Home

Baghdad Bombed

Posted By: SC

Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 06:04 PM

The news pictures on tv are now showing that they're blowing the shit out of Baghdad. Apparently, most of the government buildings in the western half of the city are now being bombed, and they're on fire.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 06:10 PM

Originally posted by SC:
...they're blowing the shit out of Baghdad.
CNN has NOTHING on our own SC. Tell it like it is, pal. Wish all the news would be this comprehensive and to the point. smile
Posted By: Nyah

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 06:15 PM

"Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something
Bombs over Baghdad!"

-Outkast, "Bombs Over Baghdad"
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 06:24 PM

This is not our Daddy's war...Pictures, Sound and live hits as they happen!
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 06:31 PM

I was just downstairs when this started, and I looked at the TV... Wow. War on TV, look what the twenty first century has brought us. O_O
Posted By: ShortCake

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:40 PM

Yeah,really Lombardi.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:51 PM

I am here at work and they have the tv on. Although I am not able to sit in front of the tv, I do see what's happening and find it absolutely "chilling" eek

Any word from Sadam yet? Also, Is Iraq retailiating and how big/small is their army?? This sounds too "easy" and makes me very suspicious!! confused Is Iraq fighting back and we just don't see coverage/comments on it or is US totally bombing the shit out of it and no one is fighting back????? Could it be all the bigwigs in Iraq were wiped out????

TIS
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:53 PM

There are more now. A building was just destroyed.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:53 PM

TIS,you have a good point.Where the heck is their army?Isn't China suppose to be helping them.Where the heck are all of those people?I think the numbers showed that China had 5 soldiers to just 1 of ours.Where are they?Is it gonna sneak up on us?We will still win!!

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:56 PM

since when is China helping them shortcake? confused

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 07:59 PM

My friends brother was telling us about how he has to ship out in a few days.He was saying that China & Japan was helping them and they outnumber us 5 to 1.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:08 PM

Originally posted by ShortCake:
My friends brother was telling us about how he has to ship out in a few days.He was saying that China & Japan was helping them and they outnumber us 5 to 1.
Thats bullshit. I highly doubt thats true.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:10 PM

How would you know about the private dealings between China and Iraq? I don't really think it's true, but how can you be so sure? The world is fucked up, man. You never know.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:11 PM

No way.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:14 PM

I said "I Highly doubt." I didnt say i isnt.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:16 PM

Nor did I say you did. I'm just saying you can never be too sure with this world. Backstabbers everywhere. I wouldn't doubt if anyone at all turned on us. Most countires envy what we have -- clothes, food, shelter, and most important... Freedom.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:19 PM

instead of having a war they should have talked to the Mafia's to kill Saddam. the Mafia's will poison him and that's it! he's finish! lol

GoodFella

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:21 PM

They are everywhere, so the ratio of 5-1 or what ever doesnt matter. Al Qauida operatives are in most countries, there are Al Quaida terrorists hiding in the US already. The FBI is trying to get them while we fight over seas.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:22 PM

You got a point there, bro! I mean, then we wouldn't be held accountable either! wink tongue lol

Yeah, it's so sad. Everyone is after a country that only tries to help! We give to the poor, we help countries in poverty -- and we get spit on in return. ohwell frown rolleyes
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:25 PM

It is the campaign of Shock and Awe.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:28 PM

Your right Lombardi, we give so much, to Africa and many other third world countries and many countries hate us. Is it a jealousy issue?
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:30 PM

Apparantely there are 500,000 Iraqi soldiers, but I don't know where they are confused

It's just a little too easy for the US, a little too "quiet". It's getting eery.

-Penguin

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:32 PM

Not only that, but even countries who DON'T need it. We ally with them... Vietnam -- I'm no history major, but we didn't HAVE to get involved, am I right? But we did. We give too much to the wrong people many times. It's ENVY, they envy everything we have that they don't.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:38 PM

500 bombs are droped as of now. AL, just to clear that up, we went into Nam to stop the growth of communism. the president knew N Nam, would take over S Nam, so he stepped in to stop the commies before they grew more powerful and attacked us

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:41 PM

Definately right,Master. I don't know if China or Japan is in it with Iraq,but that is what Kenny said(that's her brother's name).I am trusting him only because he is IN the military and he would know better than I.We'll just have to see how it unfolds if he is right or not.
Posted By: Michael/Corleone

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:46 PM

The iraquis are fucked up.
Not even them thought they had a chance of winning when they joined the war.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:52 PM

I know, Vercetti, I was just illustrating the fact we don't have to do alot of shit, but we do. Vietnam was just an example.

ShortCake, was this Kenny guy bullshitting you? Seems unrealistic, but as I said; we can never be too sure about this kind of shit. I mean, this world is outrageous! Try to get us some more info.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 08:58 PM

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:18 PM

As much as China (and Japan??) don't want this war, there's no way they'd fight against the U.S.!

I'm not sure how much "info" military personel not even there yet have that the rest of us don't. Probaby little to none.

But I guess we'll see... cuz if it's true... it truly would be WWIII and time to take that Mars Shuttle...
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:22 PM

PS Just heard some unexpected thunder here and for a second it scared the crap out of me. Here in NJ, I'm not far from Lakehurst Naval Air Base (where the Hindenburg crashed), but I doubt it's much of a military target. But I still now and then wonder...

Can't imagine what it's like in the war zone if I'm jumping from thunder now

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:23 PM

Yeah, I don't think China or Japan are gonna be on the opposite side of us. But, this is info from a military soldier. He must know more than us... Still, I do doubt... But, man, you never know.
Posted By: Omnipotent Superman

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:29 PM

Definately right,Master. I don't know if China or Japan is in it with Iraq,but that is what Kenny said(that's her brother's name).I am trusting him only because he is IN the military and he would know better than I.We'll just have to see how it unfolds if he is right or not.
If anything China and definatly japan is on our side.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:32 PM

I'll have to talk to Danielle and ask her else he can give her.Yes,Master,it is the 'loose' one with the 'ham sandwich' .Do you even remember that lil convo?

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 09:32 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
PS Just heard some unexpected thunder here and for a second it scared the crap out of me. Here in NJ, I'm not far from Lakehurst Naval Air Base (where the Hindenburg crashed), but I doubt it's much of a military target. But I still now and then wonder...

Can't imagine what it's like in the war zone if I'm jumping from thunder now
Man, that's something, huh? I mean, I know if I were to hear thunder, I'd be tripping, man. Look at how this war is getting us all?

I'll have to talk to Danielle and ask her else he can give her.Yes,Master,it is the 'loose' one with the 'ham sandwich' .Do you even remember that lil convo?
Unfortunately, I think so. O_O

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 10:46 PM

If China or Japan is doing anything, they are talking to North Korea and telling them to shut up and be just alittle nicer! grin
Now if others would just learn that same lesson!
Posted By: Snake

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 10:57 PM

On a lighter note (thanks for gettin' me started, C.D.), MY FAVORITE LOCAL RADIO STATION made a suggestion for what sounds like a great drinking game:

Watch the news coverage (any station) and every time you hear one of the following words or phrases, slam down a shot of your favorite drink:

"embedded" (as in, "embedded journalists")
"shock and awe" (or just one of the words)
"decapitated"

Within an hour, I'll bet you'll be sh*t-faced! grin
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:06 PM

It was confirmed that one of the Marines killed in the helicopter crash was from Baltimore. Kendall Waters-bey grew up in North East Baltimore. While I in no way knew him, the sights of flags lowered to half mast here in his honor makes me proud. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:13 PM

sure would be a big shot in the arm for the bar business....don't you get sick of them using the same old phrase over and over again...

talk about streching this war thing for hours at a time...This is channel 5 news- All War, All the time!

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Beth E:
It was confirmed that one of the Marines killed in the helicopter crash was from Baltimore. Kendall Waters-bey grew up in North East Baltimore. While I in no way knew him, the sights of flags lowered to half mast here in his honor makes me proud.
Sad to say we'll be seeing those half mast flags all over the country.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:23 PM

For once SC, I hope you are wrong! Let us hope most come home as soon as possible. The sooner they get the job done the faster they can come home.

but on a lighter note....

Triple A (AAA) reports that hotel prices in downtown Baghdad are at an all time low! lol Vacation packages for all price levels.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:36 PM

Thanks for the link (to the radio station's web page), Snake! The "Babe of the Day" section made me forget the war for a little while smile

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/21/03 11:40 PM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:

Triple A (AAA) reports that hotel prices in downtown Baghdad are at an all time low!

I'll bet the "Presidential" suites are vacant.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 12:11 AM

Yes, and room service is really, really slow! lol But what the hell, you don't have to tip big....

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 12:29 AM

Cam, you're a riot! lol On a roll tonight, huh? grin lol

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 12:47 AM

problem is the wake up calls are a little loud! lol
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 01:19 AM

I have been wondering if Saddam is actually alive or dead.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 01:23 AM

Watch, we think we are kicking ass, but wait until the ground troops get to Baghdad, thats when it'll get hard. They are hiding there underground probable. Why would we get this far with hardly any resistance? Its a trick to get our egos going while Saddam sticks his d!ck up our asses.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 01:29 AM

I agree with you DV as far as things seem to be going very "smoothly". God, could we possibly have been so lucky to get Sadam first try??? That would be "great". However, I fear too, that the other shoe has yet to drop. Hope I'm wrong tho. I don't know where they'd be or where they'd be hiding or if we actually pulled it off??? confused Just don't want us to let our guard down!

TIS
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 01:39 AM

I don't war but I think that Saddam brought it on himself. I hate the critism that the other lesser countries abopted, especially those who we give money and goods.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 02:00 AM

Exactly DK, new rule, if we suport you with food and $$, and you don't think highly of us or think we are butchers for this war, guess what? Cut off the aid and let you starve you ungreatful bastards.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 03:13 AM

Man, we think all this bomb dropping on TV is bad? Wait until they start to hit back. It's gonna be hell over there in Baghdad. I just hope they don't take the war over to American soil. That's the last thing we need is bombs being dropped over here. This is only the very beginning. Only bad is ahead.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 03:19 AM

I don't remember which poster commented about being "manipulated" and perhaps that's not the right word, but I was thinking. What ever happened to Al Quida/Bin Laden? I tend to now think of Iraq/Bin Laden as one in the same???? When did that happen? ohwell

My question is perhaps while we are getting Sadam, what if Bin Laden has many of his men are in America setting us all up now, while we are distracted??? I am not closed minded to others opinions and am willing to consider them, but isn't that a logical question???? We could get one monster only to be attacked by another! eek

TIS

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/22/03 03:22 AM

Notice Iran isn't letting us use their land. Turkey is on their last nerve with us. One thing thats weird, in the 70's, during the Iran/Iraq war, we offered to help Iraq, but we sold weapons to Iran! Every country stabs another every once in a while. wink
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/23/03 04:47 AM

I was against this war from the beginning and now that it is underway I hope and pray that very few civilians are killed. It is a shame that inspections were not given more time and diplomacy was not given more of a chance. Hopefully the war will be over very soon and the process of rebuilding Iraq can begin.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/23/03 04:56 AM

No offence to anyone, but i have noticed the majority of antiwar people are Mid Easterns or people who dont live in America. Just somethin i noticd, i am not being racist. Also, watch, in two to three days, there will be a big bloodbath. Our soldiers are tired of the fighting and walking, by time they get to Baghdad, Saddam's regime will pop out of hiding [think of the bomb shelters Saddam probably has] and attack our tired men and we will be heavily hurt. I bet theres a 90% chance Bush will not be reelected.

Re: Baghdad Bombed - 03/23/03 01:54 PM

wake up!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET