Home

Star Wars

Posted By: Tony Love

Star Wars - 05/21/05 04:00 PM

Surprisingly, I haven't found any threads about the new Star Wars movie, and it's been three long days! What are the reactions of "Revenge of the Sith"? I went to see it last night, and I thought it was excellent. I would probably rank it my favorite Star Wars movie (and that's saying a lot). It answered many questions over the original trilogy and filled in that gap which united the first two, with the last three (which is of course, what it was supposed to do), but I thought Lucas & company did so marvelously.

I have a poll, now that the series is complete, what's your favorite (or favorite two) Star Wars episode(s)?
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 04:21 PM

I think its difficult to put the prequels and the originals in the same categories. They are so different from each other. There is no comparison in special effects between the two groups and that reason alone is enough to justify seperating them. My favorite of the prequels is without a doubt Eppisode 3. My favorite of the originals is The Empire Strikes Back.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
Surprisingly, I haven't found any threads about the new Star Wars movie, and it's been three long days!
There is a few threads that are already up that talk about the new Star Wars movie. In the poll I voted for the Sith. It was awesome how they showed the transformation of Vader.

DS
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 04:40 PM

Results until now: Empire Stikes back 3 votes; Revenge of the Sith 3 votes. A poll: "Which trilogy do you like most should've been better, because now people are just voting for the best movie of their favourite trilogy.

Question: In Episode I, they go to a planet where the Clones are being made. They 'makers' said that the order was given by ... (can't remember the name). But who was that? I'm not only asking the name, but also the identity, because even when I watch it, I didn't understand who gave the order. Was it Qui-Gon-Yin?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 05:37 PM

Can't find any threads? Are you kidding? :p

My favorite is The Empire Strikes Back.

The best is A New Hope.

I picked both. In terms of best, 'Empire' is VERY close to ANH. Episode 1 lacked. While it was almost good, there were let downs, especially Darth Maul, who is one of the best looking villains in the series but didn't do much.

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Can't find any threads? Are you kidding? :p

The best is A New Hope.

I picked both. In terms of best, 'Empire' is VERY close to ANH. Episode 1 lacked. While it was almost good, there were let downs, especially Darth Maul, who is one of the best looking villains in the series but didn't do much.
Darth Maul might have been the best looking character in the whole series.

DS
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Can't find any threads? Are you kidding? :p

The best is A New Hope.

DS [/b][/quote]no Boba fett is

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 07:12 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Can't find any threads? Are you kidding? :p

The best is A New Hope.

DS [/b][/quote]True but I don't think he can be better looking then Vader. Vader is a character who has been blasted into pop culture that even non-fans know about him. He's a classic villain.
Posted By: Caporegime

Re: Star Wars - 05/21/05 10:49 PM

I completely agree with raggingbull2003 here. The two trilogies are so different that they should be separated into 2 different categories. However, I just saw the 3rd episode, and it was fantastic. The way it pieced together all of the burning questions put itself above the previous 2 prequels by far. In my opinion it is the best of the episodes, which does say a lot for me. Hats off to George Lucas for a great achievement in film-making.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 03:03 AM

I don't think it's really fair to compare a film that just came out to ones that have been around for twenty or so years. This new one is fresh in your mind, it's new, it's novel.

I'd like to see how people feel in a year or two. I've heard too many people say how III is that best movie yet, and I just can't see how they can compare.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 03:27 AM

Hey all. I have not seen the Star Wars movies, but with all this hype goin on about Episode 3, I'm getting a little interested. So, I need a little advice. Should I watch the movies in the order they came out, or in cronological order?

I was gonna make a new thread for this, but, I guess, that would be kinda pointless...
Posted By: Tom

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 04:13 AM

It's hard to compete with the originals but I went with episode 3 because of the breath taking special effects and most original score from the rest. It was everything a SW should be, accept for the acting-what can ya do(the dialogue was crap). This movie put all the pieces of the puzzle together and it succeeded. One question, what was with Anakin when he got into that suit?-"Nooooo"

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 04:17 AM

I understand the time difference between the two trilogies. Therefore I've allowed two votes. Everyone can vote for their favorite two episodes. My votes were not based on special effects, though many voters may base their choices around special effects. They're a great addition to a movie, but there is a much bigger story line involved. Usually, I don't like to compare parts of movies (for example, the Godfather, I have no favorite movie because it's all apart of the same general story). Star Wars is the same way, but because the two generations are so different, and the movies are pretty distinguishable as well, I decided to compare them. Don't like it? Don't vote.

Another thing, I didn't notice any Star Wars threads, because I didn't look. I just glanced at the recent posts and didn't come up with anything. I don't care if there have already been posts, and if I did care, I probably would have searched deeper.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 07:57 AM

Well I just got back awhile ago from watching Revenge Of The Sith, and so far that one is my all time fave film. Although like someone mentioned earlier. I'll have to see if it stands the test of time.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 02:54 PM

The best film is Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, though George Lucas has redeemed himself with SW III: ROTS which is excellent. But, my vote still goes to Empire.

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 03:17 PM

I'm really glad so many of you are digging this new one. I'm going to see it today at one, despite my promise to myself to not see it in the theater (after watching that cinematic abortion called Episode II).
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 08:14 PM

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is the prototypical summer blockbuster sequel, ever since its release way back in 1980.

So ya, guess which movie I voted for.

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
I'm really glad so many of you are digging this new one. I'm going to see it today at one, despite my promise to myself to not see it in the theater (after watching that cinematic abortion called Episode II).
You have to see it in the theater. The sound is amazing.

DS

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 08:52 PM

I was fortunate enough to see The Empire Strikes Back when they released it again in 1997. I have not seen it since however. I've only watched the first movie when the trilogy was put on DVD. I lost some of the mood since I have the shitty Fullscreen.

I'll probably give the other two a view this week.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 10:43 PM

My favorite is Return of the Jedi. The final lightsabre battle between Luke and Vader is the ultimate climax of the entire series.

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 10:54 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
[b] I'm really glad so many of you are digging this new one. I'm going to see it today at one, despite my promise to myself to not see it in the theater (after watching that cinematic abortion called Episode II).
You have to see it in the theater. The sound is amazing.

DS [/b][/quote]Okay, so I saw it at a big theater with great sound and a huge screen, and I hated it. It was great to look at and to listen to, but it just wasn't for me at all. I was quite disappointed.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Star Wars - 05/22/05 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
Hey all. I have not seen the Star Wars movies, but with all this hype goin on about Episode 3, I'm getting a little interested. So, I need a little advice. Should I watch the movies in the order they came out, or in cronological order?

I was gonna make a new thread for this, but, I guess, that would be kinda pointless...
You MUST watch it the way that it was meant to be watched.

The Original Three first : A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi.

The Watch the Prequels.

So Basically you need to watch Episode 4, 5, 6, and then 1, 2, and latest one in the movies # 3. Lucas was a pure Genius in the order that he presented the movies to the public.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

So Basically you need to watch Episode 4, 5, 6, and then 1, 2, and latest one in the movies # 3. Lucas was a pure Genius in the order that he presented the movies to the public.
Thanks DC, I was waiting for someone to recognize my post. I figured you would say that-the same logic goes for The Godfather movies.

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]
Thanks DC, I was waiting for someone to recognize my post. [/b][/quote]No problemo! Watching them the way that Lucas intended us to watch them gives the viewer more surprises and just makes for a much better story! Tell me what you think when you are finished!

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 12:19 AM

CK,

Don't feel bad. I have never seen Star Wars. The only one of the series I've ever seen was "The Empire Strikes Back, when it was originally released. The only reason I did is, because a couple that my husband and I were going out with, loved Star Wars and really wanted to see the sequel. Little did we know at that time, the impact the whole series would have this many years later.

Well, it was ok, special effects were great, but I just couldn't get into it. I can't deny however, it sure has an enormous following.

Btw, what's the verdict on this new one??? I hear it's doing pretty well. How would you fans compare it to the rest of the series???

TIS

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 02:33 AM

Luke is turned to the dark side in the future by a clone of Palpatine.

Also, Chewie dies. Theres a history Lucas created as massive as real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBY#Timeline_of_Star_Wars_History

BBY - Before Battle of Yavin
ABY - After

Battle of Yavin = New Hope Episode 4
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Question: In Episode I, they go to a planet where the Clones are being made. They 'makers' said that the order was given by ... (can't remember the name). But who was that? I'm not only asking the name, but also the identity, because even when I watch it, I didn't understand who gave the order. Was it Qui-Gon-Yin?
Its in Episode II, the clone army was supposedly ordered by a Jedi called Sifo-Dyas, but it was actually ordered by Count Dooku using the name of a recently deceased Jedi as a cover. This was 10 years before Episode II, and as Count Dooku was turning from a Jedi to a Sith at the time, he was able to access the Jedi archives and remove the planet of Kamino (where the clones were being created) from the archives. Of course all this was being orchestrated by the Emperor.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
How would you fans compare it to the rest of the series???

TIS
I think it's the second best film of the entire lot, after The Empire Strikes Back, and in a way the two are very similar; the darkest of their respective trilogies, a classic family encounter, the Dark Side tempting the great Jedi, and a great feel of the epic action and excitement. I can't wait to see it again.

Mick
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 01:00 PM

I voted for "Return Of The Jedi" as i am yest to See the new one,plan to watch in the nex few days.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 01:15 PM

Star Wars political???? Who would have thought?

web page

TIS
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Star Wars - 05/23/05 05:59 PM

I am shocked...SHOCKED!

"This is the way liberty dies....with thunderous applause."

My personal favorite was when Anakin/Darth tells Obi that he is either with him or against him and Obi replies that this was proof he had become a Sith because only Siths think in absolute terms.

I saw it yesterday on an Imax Screen. Right now,I would put it a notch above Empire Strikes Back, but I need to think it through.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Star Wars - 05/24/05 12:55 AM

To me it'd be between either Sith or Empire and I would go with Sith. I just got out of the theaters and my friend and I were kinda having a discussion on this, but I'd probably have to go with Sith as of now

Re: Star Wars - 05/25/05 04:08 AM

I was thinking about this yesterday how I would rank the Star Wars movies:

1) Revenge of the Sith
2) The Empire Strikes Back
3) Return of the Jedi
4) Attack of the Clones
5) A New Hope
6) The Phantom Menance
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Star Wars - 05/25/05 09:45 AM

If I were to rank them:

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Mick

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 01:29 AM

1) Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
2) Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
3) Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
4) Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
5) Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
6) Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

I really wanted to put Episode 1 over 2, but the overuse of comedic humor, especially with Jar-Jar was too much.
Posted By: thug

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 01:52 AM

Personally, I'd rank them as:

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Phantom Menace
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones

I think the first two of each respective trilogy are the best of each group, as both films are the most original of the groups, and unnecessary drama doesn't hurt them as much. I think the originals are masterpieces, The Phantom Menace is good, Revenge of the Sith is mediocre, and Attack of the Clones is horrible.

Thug

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:11 AM

Episode 2 is the only one I cannot rewatch at the moment since I don't have any copy of it. I have a VHS of 1 and the fullscreen ( ) DVD trilogy.

I enjoy episode 1 a lot, but it felt like a family movie with all the horrible comedic relief, mostly from Jar Jar Binks. The Darth Maul fight was great, and helped me forget about the shitty Binks character, but it only got worse with more Binks. From what I understand, and you may understand more of this thug, Binks' actions are imitations of Buster Keaton skits.
Posted By: thug

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:14 AM

Quote:
Episode 2 is the only one I cannot rewatch at the moment since I don't have any copy of it. I have a VHS of 1 and the fullscreen ( ) DVD trilogy.

I enjoy episode 1 a lot, but it felt like a family movie with all the horrible comedic relief, mostly from Jar Jar Binks. The Darth Maul fight was great, and helped me forget about the shitty Binks character, but it only got worse with more Binks. From what I understand, and you may understand more of this thug, Binks' actions are imitations of Buster Keaton skits.
I prefer Jar-Jar Binks, who is supposed to be a fool, to Hayden Christensen, who isn't supposed to be a fool. That is, I'd rather see Jar-Jar Binks have a major role than have a major role played by Christensen.

I don't really see any similarities that connect Binks and Keaton. Not really.

Thug

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:20 AM

I was wrong to limit him to Keaton.

Jar Jar's antics during the climactic battle echo scenes from classic silent comedies. Ball rolling down hill after Jar Jar: Seven Chances (1925). Gun tied to foot firing: The Navigator (1924). Hanging from gun turret: Girl Shy (1924).

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thug:
That is, I'd rather see Jar-Jar Binks have a major role than have a major role played by Christensen.
I don't understand why everyone has something against Hayden. I thought he did a good job as Anakin in 2 and an even better job as Anakin/Vader in 3

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:45 AM

He is a shitty actor. Sure he did a better job in this one opposed to episode 2, but he is still cardboard in many instances. As Capo said, more guilt scenes would've made the film better. What's with that glare?

One change Lucas made to the original trilogy I absolutely loathe is this.

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:47 AM

I like it but maybe that's how Lucas always envisioned it. It makes more sense I guess from a chronological stand point
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:48 AM

Quote:

One change Lucas made to the original trilogy I absolutely loathe is this.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that change either. Though I don't really care about the other changes he has made to the original trilogy.

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:49 AM

DV, where is this updated picture of Yoda, Obi and Anakin shown? In the new triple DVD set? I've never seen that picture with a young Anakin.

Don Cardi

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:52 AM

Yes I believe it's on the DVD trilogy that was just released

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 02:54 AM

It's the DVD. Lucas changed the trilogy first with the 1997 "special" editions. While many changes were great, some were shit. Some of the bad ones being....

1) Making Greedo shoot at Han first
2) The new Jabba the Hut
3) The Sarclac beak
4) The CGI singers at Jabba's palace
5) Some of the toned down violence

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?c=28&s=8

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 04:38 AM

Jesus Christ, let it be! Why go back and change the original now? Keep Anakin the same in ROTJ. It makes things more interesting. Besides, that was the original plan, stick to it.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 05:01 AM

That RotJ pic doesnt bother me, it's not like it ruins the whole movie. And all those other things that Lucas changed..Who cares!

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 05:09 AM

I don't remember the original shot but I did make it a point to see "Greedo shooting first" while watching A New Hope due to Ben Affleck's line in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, "this may be the worst idea since Greedo shooting first but ah, Jay & Silent Bob movie? Who'd pay to see that?"

Re: Star Wars - 05/30/05 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
And all those other things that Lucas changed..Who cares!
They're annoying changes. We get used to something we consider memorable and it's changed. That's annoying. The changes take away the impact from the scenes.

Re: Star Wars - 05/31/05 06:39 PM

Looks like Maddox wasn't impressed with the new Star Wars. Even if you enjoyed the film, this is still funny.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

Re: Star Wars - 05/31/05 07:01 PM

I didn't read the entire site, just the pictures, but they were very funny
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Star Wars - 05/31/05 07:16 PM

That website is hysterical. I must admit I am one of the "idiots" who liked this film, but I do agree with the majority of what he said. The special effects ticked me off, the fact that Anakin switched so easily ticked me off, and the fact that all the "enlightened" Jedi's hadn't a clue ticked me off.

Re: Star Wars - 05/31/05 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
That website is hysterical. I must admit I am one of the "idiots" who liked this film, but I do agree with the majority of what he said. The special effects ticked me off, the fact that Anakin switched so easily ticked me off, and the fact that all the "enlightened" Jedi's hadn't a clue ticked me off.
To be honest, after reading that I do feel stupid for saying it's a great film. I still think it's great, but those plot problems in mind on my next viewing may make it less effective. Because, all the satire aside, he is right about those things, including the "kid movie" quote. :p

"The movies are for children but [the fans] don't want to admit that." - Lucas
Oh really? It just so happens that this "children's movie" has a scene where a guy gets his hands chopped off, a graphic decapitation, the wanton slaughter of children (the highlight of any movie), and the coolest scene in any space action movie starring Ewan McGregor: Anakin getting his legs chopped off as his stumps catch fire while his face melts. By the way, if you haven't seen this movie yet, don't read the previous sentence.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET