Home

How old?

Posted By: QueenAssassin

How old? - 03/17/02 05:55 AM

I feel like i'm the only one on this board who isn't legal to drink alcohol yet. So just wondering....How old is everyone?

I just turned 18 last month.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: How old? - 03/17/02 06:09 AM

don't worry...you are not missing much. You can still have a good time with the right people that is....You don't need booze to have the time of your life!
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: How old? - 03/17/02 07:08 AM

I'll turn 34 in August. cool
Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: How old? - 03/17/02 12:58 PM

Ahhh, if only you lived in the UK, you don't gotta be 21 here to enjoy the fruits of the drink... 18 will do...

Unless you got a fake ID that is...

wink

noledge

Re: How old? - 03/17/02 07:28 PM

Oh..your looking for a fake Id...Why didn't you say so...We will have our guy get back to you!
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 05:10 AM

It's 18 in Australia too, but no one really cares if you're underage here. The same rules apply to gambling, but just recently there's been a huge scandal so I think it's gonna start gettting tougher here.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 05:20 PM

From one geezer to another...I will be 37 in a week. Send gifts. smile

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 09:05 PM

Ladies, I would be glad to have you at my table any time! Wink Wink..... wink wink

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 09:21 PM

Really? It depends what you are servin' up...

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 09:29 PM

Actually, i was just asking to know how old everyone was on this board. Not so much the alcohol part, but hey, it's all good! =) Wow, so really it's 18 to legally drink in the UK and Australia? Neat-o! I'm not much of a drinker, i just stick with my usual milk and water, but when i get a little wild i may get the hard stuff....fruit punch!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 10:18 PM

Originally posted by QueenAssassin:
Actually, i was just asking to know how old everyone was on this board...!
Hi, Queen...
Once you've gotten a few more than 7 posts under your belt, you'll discover that the simplest question on this board can quickly spiral into a whole new direction!!! Usually a fun one, as Dolce & Camillus have proven here... grin

By the way, I've posted my age in a past thread. Am over 40, but under 50.

Cheers,
Apple
Posted By: Snake

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 10:33 PM

It's weird being 40. There are now two generations
since I was born who don't know what life was like before microwaves, cable-TV, CDs, PCs, satelite dishes, and unleaded gas! frown

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 10:40 PM

...and don't forget the Internet!! What was life like before interacting like this and having information at our fingertips? What fun did we have?

Oh yeah, we had drive-in movies... rolleyes

Re: How old? - 03/18/02 10:46 PM

Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
...oh yeah, we had drive-in movies... rolleyes
Drive-in movies!! I remember my mom dressing us in our pajamas before going, because it was assumed we would fall asleep on the way home & be dumped right into bed!!! Those were fun!

Another thing people born after 1980 cannot fathom (and neither can I now), is having to get up, walk over to the TV and turn the dial every time you wanted a new channel!!

lol
Apple

Re: How old? - 03/20/02 03:12 PM

I didn't like going to Drive-Ins. I thought it was boring just sitting in your car for a about two hours watching a movie from your windsheild. Now a days, you can do the same, except we have portable DVD players and not to mention built-in play station =)

Sometimes i wonder how it was back in the days. Not having the technology we have now. I can live without the internet, i've tried it once. But then you get bored tongue

Re: How old? - 03/20/02 03:28 PM

....Sometimes i wonder how it was back in the days. Not having the technology we have now. I can live without the internet, i've tried it once. But then you get bored
I remember an older guy I once worked with telling me of the days before computers, when you typed w/ carbon paper. One incorrectible typo, and the whole document would have to be re-done. Gives me the shudders just to think about it!!!

Another thing is vidoes/DVDs. You either saw a movie in the theatre or waited till it was on TV. There was some kind of joy & anticipation in knowing we would get to see The Wizard of Oz only one night a year. We appreciated it more. Kids don't have that now. They can see anything you want, anytime you want. Nice, but I think it kind've spoils things, too.

Apple

Re: How old? - 03/20/02 03:29 PM

You actually WATCHED a movie at the drive-In? haha. Just kidding. Drive-In's were being phased out by the time I was old enough to make out, but in the small town I grew up in we had the dinosaur Route 66 Drive-In which never really closed down, it just kinda broke down. Like Apple, I remember Drive-Ins when I was a kid being in the backseat supposedly asleep. The Drive-In is where I got my first glimpse of the Godfather when it came out and I have been hooked ever since.

Speaking of things we have now, how 'bout voice mail? It is nearly impossible to reach your party on the first try. Remember the days of rotary phones and perpetual busy signals.....

Re: How old? - 03/21/02 02:34 AM

I remember an older guy I once worked with telling me of the days before computers, when you typed w/ carbon paper. One incorrectible typo, and the whole document would have to be re-done. Gives me the shudders just to think about it!!!

Apple[/QB][/QUOTE]

I still have a box of carbon paper in the office if you would like to try it once or twice or maybe three or four times.... lol I thought I would have it for e-bay some day lol
Posted By: Don Cortisone

Re: How old? - 03/30/02 01:09 PM

Wow, so really it's 18 to legally drink in the UK and Australia? Neat-o!
I'm barely drinking age in America (21), but I don't have problems with that. In Belgium there is no drinking age tongue

So I drink from my 15.
Posted By: injektilo*

Re: How old? - 04/01/02 08:53 AM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Oh..your looking for a fake Id...Why didn't you say so...We will have our guy get back to you!
"And there was only one man who could arrange such an affair. The Godfather. Don Corleone."

From the book.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: How old? - 04/01/02 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Don Cortisone:
[/qb]
I'm barely drinking age in America (21), but I don't have problems with that. In Belgium there is no drinking age tongue

So I drink from my 15.[/QB][/QUOTE]

same here. . . you can drink as long as you have the money to buy booze. . .
i started drinking at 16.

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!

Re: How old? - 04/01/02 06:36 PM

And that's a good thing. We, Belgians, are well known for our Bourgondian way of living, that includes our alcohol consumption.

But we are used to alcohol since we're young. It's easier to control something you've already known most of your life than something new.

I guess, if I turned 21 in America, I would drink myself into the hospital smile

I just can't imagine I would only be drinking alcohol for 2 months now

(hum, this hasn't anything to do with the original topic, sorry for that)
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: How old? - 04/02/02 04:00 PM

heh, 16 here and I know where my dad keeps the alcohol. just b/c I've never seen a drive-in movie... wink

Re: How old? - 04/02/02 04:23 PM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:
I still have a box of carbon paper in the office if you would like to try it once or twice or maybe three or four times.... lol I thought I would have it for e-bay some day lol
No thanks, Camullus. I had my fill of carbon paper learning to type in high school. By the time I went from waitressing to office work (in the mid-80's), the computer age had thankfully arrived!!!

Apple
Posted By: Uztopoke

Re: How old? - 04/02/02 06:17 PM

Getting older just sucks.

Re: How old? - 04/02/02 09:56 PM

Only sometimes getting older sucks, but you can always be young at heart grin

Re: How old? - 04/02/02 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Uztopoke:
Yeah, you get high cholesterol and get engaged and that sort of nasty things smile
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: How old? - 04/03/02 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Uztopoke:
never mind Uzi, youre getting married. . .(joke) grin

--------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!
Posted By: Jade

Re: How old? - 04/03/02 07:44 AM

I am 15 years old. grin I have six more years until I can drink. I just do not plan on drinking. Well, unless it's wine. I guess that's an Italian thing. smile
Posted By: Uztopoke

Re: How old? - 04/03/02 01:45 PM

Oh, to be 15. It's really a trip. I'm sitting here, a young 25, and I can remember 15. But when I was 15, ten years ago was 5, and I couldn't remember a thing. I mean, what happens when you're 5? You cry, shit your pants, get chased around by girls, watch TV and sleep. But 15! Ahhhh, smoking cheap weed, getting laid, drinking warm beer. Not a care in the world. 25 to 45 will be the same thing: wife, kids and debt. After 55, it's more debt, grandkids and death. I love it! Life is queer, mang.

Re: How old? - 04/03/02 03:03 PM

Wow 25...what it would be like to be 25 again...

Re: How old? - 04/03/02 04:22 PM

I guess we all have fantasies about being younger again, with the knowledge we have now.

Ah, would be fun! Seducing girls in kindergarten and being a total genious in primary school smile
Posted By: George Bugs Moran

Re: How old? - 02/18/04 09:26 PM

I just turned 75 last Monday... Tuesday.... I don't remember...
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: How old? - 02/19/04 12:27 AM

Just turned the big 18 yesterday.
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: How old? - 02/19/04 08:04 AM

hey ,i'm 19 a while ago wink
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: How old? - 02/19/04 02:14 PM

Happy Birthday Cheeks!!! smile Now you are legal hu??? We can swear in front of you and everything. Wow!! lol Hope you had a great birthday. Did you do anything special?? 18...I remember it well. Enjoy and have a great year.

[Linked Image]

TIS

Re: How old? - 02/19/04 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Partagas:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Did you do anything special?? 18...I remember it well.

TIS
You remember what happened that looooooooong ago? lol lol

You know I am just kidding -- we all love TIS! wink [/b]
Yea, I have vivid memories of all the newer luxuries I was around for Partagas: indoor plumbing, electricity, Pony Express, oh, and what a thrill when they finally let us women vote!! lol Yea, didn't get any better than that!! tongue

TIS
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: How old? - 02/20/04 12:34 PM

Originally posted by Don Noledge:
Ahhh, if only you lived in the UK, you don't gotta be 21 here to enjoy the fruits of the drink... 18 will do...

Unless you got a fake ID that is...
over here it's 16 (but for real strong liquor adult supervision is required until the age of 18: however 'they' are not strict)

I'm 19
Posted By: Svizzero

Re: How old? - 02/20/04 02:22 PM

I am 16 years old.

Re: How old? - 02/20/04 02:32 PM

Pherdy,

You can legally drink there at age 16? eek Wow!!! So high school kids can stop off at the pub after the school bell rings? lol

TIS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET