Home

The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK?

Posted By: furio_from_naples

The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/04/21 02:47 PM

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/07/21 10:31 AM

For now the bad thing is winning.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/07/21 11:17 PM

I don't keep up with UK politics furio_from_naples. I thought Johnson was supposed to already have this resolved with May stepped down and he took over for her?
Posted By: Hollander

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/08/21 01:51 AM

The European Union is now a federation consisting of 27 European countries, still a huge force on the world stage. The UK will be independent like Switzerland, but their trade is so intertwined with Europe they still need the EU.

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/08/21 02:08 AM

So after all of this back-and-forth, they're no closer now to when they were under May?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/08/21 06:27 PM

I don't follow it that much either, but I think they wanted only close trade with no strings attached, for instance they now can control immigration. I think the patriotism will go on, country by country. You can't make decision for a nation from outside. It's amazing that's stood for this long.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/08/21 06:43 PM

If we've learned anything from this pandemic it's that the EU as a political organ is close to worthless.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/08/21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
If we've learned anything from this pandemic it's that the EU as a political organ is close to worthless.

I'm not in favor of the EU in its current form Brussels has too much power over national issues. But I do believe in a European trade union and an internal market however not with open borders like we now have.

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/09/21 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by afsaneh77
I don't follow it that much either, but I think they wanted only close trade with no strings attached, for instance they now can control immigration. I think the patriotism will go on, country by country. You can't make decision for a nation from outside. It's amazing that's stood for this long.

Not to hijack the thread but was curious how are you holding up afsaneh under our current dictator? (I mean President)?

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/09/21 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Irishman12
Not to hijack the thread but was curious how are you holding up afsaneh under our current dictator? (I mean President)?

Well, of all the executive orders he's signed, reviving the failed nuke deal was not one of them just yet. But people have lost all hope of regime change. The mood here is abandon hope all ye who enter here. He will eventually make a deal for them to stay. All mullah sympathizers are appointed and signs are telling the darkness will continue. I miss 45 and specially Sec. Pompeo who knew this regime like he lived here.

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/09/21 11:59 PM

I'm so sorry afsaneh77. It's always darkest before the dawn and I pray you don't have to wait 4 more years for that dawn to come.

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/10/21 06:25 AM

Thanks Irishman. Fingers crossed.

Re: The Brexit will be a good or a bad thing for UK? - 02/17/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Irishman12
I don't keep up with UK politics furio_from_naples. I thought Johnson was supposed to already have this resolved with May stepped down and he took over for her?

No,if the Scottish party will menage to made a new referendum? For sure at this turn they will lost the Scotland.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET