Home

Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry

Posted By: MaryCas

Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 11:55 AM

Here's our chance to rival the Quinnipiac College and Gallup Polls. Cast your vote please. Poll #1 will close October 30.
Posted By: QTN

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:03 PM

There is my vote!
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:17 PM

I'm in. I'm not gonna tell you who I voted for, though.

--------------------
Re-defeat G.W. Bush in '04
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:40 PM

I voted for Nader :rolleyes:
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:48 PM

Do I get to vote?!
Posted By: SC

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Do I get to vote?!
Sure. Just tell everyone you live in Florida.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 12:51 PM

Good idea Mary Cas. I was gonna do the same thing, even though I think we know which way this board will go. :p

Anyway, let's see how long before this thread turns into a political right/left battleground.

Right or left, you gotta admit this is probably the most exciting (for lack of a better word) election we will ever vote in.

TIS

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 01:23 PM

Just a couple questions though.

Can I have a paper ballot receipt?

Can we have a recount if I'm not satisfied with the result? :p

TIS

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 01:33 PM

Okay SC, thanks a lot.

I hereby say I live in Florida.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Can we have a recount if I'm not satisfied with the result? :p
Not if you live in Florida!
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 01:48 PM

My scientific analysis of this poll tells me that Kerry supporters get up earlier in the morning, or at least get on line earlier.

That, or maybe the conservative faction isn't the largest, just the most vocal.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 01:49 PM

Another honorary Floridian votes. :p

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
My scientific analysis of this poll tells me that Kerry supporters get up earlier in the morning, or at least get on line earlier.

That, or maybe the conservative faction isn't the largest, just the most vocal.
Ha ha Don Marco. I was thinking the same thing. We haven't seen the "wrath of the right" yet, but rest assured....it's coming!!

TIS
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 02:08 PM

I think it's no secret whom I voted for. I'm interested to see the final results here though.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 02:12 PM

Ok, I voted...and by the way here's a link to an electoral vote website.

http://www.electoral-vote.com

AppleOnYa

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Ok, I voted...and by the way here's a link to an electoral vote website.

http://www.electoral-vote.com

AppleOnYa
That's a good website. It explains how a 50/50 dead heat in the polls is essentially meaningless. The huge number of states for Bush in the midwest and south make it a really tough road for Kerry.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:11 PM

And I'm GLAD to see that my own State of NJ can STILL be considered battleground !!

Though I wouldn't be shocked to see it go BLUE on Nov. 2nd...still nice to know that right now it's in the 'weak Kerry' column.

Apple
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:16 PM

There's another vote. I'm kinda surprised at the results thus far.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:33 PM

I figure we'll let this simmer for awhile and then have poll number 2 on Oct 31, to see if it changes just before the real vote. I think all the right wingers are in school now. Gee, I forgot to vote! Flip-flop, flip-flop.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:33 PM

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
And I'm GLAD to see that my own State of NJ can STILL be considered battleground !!

Though I wouldn't be shocked to see it go BLUE on Nov. 2nd...still nice to know that right now it's in the 'weak Kerry' column.

Apple
I am really surprised at that too - NJ is part of the democrat machine. I think the S.Jersey region is strongly pro-Bush, but the north is transplanted NYers
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
[quote]Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] And I'm GLAD to see that my own State of NJ can STILL be considered battleground !!

Apple
I am really surprised at that too - NJ is part of the democrat machine. I think the S.Jersey region is strongly pro-Bush, but the north is transplanted NYers [/b][/quote]Don Marco, I'm not looking to get into a debate over this I can just tell you what I know and have heard from other people in NJ. It is very close to NY which is an obvious target and most do not feel that Kerry can protect the U.S. So not only do some fear about having another attack on NY that can effect NJ but there are also tons of people who work in NY and live in NJ. I know of at least 40 people that I've talked to who have said they don't agree with Bush on ANY issue but they feel a lot safter under Bush than Kerry.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 03:53 PM

Don Marco...

Don't know if you've heard a recent radio ad put out by the NJ Republicans pretty much depicting jobs for $$$ and the NJ Gov't being for sale by the Democrats. It's a hilarious but biting piece...they even reference and make fun of Jim McGreevy & the 'Machioavellian' code word useage.

It's a terrific ad, and I hope the residents of NJ pay attention to it. After all, how many corrupt politicians have to resign in this State before the people get the message!!

Best,
Apple
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 05:39 PM

i'm so dumb, its too late for me to register in my state. talk about last minute, sheesh.
well atleast i got a chance to vote here!

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 06:17 PM

pacino princess...

Unless you would've cast a vote for Kerry... SHAME SHAME !!!!

Make sure you register at some point after the election then at least you'll be ready for the next one!

Apple
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 06:43 PM

Why on earth wouldn't they allow people to register up until election day? That's stoopit.

Luckily I've voted at least every 4 years (Prez & Govs only, usually) so haven't had to worry about that since I was 18.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 06:58 PM

Good question JGeoff...but I guess it would be chaos if too many 'Last-minute-Annies' waited until day before election day to register. And you KNOW there are plenty who would!!

Anyway, each State has its own particular deadline...check on link below.

http://www.fec.gov/votregis/state_voter_reg_deadlines02.htm

Apple
Posted By: Nyah

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 07:51 PM

ross perot... oh oops, he's not a choice?
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 11:00 PM

Ok the vote from West Virginia is in. And I think Y'all know who I voted for.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Why on earth wouldn't they allow people to register up until election day? That's stoopit.

Geoff,

I asked my local councilman the very same question. The answer was that it takes x amount of days to run checks on those who are registering to make sure that they are : legal citizens of the country, have a legal address in the district & state in which they are registering, have NOT registered in two different districts or states, and for criminal background checks. The length of time for these checks varies from state to state because of the size of different states and the laws of different states. That is why in certain states you can register up to 2 weeks before elections to vote, and in other states as much as a month before. What could happen is that if they allowed people to register at the very last minute there would be no time for background checks, or multiple registration checks, and you could get people who vote 2 or 3 times in the election! Let's face it, our election process may still have many flaws in it, but over all it has worked for a very long time and so far no one else has come up with a better system.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 11:34 PM

I think the last day to register in Cali is the 13th. Being such a big state, and harder to do background checks, you'd think other states would have it later than us. I voted too, by the way. But I won't say for whom... big mystery, huh? I hope you all can sleep tonight, despite this question in the back of your mind.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/12/04 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Ok the vote from West Virginia is in. And I think Y'all know who I voted for.
Represent!!!!!!!!! heh...

Umm.. can I vote even though I'm only 17? If not, I understand.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 01:46 AM

Where's Nader?

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] Why on earth wouldn't they allow people to register up until election day? That's stoopit.

Geoff,

I asked my local councilman the very same question. The answer was that it takes x amount of days to run checks on those who are registering to make sure that they are : legal citizens of the country, have a legal address in the district & state in which they are registering, have NOT registered in two different districts or states, and for criminal background checks. The length of time for these checks varies from state to state because of the size of different states and the laws of different states. That is why in certain states you can register up to 2 weeks before elections to vote, and in other states as much as a month before. What could happen is that if they allowed people to register at the very last minute there would be no time for background checks, or multiple registration checks, and you could get people who vote 2 or 3 times in the election! Let's face it, our election process may still have many flaws in it, but over all it has worked for a very long time and so far no one else has come up with a better system.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]DC speaking of voting 2 or 3 times I will send you a link if you are interested but a guy in Florida was arrested a few days ago for reregistering 1500 voters with false information so that he could vote for them. How was he caught?? He tried to reregister the mayor of the town

Makes you wonder how many other states this is going on in..
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 04:24 AM

Seeing as we're talking about Florida here, I doubt it's going on in any other states... remember, they've got all these original voting techniques there.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Seeing as we're talking about Florida here, I doubt it's going on in any other states... remember, they've got all these original voting techniques there.
lol but after Tereza Heins Kerry's statement of "Vote early and vote often" that has to make you think
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 06:13 AM

I'm one of those undecided voters. I will probably end up going to the poles though because I have a semi-friend running for state rep. I'm really sick of the whole iraq thing, but I don't think it's such an awful thing that a merciless tyrant was driven out. i dunno. *shrugs*

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 12:42 PM

All this talk about registering and voting got me to thinking. The first election I could vote for Pres. was in 1972 (you had to be 21 back then). I voted for George McGovern who lost in one of the most lopsided elections in history. Nixon was reelected and never finished his second term. Tricky Dick was caught lying and covering up.

I voted in all Pres elections after that 76,80,84,88,92,96, but missed 2000. I was on a business trip in Atlanta, then drove to Nashville in the afternoon for a trade show. Gore was suppose to have his victory party there. Three weeks later I was in England and the Brits were asking us if we elected a President yet. 2004.....who knows?

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 01:10 PM

Our election laws are so much different with the US. We don't have to register to vote. Our birth certificates are kind of like passport and there is a page that is used for election stamps. We only can vote with our birth certificate. Also it does not matter in which city we vote either because we don't have that electrol voting system. Our President is being elected only with the popular vote. It was very strange for me the first time I heard about electrol votes and it took me a little while to understand how it works.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 01:37 PM

Do you realize that our poll here on the BB is very similar & close like all the national polls are?? Some show Kerry slightly ahead, and some show Bush slightly ahead. No matter how you slice it, it seems it'll be extremely close, if these polls are to be believed.

TIS

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Do you realize that our poll here on the BB is very similar & close like all the national polls are?? Some show Kerry slightly ahead, and some show Bush slightly ahead. No matter how you slice it, it seems it'll be extremely close, if these polls are to be believed.

TIS
Maybe we should contact a major news agency. Afterall, we're just as representative of the voting population as any other poll.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
Driving back from St. Louis yesterday, I was listening to article on NPR. I cannot remember the county in Ohio that they were discussing. However, the county clerk was concerend as there are now more people registered to vote that live in the county according to the last census. Seems a little fishy to me!
Partagas it does seem a little fishy but the census was 4 years ago, so if they are expanding in that town alot it is "possible".
But like I said before with a guy registering 1500 voters in Florida, they need to start cracking down on who exactly is registered. Make sure each person is registered ONCE and only votes ONCE.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/13/04 03:44 PM

oh WOW.......lol I thought you just meant above voting age. Are they just "concerned" with it or are they DOING something about it??
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/14/04 12:11 AM

Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/14/04 05:21 AM

I voted although I'm pretty sure I don't need to mention who I voted for.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 02:13 AM

I cant bring up the results, so if the next person who votes would kindly post the results thusfar, it would be greatly apperciated.

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 02:16 AM

28 -27 Bush is winning
Posted By: Patches

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 02:28 AM

Got my vote in. And as for who I voted for, let's just say it's 28-28 now .

By the way, I got my voter registration card today! I'm so excited! My very first election YAY!

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 02:39 AM

Yea Patchie!!!!

I never would have guessed the BB would have these results. There must be more that didn't vote. Either that or the liberals just aren't as outspoken as the conservatives :p and are sitting back reading but not posting.

TIS
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 03:00 AM

Tis, what were you expecting it to show?

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 03:04 AM

FS,

I would have laid money on Bush having a considerable lead on the BB poll. Don't you think that there are way more Bush supporters here than Kerry??? Geez, glad I didn't bet on it.

TIS
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/15/04 03:30 AM

Not really, I think if you factor in all the people outside the US who always seem to hate the present leadership.
What does it really show? Not much as many who voted were either underage or outside the USA.
Many outside the boards polls do show things neck and neck so I guess that may be the interesting part. They match other findings.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/19/04 01:04 AM

Ok, I voted.

No, really.

Today was the first day of early voting in my area. I drove 20 miles to the County Courthouse to beat the November 2nd rush.

The Albuquerque Journal reported this past weekend that Albuquerque is only 2nd to Miami nationwide in the number of political ads in radio, television and print. It is to the point where we don't even see beer or fast food commercials anymore and it is explained that New Mexico (usually high Democratic turnout) is one of the "deciding" states. Both candidates are clearly trying to court the Hispanic and Native American vote.

What was interesting is for the first time, I voted using an electronic computer with a touch screen. I was given a card which looks like a hotel passkey to insert into my machine to record my precinct number. I was really not comfortable with this method. On this particular day there was much disorganization. A guy next to me had the wrong precinct number entered on his card and had to resubmit his card to the pollworker to get it corrected. Many older people were confused what to touch on the screen and to tell the truth, I prefer to see as little interaction between the pollworkers and the voters as possible as to not taint the process. You never want to think that people are being "helped" in their decision on who to vote for!

In the most recent issue of Newsweek it is reported at least 6 equipment methods are being used nationwide to record votes:

Paper ballots = .6%
Punch Cards = 18.6%
Optical Scan = 32%
Lever = 13%
Electronic = 29%
Mixed (ind. townships decide) = 6.8%

So much for consistency!

So, as far as demographics - I am a white, 35-45 year old professional woman, with a median household income of $120,000 - $150,000 annually. I am vehemently opposed to the death penalty and believe in a woman's right to choose. Yes, you read correctly.

Not that it matters, but I am a registered Democrat. I did not, nor do I EVER vote a straight party ticket. I voted for a few Republicans and probably a few more Democrats. I voted against most of the general obligation bonds that were up for review and voted to retain the judges who were up for retention.

I voted Kerry/Edwards. Guess my vote is not up for debate as it has already happened.

All I can say is I have voted in every election since I turned 18. People who do have the right need to exercise it.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/19/04 12:04 PM

This is actually my first presidential election I'm voting in, and yes I voted yesterday.

However, since I live in a southern state that is guaranteed to go to the Dubya, I dunno if my vote actually mattered in this state. However, I rest in sleep knowing that my vote won't be thrown out or disqualified in a court decision that has seemed to be guaranteed in some of these swing states.

Oh, and who did I vote for? Lets just say that I'm voting for the guy that I feel is less likely to call up a military draft than the other guy(but I still feel its likely under these two stooges).

Really, if a draft does occur, me and many many many amigos of mine plan to either drive off and go into Canada or Mexico and get drunk/laid while we wait it out until a President pulls a Jimmy Carter and give us amnesty. Yup, history repeats itself.

Though I can see the two candidates seem to use this draft issue to scare the younger voters into stepping in-line with their campaigns. Thank god I'm not that naive and say "Bah".

Re: Gangster BB Voter Poll #1: Bush v. Kerry - 10/19/04 01:33 PM

I guess I've been sheltered. I never heard of voting before election day. I doesn't happen in NY as far as I know....or does it?

EDIT
Answer to my own question: 32 states have pre-election day voting. NY doesn't.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET