Home

Question/Suggestion for Banker/Loan Types about Short Term Loan

Posted By: Robert DeNiro

Question/Suggestion for Banker/Loan Types about Short Term Loan - 08/24/05 11:55 PM

Here is the situation:

I have a property that I am selling that is under contract. The realtor involved talked to the person who is buying my property's bank, and the buyer's loan has been approved and everything is a go. However, the closing on this property is not going to take place in the time frame we first expected it to. Instead it will take place about 3 weeks later. I was expecting to get about $15,000 out of the sale of this property, of which about $7,000 I was going to use to take to closing for another property a couple of days after selling my house.

I have put the property I want to purchase under contract, and I have lined up my own financing. The mortgage company doing my financing though is requiring under all circumstances that I bring that $7,000 to closing. I have about $4,000 only and I'm maxed out on credit cards. The seller of the property I am trying to buy has others lined up willing to pay more for the property I am trying to purchase, so he's not willing to offer an extension on the contract I have.

So jist of the matter: the money I was expecting to get from my closing and selling my house was going to be used to purchase another property, and now that the first closing has been put off for after the scheduled closing of the property I was going to buy, I will not have the cash to buy the other property.

Is there anyone out there (bank, loan company, etc...) that will loan me the $3,000 short term or so based on the fact that I will be getting this cash back at another closing shortly? The lender loaning this money would be able to call and verify that my property sale for the first property is indeed going through.

Does anyone know a company or institution that can help me out?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Question/Suggestion for Banker/Loan Types about Short Term Loan - 08/25/05 02:35 AM

Something very similar happened to us when we sold a condo to buy a house. We obtained what is called a bridge loan. Our attorney arranged the whole thing with a local bank, and he provided the documentation to them to show that the closing on our condo was imminent. We ended up having the loan for about 10 days. The only reason we did it, however, was because our bank could have raised our interest rate by 1.5% if we didn't close by a certain date.

Realize that the seller cannot really force you to close. Usually the closing date in a contract is an "on or about" date, and it's difficult to force a closing date if you only need to hold off for a week or two. Your attorney should really be advising you on this.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET