Home

My family needs the help

Posted By: BAM_233

My family needs the help - 01/23/16 10:52 PM

I don't normally ask for favors or anything, since my father is one of the most proudest men that I ever met. He would help others, before he would help himself. He served for this country in Vietnam, and for whatever reason, didn't seek V.A. help. From what I gather, he felt like he would take away from another soldier who served, and was worse off than him. He always has been a great father to his kids, and I will miss him greatly when he is at peace.

My family needs the help for his funeral and financial support. If you can not donate, spreading the link will also help a lot. Please keep us in your thoughts. I don't want my dad to worry about us, after he is gone. Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/n2kxscr8
Posted By: Footreads

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 01:41 AM

Are you his daughter? He seems like a cool guy. I envy you having a good father.

I don't know what a good father is like.

All you need is a thousand total?

Let me know I think I would like to help you out.

Footreads

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 02:14 AM

No, his youngest son. Yeah, it would help out a lot for the family with the funeral expense and support for my mom and I. Besides my social security, my dad was the only one who would earn a paycheck and drive.

Thank you very much! Whatever you can give, will help a ton.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 02:43 AM

Ok I just made a donation it gets you to your goal.

See contrary to what people say I am a nice guy smile
Posted By: Mark

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 03:11 AM

Foots, you did a real good thing here... as well as the others who donated.

BAM is a good kid who's been around here for a long time. He's liked by everybody and is a big time sports fan.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, BAM.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

That was very kind of you, Foots..I think you're a good guy, just misunderstood. wink "Legend" in my book.

@Bam-Sorry you have to go through this difficult time...Stay strong and keep the faith...I wrote a little something in the other thread, in case you missed it.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 03:18 AM

Nice.

Good luck B
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 03:40 AM

Thoughts and Prayers for your dad and family Bam. A generous and class act Foots.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 03:40 AM

Thank you very much!! You don't know how much that makes us feel right now! My sister also thanks you for your really kind donation.

And, for the others who have been saying really nice stuff, just thank you so much! It means a lot.

Edit: My heart is so heavy right now. My father, quietly passed away. I am going to miss him that quiet man, my father so much. I might not be on here for the time being, please take care, and just be there for your loved ones.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 07:14 PM

Bam, be sure to file for a military headstone. It will help you guys out. I think they offer a foot stone for free now, but can be used as a head stone if needed. The funeral home should be able to help out. If not, all you need probably is his DD-214.

Sorry for your loss bro.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 07:47 PM

Sorry for you loss Bam, stay strong..
Posted By: SC

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 09:37 PM

BAM, I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: My family needs the help - 01/24/16 11:15 PM

BAM, you have my deepest condolences.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: My family needs the help - 01/25/16 12:10 AM

Sorry for your loss Bam. Sounded like a great guy smile

Re: My family needs the help - 01/25/16 12:14 AM

Sincere condolences, BAM.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My family needs the help - 01/25/16 12:42 AM

Bam,

So hard losing a parent. I am so sorry for your loss. frown

TIS
Posted By: XDCX

Re: My family needs the help - 01/25/16 08:56 AM

BAM, I am so very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest and most sincere condolences. frown

Re: My family needs the help - 01/26/16 06:43 PM

I get an email from the site that collects the money and they said they refunded my donation. Why, I have no idea. So I just resent it I donated through that site before did not have a problem.

I did not want Bam to think I changed my mind. I would never do that.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/26/16 10:56 PM

I get an email from the site that collects the money and they said they refunded my donation. Why, I have no idea. So I just resent it I donated through that site before did not have a problem.

From what I understand, that can happen at times with the site not getting the right information or something along those lines. It happens, so no harm there.

Got arrangements set up for Friday, and selected songs to use for service. Quite a bit of the Beatles, and couldn't get Sinatra's My Way, but Elvis is good enough though. American Pie since he grew up during that time period and his favorite country singer Garth Brooks The Dance.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/26/16 11:17 PM

BAM, do you need an MP3 of Sinatra's, "My Way"?

Re: My family needs the help - 01/27/16 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
BAM, do you need an MP3 of Sinatra's, "My Way"?

My brother is using music from Amazon Prime, and all they had was Sinatra and Paul Anka. Nothing against Paul Anka, but it just doesn't sound that good and honestly, I'm not sure if my dad was a fan of his.

Elvis is a good second option though, since my dad is a big fan of his. Thanks for the offer though smile.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/27/16 12:50 AM

Anytime, my fellow Prairie State pal.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: My family needs the help - 01/27/16 03:26 AM

It's so difficult to lose a parent. I really feel for you. Your father seemed like a wonderful man. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/27/16 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233

From what I understand, that can happen at times with the site not getting the right information or something along those lines. It happens, so no harm there.

Got arrangements set up for Friday, and selected songs to use for service. Quite a bit of the Beatles, and couldn't get Sinatra's My Way, but Elvis is good enough though. American Pie since he grew up during that time period and his favorite country singer Garth Brooks The Dance.

My Way was the song ear played at my wedding. I wanted my wife to know who was running the show. I did not know at the time she be the one that actually would be the boss.

Re: My family needs the help - 01/31/16 10:07 PM

My father's service went well this past Friday morning. His ashes are back home now, along with his flag. I still hope that I can have the 'The Quiet Man' inscribed on his urn.

Anyways, I want to thank everybody once again for the well wishes and prayers for my father and my family. We all appreciate it.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: My family needs the help - 02/01/16 02:21 AM

My father's service went well this past Friday morning. His ashes are back home now, along with his flag. I still hope that I can have the 'The Quiet Man' inscribed on his urn.

Anyways, I want to thank everybody once again for the well wishes and prayers for my father and my family. We all appreciate it.

God Bless B.

MY Da has that ( The Quiet Man) - on his Headstone.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: My family needs the help - 02/01/16 09:16 PM

That's great to hear. Will be praying for y'all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET