Home

Dreams

Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Dreams - 12/19/05 08:57 PM

I had the inspiration to create a "Dream Thread." (I hope this hasn't been done before?)

I find dreams so interesting - dreams that I have, dreams that others have, recurring dreams, dreams that symbolize something, and so on. It's so odd how various people and things show up in dreams that you would never expect, and I'm just amazed with the subject.

I thought it'd be fun to use this thread to share dreams that we've had (recent or in the past), perhaps try to find a meaning for our own and/or others', and just talk about them.

I'm not sure how well this will go, but we'll give it a whirl. I feel like I've been having a lot of dreams lately, but I'm not sure how much we'll have to talk about. Just please feel free to share any of yours whenever, to keep this thing going!

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:05 PM

A recurring dream that I have is that it's either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (or very close), and I haven't bought [i]any presents for my family. In "real" life, I always either buy presents, bake sweets, or make crafts for my family, so this "nightmare" scares me everytime I have it! It's not so much not having anything to give, just that I didn't realize I didn't have anything to give. [/i]

-------------

Don Andrew, you should appreciate this.
A while back, I had a Blues Brothers-themed dream. I (really) was in a Jazz Band in 8th grade. When I moved on to high school, most of the kids I knew in 8th went to another school than I did. Anyway, in my dream, I was sitting in an audience watching these kids perform. The stage curtains opened, and they were all dressed in white suits just like Cab Calloway and the band members were in, in the Blues Brothers, and they were playing this jazzy-type song reminiscent of Minnie the Moocher.

(More to come... )
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:09 PM

There was such thread before, and I wrote there about all my recurring dreams. And I'm going to have some right now, so I'm terribly lazy to repeat myself, and so sorry for that...

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:12 PM

So there was one before?

So sorry to make a repeat!

I ran a search, but I didn't find anything...
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:13 PM

Great topic. Without having read into them or anything, dreams, and their connection to memory and the unconscious, fascinate me also.

I never have, nor have had, recurring dreams. Perhaps the same dream more than once in one night, but never over different nights. Apart from a couple of common ones, which I think everybody has: that you're in the swimming baths, and, under the water, realise you have no clothes on, at all. The same applies for school assemblies.

Does anybody believe that dreams can predict the future? I don't. I think they're connected to the future insofar that we attach importance to an upcoming event. For instance, you may dream of an exam the night before you actually take one. But primarily, dreams, for me at least, hold a great, significant attachment to the present and recent past.

Mick
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
Don Andrew, you should appreciate this.
A while back, I had a Blues Brothers-themed dream. I (really) was in a Jazz Band in 8th grade. When I moved on to high school, most of the kids I knew in 8th went to another school than I did. Anyway, in my dream, I was sitting in an audience watching these kids perform. The stage curtains opened, and they were all dressed in white suits just like Cab Calloway and the band members were in, in the Blues Brothers, and they were playing this jazzy-type song reminiscent of Minnie the Moocher.
"Do you guys know 'Minnie the Moocher'?

"I know a hooker named Minnie Mazzolla..." :p

Dreams. What a wide ranging topic. As for my dreams, I don't really have any recurring dreams. I actually haven't really had a dream in a while, either that or I don't remember them.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:24 PM

The really bad dreams I have involve losing one of my kids or my husband. Then I wake up in a horrible sweat and can't go back to sleep until I check that everyone's ok and asleep in their beds. This type of dream mostly involves my older daughter, who had several surgeries when she was little. I guess that fear is always lurking in my subconscious.

I do dream about my Dad, and I'm surprised how vividly I can see him in my dreams. In the past, if I ever dreamed about someone who was dead, I wasn't able to see them, like they were in another room, and I knew they were there, but I never actually saw them in my dream. When I dream about my dad, he is THERE. Those dreams are nice.

I know that dreams are supposed to be an expression of your subconscious, but I don't know how many I have that I can't remember. Or did you ever remember a dream because of something that happens the next day?? That's REALLY strange.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I think they're connected to the future insofar that we attach importance to an upcoming event. For instance, you may dream of an exam the night before you actually take one. But primarily, dreams, for me at least, hold a great, significant attachment to the present and recent past.
I agree. I guess it's possible they're connected to the future, but I don't really think so. I really think you've got it, Mick, when you say it's the past and present. I have dreams concerning people that I think about a lot, things that I worry about (or that I enjoy), and, as was the case in my Jazz Band dream, people or things I remember from my past.

DA: You know, you mention you haven't had many lately. I just recently have had a lot, this past weekend, and it was my first weekend off from school. I'm starting to think that I dream more when I have time to dream. You know, when I get more sleep, and I'm more relaxed.

SB, I think I forget many of my dreams, too. Something I've always noticed is that I dream in "scenes," I guess. Nothing really goes together - it's all just a scramble of random stuff, and the longer I sleep, the more I dream about.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:29 PM

Yeah, usually in (my) dreams you know the people in them, but never physically identify them.

Also, you only remember dreams if you wake up in the middle of them. We dream everynight, but only remember a few. That's why nightmares are usually easier to remember, because they always make us wake up.

I hate it when you're having a great dream and then you wake up, and then you try and go back to sleep so it can continue its next chapter.

Mick
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:30 PM

A great topic indeed.

I have had several recurring dreams. Mainly the recurring ones are of me drowning, usually being pulled under the water by an invisible source, or a couple of times by a shark and even one time by sand (doesn't make any sense, I know).
I've also had several dreams or nightmares rather involving spiders, which I have a slight phobia of.

It has been awhile since I've had a distinct and vivid dream. Usually I'll be doing something during the day and suddenly remember I had a dream about something similar the night before.
The strangest and most linear dream I've ever had happened a few years back. I was driving a truck down a dirt road in the middle of the night. Another truck came up behind me and kept honking it's horn and flashing it's lights. It soon passed me and crashed through a fence up the road. I got out and opened the door of the other truck, and the driver fell out, only he was headless.

As far as dreams predicting the future, I've had one or two of those. I don't believe I am psychic, and I'm not sure I believe in any of that, but I had a dream once that my friend and I were on a boat and my father came out of nowhere telling us it was going to sink.
Then a few months later, that same friend came with my father and I to New York City for my birthday, and we took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. My friend and I were at the bottom of the boat when my father came down through the crowd telling us to come up with him because we were about to dock.

Maybe not identical, but the way it played out was exactly the way I dreamed it. I was speechless for a few minutes.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:34 PM

Quote:
I hate it when you're having a great dream and then you wake up, and then you try and go back to sleep so it can continue its next chapter.
"Chapter" is a great way of wording it!

What I really hate, is when I dream something good (perhaps I got a good grade in school, or I got to see/talk to that special guy...), then I wake up and realize it didn't happen.

Omar...wow! Maybe the future dreams are possible, and I just haven't come upon one for myself?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:38 PM

Sleep is a big thing with me. I often have a recurring dream that I'm falling in tan-ish clouds endlessly, which leads me to a question: Does anyone FEEL things during sleep? When I fall during sleep, I feel the wind blowing.

Another thing I often get are dreams that cause huge mood swings or sudden infatuations, especially with girls. If I dream about someone, I get a strong, temporary attraction to them.

Finally, I VERY often get Sleep Paralysis. Half awake/half asleep. Sometimes I can see my room in the dark, but can't move at all (which is why it's called that). I also have some mild hallucinations like shadows moving through the walls, or sometimes it becomes more of a dream and I can move in super slow motion. I usually feel uncomfortable during this and I try to force my eyes open, which causes me to blink very fast, flashing in and out of sleep.

Once, I watched half a segment of Unsolved Mysteries during Sleep Paralysis, and woke up and finished the end of the segment.

Yeah, I'm a freak. :p

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:41 PM

Two very interesting dreams, Omar; the first one in particular would make for a good scene in a film; the second could be, in some strange way, an extreme case of deja vu, which is itself I think linked to dream, memory, and the unconscious, and just as fascinating.

The last horrible dream that I remember having was a while ago, I don't know exactly. In it, I was in a door-less room, just a box. And, somehow, it was slowly being filled up with water. I woke up with inches to spare.

I've woke up crying before after having nightmares, but the next day I only remember the dream, and not the waking up crying (the cause of much embarrassment when my mother asks me why I was crying, haha!). One of those was when I was barely a teenager, where this woman invaded our home and killed my mother. The only way I can describe this woman is she looked like Luna Vachon. The second of those dreams involved me watching a wrestling match, and Doink the Clown killed Bret Hart.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:45 PM

DV, you freak! :p

I might have a dream about the guy I'm already attracted to, but it ends up "getting to me," (like where I said that whatever happened turns out to be just a dream...that bothers me), so it ends up being an awkward situation when I see that person in "real life."

And your question about feeling things in dreams is going to drive me insane. I honestly don't know if I do...and how am I supposed to remember to find out?

--------

I guess I've been lucky, because I very rarely have nightmares. I can't recall any dreams where I've almost died, or a family member/friend did. I think I used to have bad dreams about spiders when I was little, but that's about it.

----------

Does anyone hold a grudge against someone for what they did in your dream? I have. Not seriously, but just teasing. In a recent dream, my friend stole all of the french fries from the lunch I was eating, so I teased her the next day by yelling at her about it.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:47 PM

Omar, dreams of spiders? You should listen to The Cure's "Lullaby."

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:52 PM

I hate the insect dreams!! They're awful. Just this weekend, I pulled out a container of grits which had been sitting in the cabinet for months. Well, without going into detail, I had to have my husband throw it out, because otherwise I was going to have a bug dream when I went to sleep last night! YUK.

My husband has that sleep/dream thing going. He will often get his hands tangled in the covers and then he will dream that someone is trying to hold him down. In real life, he will struggle to get free, and will usually end up hitting me with his flailing arms.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:52 PM

I've remembered another one, and this is possibly a recurring one. Recurring in the sense that when I last had the dream, during it I was thinking I've had this dream before. But whether I had or not is another matter. Anyway, it's a simple scene, wherein I can fly by running a few steps, jumping into the air, and doing breast stroke, as if the air was water.

The only other time where I've told myself I've had the dream before was a one involving an animal on some train tracks by my school. The animal was either an elephant or a rhino, but definitely larger than it should have been.

It's funny how you remember dreams, how the memory holds onto them, but, if there was a way we could actually revisit them and physically re-enact them, we'd probably find that the memory was only vaguely accurate, and the actual visuals themselves were very different.

My memories of dreams, for instance, are just like dreams themselves: an intangible presence.

Vercetti, I too have had dreams about somebody I wasn't all that attracted to, and couldn't wait to see them again, having this unsatisfied and immediate urge to be with them.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:57 PM

It's more of a longing too. They love you in a dream and all of a sudden you desire their attention for a short while.

Sometimes I know I'm dreaming, and take advantage of it, although I can't control what happens in my dreams by thinking of it like many claim to. As for nightmares, usually I get stalking ones. I remember a dream where I was stalked by Nosferatu, although it was YEARS ago as a kid, and it was because of his appearance in "Are You Afraid of the Dark," not the film.

Then sometimes you get the random dreams that have ridiculous "plots" if you will. In fact, I think if we remember dreams we have for the next few nights, we should post them here. I remember many dreams about my school, only my school was like a huge mall.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:58 PM

Oh, Gina, yes! Once I had a dream that my husband left me for some girl he worked with. I was so angry at him the next day!! And he didn't know why! When I finally told him, I realized how insane it truly sounded! But it didn't matter - I was still p.o.'d!!

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
In fact, I think if we remember dreams we have for the next few nights, we should post them here.
Good idea.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:01 PM

By the way, if I'm dreaming that I am having sex with a beautiful woman, 95% of the time I wake up right after it begins. :p

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:01 PM

It's still his fault, right, SB?

That's what I was thinking...that we could use this as sort of a "dream journal" anytime we remember our dreams.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:08 PM

Quote:
By the way, if I'm dreaming that I am having sex with a beautiful woman, 95% of the time I wake up right after it begins. :p
Mine are even better. Whenever I have one they're usually as pleasurable as anything anyone can ever encounter, and go all the way to the end. When I wake up I find that I was dreaming about someone I'd rather not...

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:25 PM

Another thing I recall is the blur of dreams. I mean how vivid are our dreams? I always feel like much of the outer peripheral vision is blurred.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:36 PM

Quote:
Me too.

I once had a dream where Jennifer Lopez called me and invited me to her house for sex. I entered her room where she was taking her clothes off. But right before anything happened, I woke up.

Terrible. I tried so hard to fall back asleep but couldn't.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:36 PM

Quote:
Two very interesting dreams, Omar; the first one in particular would make for a good scene in a film; the second could be, in some strange way, an extreme case of deja vu, which is itself I think linked to dream, memory, and the unconscious, and just as fascinating.

Deja Vu is a better term for it. I've had several experiences that evoke the feeling of deja vu from dreams, but none were as strong as that one on the boat.

Vercetti, I'll check out that song.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:39 PM

The song is based on a dream Smith would have as a child where he was eaten by a spider. The music video is very odd, featuring him in bed while figures similar to him stare from outside his window. The guitar is great in it too, very dreamy-like.

Be still, be calm, be quiet now my precious little boy. Don't struggle like that or I'll only love you more. But it's much too late to get away or turn on the light.

Quote:
Terrible. I tried so hard to fall back asleep but couldn't.
Which leads me to yet ANOTHER question.

Has anyone fallen back asleep and RESUMED their dream from wherever you left off? I have, but unfortunately it's usually when I have nightmares.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:50 PM

The last nightmare I had was one where my 9 year old sister died. I remember it vividly. I was in the waiting room at the hospital when the doctor came out and told my family the bad news. But as I was hearing him say it, my vision sort of went into split-screen mode, where one side I saw the doctor babbling on, and the other side I saw my sister in a bed crying. It was by far the worst feeling I have ever had. I woke up in a suddent jolt at about 4 AM, and for a few minutes, I didn't know if my sister was dead or alive. I thought the dream was real. I was crying hysterically, and couldn't stop. I walked over to my sister's room to see if she was okay, and I remember being so relieved that she was. I gave her a kiss and went right back to sleep.

From then on, I've never looked at my sister the same way again. I've treated her like a Queen ever since.

Here's a dream I had last May during an afternoon nap, right after I had listened to "When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin:

I was sitting in a classroom full of kids around my age, and they were all talking about what they were going to do "when the levee breaks." One girl said, "Last night my dad took me to the levee, and we sat there all night and moaned." Then some guy said, "Dude, my dad says the levee isn't even gonna break. It's all bullshit." Then this one hot blonde girl goes, "Well, if the levee DOES break, my family is headed to CHICAGO." Then she turned to ME and was like, "So what would YOU do if the levee broke?" And I said, "I'm going to California." Then a split second after I said it, I woke up with a sudden jolt.

Why did I post this? Because about 4 months later, Hurricane Katrina hit.

Weird.

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 10:58 PM

Has anybody ever had a dream where they actually feel pain? I've always had a recurring dream where I go down in my basement, and a mean ass bulldog comes out of nowhere and bites my balls. When I have this dream, I can actually feel somebody squeezing the life out of my testicles. I wake up and everything is back to normal.

So strange.

I also have a recurring dream where it's the first day of school, and everything is unorganized. Kids are just running around doing whatever they want, it's just one big party. Always have that dream.

Also, when my little brother was 3 years old, I saw him fall down my basement stairs and hurt himself pretty badly. Ever since then, I've been having dreams of him falling down those same stairs, the same way he did when he was 3. It's like somebody taped it and stored it in my mind.

Usually I remember dreams more vividly than other people. My family thinks I'm crazy because of how many dreams I have, but they don't realize that they have the same amount of dreams, but just don't remember them. When I'm dreaming, I often realize it during the dream, and start to control it. It's fun that way, because I can make whatever I want to happen, happen. It makes me happy.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Dreams - 12/19/05 11:07 PM

Dreams. There are many theories about them. One theory that I believe is that we attempt to solve or finish something that happens to us during the day. Or we try to find the answer for something that has been bothering us.

Having witnessed the collapse of WTC 2 and spent the day escaping from NYC, I never dreamed about it. It was too vivid, too complete.

Also, anxiety dreams, or fears (the spiders!) Mine is a recurring golf dream. I can't get off the first tee and the first hole takes forever to complete. Trees are in the way; uneven ground; wrong club; you name it.

Sex dreams. Too many, too varied, too weird to go into....and at my age!

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:35 AM

I also find that when I'm telling someone a dream that I had, I don't remember as much as I thought I did. I think Mick touched on this - it's like I have a "feeling" of something happening or an emotion that I'm experiencing, but I have trouble actually explaining it.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:40 AM

I rarely remember my dreams, but every few months I have one that I remember vividly. Some people keep a pad by their bed and write them down. I know a girl who has a book about dreams and what they mean, and it is interesting. I'm not sure if there is any scientific basis for the interpretations so I can't comment on that.

One of the most vivid that I ever had was that people were chasing me through a neighborhood and there were houses by a bayou and I escaped the pursuers by going behind a fence by the bayou behind the houses. They left and when I went to my car to escape it had been stripped. I actually woke up and went outside to see if my car was ok, and of course it was.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 04:29 AM

SB, how funny... I had a dream once that my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I saw him in real life the next day and wouldn't talk to him. I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't get over it. He kept asking me if I was okay, and I think I probably rolled my eyes and said "whatever" or something... and then he tried ignoring my mood, etc. Finally he blew up, and was like "WHAT DID I DO????"

The only recurring dream I have is that I'm falling, and I wake up when I hit the ground, and I even feel myself hitting the ground, but I wake up in bed, it's not like I fall out. Weird.

When I was little, I used to have a recurring dream where I was running on the beach towards the water, and once I reached the water I'd start swimming, and I'd end up on some other shore... like a deserted island, or Japan or something. Those were always fun.

By the way, the weirdness of dreams is best described by Mitch Hedberg... "I'm lying in my bed, all comfortable, and the next thing you know, I have to build a go-cart with my ex-landlord."

The weirdest dream I had was in high school... there was this guy that (I thought) I had never noticed, he never talked to me before, I don't think he was in any of my classes, I'm not sure... but I guess he was in my subconscious somehow. So I had a dream where I was driving, and I hit him and severely injured him while he was crossing the street. But even in my dream, I remembered thinking to myself, "this guy looks kinda familiar... does he go to my school?" That's the extent of how vague he was. However, the next day at school, he asked me out!! I couldn't believe it, I just stood there and stared at him for what felt like 20 minutes. And then I said no, which must have been SO confusing for him, after the weird look on my face and the long pause.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 05:13 AM

Has anyone had any dreams about anybody on the BB? I've had 2 and I don't really remember what they were about.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Has anyone had any dreams about anybody on the BB?
I had one about Zia!

Seriously, I just remembered it when I read this.

Zia, it was a while back, but I had a dream that I finally got to meet you. It was like one of the BB get-togethers, but I think that I was in LA, and we decided to meet up. I just remember that we greeted each other and were chatting constantly, and then you showed me this room which was, I guess, in your house. I looked through the doorway, and I swear, it was Minute Maid Park - the Astros' stadium. I seem to recall actually going in the "stadium," but that might've been in another "scene" of my dreams. I think it had the baseball theme because of our BBC and Ladies' Thread discussions. Anyway, I guess we've met each other, then, huh?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
SB, how funny... I had a dream once that my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I saw him in real life the next day and wouldn't talk to him. I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't get over it.
Hey, this has happened to me too!! I never talked to a girl that we fought in my dream again.

But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is and I'm happy at the beginning, but by the end of dream I'm so depressed... It cheers me up when I find out it was all a dream in the morning. Phew!

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 07:10 AM

Well Gigi, I do have a baseball stadium in my house, so you're not completely weird.

I do feel special about being in your dream, though. :p And next time you're in L.A., we definitely should meet up. I may not have Minute Maid Park in my house, but we can go to a Dodger game or something. Maybe we can even take Minute Maid o.j. with us and drink it there. That's the closest I can give you. I bet we would be chatting constantly if we met though, like you said. And laughing at dumb stuff. It sounds like fun, dude... when are you coming?

I seem to recall a dream about you too, around the time when I saw those H.E.G. (or whatever it's called) commercials with Andy and "Rog" in them. I don't remember many details, but there was something about a brown bracelet, and a baseball that hit someone in the face or head.

As far as I can remember though, that's the only BB-related dream I've had. Although up until just now, I didn't remember it, so maybe there've been others, too.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 08:43 AM

Quote:
Apart from a couple of common ones, [b]which I think everybody has: that you're in the swimming baths, and, under the water, realise you have no clothes on, at all. The same applies for school assemblies.[/b]
I never had such dreams.....
BTW, my only recurring dream was related to my schooltime, when I was afraid of Maths -- I think I told this before.

Quote:
Does anybody believe that dreams can predict
I'd like it. Especially before a lottery!

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I do dream about my Dad, and I'm surprised how vividly I can see him in my dreams. In the past, if I ever dreamed about someone who was dead, I wasn't able to see them, like they were in another room, and I knew they were there, but I never actually saw them in my dream. When I dream about my dad, he is THERE. Those dreams are nice.
Oh yes, SB! And the "another room" thing is so true!! When the man I loved died three years ago, I hoped so much to be able to dream him, to actually see him again at least in my dreams. But I never happened to dream him nor could I recall his face without looking at his pics. I was devastated by this frustrating impossibility to remember his beloved face, his wonderful green eyes, his tender smile. I mean, I could recall each of these but somehow I was not able to put them together. I hope it makes any sense? Anyway, this went on for a while. Until one night I finally saw him in a dream. He was sort of looking out of a window, tenderly smiling to me. He looked happy, more than I can say. I saw his face, his eyes, his teeth. And I felt sort of wrapped by the warmest embrace I ever had. A brief, perfect feeling of absolute, pure happiness. I think paradise must be something like that. A warm, happy, endless embrace
Posted By: svsg

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 09:17 AM

Lavinia, your post makes me sad, sorry

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svsg:
Lavinia, your post makes me sad, sorry
Oh, I'm sorry it made you sad, svsg. But you shouldn't! I mean, I got this absolute certainty that he is with me nonethess. I can feel it. I happen to speak with him and I don't think I'm crazy for that. I do believe he's waiting for me somewhere and that we'll be together again in a purer and more perfect way. Meanwhile, even if I miss him terribly, whenever I feel sad, depressed or exhausted, I feel he gives me the strength to go on and smile. Because he had this wonderful sense of humor and his last words for me were "behave yourself, I can see you". I know he really can and I'm doing my best not to disappoint him!

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is
Does Al know it?????

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:20 AM

What the hell?

OK, within the depths of my house's basement and other underground areas, lives Madonna. She killed someone and cheated on her lover, and she does not want company. Very Phantom of the Opera-ish. Anyway, yadda yadda yadda.

The dream ended with me driving to the rental place and renting a movie.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:32 AM

Quote:
The dream ended with me driving to the rental place and renting a movie.
That is very likely to happen in your real life too, I presume....
Posted By: SC

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:38 AM

Lavinia's post reminded me of two dreams that I've had that still "haunt" me to some extent. Forgive the length of this post.

I had this first dream two days after my wife died (1993). It was in the morning and I was dreaming about being at the airport (probably JFK because the Port Authority police seemed prominent in the dream). I was apparently just walking through the terminals when all of a sudden there was a tremendous ruckus and as I looked down to see it I noticed two planes were afire, split open, with passengers trapped inside screaming for their lives. I hopped down of those old-fashioned stairs things that they wheel up to planes in small airports. I wanted desperately to help those trapped inside but the flames kept beating me back. I became REALLY frustrated that I couldn't help anyone and I started crying, yelling out "someone call 9-1-1", "9-1-1". It was at that moment that my phone rang waking me up from the nightmare. I was sweating, trembling and crying. The clock read 9:11. (It was my sister calling me to tell me she was coming over).

At the time of the dream I thought I was crying (out of frustration) because I couldn't save those people, and my conscious thoughts of those days were of frustration out of not being able to save my wife. I didn't make any connection to the Twin Towers until many years later. (9/11, two planes, the Port Authority, many people dying, etc).

About a year later (1994) I had a somewhat "comforting" dream about my mother talking to me. She was saying that she was happy that I had a good friend in whom I could confide, especially during the troubling year I had just passed. She didn't know it but I had befriended a gal from work whom had become VERY close to me and she was extremely important to my well-being. A year after that dream my family had a big get-together and it was important for me to show my family I was OK. I invited this gal as my date and about halfway through the party she came out of the ladies room with my mother. Her face was ashen white because my mother told her verbatim what I had dreamt a year before.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I didn't make any connection to the Twin Towers until many years later. (9/11, two planes, the Port Authority, many people dying, etc).
I got chills down my spine, SC.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[b] But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is
Does Al know it????? [/b][/quote]It seems like a little problem when I couldn't remember having sex in the first place. I hate this reoccurring dream. It makes me never want to get pregnant.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 12:24 PM

Okay, fully aware of this topic I was reading before going to bed last night, as if to treat me, my mind conjured at least three dreams last night, and I only remember two of them.

The first I remember waking up from and wanting to write it down as an idea for a film, on themes of love and existentialism, and how we're all pieces of dust who place ourselves much larger than what we are. Anyway, the house at the back of mine was going to get burgled by two people, and I had a big horse, and was about to leap over my back wall and catch them in the act. But I mistimed my jump, and I scared them off before they even did it, which may be a good thing in real life, but not in the dream, as the burglar was a good looking girl with a friend. The only way I can explain the rest is using Vercetti's "blurred" vision; my memory thereafter is very vague indeed, but I remember waking up with the themes of me and the girl falling in love, but both employed on opposite sides of the curtain by different, hidden, larger forces - she was supposed to be the wrongdoer, me the right.

I woke up after this with another dream, but have since forgotten it.

Then, just this morning, I was on my school playing field, with a football (soccer) match going on. I was by far the best player, and there were even cheer-leaders there, with one of whom I fell in love. End of dream.
---
It's funny how in dreams, or our memory of them, things are much larger than in real life--like my school playing field, for one.

Another thing: it's also interesting how dreams can form a whole fictional history for themselves in our mind, so while we're having them we treat them as real life, taking their events for granted. But this quick formation of some kind of history can also trick us into thinking we've had that dream before, and of course we haven't. At least I don't think we have. I'm just wondering if some of you guys who claim to be having recurring dreams have had that actual dream since claiming to have had it on a recurring basis?

Thanks,
Mick

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 12:53 PM

Quote:
I'm just wondering if some of you guys who claim to be having recurring dreams have had that actual dream since claiming to have had it on a recurring basis?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
I'm not sure what you mean.
He's talking about autosuggestion, I presume.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:25 PM

Reading my post, I can see why you're confused. Sorry.

What I mean is this: are recurring dreams actual recurring dreams, or do we just think that they are, because we've had one dream and in it our mind tricked us into thinking we've had it before?

I mean, I have listed possibel recurring dreams that I've had in the past, but I can't remember ever having them after realising they were recurring.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:27 PM

I had the most "real" seeming dream of my life the other night. There was this multi terraced grass hill and me and some other soldiers were on top guarding it with machine gun bunkers. For hours the enemy soldiers just kept charging up the hill and we just kept holding them back. I woke up the next morning feeling really excited for some reason

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:33 PM

I thought it would be appropriate to quote these splendid verses here:

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great glove itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep"
--Shakespeare's The Tempest Act 4, Scene 1, 148-158

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 03:59 PM

I actually do remember having a vivid dream about two weeks ago, and it was very odd and surreal, I as watching Chris Farley die in front of me, he was screaming "HELP ME!" this hysterical type of voice, and I just stood there watching him die.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 04:18 PM

I dream all the time and always about stuff I shouldn't. They piss me off. If they're good dreams I'm gutted that they're not real and if they're bad dreams I can sometimes get haunted by them. I've even had dreams that have made me question my sexuality. I've had dreams where I've killed myself slitting my wrists and shooting myself (don't believe the myth that if you die in your dream you die in life too).

Sometimes I wish I didn't dream at all but I think I'd miss them. Even though they piss me off.

Generally this is what dreams are like:
http://www.fat-pie.com/sock.htm

DV, your sleep paralysis thing is interesting. I think it's happened to me twice in my whole life.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 05:32 PM

The worst dream I ever had was probably the wierdest and most random. My dad had some mysterious disease and the only way he could cure himself is if he ate my dog. I dont quite remember whether he ate my dog or not. I just remember being really sad and angry.

Wierd

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I woke up the next morning feeling really excited for some reason
That reminds me:

Has anyone ever woken up scared or depressed, and never known why? This has happened to me a lot, and I can only assume it's because of some unpleasant dream that I can't remember.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 06:45 PM

That Fat-pie video was excellent, Turi, and reminded me of something I forgot to bring up, but had, at one point, meant to. The fact that in many dreams I can be trying to run, but it's like I'm walking through water. Or I'm in a fight and can only punch in slow-motion.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 07:39 PM

OK, I did the search.
My dreams are HERE.

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 08:28 PM

Does anyone have those rare moments of Deja Vu where you think you have had a dream before, but throughout the day you realize you didn't?
Posted By: Blake

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 09:17 PM

It wouldn't be appropriate to post about my dream last night. :p

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 09:47 PM

Quote:
Reading my post, I can see why you're confused. Sorry.

What I mean is this: are recurring dreams actual recurring dreams, or do we just think that they are, because we've had one dream and in it our mind tricked us into thinking we've had it before?
It is all right. As for me, trust me, you would exactly know how many times you were pregnant if you could; even in a dream. There has been four times this past year. I've only given birth once, can you imagine the terror?

I'm going to hit the bed now! Jeez!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 10:56 PM

Quote:
That Fat-pie video was excellent, Turi, and reminded me of something I forgot to bring up, but had, at one point, meant to. The fact that in many dreams I can be trying to run, but it's like I'm walking through water. Or I'm in a fight and can only punch in slow-motion.
I know JUST what you mean. There's times where I'm dreaming that I'm running from someone(thing), or having to fight, and I'm either running in extreme slow motion, or I'm dizzy and uncoordinated. Those dreams are among the worst!

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 11:12 PM

I usually sleep very sound and don't dream often. But the few times that I did dream are really bad. In one of my dreams, my father dies and in another, I killed my mother. OMG, the second one was really traumatic. I wept when I woke up. Then in a couple of dreams, I was with a girl that I really liked in real life and having great time(only in the dream ) , I was really happy about that. But I woke up to find it was a dream. Those are the ones I really hate. I once had a double dream. I woke up from a nightmare (don't remember the details), not into reality, but into another dream. It was a great relief when I woke up from that dream. In short I hate these dreams, they make me sad no matter what. Either by giving false hopes or by being plain disturbing.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 11:27 PM

When I first moved into the house I'm in now, I'd always have this dream where I'm waking up and I leave my room and I'd go in the dining room. The dining room is where my dad's desk/our computer is. I'd always see a guy sitting here smoking a cigar. He looked like he was an army general or something. Definetly freaked me out.

I also used to have nightmares about falling into the bay down at my uncle's trailer park in Delaware. You'd have to like, jump from the dock on to the boat and I'd always have dreams where I missed the boat.

And I some times have these dreams where I'm in my own house getting like chased after by this guy. And like, I can see my mom or dad and when I scream for help, I have no voice. WTF.

Now, on to the good dreams... Nocturnal emissions, anyone?

Re: Dreams - 12/20/05 11:55 PM

Quote:
Well Gigi, I do have a baseball stadium in my house, so you're not completely weird.
You do?! Can I come?

Yeah, I thought it was cool that I had a BB dream - Internet friends really are real friends.

I'm not sure I'll be getting out to LA anytime soon, unfortunately, but maybe you can mosey on down to Texas. But if we did go to a Dodger game there, not only would we drink o.j., we'd also throw oranges at the players...'cause my guys play with oranges, remember?! :p

Okay, your possible dream involving me sounds hilarious! The baseball hitting someone is so crazy that it makes sense, but what's this about a brown bracelet?
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 12:02 AM

Keep having a dream where all my teeth fall out

Anyone else?

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Now, on to the good dreams... Nocturnal emissions, anyone?
You should consider drinking Turkish tea, it has some wonderful side effects. Ask Capo if you don't believe me

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
But if we did go to a Dodger game there, not only would we drink o.j., we'd also throw oranges at the players...'cause my guys play with oranges, remember?! :p
Oh yeah, I forgot that they play with oranges! Let's take old squishy ones with us and throw them at the other team. Splat! Sounds like fun, right? Jeez, I feel like I'm 9 again. :p

I don't know what the brown bracelet was all about either. Maybe you'd mentioned a wristband of some sort, and so I made some weird connection, subconsciously? Who knows? Dreams are weird. But you're right, I do feel like we really are friends. Sounds kinda mushy, but it's true.

Have any of you ever woken up with a really random song stuck in your mind? Sometimes that happens to me, like I'll be humming a song while I'm brushing my teeth, that I know I haven't heard in a really long time... and I figure it was probably in my dream.

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 02:18 AM

I can't believe that you and Gina went to a ballgame and didn't invite me! You both suck. :p

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 02:24 AM

Quote:

Have any of you ever woken up with a really random song stuck in your mind? Sometimes that happens to me, like I'll be humming a song while I'm brushing my teeth, that I know I haven't heard in a really long time... and I figure it was probably in my dream.
I can do ya one better. Have you ever been dreaming, and during your dream, a song comes on. You start singing along with the song in your dream, and then you wake up, only to have that same song playing on your radio, in the same spot your dream ended?

Its amazing how a song can come on the radio, and your mind can somehow implement it in your dream.

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 02:49 AM

Quote:
Let's take old squishy ones with us and throw them at the other team. Splat! Sounds like fun, right? Jeez, I feel like I'm 9 again. :p
Nothing wrong with acting like a kid, right?

Now that I think about it, I might've mentioned my Astros rubber bracelet (like Livestrong) to you before. It's red, not brown, but maybe that's where the idea came from.

Aw, you're my friend, too, Zia. HUGS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I can't believe that you and Gina went to a ballgame and didn't invite me! You both suck. :p
How could we forget SB?! You're invited to my next dream. (Like I ever have a choice on what crazy things happen in my dreams! )

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Its amazing how a song can come on the radio, and your mind can somehow implement it in your dream.
I'm not sure I've ever done this with a song, but I think I might've had something my mom's said to me in real life fit into my dream before.

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Have you ever been dreaming, and during your dream, a song comes on. You start singing along with the song in your dream, and then you wake up, only to have that same song playing on your radio, in the same spot your dream ended?

That happens to me when I'm asleep and people are talking around me. For some reason, I see them abstractly in a dream saying what they're currently speaking. Same thing happens when I leave the t.v. on at night.

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 03:15 AM

As I said before, I watched half a segment of Unsolved Mysteries during Sleep Paralysis, and woke up to finish it. I could hear the sound and all.

Does anyone have this too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 04:03 AM

SB, you must have been at the Yankee stadium that I have in the next room. But yeah, you're invited to my next one too!

XDC, that totally happens to me. Even when my alarm goes off, it goes into my dream first, before I realize that it's my alarm. Like in my dream I'll be thinking, "What IS that noise? Why doesn't someone do something about it?" Or it'll be like a police siren or something in my dream.

Now I use my cell phone's alarm clock for the mornings, and I have ringtones and stuff on it. For a while, it was Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" and I would have all these crazy dreams about smoky beatnik-esque clubs and stuff, where that music was playing. Weird.

Here's another funny story... In high school, the guy sitting next to me in one of my classes would always fall asleep in class, but I'd wake him up in the last ten minutes so he wouldn't miss the important stuff like last-minute announcements and stuff. One day, I forgot to wake him up, and the bell rang at the end of the period. Without raising his head or anything, he started feeling around on the desk, trying to find his alarm clock to turn it off... I guess he dreamt that he was in his own bed, and the bell translated into his alarm clock!! I was dying laughing, he looked so stupid.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 04:36 AM

Quote:
As I said before, I watched half a segment of Unsolved Mysteries during Sleep Paralysis, and woke up to finish it. I could hear the sound and all.

Does anyone have this too?
No but my great uncle was on unsolved mysteries once. He was in an episode about a woman from Texas who thought she was the reincarnation of a woman who drowned in the Ohio River many years ago. She went to Ohio and my uncle was the editor of the paper and knew about the history of the city pretty well. They went downtown and she told him what used to be in the business buildings downtown and what they used to look like and he confirmed that she was right. They went out to Newport where the girl had drowned and she went right to the family home and the cemetery. They asked him what he thought and he said that he wasn't sold on the reincarnation thing but she had it down andit didn't make any sense to do that much research for nothing.

Another thing, my great grandmother was very sick and near death in early 1945, and she had a dream, or possibly an out of body experience, and that she had seen my uncle and that he was hurt. My uncle had been wounded in the Battle of the Bulge and they hadn't told her that he was wounded because of her condition; they were afraid it would kill her.

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 01:15 PM

Yeah, I've had many cases of deliriousness, where a film or music is registering in my half-sleeping mind, then I become fully conscious and it's actually happening.

A dream last night:
Me and a few others are descending this lamost vertical cliff-face, I don't know how, through bushes and leaves and whatnot. We reach the bottom, and there's this vast beach, dark, cold, grey. The tide is out. There I meet an old friend from school, who's a bit of an arsehole and was always a bit of a bully. Anyway, we get along great, run out to sea and start swimming. Then I was talking to these random guys. I was complimenting them on their brilliant English (they were somehow Danish), as they spoke with exactly the same accent as me. The old friend I speak of didn't really recognise me in the dream; just a few weeks ago I was out clubbing, saw him after many years of not seeing him, and acknowledged him, but he seemed too drunk to even recognise me. Was this a dream longing for some recognition...?

Has anyone ever dreamt that they are walking up a bank, and it gets steeper and steeper, to the point where you only feel comfortable on all fours, and soon enough, the bank is almost vertical, and can't be climbed at all?

And another thing, which probably stems from your body's horizontal position when sleeping: you're carrying a tray through a canteen and repeatedly keep dropping it, as if the tray belongs to somebody on a horizontal axis, different to the one you are on in your dream...

Re: Dreams - 12/21/05 02:20 PM

No dreams for the past week, amazing.

Re: Dreams - 12/22/05 06:52 AM

I meant to post that I had another BB dream this past night - this time, Geoff, you were the lucky one involved!

Hmm, I know this was probably only a part of all the dreams I had, but I remember only this, because it was right before I woke up. I was in my Spanish classroom at school, and I can't recall what was going on originally, but I ended up talking to Geoff about these Christmas ornaments - I think that's what they were - that we were looking at. He was telling me all about how they were his mom's. Either she had made them, or they were passed down through his family...there was some story behind these ornaments that he was describing to me. Later, Geoff was elsewhere, and I was left with the ornaments. There were a lot of tiny pieces of paper with typed information on them that he had, basically saying what he'd been telling me. I'd been reading through them, and I was trying to get them back in order. This, I now realize, is when my alarm clock went off this morning. I guess that as I heard it, I let it become a part of my dream where I was overwhelmed with a sense of urgency and the feeling that I needed to get Geoff's papers organized before it was "too late." I finally woke up and became aware of "reality," and I don't think I ever got the papers completely together in my dream. Sorry about that, Geoff.

Re: Dreams - 12/22/05 07:05 AM

I've had times where I've been half asleep, tossing and turning, and it feels like hours have gone by when in reality only a few minutes have passed. It's one of the worst feelings ever. When it happens, I honestly have no idea what's going on. I'm half dreaming, half awake, but when I'm awake, the dreams are still going on in my head. When I try getting up and walking around, I become painfully exhausted and try to go right back to sleep, but I can't sleep because of all the weird things going on in my brain.

It literally feels like Speedy Gonzalez is running around in my head.

Weird.

Re: Dreams - 12/22/05 07:32 AM

I had a really wierd dream last night that I was "whackin" each one of my roommates from college. I cant explain it, and I'll admit that it freaked me out a little.

Re: Dreams - 12/22/05 09:04 AM

Obviously with the Female Hottie thread on my mind, I had a dream last night in which Ayesha Takia was fighting with my Californian friend over me. If only...

In it, my house was sparse indeed, like Neil's in Heat.

Re: Dreams - 12/28/05 07:51 PM

Wow, it's 2:23 PM over here, and I just woke up. I had a ton of dreams.

The first dream I had was, I was living on the Golden Gate Bridge with Courtney Love. She fucking drove me nuts, and I was looking for some way to escape but I couldn't. The worst part was, there was no food or water. When I asked Courtney if I could leave to find something to eat, she said, "No!! You're going to stay here and DIE with me!"

A few minutes later though, Kurt Cobain arrived with a picnic basket full of good food, a picnic blanket, and a cooler full of beer. I went up to him, hugged and kissed him, and said, "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MARRY THIS CRAZY BITCH!?"

He didn't say a word, he just pulled out his gun and shot Courtney in the face. Me and Kurt ate some food, talked about the past, and just chilled there on the Golden Gate bridge. It was fantastic.

Next dream I had was, I was the vocalist for a rock band, and me and my band were searching for gigs. We finally got one at a teenage party. So we're up on stage, and we remember, we didn't rehearse or anything. So I'm talking with my lead guitarist about which song we should do, and he kept telling me to start off with this song that he wrote called, "Showing the Show" or something like that. I fucking screamed my head off at him and said, "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW THE LYRICS TO THAT SONG JIM!! WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?!"

Then he was like, "Well, we could just cover a Radiohead song, but I don't know how to play any except Nice Dream."

So I got really excited, turned to my drummer and saiD, "Do yu know how to play nice dream?" He said yes. I turned to my bass guitarist who was a really hot blonde girl and said, "Do you know how to play Nice Dream?" She also said yes.

So I said, "OKAY GUY WE'RE DOING NICE DREAM BY RADIOHEAD. GET READY."

I approach the microphone, and I see like 874678562798654 people in the crowd. But for some reason I don't get nervous. The band starts playing, and I start doing my best Thom Yorke impression. And my voice came out exactly like his. We fucking killed it. It was the greatest feeling ever. After the song finished the crowd was going crazy and I just looked at my band and said, "Wow, you guys are fucking awesome."

Third dream: I enter a cave somewhere in Afghanistan to see a 16 year old Kurt Cobain hiding out there. A UPS guy come to the cave and says to Kurt, "Well Don, here's your Vercetti."

Kurt says, "Uhhhh...my name is kurt, and don't you mean my machete??"

"Yeah, whatever kid, and uh...here's your pistol."

All of a sudden it turns into a Mastercard commercial.

"Knife - $18.99
Gun - $100.00"

Then the delivery guy says, "Hey wait a second, you're just a kid. You don't need this shit." Then he leaves.

The mastercard commercial continues and goes:

"Preventing a rock and roll legend from killing himself - Priceless."

Then I woke up.

Re: Dreams - 12/28/05 08:12 PM

I did have a dream a couple of days ago in which a friend of mine started strumming some stuff on his guitar and then busted out in "King Bee." I then found my self singing with him with a Bee outfit on.

Re: Dreams - 12/28/05 09:08 PM

Thanks for reviving the thread, DVC, as I was just considering doing so, myself. I, like you, had a ton of dreams last night, but they were all very unsettling. I'd been very behind on sleep, so I ended up going to bed at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday, sleeping until 11:00, going back to bed at midnight, sleeping until 2:00, going back to bed at 5:00, and sleeping until 11:30.

I had a lot more dreams than I can post here, partly because I can't remember everything, and partly because I wouldn't be able to explain them very well.

First off, I had a bad dream - nightmare, bad - for the first time in a long while. It was terrible. There were these "bad guys" after my family, and basically, the entire dream was about them trying to hurt us. They had plenty of chances to go ahead and catch us and kill us, but they didn't - I think that was what was so scary, was that they were torturing us with fear instead of actually doing anything. My parents hardly showed any emotion, and I couldn't figure out if they knew and were trying to trick the "bad guys" or if they really weren't aware of the danger. One part that I distinctly remember is where my mom and I were in a building in our (?) backyard, and one of the guys shot at us. This is where it got stupid...the bullet came at us in slow motion. I remember thinking, in the dream, that it was stupid and just like a movie (The Matrix, I guess), but I still believed it was real. The bullet slowed down right by my mom, so I yelled at her to get out of the way, then it turned toward me, and I slapped at it with my hand to make it drop, which I guess it did. :rolleyes: The dream continued on with me going about in constant fear and seeing them every so often outside the house or somewhere, stalking us. Anyway, I woke up after that dream, and I was so scared. I remember thinking, "It was just a dream" and wondering why I couldn't recover from it, but I started thinking about this thread and how we discussed how some dreams might be premonitions of something - normally, I wouldn't worry about that, but I wasn't thinking straight, so that got me even more upset. I didn't want to go back to sleep because I worried the same dream would continue, so I just watched TV for a couple of hours. Ugh.

As I mentioned, most all of my other dreams were "unsettling," as well. Nothing was really bad like the nightmare was, but none of them left me feeling very good. One was where my cat, that was put to sleep a while back, returned. I think I've had a dream like this before, about him or perhaps one of my other past cats, but this one was just sad. He seemed very sick, and my mom wasn't happy to have him back - she even made some comment about how he wouldn't last much longer.

I also had a dream about going back to school - I go back on the 3rd, and I've been thinking/worrying about it. I'm moving up to the higher Band, so I'm a little nervous about that, and the dream involved a certain guy at school...things were different between us, and that left me feeling, just "unsettled," again.

I was happy to get the extra amount of sleep, but considering what came with it, it wasn't very fun.

Re: Dreams - 12/28/05 09:28 PM

I think the worst dream that I ever had was one in which my daughter had died and I had one last chance to call her in heaven and say good-bye over the phone. As long as I didn't hang up, I would be connected to her, but as soon as I did, that was it, I couldn't ever speak to her again. I just remember her little voice on the phone saying "Bye-bye, Mommy," and me sobbing and begging her not to hang up. I woke up crying, and almost cry even THINKING about that one!!

Re: Dreams - 12/28/05 11:16 PM

I had a very unnerving dream the other night. I was using a public urinal and a male my age stood next to me and watched.
I've never had a dream like this before, and waking up from it leaves you with a weird feeling of being violated, and embarrassed.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Dreams - 12/29/05 07:14 AM

Most of the dreams I've had I've understood(especially the ones that aren't suitable for printing )

But one dream that I've had more than once is.

I've dreamed that one of my cousins is driving an 18 wheeler and she's doing everything possible to try and run me over I mean she's hitting cars, going through houses. Destroying everything in her path just to kill me.

But what confuses me is her & I have always been close, she's my fave cousin. She can't even drive a stick shift, much less an 18 wheeler. But yet she was doing damn fine in my dream.

Granted she & I have had discussions involving politics(she's a left wing liberal so she would fit right in with some folks on this board) but that's not enough to kill me is it.

Re: Dreams - 02/18/07 10:08 AM

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but...

1) I'd love to hear more dreams if anyone's willing to share - it's a topic that never grows old for me.

2) I had a dream last night that was much more interesting than usual.

3) The topic is on my mind because I should be asleep and dreaming right now.

I watched The Departed last night with my family. Amazing movie, which apparently makes for amazing dreams. I think I'm just too sensitive to violence, actually. Anyway, it involved several family members and friends in this Lord of the Flies style of game, and as far as I could tell, we were all against each other and prepared to kill to get what we wanted. Toward the end, it seems I'd developed a "nothing to live for" attitude that I now connect to the movie - I walked by a dark room of my house, sensing a dangerous presence and knowing it would mean my demise, yet I yelled into the darkness, challenging the unknown to come get me. My brain skipped scenes after that, I think. Nothing exciting ever actually happens. haha The last thing I remember before waking up, however, was standing with a friend in a confrontation with a girl who used to go to our school, anticipating someone being hurt or killed.

What I was most intrigued by was another part of the dream, in which I observed some kind of predator seeking its prey. I think it was just a frog, and I have no idea what it was going to attack, but I ended up doing something to stop it. After waking up and thinking back to it, I felt it had some kind of more significant nature theme to it than what it appeared. But hey, what's the difference if I can't figure out what it is?

Well...yeah. That probably makes even less sense to others than it does to myself, but I just wanted to revive the thread and vent about an odd dream.

Anyone have any to share?

Re: Dreams - 02/18/07 02:32 PM

I had an awful dream last night; I say awful, but on the one hand it was vastly exciting, and on the other it spelled doom for my family.

Has anybody ever seen eXistenZ? It was a bit like that, and it was due to me being addicted to playing my mates on Pro Evo for the PS2. Anyway, in the dream, me, my sister and my mother are all in a forest. Then I shout "fairy" to a little fly on a pond, and it turns into a fairy, a bit like Navi in Zelda. Then we're attacked by masked warriors, who throw spears into me (which don't hurt) and then capture us.

It's funny because I kept saying to my family (I don't know where my dad was in the dream) that everything was okay, that I'd read the game manual, the cheat-book, and knew exactly what to do. So we're in this big building, being led off somewhere with a lot of other captives. And then I whisper to my sister to hide behind this big curtain while I got us all free. But as soon as I started beating guards up, and got myself free, I realised I had done it too early in the level.

The dream then took a self-reflexive slant; it acknowledged that it was part of a videogame, and, when I realised that I was trapped in this dream, I went looking for the PS2 controller so that I could press START and look at the manual to figure out how to get out of this mess. But then somebody told me that my PS2 controller had been burned by my captors, and I remember thinking, "Okay, I seriously need to fucking wake up now."

Good job I did, because for a second I thought I'd blown it.

Re: Dreams - 02/18/07 02:35 PM

This is from February 4th:

Last night I had the most peculiar dream. Its peculiarity came from the fact that I was not in it, and it had very, very little to do with my life, it didn't really connect to events at all. It was wonderful, and because I wasn't in it, at least not as myself, and nobody else who I knew was in it, it felt completely real; there was no "in-dream consciousness" at all.

The only connection perhaps was that it started in a second-hand bookshop; I bought this novel which was published by Oxford Classics (I knew because it had the same crimson and cream spine). When I left the shop the cover was badly folded over, so I took it back and went to exchange it, but on the shelf where the replacement should have been I found another novel, one which intrigued me more, and it came free with the film adaptation.

I say "came free", but I really don't know that; I'm filling in blanks, because soon after I was inside that novel, not as a person who people acknowledged, but as an invisible onlooker. It was a period piece, full of melodrama, and I was watching on not as a film, but as if on a film set. Then I decided that I didn't want to spoil the book, so I stopped.

Really, the only thing that bore any resemblance to my "real" life was that, when I found this second book, I chose to buy it over one called Damnation; I remember thinking in the dream, "This must be the World Cinema original novels" section. The original title of Damnation read; "Karo ha zat".

It was like Tony Soprano's Kevin Finnerty dreams in season six, but here my dream character wasn't me, there was no identity crisis at all.

It's times like this when I wish I was seeing a shrink.

Re: Dreams - 02/18/07 11:06 PM

Capo, I take it you keep a dream journal? Or you have a really good memory.

I've always wanted to try that, but it never seems to work out. The few times I remember enough of what I dream to record, I forget to do so.

I found it interesting that you had spears thrown into you yet felt no sense of pain. I was apparently shot in the head in mine at one point, but felt no pain - it actually had no effect on me at all. The feeling I got was that I was just being shown what being shot would seem like, but I wasn't actually shot, even in the dream. I don't think I've ever felt pain in a dream. How does that even happen? Hmm.
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: Dreams - 02/18/07 11:09 PM

ive been shot..stabbed bashed etc..and never felt any pain..but once i dreamed i was having a heart attack and it felt sooo real..i woke up clutching my chest and breathing heavily..it was pretty weird

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 01:03 AM

Apparently if you die in your dream you can die in real life, too. It's why you always wake up when you fall from a building or something, because if you hit the bottom you're heart would react to the "real" impact.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Apparently if you die in your dream you can die in real life, too. It's why you always wake up when you fall from a building or something, because if you hit the bottom you're heart would react to the "real" impact.

is that shit true..or just an old wives tale?..ive got friends who reckon they.ve died in there dreams and everything just fades to black and they wake up

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 01:20 AM

I've heard that.
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 02:21 AM

In my dreams I'm a hot dog. Seroisly.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 02:22 AM

my friend thought he was a hot dog when he had a bad acid trip
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: manicmontana

I keep having really bizarre dreams where I go to places that I've never been to, never heard of, have never even thought of, but I am fairly confident that if I were to go to these places (they're all just around town) that they actually exist. It's really strange. The places aren't even the focus of the dreams, they're just the setting, but I'm certain they exist. Other times, the dreams will take place in places that served as the setting to dreams I had as a young, young child (ages 6-8, roughly, which is around the period when I had stopped remembering my dreams, until this past month or two) that I had long forgotten. Other times, I'll go to actual places I had gone to in my infancy, but I'm not so sure that they exist at all, if that makes sense at all. It's hard to explain. Bottomline is, these dreams are really bizarre and happen to be the first dreams I've had/can remember when I wake up in almost a decade.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 02:36 AM

because i take Zoloft medication...i get nonstop viloent dreams..where ive killed someone and im stressing out trying to find a place to bury them...or i have dreams that im in a war running around with an ak 47 and my girlfriend has been shot...its pretty full on at times...screws with my head
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:25 AM

Wow Manic, that must be awful having violent dreams all the time. One every now and then, but on a regular basis??

I haven't had many dreams lately, but I think we've all had the falling dream. I have yet to actually hit the ground in my dream. I always wake up before, thankfully.

A number of years ago I had a recurring dream (the only recurring dream I've ever had). I was driving my car and simply could not keep my eyes open. Not only that, I couldn't keep my foot from pressing down on the gas pedal and would be speeding and weaving through traffic, all the while desperately trying to stay awake. It was as though I was half asleep and half awake. In the dream I always woke up before I crashed. I always wondered how to interpret it. It was during a difficult time in my life, so many it had something to do with how I was handling my life's directions or something. Heck, I don't know, but it sure was scary.

TIS

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:34 AM

I used to have horrible dreams about my children, about harm coming to them. Those are the kind that you DON'T fall back to sleep afterwards.

The weirdest one I ever had was when I dreamed that the house was on fire and I was choking on the smoke and trying to get out of the house. When I woke up, I was terrified, thinking that the house was really on fire and that I had incorporated the smell of smoke into my dream from real life.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:41 AM

I suffer occasional bouts of sleep paralysis, which is being completely aware that I'm asleep, yet I can't wake myself up or move my limbs until it passes.

When I was a kid it used to terrify me, for fear that I'd never wake up. It happens to me very rarely now, but when it does I just wait it out. It's still scary though.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:44 AM

Is his name "Frank"??

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

Is his name "Frank"??

Francis Footer

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Is his name "Frank"??

Francis Footer

Ha ha ha!! So he dreamed he was a foot long hot dog then hu? Ok, not as witty as SC, but best I could come up with.

TIS

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:53 AM

Is his name "Frank"??

Francis Footer

Francis Footer Coppola??? I think I heard of that guy... he makes gangster movies, right?

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:54 AM

Yeah, that's him, Frank Footer.

He's a kraut

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:58 AM

Yeah, that's him, Frank Footer.

He's a kraut

His grandfather fought in World War I. He was killed my MUSTARD gas.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I used to have horrible dreams about my children, about harm coming to them. Those are the kind that you DON'T fall back to sleep afterwards.

The weirdest one I ever had was when I dreamed that the house was on fire and I was choking on the smoke and trying to get out of the house. When I woke up, I was terrified, thinking that the house was really on fire and that I had incorporated the smell of smoke into my dream from real life.

yo pizza boy i get that shit aswell...scares the crap outta me...i start trying to wake my girlfriend up and instead of talking i make little whimpering sounds...really weird sometimes it takes ages to be able to move again

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:11 AM

yo pizza boy i get that shit aswell...scares the crap outta me...i start trying to wake my girlfriend up and instead of talking i make little whimpering sounds...really weird sometimes it takes ages to be able to move again

You try to fight to wake up right ?

Then when you do, you gotta get up and go for a walk, because if you go straight back to sleep, it starts all over again.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:14 AM

Then when you do, you gotta get up and go for a walk, because if you go straight back to sleep, it starts all over again.

yeah its straight fu$%ed up...i hate it...i went through a stage of getting it once or twice a week...your completely paralysed but you can soughta look around moving just your eyeballs sometimes...its like your minds awake but your body is asleep and dosent respond to your thoughts

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:15 AM

IThe weirdest one I ever had was when I dreamed that the house was on fire and I was choking on the smoke and trying to get out of the house. When I woke up, I was terrified, thinking that the house was really on fire and that I had incorporated the smell of smoke into my dream from real life.

I had written about this once before - my "weirdest" dream came about a few days after my wife died. She died August 1, 1993 (8/1). Two days later I had an EXTREMELY vivid dream... I was dreaming that I was at JFK Airport, walking through one of the terminals when a few planes EXPLODED into flames. There was damage and carnage all over the place and I was trying desperately to save some lives... the flames kept beating me back and I was unable to save anyone (I later thought it was an unconscious reference to being unable to save my wife's life). I started crying (in the dream) for someone to call 9-1-1 and as I was watching these people die in the flames the Port Authority Police (the Port Authority runs JFK Airport) started to arrive as I kept repeating "Call 9-1-1".

The telephone woke me up at that very point (my heart was racing and I was crying). I looked at the clock; it was 9:11 (my sister was calling to discuss plans for the wake), and I guess thats why I remember the dream so vividly.

It wasn't for years later that I made another "connection" to that dream. Some eight years and one month later (8/1) the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center took place (9/11). The operators of the World Trade Center were none other than the Port Authority. Jet planes with lots of people dying and the terrible feeling of just watching and being unable to do nothing to save those people completed the revisit to that dream.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:19 AM

IThe weirdest one I ever had was when I dreamed that the house was on fire and I was choking on the smoke and trying to get out of the house. When I woke up, I was terrified, thinking that the house was really on fire and that I had incorporated the smell of smoke into my dream from real life.

I had written about this once before - my "weirdest" dream came about a few days after my wife died. She died August 1, 1993 (8/1). Two days later I had an EXTREMELY vivid dream... I was dreaming that I was at JFK Airport, walking through one of the terminals when a few planes EXPLODED into flames. There was damage and carnage all over the place and I was trying desperately to save some lives... the flames kept beating me back and I was unable to save anyone (I later thought it was an unconscious reference to being unable to save my wife's life). I started crying (in the dream) for someone to call 9-1-1 and as I was watching these people die in the flames the Port Authority Police (the Port Authority runs JFK Airport) started to arrive as I kept repeating "Call 9-1-1".

The telephone woke me up at that very point (my heart was racing and I was crying). I looked at the clock; it was 9:11 (my sister was calling to discuss plans for the wake), and I guess thats why I remember the dream so vividly.

It wasn't for years later that I made another "connection" to that dream. Some eight years and one month later (8/1) the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center took place (9/11). The operators of the World Trade Center were none other than the Port Authority. Jet planes with lots of people dying and the terrible feeling of just watching and being unable to do nothing to save those people completed the revisit to that dream.

That's really intense SC. Do you think of it as an eery coincidence or do you think of it as a premonition of some kind ?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

I've heard that.

Yeah, you could die if your dream death shocks your heart into stopping. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:26 AM

Do you think of it as an eery coincidence or do you think of it as a premonition of some kind ?

To this day I really don't know. I expect when one is under a great deal of stress (i.e. just losing a loved one) there MAY be some ESP moments. I also think that just about anything can be read into a dream and its later "proof" that it came true, but this particular dream (and its coincidences) still troubles me.

(It wasn't for a few years after the WTC attack that I started to make a conscious connection).

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:27 AM

yeah its straight fu$%ed up...i hate it...i went through a stage of getting it once or twice a week...your completely paralysed but you can soughta look around moving just your eyeballs sometimes...its like your minds awake but your body is asleep and dosent respond to your thoughts

I just realized that I have something in common with Manic.

YIKES !

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:30 AM

[quote=manicmontana][quote=pizzaboy][quotave something in common with Manic.

YIKES !

why??!!!is that a bad thing?

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:30 AM

My dreams are almost always fairly realistic. I never dream of talking dogs or such strange things. For sure, I do dream of strange circumstances, but my emotions in my dreams seem to mimic those in real life.

Someone mentioned about thier deceased spouse. Both my parents died a couple of years ago, but I've only dreamed of them a couple of times. My brother died 15 years ago and I've dreamed of him only once.

I have the naked dream though. But in it noone seems to notice and I am not feeling awkward about it. Hmmm.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:32 AM

Wow SC, that's something. So many dreams (at least many of mine) just don't make sense, but there are certain dreams that truly make you wonder, like yours. Just reading your post gives me the chills, and I can imagine how you feel.

TIS

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:32 AM

YIKES !

Don't you ever sleep, Manic ?

What the hell time is it in Australia ?

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:33 AM

YIKES !

what about you mate...and whys that a scary thing having something in common with me!!!

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:34 AM

YIKES !

what about you mate...and whys that a scary thing having something in common with me!!!

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:35 AM

its 3 34 pm if you must know pizzaboy i thought you were my paisano obviously not...nah just kidding lol

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:37 AM

its 3 34 pm if you must know pizzaboy i thought you were my paisano obviously not...nah just kidding lol

Nah, you're my boy, you're just a little, well, manic.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:39 AM

everyone keeps saying that..im no different to you guys...i post my opinions join in on the games...and thats it...why am i more manic than the rest...oh well time for another beer

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:40 AM

everyone keeps saying that..im no different to you guys...i post my opinions join in on the games...and thats it...why am i more manic than the rest...oh well time for another beer

Foster's ?

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:42 AM

noooo!!!everyone well most people in australia hate fosters...thats why we export it to all the other countries around the world...and most of them love it!!!! i hate the stuff...oz has the best beer in the world...if you ever come down here ill show you the real shit yum!!!

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:44 AM

I thought it was Australian for beer, mate ?

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
So many dreams (at least many of mine) just don't make sense, but there are certain dreams that truly make you wonder, like yours. Just reading your post gives me the chills, and I can imagine how you feel.

Thank God I don't have many dreams like that. Mine generally run to the more "usual" types.

I once scared myself into waking up.... I was in my old apartment, asleep, when I became "aware" that someone else was in the apartment with me. I became scared shitless and tried to play possum. The big figure was getting closer and closer to my bedroom doorway. This figure was TREMENDOUS (I pictured it as "The Undertaker" from WWF fame). I tried to lay perfectly still in the hopes that it'd go away. It didn't.... I ended up screaming and thats how I awoke... to the sound of someone screaming out loud (realizing that it was ME who was actually screaming).

My poor cat... I scared the crap out of him... he was sleeping on the foot of the bed and I guess I woke him up, too. He was standing there with his back hunched up, hair standing on its end, and was just looking at me with BIG eyes, scared senseless.

I learned a lesson that night - don't eat a pepperoni pizza and go to sleep directly afterwards.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:47 AM

hahahahaha no shit!!!! theres so many wrong pre conceptions about us...no we do not ride to school on kangaroos either

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:50 AM

It's true. All we really know about Aussie culture, we learned from Crocodile Dundee and Greg Norman.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 05:03 AM

greg norman!!!crocodile dundee!!!!!geez!!!! they're all embarassing to real aussies i tell ya...i hate it

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 05:05 AM

Aw, come on Manic, Greg Norman is one of my all-time favorite golfers.

The Shark, mate .

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 05:10 AM

Aw, come on Manic, Greg Norman is one of my all-time favorite golfers.

The Shark, mate .

the shark hasant been an aussie in 10 years...hes a yank now mate...but yeah he was a champion

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 08:46 AM

SC, Those dreams are the worst - the ones where you feel totally powerless. Trying to get help, and nobody would listen. Definitely gives me chills.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 04:47 PM

I had a weird series of dreams on 3 consecutive nights about 20 years ago. They all involved a friend of my then girlfriend (now wife). This friend was living in Jersey at the time and dating a friend of mine, who married her a few years later.

Anyway all three dreams involved her being in a car accident on a highway. In the first, I witnessed the accident from a vantage point about 100 yards from the highway. In the second dream I was driving a car that slowed on the wighway when I approached the wreckage of the car. Although I never saw the girl, I somehow knew she was in the accident.

In the third dream I was a passenger in the back seat when the crash occurred. I was there merely as an observer, like a camera, and was unaffected by the crash.

After the third night I casually mentioned it to my girlfriend on the phone (I was living in Boston then and she in Pennsylvania). I thought it was odd that the dream was repeated and that I was able to remember it vividly.

The next night my girlfriend called me to tell me that about 12 hours after we had spoken, the girl was in a highway collision and was hurt. Happily she made a very good recovery, but has lost a little range of motion in her neck. My girlfriend and others, whom she had told about the dreams before the accident, thought it was supernatural for a while, but I've always attributed it to a bizarre coincidence.

It's funny how dreams can allow thoughts and memories, buried deep within your consciousness to emerge. In one dream not long ago, I was answering a call from someone named Beth M*****. The connection was bad and I couldn't understand most of what she was saying. When I woke up, the name, Beth M*****, was only vaguely familiar to me. I asked my wife if she knew that particular name and she couldn't. Just a few weeks ago (about a month after the dream), I came upon an old 1997 certificate from the YMCA showing that my son had completed 4 weeks of swimming lessons, signed by the instructor, Beth M*****, whose name I would have never been able to remember on my own.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

It's funny how dreams can allow thoughts and memories, buried deep within your consciousness to emerge. In one dream not long ago, I was answering a call from someone named Beth M*****. The connection was bad and I couldn't understand most of what she was saying. When I woke up, the name, Beth M*****, was only vaguely familiar to me. I asked my wife if she knew that particular name and she couldn't. Just a few weeks ago (about a month after the dream), I came upon an old 1997 certificate from the YMCA showing that my son had completed 4 weeks of swimming lessons, signed by the instructor, Beth M*****, whose name I would have never been able to remember on my own.

Does anyone else hear "Twilight Zone" music??

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 06:05 PM

Although most of the time it probably is, I'm not one to totally dismiss everything as coincidence.

TIS

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 07:28 PM

Well, here's a scary one that my dad had. My mom was pregnant and he had a dream that the baby had been born and was wearing blue booties. In his dream, he was arguing with the nurses because the baby was a girl, and it shouldn't be wearing blue. When my mother really did give birth, it was to a girl, but the baby died. My father asked to see the baby, and a nun brought her out, all wrapped in a blanket. My father asked the nun to remove the blanket. The nun refused to unwrap the baby, and when my father insisted, she gently told him that the baby's feet and legs had turned blue.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 07:56 PM

Anybody ever had an incestuous dream? I have. It was incredible.

Re: Dreams - 02/19/07 08:21 PM

Anybody ever had an incestuous dream?

If you can count that dream I had where I was your sister and we had both had too many, then yes.

Re: Dreams - 02/20/07 05:07 AM

Haha.

I was actually being serious, though. It confused me for days afterward.

Re: Dreams - 02/20/07 01:03 PM

Anybody ever had an incestuous dream? I have. It was incredible.

lots of. Always about my cousin. Does that count?
Posted By: bogey

Re: Dreams - 02/20/07 03:22 PM

I vaguely remember a dream last night where I was having tea with three of the members here. I won't name them, maybe they'll get freaked out or something.. I don't know. Anyway it was random.

And this isn't really dream-related, but I think SC mentioned something about 9:11. Ever since I was 12 or 13, I've always glanced at the clock right at 9:11. (Kind of like the guy in Amityville Horror, only his time was 3 something.) Its so weird, 9:11 will ALWAYS be the time I pull my cell phone out of my pocket to check the time. The other night I was working, and their total was $9.11, and their number was 290911, and you'll never guess what time it was.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Dreams - 02/20/07 05:34 PM

Wow, I had a "dream" (I dont know what else to call it) coming out of the anesthesia yesterday about posting here. It wasnt clear what I was posting about, or what I had to say (whats new, right? haha) but I didnt want to go back to sleep because I had something important to say here haha

Re: Dreams - 02/20/07 06:57 PM

I once had a dream that I was playing in an NBA game (even though I'm not a huge fan). I played well and scored a few times, but the moment I realized that I had never played even remotely above a high school level, I was terrible, and embarrassed until I mercifully woke up.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: bogey
I vaguely remember a dream last night where I was having tea with three of the members here. I won't name them, maybe they'll get freaked out or something.. I don't know. Anyway it was random.
At the risk of freaking out you and LLC...

You two showed up in a part of my dream last night.

Every morning at school, before class starts, I sit in the hallway with my friends and just talk, study, or do homework. It's our little gathering spot. Anyway, in the dream, you two were both there, and I guess it was as though you actually went to school with me. I don't remember anything we said to each other, or if we spoke - I think you two were talking - then somebody brought me something (I think it was a small kitten), and I broke down in tears. Try to make sense of that.

Another "scene" involved me trying to rescue my cat from a giant stray dog...possibly a Rottweiler. My cat normally tries to act tough and challenge the neighborhood dogs, but this thing was about as big as "The Beast" from The Sandlot.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 11:42 AM

Well I know one of them was me.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 01:19 PM

I don't know why but lately I've been having dreams about different BB members.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Every morning at school, before class starts, I sit in the hallway with my friends and just talk, study, or do homework. It's our little gathering spot. Anyway, in the dream, you two were both there, and I guess it was as though you actually went to school with me. I don't remember anything we said to each other, or if we spoke - I think you two were talking - then somebody brought me something (I think it was a small kitten), and I broke down in tears. Try to make sense of that.

Another "scene" involved me trying to rescue my cat from a giant stray dog...possibly a Rottweiler. My cat normally tries to act tough and challenge the neighborhood dogs, but this thing was about as big as "The Beast" from The Sandlot.

IM FREAKED OUT.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 07:51 PM

Was I pantless and holding hands with a flamboyant Chimp in a cape, sunglasses, and a cardboard sign around its neck that read "Dr. Zhivago" ? I have that same exact dream every Tuesday and Thursday.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Was I pantless and holding hands with a flamboyant Chimp in a cape, sunglasses, and a cardboard sign around its neck that read "Dr. Zhivago" ? I have that same exact dream every Tuesday and Thursday.

You too?!

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 08:19 PM

All the time.

Hey, have you noticed that you registered on Hitler's birthday?

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 10:36 PM

Surprisingly, no. Bogey was, though.

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 11:49 PM

OK, Gina, that's it. First you had a dream that you and Zia went to a baseball game, and now you and Bogey and LLC were hanging out at your school together and crying over kittens. I feel like the kid who gets picked last in gym class. Come to think of it, I usually WAS that kid. Now you're going to give me nightmares about THAT!!!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Dreams - 03/15/07 11:52 PM

DREAMS? You have to sleep to have those right? Ok, I'm leaving this thread

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 12:12 AM

Don't put the guilt trip on me, SB - it's not my fault! You think I have any control over my mind? I'll try to remember to invite you to the next one.

I really have been having some strange dreams this week.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 12:25 AM

Gina,

You dream about BB members too?

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 12:45 AM

Yeah, Mig...weird, right? I've had several, actually, though some are a bit vague.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 12:49 AM

Well, OK, Gi. I'll cut you some slack, because you did make a valid point. However, if I dream about BB members (like one I had the other night about JG and DMC), unless I hear my name mentioned by you soon, you will NOT be invited.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:01 AM

I too, on occasion have had dreams that have included some of the BB members.

I've had a few that included members who's faces I've never seen before. They usually don't have faces (which seems entirely feasible in a dream state...but kind of creepy in retrospect lol)

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:04 AM

Just before I went to Somerset in 2005 to meet everyone for the first time, I had a dream about the BB members. However, because I didn't really know them, I was with JG in a room and the others were in the next room. I could hear them talking and laughing, but couldn't see them. JG was the only one I could see, and he was WALDO!!

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:11 AM

You mean...Geoff isn't Waldo?

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:13 AM

Although I have met Geoff, I admit that I've never seen Geoff and Waldo in the same place at the same time, so I guess it's possible.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:17 AM

I noticed I haven't been mentioned much, I guess thats because we are only talking dreams at NIGHT, I'm assuming DAY DREAMING would push the DMC number up MUCH higher.

And for those of you who day dream about me but haven't seen me in person, I AM that good looking....actually TWICE as good looking

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:31 AM

if I dream about BB members (like one I had the other night abbut JG and DMC)
What am I, chopped liver?? Puh-leeze.

EDIT: DMC, you should really try not to be so cocky.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:34 AM

(like one I had the other night about JG and DMC)
I see I wasn't invited to this one.

DM, why in the world would your numbers go up for daydreams? People have more control over what those are about, so I doubt you'd be involved in them.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:37 AM

I said "haven't been mentioned much", that "much" meant you Which on closer examination really is all that should matter...

"I hate that cocky side of you!" I was just being self-confident, not that anyone would back up my statements lol

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:39 AM

DM, why in the world would your numbers go up for daydreams? People have more control over what those are about, so I doubt you'd be involved in them.

That is true, I'm sure most get tired of waiting in line for the real DMC and move on to other, less attractive people to dream about.....say people like Willy?

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:43 AM

I'm so glad that the two of you are on spring break and have time to spend here. This is what I've missed.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:44 AM

Willy? No, he'd be a step up, of course.

A step down? Hmm...probably Trish.

(You're so mean. )

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:46 AM

(You're so mean. )

Oh, Gina, you are a VERY brave woman!!!

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:52 AM

I had one the other night it was a pre-party for the convention and DJ and Afs were dancing. I could only reconize a few people there but there was alot of people there I didn't know. But thr dream was vague or I don't remember it. But DMC you were one of the people I did reconize.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:54 AM

On an old HAPPY DAYS, Fonzie's getting analyzed by a psychologist and the doctor asks him what he dreams about, he replies "The Fonz doesn't dream" the doctor says "why not ?" The Fonz says "Cuz I don't have to, whoa!".

He was the coolest.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 01:55 AM

(You're so mean. )

Bad mouth Trish?

*takes his ball* I'm going home!

I could make a comment about a certain person and their no longer playing for a certain team, but I'm too good for that, so I won't

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:01 AM

It's easy to fight over the Internet, SB. So I can pretend to be tough stuff.

Until I break down in tears over what DM just "didn't" say...which, if he had said it, would've been crossing a line!!!

Pizzaboy, great Fonz reference! I miss watching that. I'd catch it on Nick at Nite all the time when I was little.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:05 AM

It's easy to fight over the Internet, SB. So I can pretend to be tough stuff.

Until I break down in tears over what DM just "didn't" say...which, if he had said it, would've been crossing a line!!!

Pizzaboy, great Fonz reference! I miss watching that. I'd catch it on Nick at Nite all the time when I was little.

Nick At Nite was on when you were "little" ?

God, you guys are making me feel old.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:06 AM

Man, I really can't believe he didn't say that!! That was really just mean.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:14 AM

Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't say anything, I just dodged a bullet...

Oh sure Gina, its because its over the internet that you can be tough stuff its not because you know ME????? What did I waste my life building this reputation for then

Someone could have made a comment about Trish getting married (thats not really a marriage, more like a place holder for me) or that she left wrestling and I can't see her anymore....someone was either being really nice or didn't know lol

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:21 AM

We were trying to keep you in the dark regarding all those stories about Trish. Because we're NOT mean, like some people who would mention some players that don't play for certain teams any longer, but we know YOU would never mention something like that, because it's MEAN!!!

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:23 AM

Okay, I watched it when I was younger. We were younger yesterday than we are today, so age shouldn't matter much for that term.

I'm with SB. Sure, Trish is an easy target, but we held back because we don't hurt people's feelings for fun like someone seems to enjoy doing.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:27 AM

Who would do such a thing like mention something like that? I know I specifically DID NOT mention that, because it would be mean.

Please accept my apologies Gina, if something I didn't say caused you any hurt. With all of this hurt thats being caused from something I didn't say I wonder if I should have just said it?

Take this as a peace offering:

ah blast, and who else do the girls like these days? Oh yeah:

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:28 AM

Okay, I watched it when I was younger. We were younger yesterday than we are today, so age shouldn't matter much for that term.

I'm with SB. Sure, Trish is an easy target, but we held back because we don't hurt people's feelings for fun like someone seems to enjoy doing.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I was so NOT trying to hurt your feelings.....I hurt one persons feelings today, so thats my quota of 1 for the day lol

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:31 AM

Well I'm hurt too DMC.

Nah, I'm just forking with you.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:33 AM

Well I'm hurt too DMC.

Nah, I'm just forking with you.

Too bad, I only apologize to women (that also has a quota of 1)

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:35 AM

PB, DMC and Gina may be young, but they have very old souls.

Thanks for the pic of Morgan, DMC. He is some kind of hot.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:36 AM

Oh, sure, DM. Offer a picture of him in his Astros uniform just to taunt me! You call that a peace offering? You might as well have put a big ol' red X on it while you were at it, since he's GONE.

If it weren't for that Morgan Freeman photo, I'd be really upset.

Actually, ever since Bruce Almighty, I think of him as God...

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:37 AM

Oh, I know that SB. I'm planning to live vicariously through DMC, kind of like a do-over.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 02:48 AM

Well, you picked a good vehicle for the do-over. He is a bit cocky, and he can be cruel, as evidenced by some posts here, but not a bad choice overall.

God?? I always think of him as "Crazy" Joe Clark!!

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 04:23 AM

Surprisingly, no. Bogey was, though.

YES! SCORE! I'm flattered. FLATTERED, I tell you.

I dream about members all the time. Last night, I believe me, LLC, and Mick were all some sort of guerilla underdogs, and we were all fighting the bad guys. I really can't remember though. I can never remember my dreams for long.

Some of the BB members I haven't seen (like SOMEONE here..) appear as I imagine they look. Which is funny sometimes.

But I have REALLY weird, trippy dreams most of the time.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 04:30 AM

I really thought that was an all-star Jersey, I thought it would be a nice "middle ground"....I guess I didn't know any better..if it weren't for my good looks I'd have nothing

Me???????? Cocky???????

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 05:41 AM

No fair, Bogey. You have all the fun. My dreams suck compared to everyone else. And when they are good, I forget them.

Sometimes I'll get a slight reminder the next day of what I dreamt about, and it's this really weird feeling as the memory comes back to me...yet I can't quite recall what happened. This drives me crazy.

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
Me???????? Cocky???????
Of course not. Just rude and heartless.

Re: Dreams - 03/16/07 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
Me???????? Cocky???????
Of course not. Just rude and heartless.

But NOT cocky right? Phew, that's a relief
Posted By: insomniac

Re: Dreams - 03/20/07 04:33 AM

I wish i could dream but i cant sleep!!! Hence the name.

Re: Dreams - 03/20/07 05:31 AM

I dream like it's going out of style. If I drift off for just a few minutes, I go right to REM and dream like crazy. It's almost a curse. trouble is I can barely remember anything about my dreams within a minute after I wake up.

Does anyone know if the quantity of dreaming is indicative of anything (please eschew the sarcasm)?
Posted By: insomniac

Re: Dreams - 03/20/07 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I dream like it's going out of style. If I drift off for just a few minutes, I go right to REM and dream like crazy. It's almost a curse. trouble is I can barely remember anything about my dreams within a minute after I wake up.

Your so lucky!!!
Posted By: Ice

Re: Dreams - 03/20/07 11:49 AM

Last night I dreamt that I was hanging out with RRA and LLC. I know RRA's real name but not LLC's. I felt kind of awkward calling him LLC the whole time.

(I'm spending waaaaay too much time on the BB.)

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 03:13 AM

According to the dream I had last night, Mignon's son happens to be Usher.

Really, Miggy? Really? \:p

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: insomniac
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Your so lucky!!!

Maybe not. About a week ago I had sort of a nightmare, only the second or third I've ever had in my life. Does anyone else dream as much as I do? I'd like to know if I have a condition.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 04:09 AM

I don't think you're alone, Olivant. I dream just about every night, yet if I don't make an effort to remember any of it (by thinking back to it and trying to recall what had happened, or perhaps by telling it to somebody), it's soon gone from my mind.

And more recently, I've had the same experience with dreaming just after quickly drifting off for a bit. I take about a ten minute nap each morning before leaving for school (instead of waking up later, which I'll admit sounds sort of silly), and I've actually had dreams during that time.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 05:10 AM

I don't think you're alone, Olivant. I dream just about every night, yet if I don't make an effort to remember any of it (by thinking back to it and trying to recall what had happened, or perhaps by telling it to somebody), it's soon gone from my mind.

And more recently, I've had the same experience with dreaming just after quickly drifting off for a bit. I take about a ten minute nap each morning before leaving for school (instead of waking up later, which I'll admit sounds sort of silly), and I've actually had dreams during that time.

It's almost a curse because I rarely can remember much about my dreams. It's frustrating. I rarely have anything like a negative dream or an outlandish dream. They almost always make sense. But, again, I wish i could remember them well into the day. Like you, I have to make an effort to remember them or write them down.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 06:02 AM

I'm not sure where I heard it, but to remember your dreams, don't move right when you wake up in the morning. And don't be woken up by an alarm clock. Just lay there, and try to remember your dreams. Without getting out of bed, think about it, and write it down.

As soon as you get up and start moving, you'll forget your dreams.

I think I'm going to start keeping a dream journal of sorts. I get some fucked up dreams, and they're usually pretty entertaining. (Guerilla warfare, serial killers, rollercoasters with mushrooms, etc.)

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 01:28 PM

In dreams, I walk with you...

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 01:33 PM

I think I'm going to start keeping a dream journal of sorts. I get some fucked up dreams, and they're usually pretty entertaining. (Guerilla warfare, serial killers, rollercoasters with mushrooms, etc.)

Try eating a sausage/pepperoni pizza before going to bed.... you'll have some wild dreams! (it REALLY works for me) \:\/

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 01:37 PM

Pizzas in general make you dream.

It's the cheese, apparently.

And pepperoni pizzas make me wet the bed, too.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 04:47 PM

And pepperoni pizzas make me wet the bed, too.

God! What does chili make you do?

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 04:52 PM

I don't know, but the results are all brown.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 04:58 PM

Today, while sitting on the couch, I had horrible deja vu of a dream I once had; it was a most peculiar feeling, considering this dream must have occured over a year ago. Perhaps two years. My time line is all skewed. Anywho, I can't remember what occured in the dream, I just remember walking past the main desk of a very futuristic hospital, to go visit someone. I can't remember who. Oh, and I remember that everything was slightly warped. Straight structures were slightly bent, flat surfaces were wavy, etc. It was as if all of my senses were slightly warped in an oddly psychedelic fashion.

Weird, eh? I remember everything I just described having happened in a dream I had somewheres between one and three years ago. I think the weirdest part is, I was wide awake when the flashback occured.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 06:43 PM

It's probably just a memory. We remember that which has happened to us in dream form or not, right.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 08:07 PM

Yes, It was just bizarre. I mean, as far as I go, unless I tell someone about one of my dreams immediately, or write it down, then it fades quite quickly. Usually within the first 1-4 hours after I wake up. So the fact that it just randomly came back to me after several years, while sitting on the couch, is funny to me.

It's no big deal, I just thought it was a strange occurance.

Re: Dreams - 04/01/07 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ice
Last night I dreamt that I was hanging out with RRA and LLC. I know RRA's real name but not LLC's. I felt kind of awkward calling him LLC the whole time.

(I'm spending waaaaay too much time on the BB.)

Excellent. Was I nude, or riding an elephant? Both?

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 01:25 PM

Well no one is allowed to wear clothes in my dreams. I'm not sure if that was an elephant you were riding though......it could have been a crack head that got ahold of da' wrong stuff.

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 01:57 PM

I had a dream last night that bogey came over to my house and brought me some chicken wings.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I had a dream last night that bogey came over to my house and brought me some chicken wings.

Honey, hot, or both?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 02:22 PM

Man, in my dream Bogey came to my house with fresh KFC Chicken bucket...and bashed me over the head with it.

Damn I've been watching too much wrestling. ;\)

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 03:03 PM

If that's what you wanna call it... ;\) \:p

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 04:13 PM

Well in any case, they were good wings. \:p

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Honey, hot, or both?

DC-I'm afraid that the youth of this nation has not improved it's 'Christian' values since your day. \:o

'Wings', in this context, are either representing:

a.)Bogey's 'wings' (A literal translation) Which she COULD spread and 'let me come inside'. -Rod Stewart citation here
b.)canibus

Given the fact that both are in relationships, I think the subject of this discussion is canibus. Don't know the flavor of those 'wings' but I bet that they are sticky and icky.

(But who cares....this is the dream thread, we're not gonna remember any of this tommorow anyway, right? )

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 10:01 PM

'Wings', in this context, are either representing:

a.)Bogey's 'wings' (A literal translation) Which she COULD spread and 'let me come inside'. -Rod Stewart citation here
b.)canibus

Given the fact that both are in relationships, I think the subject of this discussion is canibus. Don't know the flavor of those 'wings' but I bet that they are sticky and icky.

First of all, I don't know WHY you're reading THAT far into it. XDCX posted his dream, I made a sexual innuendo (not even meaning wings spread, legs spread. I didn't even think of that. I was just making a funny), he retorted, end of story.

Second, talk about me like that again, and I'll kill ya. "sticky and icky"? Yeah, go to hell.

Third, how did you come to the conclusion we were talking about weed?

Fourth, I am not in a relationship.

And its definitely cannabis, Mr. Grammar.

And I will remember this tomorrow.

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 10:21 PM

Fourth, I am not in a relationship.

What's going on? Are you from out of town?

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 10:51 PM

b.)canibus

Not to be confused with the popular drug, "el es dee".
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Dreams - 04/03/07 10:51 PM

I always seem to have bad dreams about my girlfriend. I don't know for sure, and I also don't remember what they were about, but I just knowthat I have negative dreams about her.

That sucks. \:\(

Re: Dreams - 04/04/07 01:21 PM

Enzo, do these 'negative' dreams about your girlfriend involve a shovel and a bag of lye...?

b.)canibus

Not to be confused with the popular drug, "el es dee".

That's good advice, man. I know a guy who got the two confused one night and he got crazy f'd up.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET