Home

Here comes Pope Francis

Posted By: MaryCas

Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 01:02 AM

I hope the Pope's gentile message reaches many. This world could use a lot of love, charity and humility.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 01:45 AM

Me too! Our world really needs it.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 02:48 AM

Maybe he will say no late term abortions?
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I hope the Pope's gentile message reaches many. This world could use a lot of love, charity and humility.

I'd like this post a million times if we had a like button.

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 05:35 AM

Love, charity are for the individual to do on his own.They should not be ordered to do by the government agree or disagree?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 10:30 AM

Hope he uses the Popemobile!!
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

While he's here in New York City, he will be using a specially modified Jeep Wrangler.

Article in The Telegraph

My girlfriend is going to see him Friday in Central Park. She got her ticket through someone in her office (she works for a major charity) and is absolutely thrilled.

Signor V.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

While he's here in New York City, he will be using a specially modified Jeep Wrangler.

Article in The Telegraph

My girlfriend is going to see him Friday in Central Park. She got her ticket through someone in her office (she works for a major charity) and is absolutely thrilled.

Signor V.

Lucky her. I would love to see this Pope. smile Let us know how she liked it.

Right now I see he is going to canonize the first saint to be canonized on American soil. They said the church (St. Matthew I believe) is same church in which JFKs funeral was held.

Anyway, how exciting.

TIS

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 09:07 PM

He is going to do a mass or speak in east Harlem about 2 blocks from my old grammar school.

Today he was in the pope mobile no window on the sides so he can wave to the crowd. The secret service was running with the car. If he saw a baby the secret service would ask the parent if he could see the baby. They would grab the baby bring him to the pope and he would bless him.

The secret service were actually smiling while they ran along side the pope mobile. I never saw the secret service smile before.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/23/15 11:59 PM

Pope Francis rolling up to the White House in a fiat, so cool.

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/24/15 12:47 AM

I missed the canonization but I saw the mass (or at least most of it). Looked like a beautiful church. smile

Btw, I heard earlier that Pope Francis only has one lung. One was removed when he was a kid. Didn't know that.

TIS

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/24/15 01:12 AM

Sunday I'll be watching the mass at our church. They have arranged to have it streamed and it will be projected on a 10 ft wide screen.

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/24/15 01:17 AM

Sunday I'll be watching the mass at our church. They have arranged to have it streamed and it will be projected on a 10 ft wide screen.

That sounds nice MC. I wish my church could do that.
smile

TIS
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/24/15 03:15 AM

Obviously as a lefty, I still disagree with him to say the least on several political points....but he's still the best thing to have happened to his Church in a long time. His charisma and positive energy does remind one of John Paul II, albeit he's more active on global economical inequality and climate change. Those two reasons are why the American right wing have suddenly become the very "Cafeteria Catholics" they loved to bash Democratic Catholics of being.

(Or whether they're unaware or not they've joined most of us who treat religion like a salad bar: We take what we like, leave the rest to wither away and get stale.)
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/24/15 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Obviously as a lefty, I still disagree with him to say the least on several political points....but he's still the best thing to have happened to his Church in a long time. His charisma and positive energy does remind one of John Paul II, albeit he's more active on global economical inequality and climate change. Those two reasons are why the American right wing have suddenly become the very "Cafeteria Catholics" they loved to bash Democratic Catholics of being.

(Or whether they're unaware or not they've joined most of us who treat religion like a salad bar: We take what we like, leave the rest to wither away and get stale.)

Wait...what? The American Right Wing have become Cafeteria Catholics...er, Protestants because of global economic equality and climate change?

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 01:54 AM

What a day he had today and tomorrow looks like he will be very bizzie again.

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 04:26 AM

I think Jon voight can play the pope in the movie. So who do you think the Pope liked best Obama or Castro? They are so much alike I am not even sure who I like best.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Wait...what? The American Right Wing have become Cafeteria Catholics...er, Protestants because of global economic equality and climate change?

The fuck is that supposed to mean Mormon?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

Whoa, settle down there chief. The statement was ronnierocket's. He brought up the American Right Wing which is generally synonymous with the more conservative Protestant churches. Anyway, I don't understand how or why he is using economic inequality or climate change as his examples for the American Right Wing picking and choosing what parts of their religion to practice.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

Whoa, settle down there chief. The statement was ronnierocket's. He brought up the American Right Wing which is generally synonymous with the more conservative Protestant churches. Anyway, I don't understand how or why he is using economic inequality or climate change as his examples for the American Right Wing picking and choosing what parts of their religion to practice.

Haha I was just messing with ya ivy I took no offense

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 08:36 PM

He was just in east Harlem. You know who was there senator schumer and the governor and his girl friend the girl from the cooking show his whore. They should ask the pope what he thinks about cuomo and his whore smile

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/25/15 10:16 PM

I am really enjoying the Pope coverage. The more I see/hear the guy the more I like him.

A nice visit to Harlem classroom where students sang "Prayer of St. Francis." He genuinely seems to love being around people, especially children.

smile

TIS

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/26/15 12:48 AM

I'm saddened to see the politicos turn this thread into a platform of political positioning. Let's just enjoy the visitation of man of peace.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/26/15 01:35 AM

I'm saddened to see the politicos turn this thread into a platform of political positioning. Let's just enjoy the visitation of man of peace.

Exactly!

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/27/15 12:56 AM

He was nervous about this trip but I think he is happy with what he has seen and how he is being received.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/27/15 02:40 AM

I was at the gym on the treadmill earlier and they have these large TV's set to different channels. Both Fox and CNN had the Pope at some family event in Philadelphia. I didn't catch all of it, but did get see and hear Andrea Bocelli sing the Lord's Prayer. I think Mark Wahlberg introduced him. Pope Francis smiled and clapped then said prayers. Everyone laughed when he asked the bishop what time is mass tomorrow.

What really impressed and touched me was when the Pope was being driven somewhere yesterday or the day before and they were on some vacant highway, but people were standing along the highway. There was a disabled young man on a gurney with contractures, and the Pope stopped the car, got out, blessed him and kissed him on the head.

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/28/15 04:31 AM

Outstanding.

I love this Pope.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Here comes Pope Francis - 09/29/15 11:00 AM

A guy I work with went to the mass he gave in Philly, said it was an amazing experience. Very nice for all who were able to experience this.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET