Home

How do people make it (financially) in NYC?

Posted By: Joey_Cusack

How do people make it (financially) in NYC? - 11/25/15 04:16 PM

Obviously from Burrough to Burrough and neighborhood, things will be cheaper, but from what I found, it's still outrageously high. I know people can get Section 8 but not everyone can get it.
How do normal, average people live in the city? I've never lived or even been anywhere close but yeesh.... The cheapest I saw (online) was like $1500-$1800 a month for a one bedroom. $1500 was about the average for a studio.

You guys that were born and raised there, it's normal you. But what about people that move there later in life? Does everyone have more than one roommate? Does everyone work more than one job? Do the jobs just pay a ridiculous amount more than they do here (central IL)?

It just blows my mind.... And I am just thinking if it's just one person, what if you have a family?

Here, a higher end two bedroom apartment is like $500-$600 a month, with utilities paid. A top dollar, fancy apartment is like $800 max.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: How do people make it (financially) in NYC? - 11/25/15 11:22 PM

Not for nothing, but I live in a suburb outside of Tampa (not one of the upscale ones) and a decent three bedroom apt goes for 1k-1400/month w/o utilities depending which complex. On the flipside I live in a 2200 Sq ft custom home with a pool on half an acre within a deed restricted community and my mortgage is $1200/month. But I often wondered how much more one makes in New York for the same job down here. For instance the street cops in Pasco County FL start at $18/hr without a pension. I know a friend's cousin in Nassau or Suffolk County who is making over $100k/year. I also understand that they are one of the highest paid angencies.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET