Home

Language Learning Software

Posted By: Irishman12

Language Learning Software - 11/09/22 12:14 AM

Has anyone learned a foreign language using a language learning software such as Rosetta Stone, Babbel, Rocket Languages, etc? I'm giving serious thought to purchase one and hold myself accountable to use it as a New Year's resolution. I've never applied myself to learning Spanish (even though I took 2 years of it in high school) but I've always wanted to. I was going to go with good old Rosetta Stone but then I heard Babbel was reviewed better. Then I heard both Pimsleur and Rocket Languages are rated even better than Babbel and with the holiday season/black Friday rapidly approaching, now would be the perfect time to grab one at a considerable discount. Anybody have any experience with any of these, particularly with Rocket Language as that seems to be the one I'm leaning towards the most at the moment.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Language Learning Software - 11/09/22 05:58 PM

I learned English back when there was not that many PCs around. With books and audio tapes. I did fairly well when I got there, I could understand people and they could understand me and I built over that while I was there. A couple of years before I tried learning German and French, by duolingo app which is free. But since there was no opportunity to put what I learnt to use, now I don't remember much of it. I say if you are not going to use it, it doesn't matter what you pick up, it's going to be a waste of time and money. But if you do, it doesn't matter which one, as long as you like it and you are committed to learn.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Language Learning Software - 11/10/22 12:06 AM

In my neck of the country, Spanish is very beneficial.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Language Learning Software - 11/10/22 02:18 AM

Agree with afs….no matter which process you use the more you use it the better you get.

If you don’t use it…you loose it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET