with some Eastern Europeans, and blacks and wasps thrown in for good measure. This place used to be a very safe and healthy place in which to live and raise your kids. We lived in Parkway Forest yes, and it today it has degenerated into a not so safe neighbourhood but provided you keep you dignity, self-respect, street smarts and awareness and be somewhat careful you should go back home with all your possessions and your life most certainly in tact. Having said all this, when I was about 13 or 14 we moved to Thornhill. Thornhill is a posh mostly Jewish, with some Iranian Canadians, Chinese Canadians, South Asian-Canadians and Italian Canadians...There are the wasps and Irish as well. Thornhill, nicely reflects the multiculturalism of Toronto in its entirety. I am now 23, and I enjoy living in Thornhill, but I also enjoy visiting the old neighbourhood where I grew up from time to time. I consider myself more a Torontonian than representing Thornhill, or Markham, or York Region or North York or whatever.

Laura, where are you from and what are your roots?
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 10:20 PM

Where I've been:

I've been to Puerto Rico, Haiti, St. Thomas, Private Carribian Island, Key West, Canada (15 min from border), All over America (nice roadtrips, I'd say Florida and Arizona are the nicest).

Like to go:

China, Italy, Sicily, South America, Jamacia, Trinidad, Cuba, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand.

I plan to move to St. Thomas or one of the Key Islands when I have established myself job-wise after college. I don't really care where I go, as longs as it's tropical, warm and preferably cheap. (I know how expensive the Keys and St. Thomas are, but once you've been there, there is no way to not return)

The Doc
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/19/06 10:35 PM

There are places where I've been but don't have the immediate intention to rego.
South Italy, Portugal and the USA are places I've been but want to go back again, and I still want to go to Egypt, Palestina, Greece, Australia, Congo, Brazil and Malta.
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 01:05 AM

Germany is nice, and The Netherlands is wide open, at least as far as red-light districts are concerned. But you gotta be careful about drugs over there, they're tough on that.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 02:09 AM

There is a 190-mile footpath across the north of England called the Coast to Coast. It runs from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, and crosses country containing small mountains, lakes, river valleys, and moorland, and many, many farm pastures. At decent intervals, there are villages and small towns containing comfortable pubs and B&B's.

I don't think there is a better vacation than walking this path.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:

Laura, where are you from and what are your roots? [/QB]
I am from were you would call a place called Nottingham everybody associates it with Robin Hood (have you heard of him! He lived way long ago well some people say he was real and some people say he was a myth!) Nottingham is in The united Kingdom quite in the middle so you dont get a beach nearby! Iv lived here all my life in this part of nottinghham! My mums mum however used to live somewere in yorkshire but met my grandad in nottingham. Nottingham isnt the most nicest places to live but i suppose its better than some places!
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 06:07 PM

I associate Nottingham(shire) with Shane Meadows. He's my kind of Robbing Hood.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I associate Nottingham(shire) with Shane Meadows. He's my kind of Robbing Hood.
Or the crappy football teams

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 09:49 PM

Yes Laura, of course I have heard of Robbin Hood and it's cool that your from his er...uh...home town. We have our own robbing hoods to borrow Capo's term here in Ontario, We call them Dalton McGuinty and his gang of thieves.

So your fully British then all the way right? That's cool. Yeah, I'm South Asian-Canadian. That's a politically correct term that means (good looking ) Canadian brown guy who speaks English without an Indian accent.

For me, Toronto is home and although I would love to travel to as many places as I can (I've been to London, U.K. but not to Nottingham or any where else in the country) I wouldn't live any where else.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 10:08 PM

I met so many canadians travelling around australia,they are such nice people,always up for a laugh,heard many stories about your country,sounds so cool,i'd love to go there one day,hopefully soon

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 10:14 PM

Yeah man! For sure. If you ever do find yourself in Toronto, whatever the reason. The Moslon Canadians are on me brother!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/20/06 10:45 PM

Cheers man i'll remembeer that one
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/21/06 12:45 AM

I'm going to New York this weekend!! Yay! Hopefully I will hook up with someone at the trade show this time.... I always go by myself (although the first time I took my sister with me) but I love to shop and browse in Manhattan so I will have a good time, anyway.... Hopefully it won't rain!!

I'm also thinking about taking a trip to Italy.... I'm taking a class in Italian at the community college/continuing education and it's got me interested in going again. Who knows?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/21/06 02:27 AM

Angela M., I'd also love to see Italy one day in fact I have a book on the art and architecture of Rome (sitting somewhere on my extremely dirty room desk).

I'm taking Introductory Italian in s.s. at Y.U. this semester and I hope my limited Spanish experience and limited knowledge of the language, helps me with my studies in Italian.

You've been to Italy? When, Where, how was it?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/21/06 09:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
So your fully British then all the way right?

Yes would you understand me or would i speak funny to you? I probably wouldnt quite catch what you say!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/21/06 10:00 AM

Well, I'm 23, I speak with a Torontonian, Ontarian, Canadian accent for whatever that's worth. I speak English. And I know, respect, admire, have listened to, am listening to and will listen to many, many British people from England, Wales and Scotland and Irish people from the North and The Republic of Ireland.

Laura, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you and why wouldn't I understand you, or you, me?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/21/06 01:53 PM

With the exception of Canada & Mexico, which I was only there once, I have never been out of the US.

Out of the US my choices would be Italy/Sicily, England, and maybe Greece, which I hear is nice.

In the U.S. I have been to Florida twice, and several Midwest states (Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana), though there are no major things to see IMHO.

I would love to see more of the East like Massachusetts, Vermont, just because they look neat.

TIS
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/22/06 10:00 AM

I have never been outside of the continental US, I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Hawaii(sp?).

Now of the states I've been to they woule be California, Texas, Ohio, New Mexico. I'm only counting states where I've actually stayed at. I've driven through many more.

This spring my brother & I will be taking a trip to Virginia, Washington D.C. & Tennessee. I want to visit some Civil War sites and I want to see the Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall.

Plus sometime I intend on visiting Washington State, I want to visit the Mount St. Helens monument, I've very fascinated by Volcanos.

Other than that I really have no desire to travel to other countries.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 06:10 PM

Any more ?
Posted By: Ballsy McDuff

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 07:28 PM

I've been to Canada (Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI) and I love Toronto, and Montreal is okay, I took French in college and high school so I didn't feel too out of place. I want to go to England, Italy and Germany and watch football (soccer as us Americans call it) and I'd also love to see Petra, but I'll never be able to go I'm sure. Plus I'd love to go to Moscow and see the Kremlin.
Posted By: Ballsy McDuff

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 07:29 PM

Iceman, I used to live in Virginia, which Civil War sites did you want to see?
Posted By: Antoni Canoli

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 07:45 PM

Well.. being in the Navy gives me a little advantage I guess.. but here goes...

Places I have been: Thailand (Pattya Beach and Bangkok), Singapore, Dubai U.A.E., Bahrain, Israel (Haifa, Jerusalem, Bethlehem), Turkey (Antalya), Greece (Corfu, Rhodes), Italy (Trieste, Venice, Naples, Rome), Sicily (Sigonella), France (Cannes--the older generation aka WW2 love americans, the younger ones do not), Spain (Cartagena, Palma), Bermuda, Bahamas, St. Maarten, Martinique, Columbia (Caratagena), Panama (Panama City), Barbados, Curacao, Canada (Halifax, Victoria)....

Places I want to visit.. Australia, and really want to go back to Italy (Rome again, Sicily again).. Israel again... and never turn down a chance to visit Canada (I love my brothers to the north).... I NEVER, EVER want to go to France again...
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Antoni Canoli:
I NEVER, EVER want to go to France again...
Why? :p

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 11:32 PM

To be completely honest..I dont like the people... they are rude, and arrogant (way more arrogant than anyone can ever accuse Americans of being, and for no reason). As I said, the older generation (whats left of them anyway), the WW2 generation are polite, and love and respect americans for what we did in WW2, but the younger generations are bad..(just my opinion mind you, but since you asked me why I would NEVER, EVER go back, it is the one that matters..lol).

I am glad I can say I have been there but I dont care to go back. I would rather spend my money in Italy (A country I truly love)--and it has nothing to do with being a Godfather fanatic--I just really admire, respect, and love the Italian people and history.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 11:37 PM

I think you've been to the same places my hubby has. Next time you go on deployment send me a post card from each port.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/24/06 11:40 PM

It's a deal.. although I wont be going out to sea for at least 2 to 3 years.. in the shipyard for a while...
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 12:06 AM

At Newport News ship yard??

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 12:56 AM

Yes, Ma'am

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 01:02 AM

The Caribbean iss thes beast place eveer. I cant waitt to go back! Everyone shoudl go before thjeuy die.

the doc

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 01:14 AM

I got stung byty a jeelyfish by the way. Dont' do that, it hurts a lot.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 02:07 AM

DonF.55, a "jeelyfish" or a jellyfish and if you know, what's the difference?! :p

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/25/06 05:55 PM

lol

If anybody is going to australia or wants to ask me anything you want as iv been there!!! lol bout 2 yrs ago or less

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/26/06 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ballsy McDuff:
Iceman, I used to live in Virginia, which Civil War sites did you want to see?
Any of them as I'm fascinated by the Civil War and I've never seen a Civil War site.

Since you use to live in Virginia could you recommend some sites please?

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/26/06 03:46 PM

OMG you are sooo into civil war reminds me of an old friend!! lol

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 04/29/06 10:57 AM

Has anybody got any places to tell me about that sticks in there memory? Post your posts!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/01/06 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO'S SISTER:
Has anybody got any places to tell me about that sticks in there memory? Post your posts!
Well I've visited the NRA Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico. And it's set against the backdrop of mountains, man that was one hell of a view. I'll never forget it.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/01/06 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
[quote]Originally posted by DE NIRO'S SISTER:
[b] Has anybody got any places to tell me about that sticks in there memory? Post your posts!
Well I've visited the NRA Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico. And it's set against the backdrop of mountains, man that was one hell of a view. I'll never forget it. [/b][/quote]Wow Australia was great too! You been there?
Posted By: gangstas moll

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/01/06 11:07 AM

ive been to portugal and france, absolutely loved portugal and i am returning this year,then next year im going to italy then the year after to brasil and then after that U.S.A.

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/01/06 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gangstas moll:
ive been to portugal and france, absolutely loved portugal and i am returning this year,then next year im going to italy then the year after to brasil and then after that U.S.A.
I went to Portugal last year but in October so it wasnt as hot as normal!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/05/06 03:51 PM

I havnt posted on this thread since 01-05-2006 so i thougt id give it a visit.
Its been ever so hot in England these past few days so my cat has been laying about all hot and bothered i look at her and think imagine having to wear a coat forever even when it is as hot as the sun! The fur can be useful for cold weather but not in this sort of weather!! Poor cats and dogs and every animal that has fur!!!
When i go on holiday to greece portugal ect. I see these cats and look at them and thik the same thing! (travelling did kinda fit in!)

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/19/06 04:14 PM

Id love to go here it is breathtaking!

Re: Traveling were wed love to go and have been (talk about your stories and wishes here) - 05/21/06 10:34 AM

Has any body been to the greek island im going to the furthest greek island soon i cant think what it is called lol!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET