Home

"Kid 17"

Posted By: Don Vercetti

"Kid 17" - 02/03/06 11:31 PM

I just tried this with "Everything in it's Right Place."

Open two media players will all the Kid A songs in order, play one media player and as soon as it reaches 17 seconds, play the other and a new mix will be there. It sounds very nice.

I don't consider this the best album ever like some reviews did, but this is an excellent album, and listening to this mix, I feel even more enthusiastic about it. I'm currently listening to it with other tracks. I prefer the normal "How to Disappear Completely" but I love it when the the opening comes in while "The National Anthem" is ending, just beautiful. Tonight I'm gonna give this album two listenings, one as Kid A and one as Kid 17.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: "Kid 17" - 02/04/06 12:06 AM

Doesn't Ideoteque just take complete control of your body? I don't understand how anyone can listen to that song and not do something that even resembles a dance.

When Radiohead did it on TRL a few years back, Thom Yorke was so overwhelmed by the beat, he started doing some real crazy shit with his hands. I'll send a video of it if anyone wants to see it.
Posted By: Mr. Baggins

Re: "Kid 17" - 02/04/06 02:39 AM

I agree DVC, Idioteque is a great song. The whole album is excellent, although I think OK Computer is even better.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: "Kid 17" - 02/04/06 04:47 AM

I've actually got Kid 17 saved in mp3 format to my hard-drive. I felt there were some songs it worked great on, others, not so much. "Morning Bell" is a total mess in this format. Other songs just take hold. I liked the way "The National Anthem" came out on Kid 17... It's just so crazy and hectic, especially when the two seperate tracks overlap during the horn solo... And I believe the songs intention was to originally sound very hectic. The best description I've heard so far is, "Like walking past the high school band room of a musically-confused group."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET