Home

Brainteaser!

Posted By: henry

Brainteaser! - 12/23/05 03:46 PM

In which film is Matt Helm coaxed out of retirement? Hint the film co-starred Stella Stevens and Daliah lavi.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/23/05 04:28 PM

I really have no idea, but I'll guess the only Matt Helm film that come to mind at the moment, "Murderer's Row?"

TIS
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/23/05 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by henry:
In which film is Matt Helm coaxed out of retirement? Hint the film co-starred Stella Stevens and Daliah lavi.
"The Silencers"

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/23/05 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by henry:
[b] In which film is Matt Helm coaxed out of retirement? Hint the film co-starred Stella Stevens and Daliah lavi.
"The Silencers"

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Oh yea smarty pants!!! What year was the first Matt Helm film released?? (I have know idea, but would only guess. Just want to see if you know :p )

TIS

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/23/05 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Oh yea smarty pants!!! What year was the first Matt Helm film released??

Don Cardi

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/24/05 01:31 AM

Henry,

Why don't you post another question for us?

Don Cardi
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/24/05 10:40 AM

A real brainteaser

I was doing my math homework last night with Benji's radio blaring (as usual) in the background. “Hey, Mike, did you hear that commercial?” Benji called from the next room.

“No. What's it for?”

“Remember that stereo you heard about at Sweeters? Then, when you got to the store, they'd raised the price by 25%. Now, they say they've lowered the prices on their stereos by 25%. So the one you wanted has to be the same price as it was at first.”

“Sounds good,” I said. “But if the price is down 25%, I think it's gotta cost even less than it cost at first.”

“No way. Up 25%, then down 25%, means you're back where you started from,” Benji tried to assure me.

Who's right about the price, Mike or Benji? Is the price of the stereo the same as it was when Mike first heard about it, or is the price even less than it was at first?
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/24/05 10:57 AM

Up 25%, then down 25% leaves you lower than you were to start with.

Start with 80

Add 25% (+20)

Total: 100

Subtract 25% (25)

Total: 75

I you lower it first and then raise it by the same percentage, then the reverse is true.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Brainteaser! - 12/24/05 12:04 PM

Leave the numbers, Plaw. Get back to your words.

These writers, wanting a piece of every pie...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET