Home

Wilson Pickett has died

Posted By: Don Andrew

Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 02:08 AM

I am awfully, awfully sad to report the death of soul legend Wilson Pickett, of a heart attack at 64.

Wilson Pickett 1941-2006

All the old voices are leaving us, pretty soon there won't be shit to replace them.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 10:40 AM

Posted By: SC

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 11:14 AM

He died way too soon. Very sad.

He had a unique style (complete with yells) combined with a very nice voice that made him a pleasure to listen to. Although he hadn't come out with anything new in a long time his classics will live forever.

R.I.P. Wilson
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 12:53 PM

Farewell to an amazing talent. RIP
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 02:36 PM

He was lone of the greats. Midnight Hour and Mustang Sally are all time classics.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 02:57 PM

Ah yes, "Wicked" Wilson Pickett. I am really only familiar with the two songs mentioned, and think I have "Mustang Sally" 45 somewhere. Loved that song.

Boy, you know you're getting old when all these singers you grew up with and sang along with start passing away. Too bad. RIP

TIS
Posted By: goombah

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/20/06 03:33 PM

I didn't realize he was that young. I thought he was near 80 for some reason. I loved "In the Midnight Hour." Great voice - R.I.P.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/21/06 10:57 AM

Another legend dies whos ganna be next
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/21/06 01:49 PM

One of the great soul voices of the late 60's. He was also famous for "Land of 1,000 Dances" originally recorded by Cannibal and the Headhunters, but Wilson's version was waaaay better.

In the mid and late 60's every garage band, high school dance band, club band was doing "Midnight Hour". Thanks for the memories Wilson - that wicked, wicked - Pickett.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/22/06 06:15 AM

RIP.

I suppose I was never really familiar with him as an individual artist, but I've heard "Mustang Sally" and "In the Midnight Hour" many times on an oldies radio station that I've listened to for years. Actually, my family used to have an old mustang, so we would always sing Mustang Sally because of that.

I also realized (or remembered...) that he was in Blues Brothers 2000. Not the best movie, as many BB fans know, but some of the people in it, such as Wilson Pickett, made up for it. He sang the song, "634-5789" with Eddie Floyd, and I just took a look back at that scene to see him in it - I'll always think about that, now.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Wilson Pickett has died - 01/23/06 06:25 AM

Can't forget the original Blues Brothers performing "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love." Wilson Pickett took an R&B classic from the Rev. Solomon Burke and punched it up another notch.

Gone too soon, but such a legacy!

tony b.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET