Home

Family can be a pain in the A**

Posted By: The Iceman

Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 07:31 AM

Ok let me clarify in October a cousin whom I have always been close too is getting married in Massachusets. I've already notified her and other family members that I will not be attending.

As I don't have many vacation days left and that I'd rather use the days I have left to go see Iron maiden in August(which I will be)plus the fact that I just flat out don't like the guy she's getting married to.

Another cousin of mine asked me who is more important my favorite cousin, or Iron Maiden. And I told her at this point in time It's Iron Maiden.

I've already told the family that I think my cousin is making a very big mistake(just like she did when she got married the first time, that marriage didn't even last 2.5 years) and cause of that I refuse to take part in this whole event.

So now I find myself on the outs with my entire family.
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 10:34 AM

Well, I hate attending marriages too but YOU SHOULD prefer that marriage over Iron Maiden. I mean c'mon, she's your fav cousin, even if you dont like the guy she's married to. What would you think if your cousin wouldn't come to your marriage but instead be in theaters or something...
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 11:19 AM

Iceman, what's the matter with you? I think your brains gone sour from all that heavy metal music that you've been listening to! Never put a bunch of strangers ahead of someone special in your life!

You say that you are close with this cousin and that she is your favorite cousin. Well if that be the case than she obviously wants you to share in her happiness and be a part of her special day. It should not matter if you approve of the groom or not, as it is she that will have to live with him and not you. If you and your cousin are as special to each other as I am interpreting here, than you need to go to the store, buy an Iron Maiden CD, and then book your trip to partake in your favorite cousin's special day.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 01:56 PM

In my family it would be no problem, as cousins are rarely ever invited to each other's wedding. I had a cousin and his wife killed last year, only about a year after they got married. It's sad I wasn't at their wedding, as that was one of the last times our family would have been together with them.

With that being said, I have to agree with Iceman. I don't think a cousin is that close of a relation that you should feel guilty about going to something you really enjoy, versus a boring family wedding. I've had 3 nieces get married in the last 2 years. One wedding my daughter wasn't at; the second wedding I had 2 nieces who didn't attend, and this last wedding a couple weeks ago another of my niece's didn't attend. My nieces and nephews have always been somewhat close, yet half of them didn't go to the other's weddings. If Bon Jovi or The Nationals were in town when a relative of mine got married....I'd just send a nice gift.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 02:27 PM

Iceman, never take sides with anyone outside the family again........ever.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 05:47 PM

A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 05:50 PM

The Godfathers have spoken!
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 06:33 PM

Iceman, as a grown man you can do whatever you feel is correct. In your case I would maybe reconsider your possition a bit but regardless ofthis I say do what you please and tell your family to go to hell.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 07:27 PM

I was invited (actually, let me clarify.. my dad was invited) to go to a birthday party yesterday. For a 90 year old guy. Who I don't know. That lives an hour away.

I said I didn't want to go.

My family hasn't spoken to me since yesterday at 3:30.

Aren't families great?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 07:36 PM

Come on Bogz, going to that 90 year old guy's b'day party is so sweet.

I say go to the wedding. If you really like your cousin you could put up with that guy for a few hours.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 07:36 PM

I WISH my family would stop talking to me

I think too many families do things to "keep peace" if the cousin is someone you care about and she is marrying an ass then what you are doing is a "nice way" of telling her you don't like it.

Just my .02
Posted By: Bubblehead

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 08:48 PM

do what you feel is right. Because having to explin to yourself is way harder than explaing to your family. Family will ALWAYS BE THERE. no matter what they say or what they do, come tomorrow you will still be her cousin. Go party!!! Weddings are way overrated anyways, just to people feeling sorry for each other, go party get drunk and forget everything!
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
I was invited (actually, let me clarify.. my dad was invited) to go to a birthday party yesterday. For a 90 year old guy. Who I don't know. That lives an hour away.

I said I didn't want to go.

My family hasn't spoken to me since yesterday at 3:30.

Aren't families great?
Oh don't worry. About two years ago my mother told me we had to move out of my Grandmother's condo. For those of you who don't know I live with mmy Grandmother and my Father in her Condo. My mother also lived here, even after they divorced.

Now, she said we had to move but get what the excuse is: She said my father propositioned her for sex.

I'm not clever enough to make up this shit.

I told her to go fuck herself and that I wasn't going to uproot myself. For over one month or so we had no communication whatso ever.

You've got to put your foot down in situations like these where people are forcing you or in disagreemnt with you or you'll get walked all over.
Posted By: Bubblehead

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/18/05 09:28 PM

exactly! don't accomodate other people. People can't get upset when you tell the truth. The truth hurts.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/19/05 01:45 PM

Look at it this way, Iceman. While she's off entering another potentially (hopefully not, though ) failed marriage, you will be rocking your socks off to Iron Maiden!!!
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/19/05 08:26 PM

Iceman, if you don't want to go, don't. The worst thing you can do is end up at a wedding, miserable, and bringing everybody down. And if this groom is as much as an asshole as I see it, then who knows if there may be any conflict, and the last thing you want to do is make a scene at your cousin's wedding.

However, if it was me, I would go, simply to see my family, notably my cousin on her special day. She's obviosuly happy with him, at least for now, and it would make a great time to reunite with your entire family as a whole. I wouldn't socialize with the groom if I didn't want to, but I would surely show up to congratulate my cousin on this, even if you don't agree, special day.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/20/05 04:07 AM

Go to the concert,you might not get another chance to see them
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 08:22 AM

I would go to ANYONE's wedding rather than to the Iron Maiden concert! :p

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
I would go to ANYONE's wedding rather than to the Iron Maiden concert! :p
Where have you been Lav?!

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Where have you been Lav?! [/QB]
stayed home with an injured shoulder....
did you miss me?

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 12:32 PM

Quote:
did you miss me?
No. Just kidding. :p That's awful girl, how did this happen? Hope you are feeling better now ...

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 01:28 PM

Quote:
That's awful girl, how did this happen? Hope you are feeling better now ...
suppose you spot Al crossing your way. What do you do? Sure, you stumble and fall! That's what happened to me. Trouble is Al was NOT crossing my way. I just stumbled and fell WITHOUT A CAUSE!!!....

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 01:48 PM

Quote:
suppose you spot Al crossing your way. What do you do? Sure, you stumble and fall!
Nah, I'd run like mad toward him and he might stumble and fall seeing a crazy person running toward him. :p
Posted By: svsg

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/22/05 06:13 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[b] suppose you spot Al crossing your way. What do you do? Sure, you stumble and fall!
Nah, I'd run like mad toward him and he might stumble and fall seeing a crazy person running toward him. :p [/b][/quote]Afsaneh, I bet you missed Lavinia... who else could you discuss Al Pacino fantasies with? Welcome back Lavinia.
And Iceman, attend the wedding. There will be more opportunities to go to Iron Maiden concerts!!

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/23/05 04:26 AM

Well I spoke with one of my cousins earlier today concerning the wedding. We spoke at length for about 30 minutes, and she supports my decision 100% apparently one of her sisters took what I said and twisted it to make me out to be the bad guy(man I don't need no help for that )

I told her that during the cousins first wedding I never spoke up, to maintain the peace. Even though I knew the wedding was a mistake. And I also said that I promised myself that if I thought she was making another mistake(which I truly do)then I would either speak up or just not attend.

Now I hope I'm wrong in all of this I just want my cousin to be happy she deserves it.

I still plan on attending the Iron Maiden concert(heck I have to I've already got tickets) cause I think this will be my one & only chance to see them live.

I've always been the type of person that says what he thinks, I've never minced words if people don't like it. Then that's to bad.
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/23/05 01:17 PM

How could you miss your cousin's wedding? And the thing it's a cousin you're close with so it makes it even more special to attend. Shame on you if you don't go. Family always comes first no matter dont worry about that Iron Maiden concert, im sure they'll play again somwhere near you.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/24/05 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
How could you miss your cousin's wedding? Shame on you if you don't go.
Because it's Iron-focking-Maiden!!!

Re: Family can be a pain in the A** - 06/28/05 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
[b] How could you miss your cousin's wedding? Shame on you if you don't go.
Because it's Iron-focking-Maiden!!!

[/b][/quote]Well at least someone gets it.

No Vito The Godfather I really think this will be my one and only chance to see Iron Maiden
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET