Home

This is so sad

Posted By: Don Cardi

This is so sad - 12/22/05 02:36 PM

I was watching the news this morning when a report came on about a Penguin who was missing from a UK zoo. At first I thought it a hoax or something. But then they showed live footage of the Mother and Father Penguins who were going crazy waddling back and forth looking for thier baby. The zoo keeper attempted to feed them and they just refused to eat, frantically looking around for the baby. It was really so sad to watch.

Here's the story:

Fears Grow For Missing Baby Penguin

The owner of a zoo from which a baby penguin called Toga has been missing for several days believes it has died.Derek Curtis was speaking after a man called GMTV to say he had stolen it and dumped it in a plastic bag at Portsmouth Dockyard.The three-month-old, 1ft-high penguin is believed to have been stolen from Amazon World, Sandown, Isle of Wight, sometime during Saturday night.

Staff have warned that without the care of its parents the rare bird would die.

Mr Curtis said: "I am very pessimistic, I think we have lost it, it has been too long.

"I think that the person who phoned GMTV was genuine because we got his phone number and I spoke to him.

"He said he worked at the docks and dumped it on the side of the dock.

"The phone has now gone dead and he's not answering it."

A Hampshire police spokeswoman said the report of Toga being left at Portsmouth dockyard was just one of a number of leads.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 02:54 PM

Oh I know....its so sad!!!!

Theres a pic of the poor little thing here

They seem to think that whoever nicked it had seen the film 'March of the Penguins' (which has just been released here) and wanted to steal a penguin as a pet or as a Christmas present for someone. The rotten b*stard.

The pic of the parents wandering around lifelessly was just heartbreaking.

I just hope they find the little fella still alive, but i'm starting to lose hope now
Posted By: plawrence

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 03:10 PM

Thank heavens....A penguin story.

I saw the title of the thread and figured "Uh-oh.....here comes yet another story about some poor soldier in Iraq who can't get home in time to see his dying mother for one last time before Christmas."

Just kidding. :p

This is rather sad. Even I'm touched. I have to see that movie. Penguins are so much like people.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 06:05 PM

Awww... I'm not really an animal lover, but I'm touched too. Penguins are adorable, but how dumb for someone to steal one! He's one foot tall, how cute is that? Poor baby, I bet he was so scared.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 09:28 PM

Sick bastards. Why would someone want to steal a penguin?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 09:31 PM

I love penguins. When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be a penguin.

Damn this man for crushing my dreams. May he burn in the fires of Hades.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 09:34 PM

That poor little jackass.

(Sorry, I just had to... )
Posted By: svsg

Re: This is so sad - 12/22/05 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Sick bastards. Why would someone want to steal a penguin?
It might have some value in an underground market. Routinely tigers are poached in Asia, because some idiots think that having a bowl of tiger penis soup will increase their potence. So are other animals like crocodiles and snakes. You will not believe the prices of the exotic animals.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET