Home

Ages

Posted By: Don Mataya

Ages - 02/16/02 03:12 AM

I was just wonderin how old everyone was on this board. I know theres go to be a huge range. Im 15.
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 03:38 AM

I am 24 smile
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 04:52 AM

I'm 13
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:11 AM

Originally posted by Don Alessandro:
I'm 13
You just made it, Alessandro - Under 13 needs parental approval according to U.S. COPPA laws...!

BTW - I'm not 13, or 15, or 24... *sigh* grin

JG
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 07:35 AM

Originally posted by J Geoff:

BTW - I'm not 13, or 15, or 24... *sigh* grin

JG[/QB]
same here Don Geoff. . .hehe. . grin

---------------------

I command this family right or wrong . . . it was not what I wanted!
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 12:09 PM

23 Right Here.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 05:08 PM

36. And lovin it.
Posted By: SC

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:05 PM

Damn..... I have articles of clothing older than all of you. ohwell
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:12 PM

Dare I say it - I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Not quite early enough in it to see the Godfather during it's original release, but just in enough time to see GF2 in the theaters. How old does that make me?
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:15 PM

84.Turning 85 this May.
Posted By: Don Noledge

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:16 PM

I is 16 da boy and lovin it like this...

Its all down hill from here...

wink

noledge

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:18 PM

Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
84.Turning 85 this May.
M4M, I think you accidently hit the "8" key by about 6 or 7 places... grin

JG

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:18 PM

Originally posted by Don Marco:
How old does that make me?
Taking an educated guess, I'd say "45".

BTW - I was born while Truman was in the White House.

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:19 PM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] How old does that make me?
Taking an educated guess, I'd say "45".
[/b]
This time you beat me to it, SC - I was gonna guess 44 or 45...

JG

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:21 PM

LBJ was prez when I was born, but my earliest recollections was of Nizon... eek

JG

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:29 PM

LBJ was prez when I was born
Johnson was president when you were born??? Wasn't it he who succeeded Abe Lincoln?? tongue

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:38 PM

I found this cool site on the U.S. Presidents looking up the other Johnson grin

JG
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 06:59 PM

I'm 19 and plan to stay that way for the rest of my life - I got a deal the the Gods upstairs. They reckon for aslong as i'm drinking copius amounts of beer I will stay and live young.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 07:05 PM

I will be 20 in 5 days.
Posted By: bella_angel

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 08:14 PM

24...and I plan on staying this age for AT LEAST the next five years. Turi..if beer makes you stay young..I think I may be immortal.. cool wink

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 08:33 PM

44 in April. I take offense at the 84 or 85 guess! Just like fine wine, I am getting better with age. Just don't want to turn into vinegar.

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 09:07 PM

Like two of the best things in life: wine and cheese - both get better with age, and with age comes experience and wisdom.

As said by the late Katherine Graham:

"No one can avoid aging, but aging productively is something else"

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Rusty:
As am I. Oh baby
36? or lovin' it?

If you are 36, I will eat my hat....

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 10:31 PM

[/QB]
Nah,I was born in 1917.

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 11:00 PM

Nah,I was born in 1917.
Hmm... why don't I believe you're that "oldfather"? grin

JG

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 11:01 PM

Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
If you are 36, I will eat my hat....
What'll you do if I said I was 36, too?? grin

JG

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 11:02 PM

Originally posted by bella_angel:
24...and I plan on staying this age for AT LEAST the next five years. wink
That's right! Because once you hit 29 you'll stay that age for the next 10 years grin
Posted By: Francis The Kid Forducci

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 11:20 PM

Nah,I was born in 1917.[/QB]
Man, you're not funny. "I'm 80... I'm gay." If I was JGeoff, I'd kick you out of this board sooooo fast. JGeoff built this incredibly site for meaningful posts. BrotherFather, BrasiFace, what's wrong with you. JGeoff I have the ultimate respect for you!

Re: Ages - 02/16/02 11:54 PM

Originally posted by Francis The Kid Forducci:

"I'm 80... I'm gay[/QB]
To come out at such an old age Francis.

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 12:22 AM

Okay, I humbly "ask" our Octogenarians to stop bickering... por favore!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 01:03 AM

what is age?...but a number I tell you!.(singing) I would rather have two girls at 21 each then one at 42.... Never met a girl at any age that couldn't be loved...
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 01:09 AM

Advanced Happy Bday DonPalentino. Are my bodyguards invited for some pasta and wine? hehehe smile
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 06:16 AM

I'm 33. On some days I feel much, much older. grin
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 07:04 PM

Like two of the best things in life: wine and cheese - both get better with age, and with age comes experience and wisdom.

As said by the late Katherine Graham:

"No one can avoid aging, but aging productively is something else"
Women get better with age too...until they turn 37! lol poor Dolce

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 07:05 PM

Nah,I was born in 1917.[/QB]
FOr real? So that means if Sonny ws alive today, he'd be 85!

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Francis The Kid Forducci:
[b]

Nah,I was born in 1917.[/b]
Man, you're not funny. "I'm 80... I'm gay." If I was JGeoff, I'd kick you out of this board sooooo fast. JGeoff built this incredibly site for meaningful posts. BrotherFather, BrasiFace, what's wrong with you. JGeoff I have the ultimate respect for you![/QB]
For future reference M4M said "i'm 80", Francis said "I'm gay" grin

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 07:08 PM

I'm 16.

I always thoguht Don Noledge would be older.

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 07:09 PM

Dare I say it - I was born during the Eisenhower administration. Not quite early enough in it to see the Godfather during it's original release, but just in enough time to see GF2 in the theaters. How old does that make me?
46 or 47

Re: Ages - 02/17/02 08:15 PM

[/QB][/QUOTE]Nah,I was born in 1917.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Grand Pa is that you....after all this time....M4M are you my grandfather? Grand Pa 4 ME? You know the love of the Godfather Movies is a family thing.....It stands the test of time!

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 12:20 AM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:

Grand Ma is that you....after all this time....M4M are you my grandmother? Grand Ma 4 ME? You know the love of the Godfather Movies is a family thing.....It stands the test of time![/QB]
Unless your grandma is a man I doubt Im your grandmother.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 12:40 AM

Dang, does this means I only have like 5 weeks to live?! ohwell

I'd better get started.....
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:31 AM

18 forever, but for the record 36
Posted By: Salvatore

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:58 AM

I am 23, and I first watched GF when I was 17.

Cheers
Posted By: Uztopoke

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 01:41 PM

At one point, I was 11...then I got hit by a truck...then I was 555 for a little while, then 77. But now I am just 25, and everything is goddamn plain and lovely. I was born during Ford's presidency, which wasn't legitimate (his presidency - not my birth), so I round it up or down to either the Carter or Nixon administration. However, my brain is Eisenhower-era, and my colon and liver are Hooveresque.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Uztopoke:
...I was born during Ford's presidency, which wasn't legitimate (his presidency - not my birth), so I round it up or down to either the Carter or Nixon administration.
Holy cow, Uzi....I was a teenager when the Nixon administration became the Ford administration!!
Incidentally, his presidency WAS legitimate, simply because he was VP when Nixon resigned, and therefore the only person who could be sworn in to replace him. What you are probably referring to is the fact that his is the first and only President not elected to the office.

Apple

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 04:33 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
What you are probably referring to is the fact that his is the first and only President not elected to the office.
What about those few VP's who became Prez after assasinations? Andrew Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt and LBJ... grin

JG

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 06:10 PM

Apple...that is exactly to what I am referring. In relative terms, it is illegitimate. So, you're in your 40s? I cannot make love to a woman over 50. The way I see it, if a woman could not, in all probability, whelp me, I cannot sex her. 12 to 15 years as a mother doesn't count because it is rare and silly. None of the preceding is a come-on. It is just stupid commentary from a stupid man.

JGeoff: The vice presidents who ascended to the presidency were, indirectly, elected. Ford was never on a presidential ballot. The House named him veep.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 06:30 PM

...I cannot make love to a woman over 50. The way I see it, if a woman could not, in all probability, whelp me, I cannot sex her. ...
JGeoff: The vice presidents who ascended to the presidency were, indirectly, elected. Ford was never on a presidential ballot. The House named him veep.
That is interesting, Uzi. Gotta say, I know plenty of women in their 50's who are in far better shape than they were in their 20's (one of my best friends is an aerobics instructor, just under 46 yrs old); so if you really need to be 'whelped', you might do better not to chategorize by age, with which comes VAST experience... wink .

As for your answer to JGeoff re 'elected' VP's...right on the money, just how I would've responded (though I still consider Ford's presidency legitimate).

Best,
Apple

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 06:41 PM

What about those few VP's who became Prez after assasinations? Andrew Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt and LBJ... grin

JG
Don't forget that Chester Arthur became president without benefit of running for office, too. Teddy Roosevelt and LBJ went on to run for, and won, second terms of office.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 07:09 PM

Originally posted by SC:
...Teddy Roosevelt and LBJ went on to run for, and won, second terms of office.
So did Harry Truman, long as we're naming names. But technically, they were not 'second terms'; each completed the term of his predecessor, then ran for and was elected President 'in his own right'. Both Truman & LBJ opted not to seek re-election for their own 2nd terms...because they knew that they would lose.

Is there a 'History 101' board we could move this discussion to????

Apple

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 08:29 PM

Apple: I don't want to be whelped again. Once is enough. Plus, I don't believe in reincarnation or any of that soul-dispersal garbage.

But c'mon, mang. The overwhelming majority of 50+ women look like shit. A vast majority. But don't get me wrong. My 50+ espousal was simply tidy categorization. There are many 50+ women I would lick up and down for countless hours. In fact, there's probably just as many 30- women I wouldn't touch with a padded stick. And yes, experience is a plus.

In sum, I consider all women 15 years-or-less older than me utterly fair game and easily attainable (in relative perspective...whether 38 or 22, you can still think I'm ugly).

I am working on a Ph.D in early American/colonial foreign relations. History is a gas.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 08:41 PM

I agree that Truman would have lost. After all, he was going to run against Eisenhower, the great American war hero. He realistically didn't stand a chance. I do think that LBJ vs Nixon would have been an interesting race. If LBJ ran, what do you think Bobby Kennedy would've done? I don't think he was about to defer to LBJ as the head of the Democrats, but he might not have been in LA on that day in June. California would have been more of an easy win for him against LBJ than McCarthy. We may have had another Kennedy in office because I think he was a real thorn in the side for LBJ. Then, how do you think the mob would've liked having him in office, and how long do you think he would've lasted?

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 09:05 PM

...I do think that LBJ vs Nixon would have been an interesting race. If LBJ ran, what do you think Bobby Kennedy would've done? I don't think he was about to defer to LBJ as the head of the Democrats, but he might not have been in LA on that day in June...
LBJ was so despised because of the Vietnam war, that Bobby Kennedy would've easily beaten him in the primaries had he decided to run. Johnson & Kennedy hated each other, it's no secret. Had he lived, I do agree that Kennedy would've beaten Nixon, out of sheer sentiment for the loss of JFK...not that that would've necessarily been a good thing. LBJ was smart to pull out in March 1968 - he would've had his Texas hide whooped bad by either one of the other two men. He didn't want it anymore, anyway...the war had taken its toll and he was more than happy to step down and no longer be 'the man'.

As for that day in LA, well...Bobby was there, and there's no point wondering if/when/where/why.

Apple

PS - as for Uzi...go get whatever girl you want, I really don't care.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 09:24 PM

Apple: Thanks for the apathy - borderline scorn. I'll remember that next Christmas.

LBJ would have been pummelled by anyone in '68.

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 09:37 PM

No scorn intended, Uzi...borderline or otherwise. It's pure apathy. Yawn...

Good call on LBJ.

Apple

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:02 PM

Dang, does this means I only have like 5 weeks to live?! ohwell

I'd better get started.....
No it doesn't mean you have 5 weeks to live. It means lol in 5 weeks you start going downhill.lol I was just joking it's more like 45. I only said 37 becasue you said YOU were 36!

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:03 PM

[b]What you are probably referring to is the fact that his is the first and only President not elected to the office.

JG[/b]
Didn't they have more than ONE term?

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:07 PM

How old is apple? Does she fit into the 22-38 prime age group? Uzi?

Re: Ages - 02/18/02 11:10 PM

Way to back peddle, Ricardo wink

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 01:29 AM

Gee Apple...I guess you scare them young fellows being a smart MIDDLE AGED women and all...hahhaha

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 02:10 PM

CamillusDon:
Thanks for the compliment, I don't know how it works out that way. Apparently we are all born with special talents; just wish I could make money with mine!!!

Apple

PS - Always keep 'em guessing!!
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 04:13 PM

I'm 24. blush
Posted By: Neri

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 04:23 PM

I'm at the ripe old age of 19.

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 04:57 PM

Ricardo, if I had to guess, I would say Apple is in her late 30s. 38, to be exact. But, as she most astutely says, "YAWN." What I really want to know is exactly what Apple would consider engaging, thought-provoking, interesting conversation. Then, I would stick to that because she often has something substantive to say.

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 06:20 PM

...What I really want to know is exactly what Apple would consider engaging, thought-provoking, interesting conversation...
Well if you're talking in terms of this board, a review of The Godfather forum would show that I like to talk about The Godfather, and The Godfather Part II. Not insignificant theories that have no effect on the story, like how did Clemenza die, or what did they do with Carlo's body, or (my personal favorite)...was Kay wrong to have an abortion behind Michael's back...but discussions about the fine intricacies of a scene or bit of dialogue. That's fun and why I joined the board. Will have to admit I do get caught up in other subjects from time to time.... rolleyes

Apple
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]
[b]What you are probably referring to is the fact that his is the first and only President not elected to the office.

JG[/b]
Didn't they have more than ONE term?[/b]
Ford was the only President who entered the Oval Office without ever winning a single Electoral Vote--he was appointed VP by Congress and took over when Nixon resigned. All the other VPs who succeeded Presidents who died in office had been elected VPs by the Electoral College.

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 07:02 PM

Apple, I'm just glad that you chose Sinatra as your avatar. If I could choose one historical figure's life to relive in my shoes, there is no doubt it would be Frank. It's actually amazing. The entire Rat Pack lived exceptioanlly long, with the possible exception of Davis Jr., who was still a senior citizen. Basically, it comforts me to know that you can live such sordid lives, complete with infidelity and debauchery, and still be given God's grace for a long, healthy life. I mean, who in their right mind would want to be Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin or Jim Morrison? Living quickly and on handfuls of trips and pills? Tweeked out all the time? Then die stinky and lonely?

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 07:59 PM

...those Rat Pack members chose the vices that kill you slowly - booze & cigarettes.

If you think about it, Sinatra lived to be 82 but not in the best of health ... one of the saddest things I ever read the weekend after he died, was a good friend had quoted Frankie as saying, "I'm not a man anymore." about a year earlier. Sammy smoked all his life and preferred to die of throat cancer rather than have his voicebox removed & not be able to sing. Dino spent his final days eating dinner alone at his favorite restaurant - spaghetti, cigarettes & scotch - a broken man since the death of his son a few years earlier.

Ah yes, there's something to be said about living a long life and looking back at the good old days.

Apple

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 08:21 PM

And THERE's the catch, for you're 100% correct about them all. But think about it..in Sinatra's second (or third) heyday, he was married to Mia Farrow, a 21-year-old pussycat with large blue eyes and skinny frame. Every man in America wanted her, or at least a part of her. And Sinatra was over 50, married to a little sexpot, still having another 15 years of heavy-duty partying left. Only the last 5 or so years might be considered painful. He even performed at Foxwoods (a casino in CT) in 1993. Not bad. We all need some pain sooner or later...but these guys had far more pleasure.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 08:21 PM

...those Rat Pack members chose the vices that kill you slowly - booze & cigarettes.

Apple
I don't class booze as a slow death. Its much quicker but in reality depends on the excess. It only took my Aunt 5 years. In business terms thats short term.

I don't understand why people would want to have long lives when the last few years they have is, in most cases i'm familiar with, imense pain. Not only that but living in fear of younger hoodlums or even innocent people who look like a threat to you when you're much weaker. It doesn't seem worth it to me. Only the rich and very strong minded can have the freedom of peace and security at old age.

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 08:50 PM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[QUOTE]...I don't class booze as a slow death. Its much quicker but in reality depends on the excess. It only took my Aunt 5 years. In business terms thats short term...
Well, I was really talking in terms of the Rat Pack since Uzi referenced their ripe old ages, as opposed to those rock stars dying of drug overdoses before hitting age 30. Personally, I would love to have seen Janis Joplin come through it all & be around today, about 60 years old and belting them out in clubs with the same heart & soul, but a little more wisdom under her belt. It would've been nice.

By the way, Joey Bishop, the only Rat Packer still living, did not drink & off-stage was not a part of Sinatra's inner circle. Ironic, isn't it...??

Apple

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 09:09 PM

[
By the way, Joey Bishop, the only Rat Packer still living, did not drink & off-stage was not a part of Sinatra's inner circle. Ironic, isn't it...??

Apple[/QB][/QUOTE]
Do you think he made out as well as the others tho? some would say that he was on the low end of the rat Pack latter.....With Frank, Dean and Sammy
near the top....Again some people not myself of course....My "Older" Secretary brings up the Joey Bishop Show...hahahhaha. Before my time....hahahha

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 09:17 PM

Originally posted by CamillusDon:
...Do you think he made out as well as the others tho? some would say that he was on the low end of the rat Pack latter...
He was the emcee/comic balance of the group, and definitely less of a star attraction than the other guys. My reference was only to the fact that he didn't drink and is the only one still living, not his level of success next to the others. However, I remember watching him on tv as a kid - very funny guy!!!

Apple
Posted By: persiangodfather

Re: Ages - 02/19/02 10:37 PM

I'll turn 20 in exactly one month's time ... here's to hoping for some Godfather related presents. grin

Re: Ages - 02/20/02 01:53 AM

Originally posted by persiangodfather:
I'll turn 20 in exactly one month's time ... here's to hoping for some Godfather related presents. grin
get smart...communication is the key...tell them then write them a reminder- "I WANT THE GODFATHER DVD FOR MY BIRTHDAY!" Best results work by posting in on the fridge and again in the freezer.
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Ages - 02/20/02 02:08 AM

i dont think i want to reveal my age..... But my birthday is this june!
Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Re: Ages - 02/20/02 02:15 AM

How old is J Geoff? He's probably mentioned it somewhere here but i didn't notice

Re: Ages - 02/20/02 04:37 AM

UMMM..seems age can be a important issue on this thread.....

Re: Ages - 02/20/02 06:28 AM

Originally posted by Don Alessandro:
How old is J Geoff? He's probably mentioned it somewhere here but i didn't notice
Yes I did... grin
Posted By: Don Cortisone

Re: Ages - 03/18/02 04:18 PM

Looks like you're ashamed [Linked Image]

just kidding.

btw, I'm 21

Re: Ages - 04/12/02 02:27 AM

one more time around
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Ages - 04/12/02 02:35 PM

I really want to take issue with Uzi; mad I am 53 and am NOT fat; I take pretty good care of myself, and am not ready to be put out to pasture. I resent (respectfully?)his comments about "older" women. Why is it some men can look like s... and expect their women to be barbie dolls? mad Many men of my age (and younger) are totally out of shape but are so quick to criticize. It's such a chauvenistic attitude. Talk about a double standard. Boy, could I go on and on, but I won't!! mad Thanks for letting me "vent"

blush Ok, I got that off my chest (for now) smile
Remember, don't piss off a sicilian woman! They're more dangerous than shotguns?? smile

annt

Re: Ages - 04/12/02 03:59 PM

Sorry Annt....it is the same old story. Started so long ago, no body knows for sure. confused Once heard it said that Men use to hold all the purse stings before women really got into the work place and you know the old story, Cash is king! And it is good to be the KING!(Mel Brooks)

It is a hell of a lot easier to be a short fat bald guy with $$$ and still get lovely women then it would be for a women to get a man. It also has to do with men putting pressure on other guys. They say you can't buy LOVE, but Dam you can buy the next best thing to it blush

Re: Ages - 04/12/02 04:09 PM

Annt, with all due respect, with the exception of the brain-injured-as-a-child Uztopoke, most of the male population here is very respectful of us women here especially women of the more mature variety. Heck, to some chaps, the more mature woman is somewhat revered as with maturity comes intelligence and experience.

Welcome and no problem with the venting. At least you are civil about it, you should see the crap that flies around here sometimes!!! grin

Re: Ages - 04/12/02 04:24 PM

Welcome and no problem with the venting. At least you are civil about it, you should see the crap that flies around here sometimes!!! grin
That's it! (light goes on) Crap..THAT'S what makes the world go round! Why did't I think of that before grin .....

Whispering.... By the way we love older women around here! blush
Posted By: George Bugs Moran

Re: Ages - 02/18/04 09:31 PM

Umm... I think there is already another post like this one, look at the top of the page...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET