Home

Funniest comedian of all time

Posted By: fergie

Funniest comedian of all time - 05/07/20 03:13 AM

Guys, who's the best? Or at least post your most favorite!

Here's mine.

https://youtu.be/qzv6EhE7Cbo
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/07/20 05:22 PM

I'd say Jack Benny. Equally great as the comic or the straight man
Posted By: olivant

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/09/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by mustachepete
I'd say Jack Benny. Equally great as the comic or the straight man

Pete, Benny was surely one of the top ranked. However, rating comedians is like rating football players. There are so many variables. Benny, Skelton, Rickles among the foundation comedians who laid the groundwork for all comedians. I put my money on Bill Cosby.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/10/20 05:32 PM

I agree with Oli's football analogy--lots of different comedy situations. The best standup comics: Dangerfield, Hackett, Brooks and Winters. Benny was a great comic actor. Best comic actor ever: W.C. Fields.
Posted By: Dob_Peppino

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/10/20 05:51 PM

Richard Pryor, Jerry Lewis, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Don Rickles
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/10/20 07:03 PM

George Carlin
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/11/20 12:07 AM

Louis CK is the only comedian whose standup I would actually go out of my way to watch.

George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld and Rodney Dangerfield are pretty funny.

I like Robin Williams as an actor and a guest on talk shows but on the latter he can get pretty out of control.

I'm not much of a standup guy. I like seeing guys in interviews or in a roundtable setting but humor doesn't translate that well to me when they're doing it explicitly for an audience. For example I tried to watch a Robin Williams standup special but I just wasn't feeling it at all.

I'd rather watch guys like Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David or Louis CK shooting the breeze on Conan or Leno than watching a special any day of the week. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is good, too.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/11/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Louis CK is the only comedian whose standup I would actually go out of my way to watch.

George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld and Rodney Dangerfield are pretty funny.

I like Robin Williams as an actor and a guest on talk shows but on the latter he can get pretty out of control.

I'm not much of a standup guy. I like seeing guys in interviews or in a roundtable setting but humor doesn't translate that well to me when they're doing it explicitly for an audience. For example I tried to watch a Robin Williams standup special but I just wasn't feeling it at all.

I'd rather watch guys like Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David or Louis CK shooting the breeze on Conan or Leno than watching a special any day of the week. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is good, too.

I heard that!!
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/11/20 12:38 AM

Moe....read what i wrote ababout u in the what am i doing now thread...I love u bossman
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/11/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by fergie
Guys, who's the best? Or at least post your most favorite!

Here's mine.

https://youtu.be/qzv6EhE7Cbo

I have teared up laughing to bits by Jonathan Winters. And, also Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor.

My favorite comedian is Richard Pryor.

But there are so many great moments for stand-up comedians, which I am assuming is the focus of your thread vs. comedians in movies.

If I wanted to take the time, I could list 30 comedians worth listening to. They've all delivered --very-- funny bits in their careers.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Funniest comedian of all time - 05/20/20 08:57 PM

jack benny, eddie murphy, george carlin.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET