Home

Songs you never want to hear again

Posted By: Turnbull

Songs you never want to hear again - 11/15/15 06:13 PM

Do you have any songs you never want to hear again? I'll start with mine--and why I never want to hear them again:

In 1965, my wife and I took a trip from Brooklyn NY to Niagara Falls, Canada, in our VW Beetle (40 hp). It was a hot July day, the Beetle wasn't air-conditioned and was way underpowered for driving on the NY State Thruway--and all it had was an a-m radio. All I got for endless hours was Top 40 stations. All I heard on the trip, endlessly, were "Satisfaction" by the Stones; "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher, and "California Girls" by the Beach Boys. Grrr! mad

Five and a half years later I started commuting, in the same car, from Brooklyn to a new job in Murray Hill, NJ. All I heard on that long, tedious commute were "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher, "I Got a Key" by Melanie and (ugh!) "The Day the Music Died." mad mad

Yours?
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/15/15 06:50 PM

Haha I have a habit of listening to songs I like over and over until I get sick of them.

But my grand guys like them.

Walk like a man - four seasons

Tonight my love tonight- Paul anka

American pie

Born to be wild

Cara Mia jay an the Americans

You llost that loving feeling

Duke of earl all my grand kids sing that
Duke duke duke duke of earl haha

Eh Cupari haha Julius Larosa

Hot town summer in the city

Pointer sister song I am so excited
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/15/15 11:02 PM

I had a job where I had to work in a cubicle for several months, in a sea of other cubicles. The person next to me had a radio going, which didn't bother me because the volume was kept very low. Through the course of the day, though, background noise changes, and what you might not hear at all at midday you'll hear little bits of when things are quieter. It was late 1997, and to this day I can hear any single note of Green Day's "Time of Your Life" or Celine Dion's Titanic song and identify it immediately.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 12:10 AM

Phil Collins. Anything by him

The End of the World- The Cure, dated a girl for 5 years who loved The Cure, loved this song.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 04:47 AM

As it will soon be the season for Christmas songs, I'll just say that if I never hear Paul McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime' again I would be thrilled.

Also, any song by Guns N Roses or Bonjovi. Die, you talentless hacks.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 04:55 AM

Born in the USA

I Want to Rock n Roll All Night (KISS)

Jump by the Pointer Sisters
Every time I turned on MTV this song was playing, way too overplayed

Money For Nothing (Dire Straits) Overplayed on MTV

Always Something There to Remind Me (Naked Eyes)

We Built This City (Jefferson Airplane/Starship)

I'm with Foots as I cannot listen to another Frankie Valli song again

Macarena

Footloose

I've Had the Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing soundtrack)

Dude Looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith)
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 05:27 AM

Most current music on the radio
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Born in the USA

I Want to Rock n Roll All Night (KISS)

Jump by the Pointer Sisters
Every time I turned on MTV this song was playing, way too overplayed

Money For Nothing (Dire Straits) Overplayed on MTV

Always Something There to Remind Me (Naked Eyes)

We Built This City (Jefferson Airplane/Starship)

I'm with Foots as I cannot listen to another Frankie Valli song again

Macarena

Footloose

Dude Looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith)

I agree with your list except the KISS song. I'd add another overplayed song: "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zep. I got tired of "Kashmir" also. They're both long songs which made it worse. I do like LZ, but burned out on those two. "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. A nice novelty song for the first five times you here it, after that, that's enough.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 07:45 AM

I have many, many songs that would make the list.

But, for now, I'll start with I've Had The Time Of My Life from "Dirty Dancing".

And why? Here's the story:

My folks retired to Florida in 1985. Less than two years later, my mom died and a predatory widow got her claws into my father and he allowed himself to be pushed into a marriage he didn't want. And the song she demanded be played at their wedding (which I did not attend)? Yep. You guessed it.

The beeeyotch was a monster. Despised by everybody, and with good reason. One of those "she who yells the loudest is right" people. But I have many other good, valid reasons for hating this harpy, and they will remain private.

So, that song is one that brings back very bad, bitter memories. Everyone concerned is dead now, but I still hear that damned song in commercials. I immediately change the channel. mad

Signor V.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
But, for now, I'll start with I've Had The Time Of My Life from "Dirty Dancing".

You're putting Baby in a corner! No one puts Baby in a corner!

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 01:18 PM

That was a funny line. If I was her father I would have kicked his ass for telling me where I could put my daughter smile

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 01:19 PM

A lot of good old songs on that sound track.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 01:21 PM

Remember the Titans a lot of good songs on that sound track.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/16/15 04:54 PM

Anything by One Direction..
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 05:11 AM

Last one that stook in my head
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 03:21 PM

Off the top of my head:

Proud Mary (CCR) and Blinded By The Light (Manfred Mann)are totally overplayed IMHO

smile

TIS
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 05:16 PM

Too many to mention. But most recently, there's a Geico commercial that's on constantly featuring the group Europe lip sycing their one hit wonder "The Final Countdown." It was awful thirty years ago, and it's even worse today. I literally came within an inch of smashing a 60 inch flat screen the other day. Watching aging rockers is cringe worthy when they're GOOD. But these guys? I've been a bit testy lately, but I would have thought of smashing that flat screen in a good mood.

I was in Stop and Shop last week and "You Light Up My Life," by Debbie Boone came on. It's not overplayed, and I hadn't heard it in years. But I still threw up in my mouth a little bit.

And I love Christmas music. But the stores and advertisers playing it earlier and earlier every year really grinds my gears. Because it's not in the spirit of the season, it's strictly for financial gain.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I literally came within an inch of smashing a 60 inch flat screen the other day.

The last time I came within an inch of smashing a tv screen was when Jimmy Carter returned from his week-long abdication of his presidency at Camp David and smugly proclaimed that "Washington is out of touch"--as if he and Washington had nothing to do with each other. mad

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I literally came within an inch of smashing a 60 inch flat screen the other day.

The last time I came within an inch of smashing a tv screen was when Jimmy Carter returned from his week-long abdication of his presidency at Camp David and smugly proclaimed that "Washington is out of touch"--as if he and Washington had nothing to do with each other. mad

He's a Jew-hating moron. Always has been, always will be. Mickey Mouse would have won in 1976 if they lowered the voting age to ten and he ran as a Democrat.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Proud Mary (CCR)

I've always thought that people who live near the Mississippi River must hate this song. Some bum walks up: "Can you let me have ten dollars? What - no??? I always heard that people on the river are HAPPY to give! Happy! Turns out they won't give a lousy ten dollars. Gonna have to change that song, I guess...."

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 06:58 PM

How about ? It's a Small World.

My daughter covered her ears the whole ride. No mommy, no more! She tried to get out of the boat lol
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 07:08 PM

Boston - More Than A Feeling
Starship - We Built This City

Awful. Just awful.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 08:47 PM

Boston - More Than A Feeling is a great song.. haha

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 08:52 PM

Even though i appreciate them for their talent i can't stand to listen to songs by Tina Turner and Whitney Houston..
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/18/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Boston - More Than A Feeling is a great song.. haha

Haha I always found there's something unbearably cheesy about that song. Now the 2000's have done worse damage than any tacky 80's song ever did. Just to drop a few names: Akon, Neyo, Chris Brown, Usher...the list could go on and on.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/19/15 02:42 AM

Anything by the Cars. For some reason classic rock station play their crap. Maybe they had 2 or 3 songs that were "hits"? Musically annoying, lyrically mundane. Instant channel change when they come on. Plus Rick Okasic is ugly.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/19/15 11:34 PM

Who let the dogs out...... lol
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 01:33 AM

Since it's almost Christmas, I'll go with White Christmas. Tho a decent song, way overplayed. Also, even as a kid (and still) I NEVER liked "Little Drummer Boy." Kind of slow, depressing and boring IMHO. ohwell

TIS

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 11:09 AM

[quote=TheKillingJoke]Boston - More Than A Feeling

It is a great song.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 11:17 AM

Christmas time I play two CDs Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatras Christmas CDs.

I like to listen to them when alone when the wife is sleeping.

My favorite groups

Jay and the Americans
Crosby stills and young
Doors
Led Zep
Cream
Stones
Foreigner
Four tops

When watching soccer on tv turn off the sound and listen to the doors

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 11:22 AM

Remember I told you the story of the Irish hippies I met by accident. He got me into doors, cream, grass roots smile

He had some sexy wife she got me into her.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 05:04 PM

Great song for crazy people.

There comming to take me away haha

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/BXOwNOf2QXY

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 05:08 PM

My hippy friends clued me into to this album called have a marajana

Best song in the record was this

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/j2pGBv9Ly6A

Cops favorite expression that is why they are loved by all

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/20/15 05:46 PM

Lmao Foots great song for crazy people. lol I've met some real hippies too over here in Cali. Most of them were my friends' parents.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/21/15 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
My hippy friends clued me into to this album called have a marajana

Good God! I still have that album somewhere!!

David Peel is still around, BTW, but that's another story...

Signor V.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 11/21/15 12:52 AM

Since it's almost Christmas, I'll go with White Christmas. Tho a decent song, way overplayed. Also, even as a kid (and still) I NEVER liked "Little Drummer Boy." Kind of slow, depressing and boring IMHO. ohwell

TIS

I can't stand "The Little Drummer Boy," Tis. I thought I was alone there. Pa-rum-pum-pum this.

Re "White Christmas" -- Fun fact. Sinatra recorded it before Crosby and it flopped. And you gotta love the up-tempo versions by both The Drifters and Elvis.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/02/15 12:27 AM

Hello...by Adele

Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiiiiiide, I must have called a thousand tiiiiimes
To tell you "Good-bye Adele" I really like your new song but I can't listen to it anymore
Cuz they play it too much, like 8 times an hour and I can't take it so I have to turn the power to ooo ooooo ooo OFF
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/03/15 04:07 PM

Anything sung by Andy Williams. Ugghhhh!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/03/15 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Anything sung by Andy Williams. Ugghhhh!

grin

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/04/15 01:55 AM

I thought Andy Williams song moon river was a great song
Posted By: goombah

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 01:33 PM

TIS

I can't stand "The Little Drummer Boy," Tis. I thought I was alone there. Pa-rum-pum-pum this.

I loathe the song too, particularly the Bob Seger version.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 03:06 PM

I was pretty much allergic to Little Drummer Boy, but in recent years it's been rehabbed for me as part of Crosby-Bowie duet in Bing's old Christmas special. The Temptations have a listenable version, too.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 09:28 PM

I walked in a store to do some Christmas shopping and they had Alvin and the Chipmunk music on. It was torture. I left empty handed.

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 09:42 PM

Ouch, i would have turned straight back out on entry, I don't understand what possess people to pick that kind of music to play..
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
I walked in a store to do some Christmas shopping and they had Alvin and the Chipmunk music on. It was torture. I left empty handed.

Haha....I like the Chipmunks Christmas album, especialy when Alvin says he wants a Hooooo-Laaa Hoop....Come on Now!
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 10:00 PM

Just busting your chops, Beans...Good to see ya around..Hope all is well and Happy Holiday's.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 10:16 PM

Lol! Happy Holidays to you too NJ!

Re: Songs you never want to hear again - 12/07/15 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: mustachepete
I was pretty much allergic to Little Drummer Boy, but in recent years it's been rehabbed for me as part of Crosby-Bowie duet in Bing's old Christmas special. The Temptations have a listenable version, too.

Bob seger did it also.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET