Home

Your ride(s)?

Posted By: Turnbull

Your ride(s)? - 09/12/23 06:47 AM

What do you drive, and why did you buy that particular car or cars? I'll start:

Our everyday ride is a '19 Mazda 3 with all wheel drive. I boughtt it because that model always rates high with the car mags for performance, ride, interior, etc. We don't get a lot of snow here in the HIgh Desert, but it's hilly, so AWD is practical. This car lives up to its billing, and I love the rear view camera and the warning beeps when people or cars are crossing behind me when backing up (all the public parking in this town is 90 degree). But, sometimes the electroncis are too smart--settings change on their own, and the adaptive cruise control sometimes jams on the brakes when it sees cars to my side, rather than ahead. Still, it's a great ride and I'd buy another.

My other ride is a '15 BMW M4 coupe. I bought it because it's the Thinking Man's Supercar--a Porsche killer with a usable back seat. It's the last supercar I'll ever own, so I installed a Dinan tuner that brings horsepower to 516 and torque to 490 lbs-ft. This car is just lunatic fast, corners flat on its gigantic 19" Z-rated Michelins, stops quick on its ventilated disc brakes. But, there's nowhere here I can open it up to anything near its full potential--and even if I could, I'm too old to try. I call it Turnbull's Folly.

Yours?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/12/23 09:38 PM

TB, My wife drives a Lexus 360 while I drive a 2000 Camry with 212k miles. She won't ride in it and my kids bug me almost every day to get a new car. It runs great and I keep it in shape.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/13/23 10:45 AM

Honda Jazz, Skoda Rapid, Skoda Fabia and Citroen C1 grin
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/13/23 01:53 PM

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd with the Duramax LBZ. Lifted 10 inches with 37 inch Toyo's. The last truck I'll ever buy. 193k on the odometer with about another 300 to reach its life expectancy. The truck brand new was 40k. Now they're over 100k. Fuck that noise. Until they make a truck with blow job seats and automatic cleanup, I'm sticking with mine. Props to you TB, that's a serious piece of machinery you have there.

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/14/23 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by olivant
TB, My wife drives a Lexus 360 while I drive a 2000 Camry with 212k miles. She won't ride in it and my kids bug me almost every day to get a new car. It runs great and I keep it in shape.

Been there and done that, Oli. I had an '83 Dodge Aries that my kids absolutely hated--called it an "old person's car." My adolescent daughter used to slide under the dash every time we stopped at a light. She was afraid one of her friends might see her in it. I didn't like it either--worst new car I ever bought.

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/14/23 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by blueracing347
2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd with the Duramax LBZ. Lifted 10 inches with 37 inch Toyo's. The last truck I'll ever buy. 193k on the odometer with about another 300 to reach its life expectancy. The truck brand new was 40k. Now they're over 100k. Fuck that noise. Until they make a truck with blow job seats and automatic cleanup, I'm sticking with mine. Props to you TB, that's a serious piece of machinery you have there.

Thanks, Blueracing. I'm an M-Car guy. Had a '95 E36 M3 and a 2000 E39 M5 before this M4.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Your ride(s)? - 09/16/23 12:02 AM

Got a 2 year old Sierra Denali with the 6.2
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET