Home

What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre?

Posted By: Faithful1

What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 02:12 AM

President Obama said we need new and more gun laws because of the mass killings that occur too often. For those who agree with him, what new gun law would you create that could prevent future massacres?

1) Keep in mind that the USA has a Constitution that gives people the right to bear arms. Actually it expresses the right that the Founders already believed existed, the right of self-defense against people trying to kill you, your family and friends, and for the defense of your country and against tyranny.

2) Also keep in mind that the gunman entered a gun-free zone where firearms weren't allowed. He broke that law, and if he murdered people, why is a killer going to care about it. A gun-free zone means that no one else can fire back until police arrive.

3) There is no evidence that the killer was mentally ill, crazy, insane, whatever you want to call it. He didn't have paranoid schizophrenia or some other psychosis, was never hospitalized for mental illness, and was not under the care of a psychiatrist. Nor was he a drug abuser.

So with all those things in mind, what new law would you create?
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 02:35 AM

None. The purpose to protect each other or maintain gun-free zones doesn't change the criminal element period. We're continuing to run in circles with pro/anti gun laws and yet the killings will continue regardless. At the end of the day , just doesn't matter.
Posted By: SoCalGangs

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 04:04 AM

I agree. None.

Also arguing against guns is a way to avoid having to think deeply about possible root causes of problems.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 10:34 AM

None
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 11:10 AM

Ditto, none
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 02:12 PM

Former Justice Stevens recommended about a year ago to add the words "when serving in the Militia" to the Second Amendment:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...1245_story.html

If that change occurred, I'm sure that within five years we'd have 25 million men serving in paramilitary organizations in this country.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 02:52 PM

Wasn't that a gun free zone? Free to law bidding people not to criminals and not jobs.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 09:38 PM

Forgive me for not knowing but how did this loser obtain his gun?

As a kid I grew up in what I now know was a dangerous area, and there are steps you can take to lessen the chance of becoming a victim of violent crimes in such places.

There is NO way to prevent these senseless hate fueled random acts of violence. This is a rational practical society we live in, but there are no practical rational preventative measures for what happened in Oregon, what happened at the church in SC, or what happened at the Batman opening in Colorado.

Again, I don't know how the demon in Oregon got his gun because of the 5 articles and 2 videos I sifted through....that information hasn't been reported, but I'm assuming he didn't have a criminal record and wasn't diagnosed with mental illness..so he probably legally could have obtained a firearm.

I disagree with the president immediately making this a "gun law/rights" issue. I said the same thing when the shooting happened in SC. Can we just mourn the loss of life and show respect to the families of the deceased before instantly injecting politics into everything? We can discuss it now, but I took issue with Obama's timing.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 09:48 PM

He bought many guns legally. I think he became a real loser when he asked those kids if they were Christians or not. When some said they were he shot them in the head. The others he just wounded.

Have you heard that in the news other then Fox.

Did Obama say anything about that fact?

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 09:51 PM

ok...the weapons on him and at his home were all legally obtained

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 09:54 PM

Foot,

Hate crime...shooting innocent people and purposely firing headshots at Christians.Hate Crime and should be referred to as such.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 09:55 PM

It pisses me off how Obama comes out to make statements and say generic shit like "common sense gun laws" and not lay out a specific plan with a concrete solution. Not that I want a solution from him but that goes for anyone that wants to get on their soap box and go on about common sense gun laws.

I'd like to say ok Mr. predator Drone and Chief, who is protected by the secret services (trained men with guns), what specific law do you recommend here that would have prevented this horrible shooting??

You can't wait to come out and say "I told you so about those guns" but aside from all the generic and misleading talking points and nonsense lines about "gun deaths" as if guns just jump up on their own and decide to murder people, let's hear how to prevent this next time.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 10:52 PM

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." -- Rahm Emanuel, former Obama chief of staff and current mayor of America's murder capital, 2008.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/03/15 11:49 PM

I sold guns for twenty years, before and after the brady bill, and the nics call in for background check.

when I sold a gun to a person after he was cleared by the background check, the dealers responsibility stops there, we have more gun laws than you even know of, bring back the death penalty.

gun laws are not the issue, the death penalty is, give the death penalty to mass murderers, and you will see a drop off in these killings.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 12:22 AM

Bennie did you have a false wall in your house where you stashed your machine guns? There was a place in Long Island where A guy sold them. He also had a tree in the middle of his living room.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 03:12 AM

It appears that gun control is not going to prevent psycho-assholes from carrying out their objectives. So to that point, all guns should be considered in the same vein as dynamite - strictly prohibited. Sorry NRA, sorry Smith and Wesson, sorry Remington, sorry all you other gun manufacturers. Your product prevents me from living life the way our Declaration of Independence saw it. Your greed and self-gratification became irresponsible and reprehensible. The 2nd Amendment - "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I can't see where that Amendment supports the hoarding of fire arms for use against society to deny citizens the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

From the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

In today's society I believe my rights have been denied. Where can I pursue happiness? In a movie theater, in a church, in a college, in an elementary school? End the violence. End the disregard for life.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 05:03 AM

Yes, that's the only way that maybe, MAYBE this could've been prevented. Make owning any firearm of any kind illegal and 20 to life for anyone caught with one.

But even that won't work since there's hundreds of millions of firearms in circulation or owned by the public already so stopping a suicidal maniac from carrying out something like this isn't going to work because he isn't worried about life in prison.

So again, what gun law would prevent this in reality?

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
It appears that gun control is not going to prevent psycho-assholes from carrying out their objectives. So to that point, all guns should be considered in the same vein as dynamite - strictly prohibited. Sorry NRA, sorry Smith and Wesson, sorry Remington, sorry all you other gun manufacturers. Your product prevents me from living life the way our Declaration of Independence saw it. Your greed and self-gratification became irresponsible and reprehensible. The 2nd Amendment - "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I can't see where that Amendment supports the hoarding of fire arms for use against society to deny citizens the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

From the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

In today's society I believe my rights have been denied. Where can I pursue happiness? In a movie theater, in a church, in a college, in an elementary school? End the violence. End the disregard for life.

Your line of thinking is flawed here.

You aren't guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it. And in theory, the government isn't supposed to stop you or interfere with it. Of course that isn't the case in reality or I wouldn't have to pay an income tax.

Yes in all those gun free zones like colleges and other schools, you're denied your right to self defense or to be defended by a good person with firearm. But it doesn't follow that people who want to own weapons have a disregard for life. In most cases quite the opposite.

Increases in gun ownership and the liberalization of gun laws have NOT correlated with increases in crime or violence.
Other cultural factors play a role in increases in violence, not guns themselves. WHY ignore root problems?

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 10:44 AM

The number of responsible gun owners exceeds the number of whack jobs who own guns, so making all guns illegal will not stop anything just make it so those of us who own guns can no longer defend ourselves.

I think first thing we should do is mandatory sentences for anyone who is in possession of a firearm illegally (I know on this particular case the guns were panes legally I'm speaking in general). Unfortunately the dems will never support that idea, special interest groups who control them would spin that and say it is probably racist, saying something along the lines of "white people targeting minorities again."

If you go on netflix now you can watch a show called The Killer Speaks, I say don't
make these murderers famous don't give them the attention they want. It is sad that I know the names of the individuals committing these horrendous acts and I don't know any of the victims names.

I have not been watching the news or paying attention tp any politics for a few months now, but I can only assume Dianne Feinstein is talking about abolishing guns and Hilary wi try and use this to boost her campaign, using people's emotion and dead bodies to try and get elected, I could be 100% wrong though.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 10:50 AM

The cities with the most strict gun laws such as Chicago, NY and DC have the highest murder rates....typical of liberalism...they stand on their heads and tell us that the world is upside down.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 11:02 AM

That is not exactly true. Chicago yes but only in the black areas not the white areas.

Nyc the murder rate was low after Giuliani became mayor. But I think it will go up because of deblasio bull shit changes. I just hope nothing happens to deblasio and his nice family. How does someone marries a proclaimed lesbian like his wife.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/04/15 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
That is not exactly true. Chicago yes but only in the black areas not the white areas.

Nyc the murder rate was low after Giuliani became mayor. But I think it will go up because of deblasio bull shit changes. I just hope nothing happens to deblasio and his nice family. How does someone marries a proclaimed lesbian like his wife.

That may be how you feel FT, but you must abide by the facts.."see professor John Lott's work in this area...you may find it helpful.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/05/15 03:39 PM

@Foots

Whatever bias you may hold is to your own opinion but not ALL the gun violence is in black communities (majority killings) but there's shootings in white areas as well. Check those shootings report again not homicides.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/05/15 03:44 PM

Yes I should read a school teachers report on gun violence to get all the facts smile
Posted By: bigboy

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/06/15 12:24 AM

I can't think of a single law which would have prevented it. Remember it's only the law abiding citizens that would follow the law. Criminals still won't. ? How many licensed gun owners go out indiscriminately killing others ??
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/15/15 09:02 PM

Answer: A law that says all citizens must possess a firearm and training, unless prohibited. Like driver's ed.

Would never happen here, but that's the only one. Technically can't exactly say that would 100% prevent, there is no such thing.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/16/15 06:27 PM

Nothing could have prevented this. Most of these guys are fucked up by fucked up parents (sorry for the language) and can never be fixed. All the background checks in the world would not have stopped it.

I could snap tomorrow and take my Sig into Wal-Mart tonight and shoot it up, yet I have a carry permit and had my background checks.

But people have to realize some people are just evil in this world and some people were screwed with enough that they are screwed up in the head and they would have killed with a gun or car or knife, etc.

Sadly this is what we've become in the new 'Merica.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/16/15 08:15 PM

People are getting attacked in Israel like crazy. One Palestinian attack an Israel. The Israeli next to hit kills the the guy. One guy can't kill more the new one unless they have a bomb.
Posted By: fergie

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 09:35 PM

Why not make hand grenades legal? Or rocket launchers? If a potential criminal can get those, surely the public need them as well! And so you create a more and more violent society....

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 09:38 PM

What evidence do you have that says more guns and weapons legally owned create a more violent society?

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 09:56 PM

Evidence? Your the one who's so in fear of your life that you feel it necessary to carry a gun!

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:03 PM

Actually I risk destroying my record and going to jail if I got caught carrying a gun. Because I happen to live in a state where it isn't easy to legally carry yet criminals carry all the time.

And what does that have to do with what I asked? The theory proposed by gun control crowds is that more guns equal more violence and that simply isn't the case when you compare cities, states and countries across the world.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:27 PM

So you have evidence that more guns actually prevents gun violence? The US surely isn't your flagship case?

Less guns=less violence...it's not rocket science!

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:37 PM

No, I have evidence that increases in legal gun ownership doesn't increase crime.

In the US, for two decades we seen overall violent crime go down even while many states liberalized their gun laws( allowing more people to conceal carry etc). If allowing people to own and carry legally increased crime and gun violence, then we should've seen a huge increase in murders across the board. But we didn't.

Some places are still bad but they tend to be the places with the most harsh gun restrictions like Chicago.

Point is that the root causes of violence is beyond guns and owning them legally.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:40 PM

And what gun law might have prevented the shootings? Well, the right to bear arms is one thing, but allowing people to legally own 13 guns is crazy..for self defence? Unless you think a small country is going to invade your home I suppose. Would he have done it if it was illegal to own a gun? Possibly not...

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:41 PM

So you don't accept that less guns=less violence?

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 10:55 PM

No.

The US has way more guns and gun owners than ever before and we didn't have an increase in violence or murder across the board.

The facts and statistics don't agree with your theory.

In fact, the murder rate in the US is only as high as it is due to a select bad cities.
There's plenty of States in the US with very little gun control laws that have very low crime and murder rates.

Other factors contribute to violence. If guns caused people to kill than we would see millions upon millions of murders per year. We don't.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 11:09 PM

I'm not saying guns cause people to kill, but they do make it far,far easier...I'm happy I don't have to walk around in a society where any idiot can legally have a gun in their pocket...
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 11:14 PM

Madonne! Just agree to disagree. This shit has two threads going back and forth. No one EVER changes their position on this issue, so it's a fruitless argument.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 11:21 PM

smile

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/19/15 11:23 PM

I'm sure socal is about to agree with me....:)

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/20/15 12:22 AM

I am!

As soon as you present compelling evidence for me.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/20/15 07:28 PM

So Cal this bitch is just trolling on this issue. No sense in even giving her the satisfaction anymore.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/20/15 08:35 PM

Dixie...Im a guy...and I don't troll...lets forget the issue now then as PB said...itll just keep going round and round
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/20/15 09:33 PM

Still going, huh? lol
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 10/21/15 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: fergie
I'm not saying guns cause people to kill, but they do make it far,far easier...I'm happy I don't have to walk around in a society where any idiot can legally have a gun in their pocket...

Better be careful, you may need those guns when the Muslims try to implement Sharia Law in your country

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 12/17/15 06:25 PM

http://action.mrc.org/secondAmendment-Petition

Not asking anyone to sign the petition, they have decent articles just glad some can see through the propaganda

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 12/17/15 07:43 PM

Good post,Dude

Depending on which channel or station doing the reporting..the agenda is already set....so even the most horrific news stories won't be reported objectively, but through the lens of whatever agenda being promoted.

I try to avoid mainstream corporate media as much as I can for that reason.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 12/18/15 12:51 AM

I believe its the 5th Commandment: Thou Shall Not Kill.

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 12/18/15 05:07 AM

If everyone followed that Commandment, we wouldn't be posting here! LOL

Re: What gun law would have prevented Oregon massacre? - 12/19/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

If everyone followed that Commandment, we wouldn't be posting here! LOL

Lol that is a good point.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET