Home

Christmas dislikes?

Posted By: Turnbull

Christmas dislikes? - 11/22/18 05:40 PM

What don't you like about the Christmas season? I'll start with two of mine, from when I was at work:

1. The Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend, all the secretaries and clerks brought in their box radios, and played Christmas songs continuously. Each song was repeated at least 10 - 15 times daily. I swore that if I heard "Little Drummer Boy" one more time, I'd take a baseball bat to each of those box radios. mad

2. The office "holiday luncheon": I spent all year working closely 8 -12 hours daily with people, most of whom I wouldn't choose to spend a minute with otherwise. But, the boss decrees that we have to have a Christmas luncheon" to "eat, drink and be merry."

The event supposedly starts at noon in the private room of a local restaurant. Of course no one shows up before 1 p.m., the better to look "too busy" to leave the office at noon. The one waitress assigned to our group of 35 takes drink orders for the next hour and a half because that's how the restaurant makes money. She doesn't start taking lunch orders until 2:30 or so. The meals don't start arriving for another hour or so, and they dribble out four or five at a time, so that people are still eating at 5. And all I wanted to do that noontime was go out for a run... mad

Yours?
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Christmas dislikes? - 11/22/18 07:01 PM

I guess it's gifts. I have a lot of siblings, and every few years we get a pact going among adults where we only buy gifts for kids. It seems like that works beautifully - no stress of shopping, and we all have too much crap anyway. But it always falls apart over time, people start saying this isn't really a gift or that isn't really for Christmas. It's not caring, it's obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Christmas dislikes? - 11/22/18 08:34 PM

I have none!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Christmas dislikes? - 11/22/18 10:12 PM

We have a two month build up too Christmas. We worry about what to buy for our family, what to cook and then it's over and we move onto the next thing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET