Home

World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this?

Posted By: Vendetta

World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 01:10 PM

OK I'm working at home today and I CANNOT BELIEVE what I am seeing! Yikes.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 01:32 PM

Hi, I'm at work as well, and listening to radio coverage. Checked out one of the first photos at CNN website - HORRIBLE!!!
Apples

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 01:58 PM

I'm hearing reports of the fears of terrorist attacks on major cities in the U.S.
There has been a plane crash into the Pentagon, and there's report of a fire at the Washington Mall.

Airports all over the country have been shut down, and all travel into NYC (tunnels/bridges) has been shut off.

To be continued....

A

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 02:07 PM

My husband just called on the inflight phone. His flight is turning around. All airports are closing down.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Vendetta ]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 02:22 PM

Washinton D.C was hit badly too. I saw the Trade Center one first, it was spectacular (in a bad way) - the plane actually entered the window of the building. No casualties mentioned but I fear there may be many when the smoke clears.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 02:31 PM

I'm glad my husband's not landing in DC this morning.

Joey I am afraid that there will be thousands of people dead.

One entire tower of the World Trade Center collapsed. 35,000 people work there, not counting all the people who work in Wall Street.

If you have ever been in the World Trade Center it is like a city to itself

They just showed the SECOND tower collapsed...110 stories. Can't imagine how many people just died.

They are now confirming one of the World Trade Center planes was an American Airlines flight a 767. That means about 200 people plus crew.
Posted By: Padrino

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 03:18 PM

Supposedly LA is a target and there is a rumor that a plane in the air is hijacked and is being ordered to land or be shot down. Only rumors. All domestic flights canceled. Till at least 2pm

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 03:39 PM

I heard LAX is suspected of being a bombing target soon. Then again, LA is hard to penetrate these days, they must be sick of all the bomb threats and shootouts by now.
Posted By: josh

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 04:06 PM

Well I guess this is proof that the world is coming to an end.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 04:10 PM

On the bright side, it gets Gary Condit out of the headlines wink
Posted By: Padrino

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 04:16 PM

LA is strongly rumored to be a target. Just heard a plane crashed in or near Seattle.

LAX (LA's airport) uses a lot of security, having gone through there numerous times. However if someone wants you bad enough they can get to you. 'History has taught us if someone wants to kill you they can'---Michael Corleone in GF II (not an exact quote. trying from memory)
Posted By: Dr Jules Segal

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 04:52 PM

I trust all my fellow Padrophiles in the New York area are safe.
Posted By: SC

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:01 PM

I can't believe any of this.....

The (unofficial) reports from the NY Police Dept. expect the death toll to rise into the thousands .
Posted By: Wiseguy

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:14 PM

All flights to America have been cancelled. The London Stock Exchange and Canary Wharf have been closed in case of more terrorist attacks.

I cannot believe that anybody could be this ruthless, and sacrifice hundreds, perhaps thousands of innocent lives like this. Whoever is responsible will have hell to pay when their identity is discovered.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:23 PM

I am just in total shock - I saw it online first, and thought it was a joke until I turned on the TV. I just cannot believe this has happened.... I'll be back later....

JG
Posted By: big al

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:41 PM

From all of us Canadians, our heartfelt sympathies to all americans near and far from this tragedy. I am at work and nobody is in the mood to work, we are just numb and at a lost for words. I just hope that President Bush will hunt those bastards down no matter what.!! confused
--------------------------------------

¨And that I do not forgive !! : Vito Corleone
Posted By: Connie

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:42 PM

I can't get over this. I go to school in Delaware, and between NYC and DC, almost everyone here has family or friends who work or live in one of the two cities. People are standing on corners crying.... It's completely surreal.

I'm thinking the US is going to the mattresses over this, so to speak. As well we *ought* to.
Posted By: Black Hand

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 05:43 PM

I just want to use this message board to express my condolences to folks in the USA about todays tragic events.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:00 PM

Originally posted by J Geoff:
I am just in total shock - I saw it online first, and thought it was a joke until I turned on the TV. I just cannot believe this has happened.... I'll be back later....

JG

I understand. Since i'm in Canada many things have been closed here. I knew it would happen, even since I read Tom Clancy's executive decisions and heard him on the phone this morning where he imagined a plane crashing into the congress as initiated by terrorists, thus decapitating the political strength and economy of the US. I didn't know it would happen in New York, after the trade center bombing of February 1993, that left 6 dead and scores wounded, I pretty much figured a major government building would get it on the nose the next time. McVeigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building in Oklahoma city in 1995, and now it's a small chunk of the Pentagon, and the twin towers of the trade center. Extremist groups might be responsible, Bin Laden's name has been thrown around by such people as Senator Hatch and John McCain, but no confirmation at all. It could well be one of us again, though I hope this is not the case. In any instance, there was bound to be a terrorist attack (not of this proportions though, who the hell can manage to hijack commercial planes and crash them into buildings in this day and age)?. I just didnt think it would kill that many people or take out the trade center. The best thing to do is remain calm and call the designated hotlines for information on relatives or friends who may have been in the general vicinity of the chaos.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]
Posted By: big al

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:04 PM

In reference to Vendetta`s comments: I find this funny that there are no media coverage from Pittsburgh, no TV nothing , now I hear that they have a plane in Cleveland filled with explosive, can someone confirm this to me! Thanks to all. confused
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:06 PM

this is sooo crazy. THe principal came in to tell us, the high school, at 10:00, told us not to tell the little kids. Then he walks out, walks back in that a plane crashed in Somorset, 80 miles outside of Pittsubrgh. We spent a couple class periods talking about everything ,we stole some radios from the teachers and tuned into the CNN and KDKA. Parents started coming and picking up thier kids and school was canceled.

Everyone onthe street was talking about it. You couldn't walk into a store without hearding the radio playing in the background. at home, we turno nthe tv and watch brokaw and local news and see the pictures and it's terrible. CNN's website has gone crazy.

my older sister lives in New Yrok; she watched the towers go down.

I saw what Bush said. PLease tell me how this was "cowardly"?

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:09 PM

Vendetta - I'm glad to hear your husband is OK. There are so many rumors running rampant now.....I heard something about a fighter jet downing the plane in Pennsylvania.

There is only one tv station here in New York broadcasting over the air (there are normally 7). The other six had their antennas on top of the World Trade Center.

On a normal business day, there are 50,000 people in the World Trade Center. I'm afraid to think of how high the death toll will be.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:10 PM

more details on somerset (they won't shut up about it here): the tower tried to contact the flight, which wouldn't answer. something happened and the flight crashed, maybe b/c of no direction from the tower? No survivors as of yet. I've heard that the flight was either directed to Camp David or the White House.

dink

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Connie:
.... It's completely surreal.

I keep seeing the video of the second jet crashing into the Tower, and of the buildings collapsing.

I can't believe this. I am in total shock!

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:31 PM

From Liz Skywalker:
"I saw what Bush said. PLease tell me how this was "cowardly"?

Because ALL terrorist attacks are cowardly and that's how leaders usually refer to them.
It is cowardly to attack and plan the devastation of thousands of lives, for whatever "cause" one might be representing.
Tim McVeigh was a coward, the bombers of the WTC in 1993 were cowards, and the people responsible for today's events are cowards.

Regardless of our political preferences, let's not pick on the President right now; at times like this he needs our support and faith.

Thank you,
Apples
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:48 PM

What a fucking day to be at the pub, how horrific is this. This is fucked up.

What the hell is the cause? Who the hell is responsible for this?

I saw all the coverage down the pub and it was terrible. I never imagined such a day could happen. And i'm so sorry to all the people who directly suffer from this and thier families.

I hope I don't sound insensitive here but I would like to ask about the future problems this will cause. Is this a long term problem? If so, who are we fighting?

(Not in a good mood)

Off to the pub.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 06:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SC:
[QB]I heard something about a fighter jet downing the plane in Pennsylvania.

SC I heard the same thing. But I am hoping it is just a rumor. Then again if military planes went up what other choice would they have then to down a plane that was headed for a major metro area?

Can't remember who asked "why is it cowardly" but it's just like shooting someone in the back is cowardly.

Big Al, haven't heard the thing about Cleveland, Let's hope it is not true.

I just talked to my friends in England and they said they would like to help us take these guys OUT!

I say we go to the mattresses too! mad mad mad mad mad

Vendetta

p.s. Something else to think about... we have just had our generation's "Where were you when....happened" moment.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Vendetta:
[QUOTE] Then again if military planes went up what other choice would they have then to down a plane that was headed for a major metro area?

That's a good point (and a sad one to ponder). You have to weigh the possibilities of hundreds, or even thousands of people being killed if that plane had hit its target.

BTW - Vendetta - I'm sure your husband could confirm this, but there was some speculation about how the jets were highjacked, and if the pilots were forced to fly them into the targets. Its been suggested that the highjackers themselves took over the controls of the planes, because "no American pilot would ever do that, not even at gunpoint" (quote from some FAA official).

I just heard from a girlfriend that she got home OK (she works a few blocks away from the WTC, and said there is total chaos in the area).

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:19 PM

How was it cowardly, Vendetta? Well, for one, it was an attack that caught the United States off its guard, unlike in a war, terrorists wait for when there is no suspicion or government "heat" on them. Secondly, it ended up killing people who did not have anything to do with them. This in itself lacks courage, at least in a war when you kill your enemy, it's a free-for-all, you're there to defend your country and the people you are hitting are in it because they know they want to be.
I dont like George W. Bush. His father was ok and I liked his administration, but I dont like his son. However, it is applaudable that he affirmed his digust for these individuals (or factions) and that he promised revenge. For all we know, these guys killed themselves in the planes and there was no one to arrest or to use as a witness. Therefore he may, like the tax refund that now may make him dip into social insurance, be blowing smoke. Yet, he is re-assuring the public, and that's what counts.
Looking at this objectively, one can understand that such an event his historically rare (worst act of terrorism ever in the united states) and it took years of planning and meeting and plotting and spying, and what have you. So, the chances of something like this happening again are in the realm of possibility, but, like Bush finding the people responsible, are thin. The best way to overcome the grief of losing a family member or friend in the damage is to put it behind and move forward. That's how I do it when something happens to someone who I know personally or have relations to.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:24 PM

I hate it when this happens....
It was NOT Vendetta who asked how this was cowardly; Vendetta simply contributed an answer to the question (and a very good one, if I must say).
Let's give credit where it is due....
Apples mad
Posted By: the angel of justice

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:25 PM

I'm here in England and most of the news coverage has been concentrated on the World Trade Centre but they did say that another plane had crashed in Pennsylvania but there was no specific details.

It's unbelievable, I can't quite believe whats going on over there, i'd like to offer my condolences to those of you affected in any way at all.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:29 PM

I still say it's cowardly. Every act of agression where the agressor does not show his face is a cowardly act.

What do you have against George W Bush? OK he's my fellow Texan and that means a lot to me, but this is not a time to be criticizing our president.

SC< there is no way that a pilot would take the plane into a building like that, esp with so much water around. They have been showing the flight path on TV and you can tell that the plane was overtaken. They turned very sharply and lost altitude, etc before coming back East to NYC.

The terrorists had to have some flight training. And they had to have taken out the Captain and First Officer. There is no way to tell what happened (yet) but I would swear on the souls of my grandchildren that the AA pilot was disabled or dead - they would not have crashed into that building.

BTW my husband agrees.

Did you hear/see the Arabs cheering? mad

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:37 PM

I saw that, and it made me very angry. I'm not one for censoring the news, but those televised scenes are going to incite a lot of Americans. I've heard rumors that many Muslim cab drivers (here in NY) were being beaten, cursed at, spit on, etc. I hope these stories are false.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:39 PM

Hey Joey it wasn't me who asked about cowardice.

SC glad your friend is ok.

Another weird thing is that all four were what we call transcon flights - coast to coast. That means they were really loaded up on fuel.

And it is fortunate that they were practically empty...These were very large jets, three widebodies, but only 200 passengers between the four flights. It could have been very much worse.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 07:51 PM

It is really more a question of editing than censorship. An editor has to make the call whether to show it or not. I say show it. At least we know what we are up against.

The devil you don't know is worst than the devil you know.

Or something like that.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 08:02 PM

The FBI just confirmed that the plane that went down in Pennsylvania was bound for Camp David.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 08:40 PM

have they said which plane went where? All I know is one of the AA planes went into the WTC. I don't know if they have confirmed which one crashed in Penn.

Isn't Camp David in Maryland? Maybe it was headed south toward MD from PA.

Hey AppleOnYa! Nice to see you here. Like the name too.
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 08:44 PM

I live nowhere near either of the coasts and I am at work today listening to the radio and net-surfing as details have been trickling in....

Even here, our major malls are closed, we have had some school closings, even the main highway which goes past our FAA building has been closed. Our airport here has hundreds of people stranded here from the flights which were diverted. We also have alot of military bases and top secret labs around so security is real tight all around. I work in a government building and people here are even panicked. It is really sad how our whole nation has been affected.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 09:06 PM

I loved the World Trade Center too...

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 09:21 PM

[p.s. Something else to think about... we have just had our generation's "Where were you when....happened" moment.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Vendetta ][/QB]

Very True. I am far too young to have any memory of the Kennedy assassination but I do agree this will be a day that will live in my memory forever.

The only other "moment" I ever had was the feeling I had with the Challenger disaster. Total disbelief combined with sorrow and confusion.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 09:28 PM

#1. #2, #6 and #7 WTC have all come down. Does anybody know where there is a map of the WTC online?

We are going to NYC on the 21st...I wonder if everything will be open, etc.

Any thoughts from New Yorkers? I don't even know if they will have the feast in Little Italy.

It will probably take some time to recover, but I am a firm believer in carrying on and not letting the bastards keep us down.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 10:19 PM

Is today's date just a coincidence?

9/11/01

You know....nine-one-one - emergency??

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 10:23 PM

You are pointing out something....... [Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 10:29 PM

#1. #2, #6 and #7 WTC have all come down. Does anybody know where there is a map of the WTC online?

We are going to NYC on the 21st...I wonder if everything will be open, etc.

I have no idea about what the near future holds for the City. The Mayor just announced that all of Manhattan below 14th Street will be "closed" tomorrow (to help clear the way for emergency service workers).

Here's a map of the WTC complex:
The map is set up in the right direction (ie. north is top). The first plane hit Tower #1 on the north side (near #6 on the map). The second plane hit Tower #2 on the south side (Liberty Street).

[Linked Image]

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 11:49 PM

SC - Thanks for the map. Do you know where Building #7 is (was) in relation to the others?

This whole thing still hasn't sunk in; but I know I've been very distressed all day and continue to be.

I look forward to the President's address at 9pm ET tonight, but I feel it's still too early to announce specificly who's responsible and what course of action we will take.

I was unnerved at the sight of the Palestian children dancing in the streets, but I'm glad I saw it. It should not have been censored to protect us from becomming infuriated -- as we already are.

As for the plane that went down outside of Pittsburgh, I still have not heard that it was headed for Camp David; but it does not suprise me. I know that where they fell was not the intended location of the suicidal terrorists.

My brother got out of the city, after about 8 hours. And he was in Midtown, where he reported people running towards the west side to look for a way out. I cannot imagine what it was like Downtown - the horror of it all.

My hearts go out to all the vicitims. Please pray for them in whatever method you are accustomed to.

The skyline we are all accustomed to will never be the same.

[Linked Image]

JG

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/01 11:58 PM

NYC will never be the same.Innocent people have died.NYC might never be the great place it was.One of the greatest places in the world might lose some of its greatness with this attack.A sad sad thing has occured not just because of NYC maybe losing its tourists and attractions but also because of the lives lost.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 12:06 AM

Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
NYC will never be the same... NYC might never be the great place it was.One of the greatest places in the world might lose some of its greatness with this attack.

This I disagree with.

New Yorkers (residents and workers alike) are some of the greatest anywhere, this proven by their actions during this catastrophe. Had this happened in some other countries I can think of, there'd've been rioting and looting - New Yorkers have shown they have class and actual regard for others when it comes down to it.

We're just rude and obnoxious on a good day. grin

JG

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 12:07 AM

They are now saying 200 of NYC's Firefighters and about 100 Police are unaccounted for. And they are showing the first photos from within the WTC onMSNBC.

They are also now saying the Marriott hotel has also collapsed.

sorry to say that they are also reporting looting in Brooklyn, no doubt by people taking advantage of the fact that many police are in Manhattan.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 12:07 AM

Thankyou for the closure.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 01:24 AM

SC - Thanks for the map. Do you know where Building #7 is (was) in relation to the others?

From what I can remember, #7 was on Vesey Street, so if you're looking at the map, it was just above #5. By the way, #7 was a pretty good sized building itself (it had over 40 floors).

Continued from Geoff:
This whole thing still hasn't sunk in; but I know I've been very distressed all day and continue to be.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been watching Channel 2's coverage all day, and even though I've seen all the videos countless times, it really hasn't registered. I think I'm in shock.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 02:16 AM

I keep thinking I'm watching ID4 or something and am watching the fake news reports on attacks. You know that footage of the 2nd plane hitting the 2nd tower? I keep thinking that it was a fake, "it's only a model" sort of thing.
Posted By: Nickey

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 03:23 AM

I did, and it made me mad as hell?

Now, did anyone else think that this might be a home grown attack, like what happened in Oklahoma??

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 05:45 AM

I don't think it was "home grown" -- Americans aren't so stupidly suicidal, and many fingers point to that exhiled Arab scumbag. But whoever it is, I hope they're found very quickly, and given a slow and painful rubbing out...

JG

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: J Geoff ]
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 06:49 AM

Yeah all reports point to that piece of sh*t. I am not sure when it it was ordered as i was at work but for awhile a few well traveled highways in nebraska which is where i live was shutdown cause president bush spent some time at the bunker at offat airforce base. in omaha. i should say all highways around the base were shutdown and they are well traveled as i have driven past offat airforce base more than once.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 02:48 PM

En-route to and from my job in Northern NJ, I've always enjoyed clear view of the Manhattan skyline. Occassionally I would glance at it and many times not even take notice, it was such a familiar part of the daily routine.

Yesterday driving home, and again this morning going back to work, I took it in every chance I got. There, as always, was the Empire State Building. Several miles to the south, where the Twin Towers used to be, was a billowing cloud of smoke and dust. I found myself wishing I could go back in time just 24 hours, to take in one more look at something I had always taken completely for granted.

This isn't merely about the loss of a landmark; it's is about much more than that. I think that the great Paul Harvey, in his daily radio comments, put it more perfectly than I could ever dream....

"Hug your children closely. Behind their facade of bravado, they have been raped."

I also wholeheartedly agree w/ JGeoff's statement that this will NOT make NYC less great than it was. The spirit of the city and those who live/work there is invincible, and it WILL rise from this madness, quite possibly with a level of greatness than it didn't have before.

Apples

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 06:34 PM

Just listen to Rudie Giuliani. He knows New Yorkers, and assures us they will get over it in the long-term. It was a devastating attack, but not one that "hurt our foundations" (Bush).

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 06:51 PM

I'm not from anywhere near NY, but I have always liked Rudy Guiliani and I have been very impressed with his resolve so far.

Another person I always have liked is Mario Cuomo and I saw him interviewed this morning and he brought up some real good points:

Many Americans are very angry and rightfully so. But when the dust settles, and we get on with our lives, one day at a time, we have to deal with tighter security in the future. Americans are empathetic and angry now but just wait until one of us is late for a flight and want to get through security in a hurry. Mario reminds us we must abide by whatever sanctions are put in place, as they will be there for a reason.

I work with a woman who is bitching up a storm because she is angy at "airport security" (yeah, like who's he? Mr. Airport Security) for breaching safety and security and "allowing" this to happen. But I know her pretty well and I would venture she is one mean bee-atch if made to wait in line at an airport. It is the old....do unto others, not to me.

And I might get reamed here- but here goes: Airport security people are just like you and me...they have headaches, hangovers, fight with their kids, their spouses, they have bad days and get paid poop. They are just PEOPLE doing a job. I would like to think we learned a big lesson here and mandate for better training for these people and hope they realize the importance of their positions but I maintain the only people we can place blame on at this time, are the people directly involved in causing mass casualties.

Sorry, what started as a kudos going out to my man Mario ended in me being on my soapbox. For those of you who know me by now, you know that I dont do that often...

I am usually the quiet, shy one haha. smile

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 07:09 PM

I found out a little earlier that one of the firemen killed was a guy from the neighborhood, Tim Stackpole.

Tim was severely injured in a fire a few years ago, and was hospitalized, recovering for over a year. He could have retired with a disability pension, but he wanted to get back to work doing what he loved - helping people.

He started working again this past spring, and now he's gone.

My sympathies are with his wife, Tara, and their five kids.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 08:07 PM

What Beth E says is so true.
On another list I belong to, the husband of a well-known member was killed on one of the planes that crashed into the WTC. We were given an address to send condolences.

On a happier note: I know a woman who worked in law offices at the WTC; because her babysitter quit suddenly last Friday, she had to take the week cause she had no one to take her daughter to school....

Apples

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 08:28 PM

Well i'm just glad Vita likes the same things I do. I for one am a big supporter of Mario Cuomo, an anti-death penalty advocate, and am also a fan of old Rudy. Oh, and olive-skined dark haired ladies. [Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 08:53 PM

Omygosh!! Anti-death penalty? Is there really such a thing?

I do not consider myself to be a religious fanatic but I have been reamed by friends and co-workers for 2 days now after expressing my views about the death penalty. I say it is wrong to go and bomb a whole country in retalitation. That is like if Timothy McVeigh had gone and bombed the Royal Palace...would we expect the Queen Mum's people to bomb us for the acts of one man just because we are American?? I am all for swift justice but NO MORE TAKING OF INNOCENT LIVES! I'm sorry, I'm doing it again. Lots of you will disagree with me but do me a favor and take it out on Gabbie smile

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 09:45 PM

This has nothing to do with what happened yesterday but are you sexist La Dolce Vita?

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 09:50 PM

Originally posted by josh:
This has nothing to do with what happened yesterday but are you sexist La Dolce Vita?

Am I sexist? Where in the world did that come from?

I'm familiar with the term but I'm not sure where you are coming from Josh???!!!
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:00 PM

I still say it's cowardly. Every act of agression where the agressor does not show his face is a cowardly act.

I'm sorry for you Americans, but maybe you forgot about the Oklahoma bombing. The first thing you did was point you're finger to the Arabs, in a later stadium it seems to be one of of your own Americans. (Mr. Mcvei)

I'm neutral in this case, i'm Italian and it's not my business. But maybe it's reasonable to wait until someone claims the action before you point youre finger.

Ok, it's not my case, i'm no Arab lover and i'm not an American lover also, but think, for the love of god, twice before you point you're finger.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Don_Michel ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:03 PM

It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist. Like the replies you write saying things about crimes that men commit and it seems that you try to make men sound as evil as possible in ever post you post and yet you never seem to talk about crimes women do(I know that men do a whole lot more crimes than women but women still do a lot of crimes).

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:11 PM

Wow! This discussion sure has taken a turn! rolleyes

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:27 PM

Originally posted by SC:
Wow! This discussion sure has taken a turn!

What do you think SC ??????????????

America is "World News" at this moment, it doesn't matter where you from, anybody has his words fixed at this moment.

You're from New York your self SC, how did you experienced this moment, was it in your area?

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:32 PM

No one has forgotten Oklahoma City, Don_Michel. Dont you ever think that. Secondly, the reason we thought it was terrorists from abroad was because of the numerous threats we had received, as well as the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center that left 1000 injured and 6 dead. We had no way of knowing straight away that an american was responsible, and since it is the style of the news to speculate and throw around theories, you can bet your ass most people thought it was an extremist arab group. It turns out it wasn't, and McVeigh was punished with his life. We can surely move on, cant we?

By the way, I like to keep my personal opinions about people out of this, but I have to clear the air about something you said, Josh. A: Sonny's Girl is not sexist, she's merely trying to be friendly - why would she name herself as the girl of a male character if she loathed them so much? And dont get me started on La Dolce Vita, although I didnt have the blessing of meeting her in real life, i'm convinced she's the nicest person i've seen around here yet. Probably the best looking too wink.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:38 PM

Originally posted by Joey Montana:
We can surely move on, cant we?

Sure you can move one, Mr. Montana. No hard feelings for you. But don't forget about the finger i mentioned. Look in your own country first before you convict anyone. There are lots of idiots in the States who can plan an act like this.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:40 PM

Originally posted by josh:
It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist. Like the replies you write saying things about crimes that men commit and it seems that you try to make men sound as evil as possible in ever post you post and yet you never seem to talk about crimes women do(I know that men do a whole lot more crimes than women but women still do a lot of crimes).

You may have me confused with someone else, I dont think I have ever talked about men per se, unless referring to "mankind".

I happen to absolutely love men......

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:47 PM

In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans, I can kind of see what he is trying to say although I think he is fresh out of tact.....

What happened yesterday was the tremendous loss of life. It doesnt matter to me the color or race of the people committing such an act just as I think many people in the world don't look at the color or race of the many victims. Sounds cliche, but people are people and given any motivation be it money, politics or religion can make crazy people come from any nationality. When Don Michel says he doesnt love the arabs and he doesnt love the americans and he is neutral, I feel he is missing the "compassion" gene. Many innocent victims with much family and friends to grieve them. For this I care not about race or color.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:50 PM

Hi, I'm back, I just put my soapbox away smile

Did you guys here this one?:

A man working on one of the higher floors of one of the towers was there when it got hit and managed to evacuate. Guess who was on the plane which crashed into it but his sister and her family who perished. I heard this on the bona fide news this afternoon.

Prayers to that family.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 10:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don_Michel:
[QB]

Sure you can move one, Mr. Montana. Look in your own country first before you convict anyone.

Joey, arent you in Canada??

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 11:07 PM

Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don_Michel:
[QB]

Joey, arent you in Canada??

It doesn't matter for me where he's from, maybe he is just solidair with you Americans.

Don't think i liked the actions, but liked i'm mentioned before i'm no party in it.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/01 11:16 PM

Originally posted by Don_Michel:
You're from New York your self SC, how did you experienced this moment, was it in your area?

I'm a 20 minute car ride to where the Towers used to be, so its not like I'm close. You guys around the world are probably seeing more of this than I am.....There are normally 7 different broadcast tv stations (not including "cable stations") that send their signals over the air. There is now only one working for those of us that don't have cable. The six other stations had their antennas on top of the Tower.

Many of my friends have harrowing personal stories, of seeing all this close up....one saw the second plane as it hit the Tower; others saw bodies fall out of the Towers as the buildings were burning; a few ran for their lives when the Towers collapsed, and the thick smoke, dust and debris made it almost impossible to breathe; some had to walk for MILES to find any kind of transportation home.

The only "personal" thing I can describe is the sound of fighter jets flying overhead. I live a 1/4 mile away from the coast, and a Navy aircraft carrier, the "George Washington" arrived offshore this morning. They've been sending flights out all day, and it sounded a little like the Persian Gulf back in 1991.

I've followed the Mayor's suggestion, and stayed out of Manhattan, and will do so for a while.

I live in a "mixed" neighborhood....made up of Jews, Italians, Russians and Chinese. Almost everyone wants some sort of retaliation, and they want it quick.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 12:01 AM

In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans..........fresh out of tact.....

When Don Michel says he doesnt love the arabs and he doesnt love the americans and he is neutral, I feel he is missing the "compassion" gene. Many innocent victims with much family and friends to grieve them. For this I care not about race or color.

La Dolce Vita, like i said before i feel sorry for you Americans but i'm neutral in this "silly" horror thing. I don't like the American point of view in the Palestine case but i don't think that it will approve an act of terror like shown yesterday.

Like i said before i really feel sorry for you and for for all the peoples who lost a beloved one. The act of terror yesterday proved one thing. America doesn't reign the world anymore, altough i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 01:30 AM

In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans, I can kind of see what he is trying to say although I think he is fresh out of tact.....

Maybe the reason why i'm "so called" fresh out of tact is that my English is not to good. It's not my first language, and if i react in Italian will make no sence either, so i don't know all the right words to be tactfull, don't think i'm stonecold or so cause the act of terror yesterday hurts me also.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 02:47 AM

America is the greatest power. It just got too comfortable with its serenity and missing intern headlines that it didn't expect something like this would happen, even though those blowhard extremist groups had sworn revenge and bloodshed would happen, I guess no one took them seriously.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 05:07 AM

Originally posted by Don_Michel:

La Dolce Vita, like i said before i feel sorry for you Americans but i'm neutral in this "silly" horror thing. I don't like the American point of view in the Palestine case but i don't think that it will approve an act of terror like shown yesterday.

Like i said before i really feel sorry for you and for for all the peoples who lost a beloved one. The act of terror yesterday proved one thing. America doesn't reign the world anymore, altough i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing.

First of all, as an American, I've always felt proud of my ability to empathize with those of other races/nationalities/religions/whatever. Maybe that's just me...

Now, that being the case, I find your words despicable. You hardly sound "neutral" to me.

While the CIA has been accused of despicable acts in the past, I cannot see that now -- my God.

And, I'm not gonna say "well, of course America still rules the world!" because I never really thought that they should necessarily be in that position in the first place. But, if that's how everyone else feels, then fine -- because there has been no loss of "strength" in America.

An incident like this only makes us stronger -- so God help those responsible.

That's my first reaction, sure...

JG

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 06:52 AM

What a difference!

The pictures (below) were taken from Brooklyn looking west across the East River. The photo on top was taken September 12th, the day after the Towers went down.

in the bottom photo: The Tower with the large antenna on top was the north Tower. This was the one hit by the first plane, but the second one to topple.

Before and after
[Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 09:17 AM

Now, that being the case, I find your words despicable. You hardly sound "neutral" to me.

While the CIA has been accused of despicable acts in the past, I cannot see that now -- my God.

JG

I dont see the despicable tendence of my words in the posting, and i never had the intension to hurt your feelings. I'f it is please accept my excuses.

Why i wrote it then?

America doesn't reign the world anymore

Right after the attempt the airports where closed. Far as i know they still are, the whole American industry and financial life can't function at this moment. Everyone is affraid (i'm not suprised because i'll should be affraid too i've it happens in my country.) America is disabled.

i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing

The world economics doesn't work for a few months, check Nasdaq and Wallstreet for that. What is good for the economics ............. a war. I've there is no reasons for a war, why don't create reason for it then. Blow a building or two, point you're finger to bin Laden and you have reasons enough to intervent Afghanistan.
Posted By: Don Andolini

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 11:18 AM

Don_Michel,
You need to think more carefully about the opinions you are expressing here. I understand that some meaning can be lost in translation (Italian to English) but their can be no mistaking the sentiment of your words. I for one am not interested in your ill thought-out conspiracy theory and would appreciate it if you would keep it to your self, at least for a while - this only happened two days ago. quite frankly you sound like a twit. As to your notion that the events on tuesday do not directly affect you, you are again mistaken. This was, as has now been said many times, an attack on ALL the free western world and that would include not only the US but also Italy and my home the UK.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 11:45 AM

Ok Don Andolini, i'll quit.

But i don't like people who point to someone while they don't know who really is responsable for the attack.

Like i said before, i never had the intention to hurt anyone, accept my excuses if i did.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 02:00 PM

Beth, when i say i quit i'll quit!

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/01 11:27 PM

Come on Don_Michel it was just getting good...... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/01 05:12 AM

Have no idea where the discussion is heading but I would just like to express my condolances to everyone who was hurt in ne way by this vicious, brutal, senseless attack..Although I know there will be the ignorant few who blame the first Arab or Muslim they see, I hope these attacks do not add too much fuel to the stereotype of the Qur'an thumping, gun toting Muslim terrorist.. As North Americans we know better than to fall victim to these types of hurtful stereotypes. However as Americans and Canadians and members of NATO we must strike back at these cowardly terrorists and let neone who threatens our peace know that this type of an attack will not be tolerated... I hope that one day the world will learn that violence for the sake of violence alone cannot solve nething..
-K. J.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/01 09:44 AM

Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
Come on Don_Michel it was just getting good...... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]

No!!

I realize that it's sometimes better to keep your opinions for your self. Maybe i'll return on this subject in a few months when everything is cleared up.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/15/01 04:18 PM

I've been off the board for a couple of days, but wanted to respond to something Josh wrote:

It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist.

Now wait just a dadgum minute. (Yeah I'm from Texas...and I'm fixin to get mad).

What did I ever say to make you think I am sexist? Do you even know what sex I am, anyway? For all you know I could be a man or a woman. So could Vita and Sonny's Girl for that matter. Of course Joey would be very upset if Vita was in fact a 60 year old guy sitting around in a one room garage apartment, wearing a tank top and week's growth of beard, typing messages with one hand and thinking about Joey ...sorry, I digress)

Anyway I don't know where you're getting this. I don't think Sonny's Girl, Vita or I have said anything sexist!

Now I'd like to talk about DonMichel. He's apologized so I think everyone should give him a break. He's said English is not his first language, and he was apparently misunderstood.

Also everyone remember that emotions are high right now and we need to support each other, not bicker.

We've cancelled our trip to New York next weekend, unfortunately.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 08/10/03 12:36 PM

Never forget what those bastards did dude... ohwell
Posted By: John Petosa

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 08/17/03 05:56 PM

I never will be able to forget, those bastards killed my cousin Diana.
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 08/17/03 06:17 PM

Originally posted by John Petosa:
I never will be able to forget, those bastards killed my cousin Diana.
I'm so sorry John Petosa
Posted By: badguytony

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 08/17/03 06:18 PM

My condolences as well. Sorry for your loss.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 06:15 AM

2 years ago, today.

Never forget what those mvtherfvcking bastards did.

2 years ago, today. And Bin Laden is still alive.

(WTF is wrong with us?)

2 years ago, today. Seems like yesterday.

2 years ago, today; I cried.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 06:36 AM

I was just watching a show on The Discovery Channel that made me MAD AS HELL. The show was about Islam and the middle east. It almost seemed like they were trying to show THE ATTACKS (I hate it when they are refered to as tragedys...they were ATTACKS) in a positve light. The show said that America needs to learn why the world hates us. It almost sounded like they want America to apoligze for making the terrorists mad! It makes me sick to my stomach to hear B.S. like that. [Linked Image] God bless the men and women who serve our country, God bless our President and GOD BLESS AMERICA! Bring Bin Laden's head home in a bag!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 06:59 AM

2 years ago, today; I cried.
As did most of us.

With all the hoopla over the anniversary there are tons of tv shows offering documentaries on the attacks. I was watching a special on A&E the other day and I was (still) glued to the screen. Watching the clips of those brave firemen and cops going into the buildings, knowing that there was a fairly good chance they were gonna die, is STILL very hard to view. Watching all those poor office workers pouring out of the towers, covered with soot, faces etched in fear, STILL has me wondering how terrible it must have been for them. Reliving all those stories about last minute telephone calls to family members for those trapped by the flames STILL makes me wonder how those family members are surviving.

Two days ago I cried, too. Only this time the tears stayed inside. Theres a certain resignation in me that revenge against the attackers, and those who planned it, won't be good enough.

Will we EVER get over this?

SHOULD we?
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 08:38 AM

2 years ago? Christ, it does not seem that long ago.

When I found out, I was all like: "shit!" I was sick that day, I went with my mum over to visit a friend who was completely stoned and listening to the radio. They said:
"Did you hear about the planes that just crashed in New York? There's like this, domino effect happening!" (Then they proceeded to fall asleep for 5 minutes, then they woke up and made 10 cups of coffee). So we went home, I looked at the TV, and I was completely awestruck.

It's terrifying.

And in all honesty, THAT'S war for you (yes, this is a form of war. Explosions, killing, destruction.) Wouldn't you think after experiencing the terror and horror of this stuff you might not support doing the same thing back? I know what kind of reaction this is gonna get, but you have to realise I'm not glorifying the attacks, I'm not making them out differently, I'm not being disrespectful to the victims. I was so sad that day that it's escalated to this. It's scary. It's fucking scary and you guys all know it, don't you? You've had it in your own country!!! It's terrifying, sad, destructive...

*sigh* So sad.

I give all possible respect and condolences to victims, families, and those haunted by this. I was. Not to the extent of your average American, but it really saddened me.

What a terrible thing to happen. I've heard so many stories, seen so many pictures, it's scary.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 10:25 AM

I dreaded waking up this morning. I knew it would be something that we have to remember. But a part of me wants to close my eyes and pretend it never happened. Too much grief and pain to bear. We all have to get up and go to work and do our daily duties today. But it all seems so insignificant. I cried 2 years ago too. I looked at the tv in disbelief. I don't believe that same gut wrenching feeling will subside today. But I will keep busy, do what needs to be done today. The alternate is to just sit and reflect. I feel I'd be nothing but a marshmellow in a corner if I did that.
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 11:27 AM

I was 22, going on 23. A year fresh out of college, with my whole life in front of me. I had taken a job as a small-time project engineer.

I came in the office at about 8. I noticed something strange. It was silent. I opened the doors to where the desks and cubicals are. In the back corner, about 15 guys were packed together. They were watching a TV someone had moved in. I saw a little part of it. The World Trade Center. I walked over to where one of the vets stood. He stared in disbelief and out of the corner of his mouth he whispered to me, "Get those people outta there. That sucker is gonna fall."

2 minutes later it did. We had the TV going for the couple of weeks.

It made us realize something. I remember later in the day they showed a video of many people somewhere in the Middle East. They made their hands form a "V" for Victory. I didn't know it much until then. We are hated.

Most of the guys said "in the next 5 years, they're will be another one. Maybe worse."

I can't even begin to imagine. This one still hurts, and it always will.
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 11:41 AM

[Linked Image]

I love this picture.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 08:24 PM

Well

The Best Military In the World

The Best Intelignce...

AND WE CANT FIND A TALL GUY WITH A BEARD!
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 09:37 PM

It almost sounded like they want America to apoligze for making the terrorists mad!

Just out of interest, do any of you know why the terrorists did this? I hate what they did and I would take Osama out myself if I could, but there must be a reason somewhere, even if it is wrapped up in lies and propaganda. Any clues?
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 09:45 PM

Most Americans just have a different culuture than they do. We arent as strict on our women. They fell that is wrong to show a womans body.
Actuaually Jihad means "stuggle to introduce Islam to other lands" or somthing to that extent.
So because moslty of our cultural differences and many other things they have a hatred towards us.
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 09:49 PM

Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[QB] The show said that America needs to learn why the world hates us.QB]
And don't you think that by understanding why people hates the US the governement could make peace and improve their relationship and status in front of the world. If the US could listen for the cries of help of other countries, I'm sure as hell that his crap would've never happened.

Raymundo-

Welcome. In My opinion, the people that did the attacks had their own personal reasons to do so. Not to justify them. But maybe they had this growing hate against the US. Who knows? An histroy of murdered relatives or firends? Years and years of having a country in need of help.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Don Mataya:

So because moslty of our cultural differences and many other things they have a hatred towards us.
I wish it were that simple DM.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 10:01 PM

It's only a matter of time until we got Laden and Saddam. We have special forces squads that are JUST for getting these two. Hopefully they will be punished painfully and on to end up in hell.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 11:52 PM

Originaly posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
And don't you think that by understanding why people hates the US the governement could make peace and improve their relationship and status in front of the world. If the US could listen for the cries of help of other countries, I'm sure as hell that his crap would've never happened.

No, I dont give a damn WHY they did it, I only care about REVENGE and never letting it happen again! [Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/11/03 11:54 PM

Originaly posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:

No, I dont give a damn [b]WHY
they did it, I only care about REVENGE and never letting it happen again! [Linked Image] [/b]
Vengence Only Begots more vengence....
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/03 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Saladbar:
Originally posted by Don Mataya:
[b]
I wish it were that simple DM. [/b]
You know, last semester a teacher of mine touched on one of the best reasons on why the Middle East hates us. Our three most important things in the country are, historically and theoretically, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," followed by secondary elements such as family, religion, and culture. In Middle Eastern society, it is the other way around; family, religion, and culture comes first, whereas "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" come second. This is a very telling difference between our two societies in the sense that they are diametrically opposed to one another. Countless other reasons exist as to why they hate us, but this is a major factor of the hatred of the West exhibited by many Muslim societies.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/03 03:21 AM

Originaly posted by Mike Sulivan:

Not if all those BASTARDS are DEAD! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/03 08:40 PM

Originaly posted by Mike Sulivan:

Not if all those [b]BASTARDS
are DEAD! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [/b]
The "bastards" are always there NGE. And which bastards are these? You wanna nuke the Middle East?

You wanna blow everything up? This makes you better than them, how? It is terrorism man, and you know it.

If 9/11 was such a terrible and horrible thing, then why are you going and repeating it except to a larger but less notable extent? Because they attacked civilians. What is it, 500,000 Iraqi children expected to die? I dunno, but you've killed a lot more civilians, and little good is being done.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/12/03 08:53 PM

i remember where i was when i found out, period 2 in the library. the librarian pretty much knew everything. everyone looked at her like she was a whack job. 2 periods later, in period 4, the principal told all teachers to check their email. the email was telling teachers to continue as if it was a normal day and turn off the tv because "IT WASN'T EDUCATIONAL." that's right. do you know how pissed we were? we were like, "what?! our kids will be reading this one day in their history books!" i don't know if it was because people were upset or what, but it was definetly lame.
Posted By: Luca's boy

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/13/03 03:17 PM

Second period religon. The assistant princapal came in and told the teacher to tell us. They didn't let us outside, and by period five the Principal told the teachers to turn off T.V.s,radios, even some computers. But the teachers said to hell with that and left them on anyway.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 01:51 AM

Originaly posted by Anton The Penguin:
The "bastards" are always there NGE. And which bastards are these? You wanna nuke the Middle East?
YES
You wanna blow everything up?
Again...YES
What is it, 500,000 Iraqi children expected to die
I dont give a damn about Iraqi children.
Posted By: Dead Ohio Sky

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 02:15 AM

Damn, remind me never to piss off Nice Guy Eddie! lol

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 02:56 AM

Anton The Penguin - I don't think you understand something here: we were attacked. In your pacifist nature, I guess it is OK to just sit back and do nothing, waiting for another attack, but in my view, it's about time something is done about terrorism, and Bush, so far, has done a lot more than I expected him to. Civilian casualties, my friend, are a by-product of war and can't be prevented, but I think we've been doing a pretty damn good job of keeping them minimal. It's not good that some civilians are getting killed, but again, it is inevitable in war. Your bombing point is also off: if we have to bomb every terrorist hideout in every country in the world, if that is what it takes to lessen the threat of terrorism and eventually vanquish it, then that is what needs to be done. It's a matter of protecting ourselves, Anton The Penguin.

Nice Guy Eddie - Eloquently spoken... wink I've been watching a lot of the specials that they've had on lately, and it still sends chills through my spine to see those towers fall, because of some crazed, psycho, terrorist lunatics. When I see the people on the streets holding pictures of their lost relatives it really makes me respect all that President Bush is doing.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 11:22 AM

Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Anton The Penguin - I don't think you understand something here: we were attacked. In your pacifist nature, I guess it is OK to just sit back and do nothing, waiting for another attack, but in my view, it's about time something is done about terrorism, and Bush, so far, has done a lot more than I expected him to. Civilian casualties, my friend, are a by-product of war and can't be prevented, but I think we've been doing a pretty damn good job of keeping them minimal. It's not good that some civilians are getting killed, but again, it is inevitable in war. Your bombing point is also off: if we have to bomb every terrorist hideout in every country in the world, if that is what it takes to lessen the threat of terrorism and eventually vanquish it, then that is what needs to be done. It's a matter of protecting ourselves, Anton The Penguin.
I love how alot of the anti-war people love to talk about how America causes so many civilian casualties.

I guess that all those people who died in WTC weren't casualties then? They started it. We are gonna finish it.

NGE...I applaud you! [Linked Image]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 04:13 PM

Look...

The Iraqis Did not Attack us. The Afganis Didnt Attack us. The Terrorists did. And In both wars in those Countries their was colateral damage but to the extent that We declared war on the countries and NOT the Terror and Opresion! We did not handle the War Correctly...Especialy Iraq...

Anoter Revolution has come in America were the People are not allowed to make their own opinion.

We need another Revolution...

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 09/14/03 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Mike Sulivan:
Look...

The Iraqis Did not Attack us. The Afganis Didnt Attack us. The Terrorists did. And In both wars in those Countries their was colateral damage but to the extent that We declared war on the countries and NOT the Terror and Opresion! We did not handle the War Correctly...Especialy Iraq...

Anoter Revolution has come in America were the People are not allowed to make their own opinion.

You sure are full of shit, bro...I like ya, but you're quite wrong on this one.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 10/02/03 07:35 AM

I was reading through some of the old threads here and... got the chills when I saw this one! A two year old thread worthy of rememberance...
Posted By: Nyah

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 10/03/03 07:11 PM

i got the chills just from catching the topic itself... i still remember very clearly all that happened around me that day...
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 10/04/03 05:50 PM

The Iraqis Did not Attack us. The Afganis Didnt Attack us. The Terrorists did.
That's true. However, Afghanistan and Iraq supported those terrorists. Terrorist governments can no longer be tolerated by the US or anyone. Blood is the price of freedom.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 10/04/03 06:04 PM

I got the chills too. Just who lived that day know how it was like.

Any of you watched the second plan crash on WTC live? I had missed class that day and I did.
I remember EXACTLY that moment and what I thought at that time
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 10/05/03 04:53 AM

I got a call from my mom that woke me up that day. She said the World Trade Center was hit by a plane. I turned it on, and a few minutes later, the second one hit. I didn't leave the T.V. set for days.

I was working at a hotel at the time, and I had to work the day after the attack. Of course all vacations were cancelled and nobody showed up to stay at the hotel, so there were just a bunch of us employees sitting around watching the news for our entire shift. I'll never forget that.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 11/02/03 12:04 AM

heres my story:

i was in 2nd period when the principal LIED to us and told the teachers that the electricity for the computers failed and the televison sets. Around 5th period my dad came to pick me up and he told me that the pentagon was hit. My dad worked in an office right across the pentagon, and he said he heard a airplane, a boom, and an employee screaming "Holy Shit!" he ran to the window and saw the fire. I told him i want to go see the Pentagon. He took a shortcut so that we wouldnt get stuck in traffic, and we parked in the parking lot of the macys, and we saw the ambulances. My dad started crying. i couldnt find the emotions. my own father crying. It fianlly didnt sink in that thousands of people died until september 13th, when i was watching WWF, and they sang the National anthem. I cryed like a baby the whole night.

Remember 9/11

RB

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 11/02/03 05:07 PM

Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Originally posted by Mike Sulivan:
[b] Look...

You sure are full of shit, bro...I like ya, but you're quite wrong on this one. [/b]
You are right. Im full of shit but I beleve in this
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? - 11/02/03 05:11 PM

I dont live in the city, but I live very close. alot of the kids in my school have parents and relatives that commute to the city and worked in the trade center. the day it happened, relatives of the kids whose parents died kept showing up. everybody was crying... it was a huge mess. the gymnasium became a trauma center for kids who lost relatives and there were a number of them. I will never forget that day.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET