Home

THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL

Posted By: don papa

THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 12:57 AM

i don't know if this is an old flavor, but i just got a kick out of seeing "The Gobfather" flavor ice cream from Ben & Jerry! it read that it's a flavor you can't refuse. how cute is that???!

i bought a pint!

any more "Godfather-influenced" stuff out there that you know of?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 01:02 AM

Wait....how the hell could a ice cream be GODFATHER flavored?

What would it include? Pasta? Chocolate? Horse blood? :p
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
What would it include? Pasta? Chocolate? Horse blood? :p
They actually secreted available bodily fluids from Brando's body, post-death, as well as samples of hair, skin, liver, and toenail clippings.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
They actually secreted available bodily fluids from Brando's body, post-death, as well as samples of hair, skin, liver, and toenail clippings.
Best athlete's foot I've ever tasted!
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 01:58 AM

It's good. Nougat, Chocolate, etc.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 02:13 AM

Cool!

When I enter my zip code, the Store Locator tells me "This product does not appear to be in stock in any major grocery stores within a 20 mile radius of zip code 08755. It's possible it is available at smaller stores such as convenience stores or at a local scoop shop."

But when I enter my city/state, it shows 2 local stores. I'll have to try'm out!
Posted By: La Cosa Nostra

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 02:18 AM

Lol, my town's chock full of stores that carry the flavor. Looks like I'm going shopping :-P. We need some ice cream in the house anyways.
Posted By: bogey

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 03:40 AM

I just e-mailed my mom to tell her to pick me up a pint for when I go home this weekend
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 05:25 AM

Meh, it lost me at the almonds. But I can always take them out, the rest of it sounds good. That store locator is pretty cool... and every store near me appears to have it. Score! JG, I'll mail you some if you want.
Posted By: La Cosa Nostra

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/10/06 01:18 PM

I didn't notice the almonds. Meh, they're chocolate covered, I guess I could live with that.
Posted By: Tutti Frutti

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/14/06 03:32 PM

Truly, it is the "flavor you can't refuse".

Thank you Don Papa. I can kiss you for this.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/14/06 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
...But when I enter my city/state, it shows 2 local stores. I'll have to try'm out!
Then...you'll have to bring a case or two to Philly in August.

(In a cooler full of dry ice, of course...in case anybody's worried about it melting)

Apple
Posted By: Mignon

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/14/06 05:44 PM

I'll bring the straws. :p
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/14/06 07:58 PM

Don Papa,

It's a delicious Ice Cream. Really something how they were able to make a play on words both naming and promoting this flavor. I love it. A flavor that every Godfather Aficianado should at least try.

This place was also talked about a few years back here on these boards ( look closely at the picture hanging on the far back wall) :

http://godfatherrestaurant.com/

Maybe we should have our next GangsterBB dinner at this restaurant in San Diego !

And speaking about using Mob Movie titles, there is a restaurant franchise that started out here on Staten Island called :

http://www.goodfellas.com/index_alt.html

Good stuff too!

Don Cardi

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 08:37 AM

There was a different "Goodfellas" here -- and they had my favorite seafood/pasta dish -- but alas, they closed shop and it became something else. Ironically, it was a block away from "Corleone's Pizza"

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 08:54 AM

I took this pic in downtown L.A., although I'm sure there are a million Corleone Pizzas all over the country. I thought "hey!" when I saw it though.

It\'s big, so I\'ll just link it.

That Godfather place in San Diego looks cool though, next time I'm down there I'll check it out. If it's good, I'll let you guys know; maybe we'll get you out to the West Coast for a sit-down after all!!

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 09:00 AM

Sorry, but... "LA" and "pizza" don't seem to sound right together...... kinda like "bagels" and "Tokyo" perhaps.... :p

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 09:31 AM

Hey hey, we've got some pretty good pizza out here. True, maybe we put weird stuff on it sometimes, but that's our little trademark. I don't know if that Corleone's place is any good though.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
I took this pic in downtown L.A., although I'm sure there are a million Corleone Pizzas all over the country. I thought "hey!" when I saw it though.

It\'s big, so I\'ll just link it.

That's funny because about a year or so ago, I posted about a Corleone's Pizza that was going to open near my house. They Originally planned to name their dishes after various GF characters. But according to someone that I spoke with there, they were informed that they would be unable to use the actual GF character names for legal purposes. And now it's just a Corleone Pizza/restaurant. I wonder if they are part of a chain/franchise of the Corleone's from the pic you posted and the one that Geoff has near his house also?

Don Cardi

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/15/06 11:13 PM

Maybe... If they're a chain, the sign will look the same everywhere, right? Maybe not necessarily. I wonder if there's a difference (for legal purposes) between putting the apostrophe-S or not, like if they're different businesses. We should find out if it's the same or not.

I'll have to try the pizza at this place soon though, I forgot it existed until the other Corleone's was mentioned.
Posted By: Antoni Canoli

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/16/06 12:43 AM

Finally found The Gobfather ice cream today... picked a pint up... very good... I have finally found a replacement for Chocolate Chip Cookie dough (which used to be my favorite flavor)
Posted By: Mignon

Re: THE GODFATHER IN RETAIL - 04/16/06 02:11 AM

I found a store here that has it. I'll be sure to pick it up.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET