Home

Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening

Posted By: SC

Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:43 AM

I just got home from a thoroughly enjoyable evening meeting up with some board members.

Our Don, Geoff, plawrence, Turnbull, and fresh from California TIS and Saladbar met with me and my friend for dinner and drinks.

Did you ever spend an enjoyable evening with people that you felt you knew for your whole life? Tonight was one of those nights!

Conversation flowed freely (as did some alcoholic beverages) and sadly it ended too fast.

Pictures will follow (when the alcohol wears off and allows for figuring out how to download the pix).
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:46 AM

You rude people, you didn't invite your Forum Asshole™? tongue
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 05:10 AM

It was a GREAT evening - and yes - ended way too soon (damn last bus for me leaves the city at 11:15pm ohwell )...!! SC is right... we talked like we had known each other forever... thoroughly enjoyable!!

Turnbull *does* know everything about the Mob - incredible what he's got stored in that head of his! TB, time to write a book!! grin Great meeting up with you!!

And it was GREAT meeting SB and TIS!! SB, sorry I had to leave in the middle of that conversation frown And TIS, I look forward to meeting up with you and SC Wednesday for the Sopranos tour!!

And Plaw and SC - always a pleasure, of course! If it was still Summer, I'd invite you down to Da Shaw. Perhaps we'll do AC sometime...

And Vercetti - What happened to your invitation?? confused Rude mo-fo standing us up like that! ohwell rolleyes tongue grin
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:08 AM

all i can say is WOW! what an experience, all the bigwigs of the number One board in one evening. looking forward for the pics Fellas. . .

GoodFella

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:13 AM

Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
Fellas. . .
And babes... lol grin
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
We would have, but we figured Monday is a school day.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:36 AM

Sometime during the middle of our meal it was (wisely and soberly) decided we should memorialize the night by capturing a few moments on film. Here's the first of a few pics. Its all six of us members - (from left to right) Turnbull, SC, Saladbar, TIS, plawrence, Geoff.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:39 AM

You're not an asshole!

You're just amazingly annoying, unlikeable, stupid, immature, fucked up, irritating, and childish.

No, I'm just fucking with you man. That's not half of it. wink wink

Man, what a cruel mood I'm in.

You guys sound like you have so much fun. I'd love to do that sometime.

As I say in every thread like this, YOU RICH BASTARDS, COME DOWN HERE! It's about freaking time...

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:56 AM

Brian DePalma had his "Untouchables":
[Linked Image]

Here's our board's version:
(from left to right) Geoff, Turnbull, SC, plawrence
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 02:51 PM

Of course they invited me!! But I wasn't able to make it.

Hey, guys...I was thinking about your get together as last weekend drew near. Glad everyone had a good time!!

AppleOnYa
Posted By: LisaNY

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 02:57 PM

Looks like you went to Carmine's ? One of my favorites - wish I could have been there!

Lisa
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 03:46 PM

Wow! This is awesome! Thanks for posting those pics, SC. Keep em, coming, please. I have a lot of friends in NY (one friend is doing a Master's at NYU, ex-girlfriend is doing hers at Columbia, another friend doing her neurology residency at Cornell, another doing his med school rotations in Coney Island, and another friend doing law school at Fordham), so if I ever come out, I'll have to drop some of you a line.

TIS and Salad - you two seem like best friends now! A trip all the way out to New York!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:01 PM

Just for the record, before someone notices: I was NOT trying to grab SB's boobs in that first shot! lol I was told to squeeze in lol
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:16 PM

Geoff, pardon my bluntess....but you HAVE lost weight!

We shall call you Jarrod from now on grin
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:42 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
Just for the record, before someone notices: I was NOT trying to grab SB's boobs in that first shot! lol I was told to squeeze in lol
None one would blame you if you were Geoff wink
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 04:56 PM

Yum, Carmines. Glad to see you had a enjoyable evening, despite the grabbing. Actually I just heard first hand from TIS and SB. I walked them over to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Ferry. I met them at the South Ferry 1&9 subway station, we had a cup of coffee at Au Bon Pain (not as cool as Carmines) and then through Battery Park to the ferry. They said the meeting of the Four Families and the Molinaris from West Coast was very cogenial; like you've been friends for a long time. Come to think of it, this board has a way of doing that. They are couple of great ladies. I'm sure they will enjoy the day.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 05:02 PM

Thanks for the update, my Kraut-Mick friend! smile I hope the weather holds out for them...
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 05:41 PM

Dam, that looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
We have to get those picture lighten so we can see better. Seems to me it was the meeting of the OLDER part of the board!

Then again how may kids are going to head off to New York City and have the money to spend. NYC isn't Cheap that is for sure! Last time the old man took us there I think the rooms were $400.00 a night and dinner for six of us was almost a grand. Christ they even charge you for parking your car and that includes them going thru your stuff and stealing an item or two! and you are tipping them!

Next time maybe I could hit the old man up for some travel cash and attend! I'll tell him if would be a group study or something!
So glad to see things work out for everyone and they say that people are all nuts on the internet!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:04 PM

Originally posted by fathersson:
get those picture lighten so we can see better.
Done smile
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:16 PM

Aw, you guys look like you had lots of fan. I wish I could be with you all. That makes me sad! Five of my favorite posters meeting in a restaurant.

Do you have more pictures? Did you only talked about Mafia and the GF?

You didn't gossip on the other posters did you wink ?

SC- You have an uncanny resemblence with Connery lol

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:19 PM

Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
Five of my favorite posters...
There were 6 of us... I'm not one of your favorites?? confused tongue grin

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:23 PM

[b]Five of my favorite posters...
There were 6 of us... I'm not one of your favorites?? confused tongue grin [/b]
Hell. I counted wrong. Yeah Don J you are the other one. I could count MaryCas too though he wasn't wityh you all in the restaurant.

How was the veal?

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:54 PM

[b]
[b]Five of my favorite posters...
There were 6 of us... I'm not one of your favorites?? confused tongue grin [/b]
How was the veal? [/b]
[SC]Oh it was to die for! [/SC] grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 06:55 PM

Pictures look alot better now, Good Job!

How much crap did Pee-Lawrence give you guys about Fantasy baseball? lol

I've got to tell you, both Pee-Larewnce and Turnbull look different then the pictures in the members thread.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:17 PM

That's great! It's nice to know some folks here have the opportunity to actually meet and shoot the bull, thus putting more tangible personalities to these cyber nicknames, posts, etc. I envy y'all, but I'm glad for ya'll, too. If you're ever in Memphis.... wink

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:24 PM

Originally posted by fathersson:
How much crap did Pee-Lawrence give you guys about Fantasy baseball? lol
Plenty.

I've got to tell you, both Pee-Larewnce and Turnbull look different then the pictures in the members thread.
It's the tan and mustache (which I had for 35 years, shaved off last year, and just grew back) for me.

For Turnbull, I think, it's just old age. wink
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:28 PM

You all look a lot younger than the Members' thread. And the ladies? Well, they looked young anyway. wink

Turnbull, so you do exist! Glad you guys had a great time! Was there much talk about the BB? Were the four non-moderators giving tips as to how to run it? Yes? So, when am I becoming moderator? tongue

Well done for organising what looks like a smashing meeting, guys! Looking forward to some more pics.

Mick
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:43 PM

I'm glad to see you all had a good time. I myself am going to New York on Oct 11-13.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
I'm glad to see you all had a good time. I myself am going to New York on Oct 11-13.
My birthday is October 12th. I'd love to go to New York then, and meet all you guys! smile

Mick
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 07:52 PM

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I went to New York in the summer of 02 and I loved it. I hope I can go there again soon!

P.S. I also have an October birthday wink

Riley
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 08:23 PM

WOW, guys this is sooo exciting! Wish I could've been there, really. sooooooooooo...whadija guys talk about? smile
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
[b] I'm glad to see you all had a good time. I myself am going to New York on Oct 11-13.
My birthday is October 12th. I'd love to go to New York then, and meet all you guys! smile

Mick [/b]
That would be great! Mine is on the 6th, but I chose the weekend of the 11th because it is a three day weekend (Columbus Day).

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 08:56 PM

Originally posted by pacino princess:
sooooooooooo...whadija guys talk about? smile
OK, I'll be the one to answer the big question...

Yeah, we talked a lot about other members. We must have mentioned at least 30 or so. It was a regular "gossip fest". blush wink
Posted By: lil_mafioso

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:03 PM

Wow, that is Mad awesome! It looks like so much fun!Love the pics!
smile smile orange
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:23 PM

My quick report wink :

SC: the proverbial avuncular teddy bear. Plus he has a *way* cool gurlfriend (Hi L *waves*). Hold on to her tight SC.
P.Lawrence: DOES kind of look like Al Pacino closeup.
J-Off: The Don of Hearts, a sweetheart with a low voice
Turnbull: Lucky me, since neither of us smoke we got to talk a lot while the rest were putting another layer of black tar on their lungs and arteries. Fascinating man in all respects
MaryCas: whatta guy. Gaves us great directions, met us, guided us and then planned our next outing. Thanks Mary! Your directions really saved us.
TIS: What can I say. We always get along! ANd you all know what a bitch I am smile .

I'm really happy to meet all of you. I am genuinely, really no lie, impressed by the brains, wit and general "fun-ness" of you guys. I wish I could see you all the time.

I got some great pics, downloaded them onto my laptop, and then my laptop fried on me. Hopefully when I'm in the office on Weds I can recover my hard drive. I hate technology sometimes.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:46 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] sooooooooooo...whadija guys talk about? smile

Yeah, we talked a lot about other members. We must have mentioned at least 30 or so. It was a regular "gossip fest". blush wink [/b]
ok, so spill it -what did you guys say about me? wink tongue

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:48 PM

[b]

Yeah, we talked a lot about other members. We must have mentioned at least 30 or so. It was a regular "gossip fest". blush wink [/b]
ok, so spill it -what did you guys say about me? wink tongue [/b]
Oh shuttap Pee-Pee. We ALL know they were commenting on how sexy DV is! eek lol

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 09:50 PM

I also noticed Turnbull and Plawrence looking different.

Yeah, we talked a lot about other members. We must have mentioned at least 30 or so. It was a regular "gossip fest".

Really? Ahem, who were the fortunate posters? I bet Vercetti was the most popular of us all (heavy sarcasm)

TIS: What can I say. We always get along! ANd you all know what a bitch I am .

That ain't true and ya know it. You've a low self-esteem wink

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

P.S. Capo:

My birthday is October 12th.

No joke! I was born in Oct. 19th!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 10:09 PM

Another group shot....this time its of all seven of us, including my best friend, Lori (white blouse on left). Note Geoff holding his arm in pain after it was almost broken by Saladbar when he tried to grab her boob (j/k).

[Linked Image]

I used to be weary of meeting people off the internet. I've been very pleasantly "surprised" by all those whom I've met from these boards, and last night's additions (TIS, Saladbar and Turnbull) are certainly no exceptions. What a warm, fun and interesting group of people!!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 10:16 PM

Also - Thanks to plawrence for arranging our outings, and making all the reservations, etc. He sure knows his restaurants!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 10:24 PM

SC, you are totally right!! Seemed like we were all old friends. What a pleasure to finally meet you. You are just as much fun off the board as you are on the board. My best to your GF "L", who by the way, I think is just wonderful. (Hi L!! smile )

Geoff, how many people can say they spent the evening with a "Don" hu???? I look forward to the Sopranos tour (make sure we connect sometime before then ok? I need to know where we'll meet). Besides, I think I'll appoint myself as your "Bada Bing" chaperone. lol SC wants me to start kicking ass, so I think I'll start with you. lol

P. Lawrence, you have been great throughout all my plans to visit, with your patience answering my many questions. I thank you for putting it all together. A plesaure meeting you.

Turnbull, I am still in awe my friend. So honored that you joined us. You are one of the smartest and all round knowledgeable people I know. Thanks

Mary Cas, what a gem you are. Maybe men don't like to ask for directions, but you sure give great ones. I like the way you think. It was so nice to see you.

What can I say, I think I am in love with all this guys!!! Whoever said New "Yawkers" (see, I'm picking up the lingo) aren't friendly are dead wrong. Geoff, SC, TB, PL, Mary Cas you are all the BEST!!!

TIS
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 10:46 PM

Truly a wonderful evening! It was so great meeting everyone! And having adult conversation. Another reason why this is the best site on the Web!
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 11:04 PM

I wonder if I got mentioned? wink

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/15/03 11:08 PM

Your meetings are truly inspiring. Hopefully next summer I will be posting pics of my fellow Filipino board members after my trip to the Philippines. Branching out to that region of the world would be a huge step for this board!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 01:30 AM

I just want to say that I am absolutely pea-green, emerald, chartreuse, etc. with envy!! You guys look like you had the best time!!

Ladies, I'm glad that you enjoyed your dinner and I hope that the weather clears up for you. New York is a great place, but of course I'm biased. How was San Gennaro?

So glad that the evening was a success and that your fellow board members were as much fun in person as they are on the boards!!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 01:34 AM

Hi, Lori! [Linked Image]

(Bet that smilie brings back "good" memories to SC! lol )

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 03:45 AM

[b]ok, so spill it -what did you guys say about me? wink tongue
Oh shuttap Pee-Pee. We ALL know they were commenting on how sexy DV is! eek lol [/b]
Um. I wish I could remember exactly what I said. confused But I KNOW my definition of sexy isn't a synonymous with DV in any form of consciousness.

Sorry Pee-pee, don't remember if I mentioned you. Give me a few drinks and my mouth goes into slippery tough and chewy in the middle light speed bliss. Guys, didn't I call DV a dork? wink (not really ... I think ...).

(getting you back for the Marlon pic Vershits)

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 04:22 AM

Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
Your meetings are truly inspiring. Hopefully next summer I will be posting pics of my fellow Filipino board members after my trip to the Philippines. Branching out to that region of the world would be a huge step for this board!
looking forward to that "Meeting of the Pinoy Mafia's" Don C. wink

GoodFella

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 05:37 AM

For what it's worth, I do NOT have elephantitis, as it appears in that last pic SC posted! lol

SC - How 'bout some standing-up shots? grin wink
Posted By: Hollywood Hagan

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 06:42 AM

For what it's worth, I do NOT have elephantitis, as it appears in that last pic SC posted! lol
lol There is nothing like some good genital humor. lol

Turnbull, you look much different from the picture that you had posted before.

Plawrence, I like the 'stache. You look like a bad dude.

It looks like you all had a great time. Congratulations, I am truly envious. I'd be honored to meet anyone from the BB!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 07:25 AM

Hopefully next summer I will be posting pics of my fellow Filipino board members after my trip to the Philippines. Branching out to that region of the world would be a huge step for this board!
I'll bet that would be waaaaay cool for all you guys. Some of my favorite (board) members are from that area, and I'd love to see the pics.
Posted By: don papa

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 12:59 PM

Originally posted by SC:
I'll bet that would be waaaaay cool for all you guys. Some of my favorite (board) members are from that area, and I'd love to see the pics. [/QUOTE]

does that include me? wink

i'm back!!! i was gone for about six months, and i really missed the board. when i saw this topic (and the photos), geez, i was so green with envy! wow! wow! wow!

but, hey, i didn't recognize the boys (the girls look the same). you guys looked totally different from the photos you posted. smile

if everything turns out well for me, i hope to see you guys late next year ... when i've migrated to the U.S. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. my interview at the embassy is on October 7.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 01:54 PM

Originally posted by don papa:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SC:
i'm back!!! i was gone for about six months, and i really missed the board.
Were you really gone for six months. DonP? Time really does fly, doesn't it. Maybe not for you, as you missed us, but it certainly doesn't seem six months ago since you departed.

Anyway, welcome back! grin

Mick

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Hollywood Hagan:
It looks like you all had a great time. Congratulations, I am truly envious. I'd be honored to meet anyone from the BB!
HH,
As I mentioned before, if you guys make it to the Rose Bowl, we should hang out.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 04:00 PM

I'm quite jealous, i'd love to meet loads of people from this board and everyone from that meeting especially, you're all good people. Us Brits should do something similar sometime. Who have we got? Mick from Newcy, FH from Yorkshire somewhere, Uk don from Brummie land, another Mick, Researcher from Surrey and Wiseguy1972 too. We have a decent bunch of us. If i've missed you out give me a shout people.

I'd love to meet Michael Montana Mancini too, he has a bit of a temper about him, I would like to see if it's applicable in real life too.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 06:27 PM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] Hopefully next summer I will be posting pics of my fellow Filipino board members after my trip to the Philippines. Branching out to that region of the world would be a huge step for this board!
I'll bet that would be waaaaay cool for all you guys. Some of my favorite (board) members are from that area, and I'd love to see the pics. [/b]
Does that include me SC? grin
hey DonPapa good to see you and Welcome back! wink

GoodFella

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 06:41 PM

Short update folks! My friend SB left today so here I am taking on NYC. The weather is "perfect" today. Sunny and about 75 or so maybe. smile

Tomorrow is the Soprano's tour which I am totally jazzed about. I think I'll look for a Carmella Soprano shirt to wear. What do ya think?? wink Shopping is always on my agenda.

SC, Geoff, Lori, see ya tomorrow. smile

And please put in a request for no hurricanes while TIS is in town or I'll have to whip someone's ass!!! grin

TIS

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 06:47 PM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
And please put in a request for now hurricanes while TIS is in town or I'll have to whip someone's ass!!! grin

TIS
Whip mine TIS! I still have those Goddamn veins lol
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 07:47 PM

Hey Soprano Tour Group:
If you stop at the Bada Bing ask for my booth. Tell them the Kraut sent ya. grin
Have a great time!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'm quite jealous, i'd love to meet loads of people from this board and everyone from that meeting especially, you're all good people. Us Brits should do something similar sometime. Who have we got? Mick from Newcy, FH from Yorkshire somewhere, Uk don from Brummie land, another Mick, Researcher from Surrey and Wiseguy1972 too. We have a decent bunch of us. If i've missed you out give me a shout people.

Turi, I'd absolutely love to meet up with some people on here. Unfortunately, I'm 15, and am a bit young right now. My exams will be over by this time next year, though, and will hopefully have a job (at least part-time). My dad said he would come with me if I wanted to meet up, but frankly, I'd rasther him not, if you know what I mean. smile So hang on for about a couple of years, and we could definitely meet up sometime.

Mick

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 08:17 PM

And please put in a request for now hurricanes while TIS is in town or I'll have to whip someone's ass!!! grin

TIS
TIS, you are getting about abit aren't you!? It's great, I envy you very much, meeting up with the others!

Those hurricanes look quite bad. But let's not even think about that! Good old Vito Spatafore could hold those winds back! lol

Get his autograph, for me, will ya? And then you can scan it in and send me it. smile

Mick
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/16/03 11:52 PM

Originally posted by SC:
Brian DePalma had his "Untouchables":
[Linked Image]

Here's our board's version:
(from left to right) Geoff, Turnbull, SC, plawrence
[Linked Image]
Look, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
[Linked Image]

Hope you'se all had a Great Time. Reuinions bring us togetehr.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 12:25 AM

And please put in a request for no hurricanes while TIS is in town or I'll have to whip someone's ass!!!
The latest tracking of the hurricane shows the pressure in the middle of the storm has dropped a little (indicating a slight stengthening) and it has taken a more northerly jog (NxNW). Even though The Weather Channel doesn't admit it, the new "target" is the Jersey coast. Batten down the hatches, Geoff!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 12:37 AM

SC - How 'bout some standing-up shots?
Sorry, Geoff, but the one shot I had of us standing up (at the bar BEFORE dinner) didn't come out (the file is corrupt). frown

The only shot I have of ONE of us standing is below. By this point of the evening Geoff had given up trying to grab Saladbar's boob; now he was trying to bite it! lol

[Linked Image]

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 05:12 PM

Originally posted by Partagas:
... I am sure the food was wonderful, the drinks better, but the comraderie and confersation absolutely wonderful...
And speaking of the food, anybody want to tell us what you had & how it was??? JGeoff did you get the cappelini w/ seafood again? Did all share a cold antipasto & fried calamari?? Was the wine robust & full-bodied???

Please, you must tell me. I'm certain those plates/glasses did not stay empty the entire evening!!

AppleOnYa

PS - We're having lasagne & then rum cake tomorrow (Sept 18th) for my mother's b'day, so I can handle your mouthwatering descriptions of authentic Italian cuisine!!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 05:19 PM

Apple, I was really pleasantly surprised by Carmine's--for a place that emphasizes quantity (and they serve enormous portions)--the food was astonishingly good. We were seven good eaters, and we made out with one salad, three appetizers (zuppa di mussels, fried calamari, zucchini sticks) and three main courses (veal marsala, shrimp scampi and a four-pastas platter that could have fed Caesar's legions). Plus one dessert. Plus wine and drinks. plawrence chose wisely and well! smile

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 05:41 PM

Thanks, Turnbull!!

[Linked Image]

You've made my day I can practically taste it all!

I'll just HAVE to find a way to make the next 'gathering'.

Apple

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/17/03 07:43 PM

And please put in a request for no hurricanes while TIS is in town or I'll have to whip someone's ass!!! grin
Whattaya going to do? Tip them to death? Actually there is a beautiful photo of the hurricane here:
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_87.html

Originally posted by SC:
Saladbar's boob
So much shenanigans about something so almost nonexistent! wink J-Off is still alive so blame everything on optical illusions. I have some nice pics of MaryCas that I may post tomorrow if I get his permission. Or maybe not.

Apple, I can not add to Turnbull's description. The food was good and in enormous trough size proportions. We all looked just like those parents morphing into pigs in that wonderful Japanese animation "Spirited Away".

(If you haven't heard of it, get it. Get all of Hayao Miyazaki films...your daughter will love 'em too).

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/18/03 04:15 PM

SB,

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. I walked in my room after yesterdays Soprano's tour dinner & drinks, and was ready to crash. However, when I went in my room, the bathroom ceiling was leaking with plaster/water all over...a big mess. Well, I had to pack everything up and change rooms at about midnight. ohwell Last thing I felt like doing, but turned out well because they gave me even a nicer room.

Apple, we had so much food at dinner I can't even remember everything we had. The Calamri was fantastic as was everything else. P.L. ordered some tera mesu (sp???) which ended up being left on the table barely eaten. It was definitely quite a feast. I loved it!!!

TIS

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/18/03 07:44 PM

Two more pictures.

[Linked Image]
MaryCas and TIS at Battery Park. Mary wrote clear idiot proof & well-tested directions to this location for us. (Still we left the hotel with a good map, compass, several day provisions, number for a rescue service...not really wink )

[Linked Image]
Salad and TIS with the Statue of Liberty between us. (see, I am a little taller! [Linked Image])

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/18/03 08:10 PM

Originally posted by Saladbar:

Salad and TIS with the Statue of Liberty between us. (see, I am a little taller!)
It's amazing what stilts do! wink

Mick

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/18/03 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Saladbar:
see, I am a little taller!
You're not short......hell, you're taller than the Statue of Liberty!

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/24/03 08:05 PM

Well, here we go again. I'm very late with the main slog of pictures for reasons beyond my control.

a) [Linked Image] b) [Linked Image]
a) SC lurves PLawrence.
b) J-Off has to moonlight as the Naked Cowboy at Times Square since this BB makes so little income.

c) [Linked Image]
Another group shot. You know who we each are by now, really.

d) [Linked Image]
Turnbull's cool shirt.

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/25/03 12:00 AM

Ha ha!!! You can tell we were having fun. Look at all the empty glasses/pitchers on the table. Yet, I do see coffee in the cups!!

Glad you got the naked cowboy, since my pic didn't turn out that good. grin

TIS
Posted By: don papa

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/25/03 11:49 AM

oh, cool shirt, Turnbull!!!

why am i always envious when i go to THIS string of messages? grin
Posted By: Nyah

Re: Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening - 09/25/03 08:09 PM

oh my goodness, another "net-to-gether"! lol
you all looked like you had a wonderful time, anymore pics? hehe... i would love to be able to partake on meetings like that if i had the chance, hehe...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET