Home

led zeppelin

Posted By: hoodlum

led zeppelin - 09/10/15 09:07 AM

Led Zeppelin>>All these yrs. ive been studying jimmy page's moves,& I was watching an old clip from the madison & Earl's court, every stroke he does on the "The Rain Song' is completely a full backstroke, which ,,,duh,,gives that tune it's whole feel & sound. after42 yrs.???of listening..I guess this post would only subdue other guitar players..
Posted By: Belmont

Re: led zeppelin - 09/10/15 07:19 PM

As a drummer- i dont really play any more, Bonham was very influential as was the whole band. Jimmy Page is one of my favorite guitar players, he was an innovator. My top 3 guitar players of all time are jimmy page, randy rhoades, and of course eddie van halen.

Re: led zeppelin - 09/12/15 05:00 AM

[quote=Belmont]As a drummer- i dont really play any more, Bonham was very influential as was the whole band. Jimmy Page is one of my favorite guitar players, he was an innovator. My top 3 guitar players of all time are jimmy page, randy rhoades, and of course eddie van halen. ..reply ,,you can say that again belmont..
Posted By: Bennie_The_Ball

Re: led zeppelin - 09/14/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Led Zeppelin>>All these yrs. ive been studying jimmy page's moves,& I was watching an old clip from the madison & Earl's court, every stroke he does on the "The Rain Song' is completely a full backstroke, which ,,,duh,,gives that tune it's whole feel & sound. after42 yrs.???of listening..I guess this post would only subdue other guitar players..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCagzNX6WxA
Posted By: Belmont

Re: led zeppelin - 09/15/15 05:07 PM

When the levee breaks, 10 years gone, in the evening, acchiles last stand.
Some great zep songs.

Re: led zeppelin - 09/17/15 05:46 AM

that is exactly what i'm sayin' bennie the ball..thanx for payin' attention..the chord structure is def strickly jimmy ,what with the dropping stings down & such..iv'e been playin' this tune for fuckin' yrs.,, but there is always a new twist from someone else,& a new road is always a new dimension..thanx 4 the post & the video.

Re: led zeppelin - 09/17/15 06:04 AM

Acchiles last stand..one of Bonzo's greatest hardcore percussion recordings ever..not 2 mention page's more weird, quick & intricate uses of D minor 7th scale.

Re: led zeppelin - 09/17/15 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
that is exactly what i'm sayin' bennie the ball..thanx for payin' attention..the chord structure is def strickly jimmy ,what with the dropping stings down & such..iv'e been playin' this tune for fuckin' yrs.,, but there is always a new twist from someone else,& a new road is always a new dimension..thanx 4 the post & the video...
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Led Zeppelin Seattle 1975 Soundboard Release - 08/08/17 05:38 AM

1975 Seattle Soundboard - New Release

Re: led zeppelin - 08/24/22 06:33 PM

clap Highly Recommended Series ! ! !

The Making Of In Through The Out Door / Band Retrospective

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: led zeppelin - 08/24/22 07:16 PM

One of the things that annoyed me over the years is that some people characterized Zep as a "heavy metal" band, on the strength of "Whole Lotta Love." I viewed them more as an electrified British folk rock ensemble. "Ramble On," my all-time fave, is a perfect example.

Re: led zeppelin - 09/22/22 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by U talkin' da me ??
clap Highly Recommended Series ! ! !

The Making Of In Through The Out Door / Band Retrospective

I must have watched this series 10 xx by now...whew...where in the heck did u ever find this U talking??? thank u so much..& I thought Iv'e seen everything Zep related..boy was wrong!!!!

BATH FESTIVAL - 1970 ! ! ! ! - 09/30/22 12:42 AM

Re: led zeppelin - 09/30/22 01:12 AM

Backstage at the Bath Festival (no audio)

Posted By: Lenox

Re: led zeppelin - 10/01/22 01:41 AM

That is awesome!!, can you post some more video! Anything with Bonham ??l
Posted By: Hollander

Re: led zeppelin - 10/01/22 02:08 AM

underrated!!

Posted By: Irishman12

Re: led zeppelin - 10/03/22 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
underrated!!

One of my favorite songs of theirs!

Led Zeppelin - 04/07/23 01:40 PM

Led Zeppelin Documentary - The Making of Houses Of The Holy

Re: Led Zeppelin - 04/09/23 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by U talkin' da me ??
Led Zeppelin Documentary - The Making of Houses Of The Holy

Thank you so much 4 an elusive 1 hr. away off the horrors of 2 day..( this day & age)...brings me back 2 my youth...u talkin'2 me?... now I'm tellin' u... thanx buddy..!

Re: led zeppelin - 06/12/23 07:30 PM

Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Rock | FULL MOVIE | 2019 | Documentary, Biography

Re: led zeppelin - 06/18/23 10:31 PM

[Linked Image]

Graf Zeppelin LZ 127 Round-the-world flight over El Paso 1929

After five days in Tokyo, at a former German airship shed that had been removed from Jüterbog and rebuilt at Kasumigaura Naval Air Station,[38][59] Graf Zeppelin continued across the Pacific to California. Eckener used the remnants of a typhoon to advantage, picking up a tailwind to boost ground speed.[60][57] He delayed crossing the coast at San Francisco's Golden Gate so as to come in near sunset for aesthetic effect.[61][62] The ship passed over Hearst's San Simeon residence during the night,[63] and landed at Mines Field in Los Angeles, completing the first ever nonstop flight across the Pacific Ocean; 9,634 km (5,986 mi; 5,202 nmi) in 79 hours and 54 minutes.[64][65]

The takeoff from Los Angeles was difficult because of high temperatures and an inversion layer. To lighten the ship, six crew were sent on to Lakehurst by aeroplane, and the minimum of fuel, food and spares were carried.[66] The airship made a dynamic take-off with full power on four engines; it suffered minor damage from a tail strike and barely cleared electricity cables at the edge of the field.[10][67] The 4,822 km (2,996 mi; 2,604 nmi), 51-hour-13-minute flight across the US took Graf Zeppelin over 13 states and El Paso, Kansas City, Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit, before arriving back at Lakehurst from the west on the morning of 29 August, three weeks after it had departed to the east.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZ_127_Graf_Zeppelin_operational_history

(It's a Zeppelin, but it's not "the" Zeppelin LZ 129...)

Re: Led Zeppelin - 12/23/23 05:00 PM

The story of their Final Shows at Earl's Court in 1975 - Episode 3 - Led Zeppelin Documentary by JCM

Re: led zeppelin - 02/06/24 03:55 AM

Led Zeppelin's original contract with Atlantic Records stated that Jimmy Page could replace the other band members if he wanted.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/led-zeppelin-atlantic-contract

[Linked Image]

cool

Re: led zeppelin - 02/17/24 01:25 AM

[Linked Image]

Led Zeppelin: Expanded Edition, All the Albums, All the Songs Hardcover – October 11, 2022

I saw this at Ollie's today. Ollie's does have a very nice book section!!

https://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Expanded-Albums-Songs/dp/0785841806

Re: led zeppelin - 02/22/24 04:12 AM

I saw this Celebration Day Poster Art at Ollie's today ($14.98)

[Linked Image]

Re: Led Zeppelin - 03/18/24 07:39 PM

Re: Led Zeppelin - 03/18/24 07:40 PM

Led Zeppelin - Montreal - 1975 film - 51 minutes - 04/07/24 11:40 PM

Re: Led Zeppelin - Montreal - 1975 film - 51 minutes - 04/08/24 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bennie_The_Ball
Originally Posted by hoodlum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCagzNX6WxA

Thank you...I just was browsing & finally caught this...that whole piece is a gem of articulate chord segments....the mind of Mr. Page in his youth....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET