Home

Left or Right? No Politics!

Posted By: afsaneh77

Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 01:45 PM

I mean your hands. I'm very much curious to know which members are left handed.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 01:51 PM

Definitely right handed. I would have a very difficult time using my left hand to eat or write. It's so awkward.

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 02:41 PM

My husband and I are both righties, but my oldest daughter is a lefty. My husband's father was ambidextrous, which leads us to believe that he was probably a lefty and was switched as a child, which was quite common back then. We assume that's where she got it, as nobody else in the family is left-handed.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
my oldest daughter is a lefty.
If you don't mind my asking, do you consider her to be more gifted or smarter than your other children?
Posted By: svsg

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 02:57 PM

right
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 03:01 PM

Right handed though I hang to the left.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 03:25 PM

Typically right-handed, although I tend to shoot rifles and shotguns with my left. But I can be ambidextrous in shootin'...just depends where my hapless target is standing!
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 03:31 PM

Write with my left hand, play guitar left handed, left footed at football but strangely I use right handed golf clubs. But all in all a leftie and proud of it!
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 03:58 PM

Definitely right handed. If I try and write with my left hand, my writing is similar to a psycho's.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 05:39 PM

Inever tought I'd say this, but yes, I'm right.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 05:41 PM

No, I'm right!
Posted By: irishmike

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 06:47 PM

Right handed, but a switch hitter-----IN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[quote]Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[b] my oldest daughter is a lefty.
If you don't mind my asking, do you consider her to be more gifted or smarter than your other children? [/b][/quote]Well, as my husband would say, "Thank God she's pretty."

Actually, she has definite talent in the arts, definitely not science or math, which are always a challenge for her. She has a lovely singing voice and can also sketch quite well. She is also currently taking a fashion design class and is turning out some terrific clothes. But her brains are definitely geared one way and not the other.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 08:00 PM

I'm a rightie baby
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 08:04 PM

Simon and Garfunkel sang a song back in the 60's "A Simple Desulatory Phillipic." The song had a line, "Communist cause I'm left-handed, but that's the hand I use, well nevermind."

Write - left
Throw - right
Bat/Golf - right
Guitar - right
Eat with fork - right
Eat with chopsticks - left

I can twirl my index fingers in opposite directions. I can do the Laurel and Hardy routine; right hand on left ear and left hand on right ear and then switch. :p

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
I can do the Laurel and Hardy routine; right hand on left ear and left hand on right ear and then switch. :p
WOW!! You can switch your ears!!!!
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Well, as my husband would say, "Thank God she's pretty."
Artsy people are just as smart as math/science people though... just dominated by the other side of their brain.

I'm ambidextrous in most things; there are some things I do better with my left, some things I do better with my right, but most of the time there's no difference. Like in tennis, my right serve is a lot stronger than my left, but my left is still a decent serve, and I use it sometimes if I need to.

How weird though, MC... I use a fork with my right and chopsticks with my left too! I can't switch my ears though, that's way beyond me.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 09:43 PM

I'm right handed. I play piano with both though...
Never uttered a single complaint regarding my talents...
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/24/06 09:59 PM

Right to write and such.
Left for opening bottle tops.
Both for playing pool/snooker.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 12:06 AM

Right handed.

Bat right.
Throw right.
Shoot right.
Write right.

I eat with my feet though.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 12:30 AM

So how about this administration...

Only joking, I'm right-handed!
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 12:37 AM

I'm right handed as well, although I'm left-eye dominant, so I shoot and such with my left hand.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 12:41 AM

I'm your common righty.

I ________ with my right hand. (Waits for masturbation joke...)
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 12:43 AM

Lefty all the way here. Pitch, write, hit, etc.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 07:30 AM

Thanks everyone, especially those who put time in detailing with which hand they prefer to masturbate.

It has been quite a while, around two years now that we found out my youngest and most favorite niece, now age four is left handed. I think one of my aunts is also left handed, because she always takes scissors with her left hand, but she must have been forced to use her right hand at school.

Anyway, what got me thinking is that the other day I noticed she is sketching, way beyond her age and as usual with her left hand. It was really funny, because when she didn't get stem of a flower upright said, "Oh, this little flower is dying." She is a tad brighter than the rest of my nieces and nephew and personally from all those that I've known, I've never seen a normal left handed person. Among my classmates, they'd always stood out in some areas. So I'm very excited that she is left handed. Poor thing has a freak aunt who wants to study her case.

So now, we have Senza, Sully, Part and I know Beth is also left handed.

JM, in regard with playing piano, how long it took you to train your left hand to not yield to the tempo of what right hand is playing in unbalanced durations for each hand and act independent?
Posted By: SC

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 10:01 AM

"..... He's left-handed.... thats the hand to use, well, nevermind". (apologies to Simon & Garfunkel)

I'm a righty.

I suspect I'm not alone in this, but I can't use a pair of scissors with my left hand.

EDIT: Ooops, I see MaryCas beat me to the song quote.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 04:12 PM

Quote:
JM, in regard with playing piano, how long it took you to train your left hand to not yield to the tempo of what right hand is playing in unbalanced durations for each hand and act independent?
Afi, you know, hands usually have different tasks. I don't think I use some special time for left hand. If it yields - I just work with it separately when needed, but same goes to any difficulties in right as well. Maybe there was some difference in childhood, but I don't remember.
As to independence... After studying a 4-voice fuga, where you have two independent voices in each hand, with their own intonations and other tasks, you'll forget about the problem forever.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
... After studying a 4-voice fuga, where you have two independent voices in each hand, with their own intonations and other tasks, you'll forget about the problem forever.
I don't know about voices in my hands, but I've some voices in my head ...

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 07:21 PM

Quote:
I don't know about voices in my hands, but I've some voices in my head ...
Is something really wrong with that?
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/25/06 07:56 PM

right hand for me Only freaks use their left
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
After studying a 4-voice fuga, where you have two independent voices in each hand, with their own intonations and other tasks, you'll forget about the problem forever.
Ahhhh hearing things like that makes me think of all the practice and frustration that must have gone into it... yikes. But this is true... it doesn't have to even be that complicated-- even an etude (like Chopin's in C sharp minor comes to mind as a perfect example) helps with that coordination, because you switch back and forth between what the left hand does and the right hand, so much. Like it's impossible to do that (or to do it fast and right, at least) if you're not used to using both equally. And if you're not used to it, you get used to it after a few hours of practice. By the way, JM, off topic, I'm curious... at what age did you start playing the piano?

And no, the voices in your head are not a bad thing; I think of them as my friends.

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 06:26 AM

Nothing wrong with them but I'm thinking to shift the voices from my head to my hands.

See, the left hand is perfect by itself. My problem is when it mixes with right with two different tempos, it suddenly yields to right. It is frustrating that I need to keep practicing for every single theme like that.

It is almost like that trick when you are asked to draw a circle clockwise and try to write a six with your foot. One yields to other, unless, I don't start the six from its tail, writing it in a clockwise manner.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 10:25 AM

Voices in the head are fine. It's when you start talking back to them where the problems begin.
Posted By: E Lucky R

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 10:47 AM

Lefty

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
(like Chopin's in C sharp minor comes to mind as a perfect example)
Awww! My fav. I played it at entering exam to the Institute...

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
By the way, JM, off topic, I'm curious... at what age did you start playing the piano?
At 5 I was at musical school already. Although I begun as a violinist, for several years, I always prefered to sit at the piano all day, so I guess I was a bad violinist...

Re: Left or Right? No Politics! - 01/26/06 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Voices in the head are fine. It's when you start talking back to them where the problems begin.
What problems? Just write the dialogue down, publish it and become famous. You think it happens otherwise?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET