Home

Posters Disappearing

Posted By: fergie

Posters Disappearing - 08/18/20 09:09 PM

It’s a strange situation when regular posters and/or posters you’ve regularly pm’d back and forth just suddenly stop...you dunno what’s went on in their lives or, worst case, if they have actually died...!

I suppose it’s just the Internet life...!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/19/20 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by fergie
It’s a strange situation when regular posters and/or posters you’ve regularly pm’d back and forth just suddenly stop...you dunno what’s went on in their lives or, worst case, if they have actually died...!

I suppose it’s just the Internet life...!

...or alien abductions!
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/19/20 10:08 PM

It's all of the above I guess...every time I punch in here nobody is around..they all just vanished...none of the vets r around or dont post..maybe they just dont (or care) to give a shit about the newer ppl.......I'm suprised ur still posting olivant.....when I 1rst came on board ,, there were ALOT more ppl...It's a dam shame//
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/20/20 03:13 AM

I'll celebrate my 19th anniversary on these boards in two months. smile

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/20/20 04:29 AM

TB, I'm not far behind having been a resident here since 2003. However, between you and I and all of the other lifers, we've hashed and rehashed these Forum subjects so, so many times. It's somewhat still a way to spend idle hours, but I am approaching exhaustion of my knowledge and opinion. We are in the autumn of our Board years.

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/21/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by olivant
We are in the autumn of our Board years.

Cue up Frank Sinatra...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TeDfgUvyKHk

lol
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/21/20 10:16 PM

...However, between you and I and all of the other lifers, we've hashed and rehashed these Forum subjects so, so many times. It's somewhat still a way to spend idle hours, but I am approaching exhaustion of my knowledge and opinion. We are in the autumn of our Board years.

You may well think that, but I think Kindle word-count analysis of the novel will inspire years of thought-provoking...thought.

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/21/20 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by mustachepete
...However, between you and I and all of the other lifers, we've hashed and rehashed these Forum subjects so, so many times. It's somewhat still a way to spend idle hours, but I am approaching exhaustion of my knowledge and opinion. We are in the autumn of our Board years.

You may well think that, but I think Kindle word-count analysis of the novel will inspire years of thought-provoking...thought.

Madonne! Now I'll have to keep posting.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/26/20 05:45 AM

Im still here shhh

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/26/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by DE NIRO
Im still here shhh

Yes u r DE NIRO...& always offering tidbits about everthing & alot about music..much appreciated @ least by me!!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/26/20 10:51 PM

Im still here shhh

Same 🍻

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/26/20 11:47 PM

Olivant, I understand what you say about exhaustion of your knowledge and the rehashing of subjects, but I have to say, just bear in mind your posts are well appreciated by me, others and, I would imagine, the silent majority of people who continually visit the site...without guys like you and the others (they know who they are) we definitely would be stuck talking about the same things constantly.

Every now and then, there’s a new topic/poster/fact that’s keeps us all looking and interested relative to OC, but it’s not just that, it’s the subsequent day to day lessons given in manners, personal experiences and knowledge that I reckon people also are interested in.

GBB is one of those sites I think has managed to nail a niche topic, whilst still leaving great opportunities for the general topics (which I’m following more often as well). I personally hate Facebook, Twitter etc etc and this is a perfect option for me. You can drop in and out no probs...I suppose that gets back to the main question though!

And just a word to all the older posters who definitely still visit but have been disheartened because it’s not “like it was at the start”...well, whatever is? Get back in and share your much appreciated knowledge and experience on whatever topic on the site it might be..If you’re still visiting, your still interested (AND, please just reassure us your not deceased!)

Anyway, that’s what I think on this...:)

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/27/20 08:50 AM

I miss the good old days but times change and people change.

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/27/20 09:37 PM

Ever notice that it is'nt proper 2 talk politics or religion , ,Oak as Fan has dissapeared ??

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/28/20 07:26 PM

I got involved in that a few years back, but it just always ends up badly! There’s just never any good conclusion because those topics involve a persons beliefs which everyone eventually gets defensive about...best to keep away from it!
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/29/20 06:19 AM

There are still some of the old posters here and others have popped in after years away, only to MIA again. But that's life.

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/29/20 08:55 PM

Next to none of the original people post here and to think that is almost 20 years ago.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/29/20 09:48 PM

Next to none of the original people post here and to think that is almost 20 years ago.

Yup, it'll be 19 years for me in December eek
Posted By: Evita

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/30/20 12:18 AM

My two cents worth!

No doubt the board would have been busy and had a lot more traffic “like it was at the start”...

As regards the Godfather Trilogy forum, it is nice to see the senior members who still post, still have the love and passion for the movies

Sometimes, surprisingly we are teaching old threads new tricks! learning different perspectives from the various senior and junior members' diverse and informative views which no doubt enriches our enjoyment and understanding of Michael Corleone’s dilemmas and the movies in general

We are still debating in the spirit of the board, credit to the calibre of the movies and the forum members Let's keep it going

Congratulations! pre 2010 Turnbull, Irishman12, Olivant, DE NIRO, mustachepete
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/30/20 10:33 AM

I check in once in a while, been here since 2004. We used to have heated debates even in times of facebook and twitter, when many of us changed focus to social media. But then there was a ban on talks on politics and I came less often. I only have so much to talk about movies. Plus I'm busier now and the only thing I've managed to watch these past months even during quarantine was Curb Your Enthusiasm. smile

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/30/20 06:06 PM

Well, Afs, a "disappearing poster" has miraculously reappered! Good to see you!
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/30/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Well, Afs, a "disappearing poster" has miraculously reappered! Good to see you!

Thanks Turnbull, glad to see you as well. smile

Re: Posters Disappearing - 08/30/20 07:08 PM

I still think it's alien abductions or selective Rapture.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Posters Disappearing - 09/10/20 10:20 PM

It was just by 18th anniversary. I've stayed in touch with most of the friends I made here, and, sadly, have lost two of them. Hard to believe SC and Plaw are both gone. Always grateful to JG for creating this place.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Posters Disappearing - 09/12/20 01:11 PM

I come in & out to check the topics if anything catches my eye. I know for certain 1 oldie pack their bags for good and I'm feeling the same. Nice run on here.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Posters Disappearing - 09/13/20 05:41 AM

I blame social distancing...we’re supposed to stay at least 6mb away from each other...

Every time I see a forum topic that interests me, I read a handful of thoughtful posts and thorough replies, and I think to myself, “I got nothin’...”

tony b.
Posted By: Lenox

Re: Posters Disappearing - 10/09/20 01:12 PM

A lot has to do with no mob news stories.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Posters Disappearing - 10/12/20 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by hoodlum

Ever notice that it is'nt proper 2 talk politics or religion , ,Oak as Fan has dissapeared ??

Having that restriction, means extra effort and filtering. But where do you strike a balance??

Either way, I happy to have a place to discuss GF things, when they come up.

But the less people that come, means a less lively discussion on everything else..
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Posters Disappearing - 11/01/20 05:17 AM

Good to see y'all, and I apologize for having less time/energy the past few years. Seems it really started to slow down a lot after Plaw passed... that, and the onslaught of a-holes over the years... and of course, with the rise of social media, forums didn't stand a chance. But after 19+ years (plus a couple more on the old forums), it's hard to knock us out completely! wink
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Posters Disappearing - 11/05/20 02:43 PM

Hope you are all well, I havent posted here in a long time but I am good and hope you are too!
Posted By: Primo

Re: Posters Disappearing - 11/06/20 04:25 AM

I have been a regular viewer of these boards a while. I don't post very much because i don't have as much knowledge as some of you. but I truly appreciate this website a lot and the people on here. Thank you to you all that post quality content and lively discussions and for the advice to I have recieved over time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET