Home

Gang Movies

Posted By: Patrick

Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:30 PM

Just curious if anyone loves gang movies as much as I do? I know NGE likes some of them. I've been having trouble finding new ones. Any recommendations? My favorites:

Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:35 PM

well you can sort of classify american history x there. sort of. new jack city. ummm i forget what else. lol.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:36 PM

They are four top films.

At one point in my teenage years Menace 2 Society was my fav film ever.

Cant think of any others off top of head
Posted By: SC

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:43 PM

Going back a few years, check out:

"The Warriors" - about a gang fighting its way back (home) to Coney Island. Its dated now, but was fairly good in its day.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:48 PM

Everyone Pat posted are very good. There was another one called something of brooklyn too.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:57 PM

Patrick, a while ago I recommended to you Southern Comfort, which you enjoyed. I suggest you take SC up on his advice and check out The Warriors, which is also directed by Walter Hill. The violence is dated by today's standards, but it's a compelling flick all the same; sort of like Southern Comfort in New York at night.

In the same year, Philip Kaufman directed a similar (though in my opinion inferior) film called The Warriors, which I also recommend.

Boyz N the Hood is great.

Mick

Re: Gang Movies - 11/07/04 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Going back a few years, check out:

"The Warriors" - about a gang fighting its way back (home) to Coney Island. Its dated now, but was fairly good in its day.
SC that is a great film.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 01:38 AM

I think even a white person or two make an appearance in those films.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 01:43 AM

This was also a good one:

Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 01:55 AM

Duvall and Penn... those are two very different personalities. That's a compliment to Duvall.
Posted By: QTN

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
In the same year, Philip Kaufman directed a similar (though in my opinion inferior) film called The Warriors, which I also recommend.

Boyz N the Hood is great.

Mick
Capo, no offense, but you mean THE WANDERERS, right?

Good flick though.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 03:07 AM

The Warriors is a classic gang movie. From what I understand it is being re-made.

Although I know it is a musical and a love story, West Side Story deserves honorable mention. The gang premise itself was excellent.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 05:31 AM

Gangs of New York

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
The Warriors is a classic gang movie. From what I understand it is being re-made.

Don Cardi
That should be good when is that being released.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 02:28 PM

SOUTH CENTRAL is a good one and the outsider
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 03:15 PM

Ya, Coppola's THE OUTSIDERS.

Actually, the WARRIORS remake is tapped for sometime in 2006 and to be directed by Tony Scott(TOP GUN, TRUE ROMANCE, ENEMY OF THE STATE, MAN ON FIRE, etc.) though instead of guns, the remake will have the gangs use....kung fu....to fight with in the streets. Eh!?!!?!?!?
Posted By: SC

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by QTN:
Capo, no offense, but you mean THE WANDERERS, right?
I think he (Capo) just made a typo. "The Wanderers" is another good flick about a New York street gang from the 60's. Its based in the Bronx, and aside from just a so-so storyline, it has a WONDERFUL soundtrack, plus you'll get to see a very young Ken Wahl in his first role. Also, character actor Dolph Sweet plays a decent portrayal of a local Mafia leader.

BTW - One of the rival gangs, The Fordham Baldies, really did exist.

One more gang flick to consider is "The Lords of Flatbush". It stars Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler and Perry King (who had the potential to be the best of the bunch). Its also a personal favorite of mine because the guy who played Moose Mambo (in the poolroom scene) was my brother's best friend (Bruce Reed). You'll also see Dolph Sweet AND a young Armand Assante.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 03:42 PM

Romper Stompers is also a top film,Russell Crowe plays the lead part set in australia about a white crew against the Chinese. Good Violant Film
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 03:47 PM

SC allready said the two movies i was going to talk about The Warriors and The Wonders another classic is The Outsiders and Rumble Fish.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 04:15 PM

City Of God is another top gang film based in brazilin the santy town's where kids rule the streets

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 04:23 PM

City of God is great.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/08/04 07:20 PM

I love The Outsiders! What a classic. Do it for Johnny!

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 01:31 PM

Another Classic is on the water front
if that counts, and the wild one both classics by Brando
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 03:30 PM

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 05:45 PM

I can;t belive I for got about American Me a great flick. Is the believer any good have never seen it.

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 05:45 PM

I can;t belive I for got about American Me a great flick. Is the believer any good have never seen it.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 08:55 PM

I thought it was really good. Here is the IMDB link .
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Gang Movies - 11/09/04 09:07 PM

How Can I forget my movie blood in blood out
(not what you think) but it a good movie

duces wild is good too
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET