Home

supreme court ruling on gay marriage

Posted By: getthesenets

supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 06:46 PM

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326810-1/supreme-court-rules-54-allow-samesex-marriage&live
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 06:51 PM

This ruling, nothing short of evil, can be laid at the feet of the 5 justices who have disgraced themselves in putting aside the Constitution in favor of their own personal social views, the Presidents (including the fraud currently in office) who put them in their positions, as well as anyone foolish enough to have voted for Obama once or both times.

And now behold, I say unto you, that the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges. - Alma 10:27
Posted By: fergie

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 09:12 PM

Coming soon to a religiously run B & B near you, Eric and Ernie insisting on a double bed and banging away all night in celebration.....then demanding room service first thing in the morning - just to piss people off....

And there ain't shit anyone can do about it....THAT is unfair....
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 09:13 PM

I think it should have been up to the states to decide.

I have a problem with nine lawyers being able to make a decision that affects over 300 million citizens.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 09:36 PM

The Supreme Court had no business getting involved in this it should be a state issue

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 09:37 PM

Its just hit the main 10pm news here...there's 2 middle aged guys openly tonguing each other in celebration...how romantic..
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 09:54 PM

My opinion is that this does not matter, at all.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 10:05 PM

Bill Burr nails it here....VERY funny....

http://youtu.be/5sxZnE_Rab4
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/26/15 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

I have a problem with nine lawyers being able to make a decision that affects over 300 million citizens.

I have had a change of heart since the Utah Bans Gay Marriage thread (partly from a conversation with my dad) I agree with this, leave it up to the State. Though I think differently than some on this "issue" and rights I feel all individuals should have 9 lawyers should not have this much power over individual lives.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:11 AM

Unless things change fairly dramatically at the next election (which they will not, no matter how you vote you'll just get a different cheek of the same ass) individual states will begin to lose more and more powers in the coming years. Its a natural progression towards some watered down version of a totalitarian state

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:15 AM

Amen to that. I've never voted for a Republican or Democrat and I don't plan on it in the future. The future of individual liberties looks bleak

[Edit]

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
My opinion is that this does not matter, at all.

Pretty much my view on this "issue"

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:25 AM

Dude, its EXACTLY the same in the UK....we have to suffer 2 privileged party leaders (we call ex-public school boys) lecturing the country about "austerity" which seems to be a well used word these days.

These 2 parties, Labour and Conservative, used to be polar opposite so at least you knew exactly what you were voting for. In the UK, the Prime Minister role is solely used as a stepping stone to further that person's career - look at Tony Blair, he's made nearly 100 million since leaving office. David Cameron made a famous mistake in the recent election, confusing "country" and "career"....

http://youtu.be/2n0p_60vOyg
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:32 AM

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:33 AM

Gosh the most honest thing said in any election was made by mistake, too funny

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:43 AM

@ Scorsese, brilliant...just exposes the completely various, but always ridiculous arguments from a religious perspective in relation to those folks who like to grab their ankles and bum each other.

Much as I hate quoting an asshole gangster, but Nicky Scarfo had a point when asked if he was religious... "I leave that to the women and kids"

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:55 AM

I actually regret that last post, I promised myself Id never get into or start a religious carry on again...! I bite to easy....
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 12:58 AM

Though I support gays and gay marriage I do not believe the court should have had the last word on this.

I concur with dudeman, it should have been left up to Congress or the states

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 01:04 AM

Just playing devils advocate, but if decisions are up to individual states, how can that be fair if you're a gay couple in one state, and a gay couple 1 mile across in the next state and one can get married and the other cant, even although you live in the same country, pay the same taxes etc etc

Sorry if Im being naive about something! smile

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
Though I support gays and gay marriage I do not believe the court should have had the last word on this.

I concur with dudeman, it should have been left up to Congress or the states.

Originally Posted By: fergie
Just playing devils advocate, but if decisions are up to individual states, how can that be fair if you're a gay couple in one state, and a gay couple 1 mile across in the next state and one can get married and the other cant, even although you live in the same country, pay the same taxes etc etc

Sorry if Im being naive about something! smile

Answering this may bring on a long drawn put discussion on who has rights to what and who doesn't which the inevitable result will be middle school insults and cursing.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 02:26 AM

Well lets drop that avenue then smile
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 03:44 AM

Everyone on my Facebook is changing their pics to rainbow colors
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 03:59 AM

They worked a long time and tended the garden on this.

Posted By: Footreads

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 11:23 AM

I don't give a shit what people do in general. As long as I am not forced to look at it.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 11:26 AM

Supreme court went along with Obama care. I don't give a fuck about that either. Unless my health care goes up because of it, and it has. So I don't like fucking Obama Care.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 11:31 AM

Hey I am pretty sure not all of the justices were even lawyers smile look it up.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 05:06 PM

I could care less either way. As long as they don't force Churches into marrying gays when they say no.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 05:16 PM

I like to see the President say let's let Christians into the country who are being killed by muslem extremists. He has not said anything about that. What the fuck is it with him he is a Christian Right?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 06:48 PM

It amazes me that so many Conservative Christians are so butt hurt over legalized butt sex.

Makes ya wonder...
Posted By: Mignon

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
I could care less either way. As long as they don't force Churches into marrying gays when they say no.

But when they don't marry a gay couple that couple could sue the church and probably win. And that's wrong.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
I like to see the President say let's let Christians into the country who are being killed by muslem extremists. He has not said anything about that. What the fuck is it with him he is a Christian Right?

He got mad cuz they were water boarding those Muslims but it don't bother him when they drowned all those Christians in a cage.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 10:06 PM

The irony about the comedian above is much of what he is being sarcastic about actually is true. Listening to those lemmings clap and cheer when he asked if they were for gay marriage makes me sick. But I suppose you can't expect much else from people who have no idea where they came from, why they're here in this life, and where they're going.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/27/15 11:06 PM

Polygamy discussed by national, well-respected politco, exact day of ruling:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ml#.VY4JpaRCdJM

Enjoy people. Honestly, I hope they win (i would even donate to their legal fund or help represent them). I have completely checked out on this country and its institutions.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 02:06 AM

Didn't read the article but I agree polygamy is o k as long as it is between two consenting adults
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 02:11 AM

this has always bothered me, I felt the same way when 9 judges declared prayer in school unconstitutional.

there is absolutely no states rights, because of 9 shameful dictators.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 02:16 AM

It should have been left up to the states.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Didn't read the article but I agree polygamy is o k as long as it is between two consenting adults

Uhh....lol dude. Polygamy by definition is more than two consenting adults. Unless this is a joke/sacarism- which in that case well done. lol

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Uhh....lol dude. Polygamy by definition is more than two consenting adults. Unless this is a joke/sacarism- which in that case well done. lol

Yes Yes my bad lol... I wasn't joking unfortunately I didn't fully explain myself

I meant as long as it isn't a minor, someone being forced and each party is aware of what they're getting into. Two individuals who knowingly enter into a marriage where they know their spouse has another husband or wife is okay with me.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It should have been left up to the states.

I have been a supporter of gay marriage for some time now, and I'm happy they have the right to marry everywhere, but in some states the majority of people don't support it.

I would have rather seen it left up to the states, or a Congressional Constitutional Amendment. Legislation not the Courts should have made this decision.

The churches should retain their right to marry whom they want. Let the gays and lesbians marry, I'm very happy for them, but don't force it down people's throats who don't want to accept it. Tolerance must go both ways. For those for and against, a free society must remain free and the two sides must remain respectful of one another.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
The churches should retain their right to marry whom they want. Let the gays and lesbians marry, I'm very happy for them, but don't force it down people's throats who don't want to accept it. Tolerance must go both ways. For those for and against, a free society must remain free and the two sides must remain respectful of one another.

100% Agree.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 04:06 PM

Oh, and in case, you country bumpkins think this is the end, that we will all in peace now-

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...eb1f07d536c7aec

Get ready for the next social justice train. The next station? Complete elimination of gender, family, etc.

Can't imagine raising kids in this culture.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Oh, and in case, you country bumpkins think this is the end, that we will all in peace now-

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...eb1f07d536c7aec

Get ready for the next social justice train. The next station? Complete elimination of gender, family, etc.

Can't imagine raising kids in this culture.

I'm sorry but if someone supports or defends the above they are either sick in the head, morally bankrupt, or both.

What's the common denominator of all of this? Liberal secularism.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 07:14 PM

Sick and twisted to let a ten-year-old to live that way. If they're over 18 it's on them. But encouraging a ten-year-old? The parents should be arrested.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 07:30 PM

Look what they're doing now. Fucking disrespectful.

http://chicagotheaterbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/rainbowflagiwojima.jpg
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 09:09 PM

This is totally a states' rights issue.....the left is so tolerant of everyone's feelings except when you disagree with them...then it's off to the courts to get judicial activists to shove it down our throats ( no pun intended for those who are a little on the sweet side).

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 09:15 PM

My guess is the mother influenced him to dress and act like this, probably to jump on the band wagon in order to be "famous" (probably a stretch). 18 and older you make you own decisions parents forcing (in my opinion) beliefs and ideologies on a child is wrong.

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

The only way to put it

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/28/15 10:10 PM

Iwo Jima and gay rights? The two don't even fucking equate. That is highly disrespectful.

I regret to say that though I wish this was the end of the issue it won't be. Little Nicky and Wiseguy are right in that respect. From what I've seen online and people I've talked to the push for equality will continue. The list goes something like this:

-Amendment to the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 to cover gays and lesbians

-Statewide anti discrimination bills

-Prevent gays from being fired, lose housing, or refused service

-The assistance of homeless youth, which some claim are disproportionately transgender or gay

-To receive the same privileges and benefits straight couples do

Thoughts? I know this sounds admirable, but I have a bad feeling this movement, like Civil Rights and feminism before it, are going to be hijacked by extremists. I've already seen a few people on facebook question religious protection, as it is a choice and shouldn't be valued under the law. This troubles me.

Tolerance is only achieved when both sides realize the folly of attacking each other viciously. If the left truly is all about tolerance, they would extend an open hand to their former adversaries and at times, oppressors. But now it's about an agenda.

I have a question for all of these activists. When does it end? When is true equality attained? They usually don't have the answers to those questions.

What I want is tolerance, freedom, liberty, and justice. But it seems when one group gets it, they turn around and take it away from someone else. It's happened countless times throughout history.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/30/15 01:12 AM

With elections coming up deflection is here, with this and the Confederate flag. Lets not worry about the market being down 300 points today, Puerto Rico close to defaulting and Greece in economic turmoil both which destabilize the global economy. Russia and China doing what they want, Iran and ISIS. This nonsense is what is filling the news. What's next to keep us distracted from what is actually going on a new war on women?

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/30/15 01:16 AM

With elections coming up deflection is here, with this and the Confederate flag. Lets not worry about the market being down 300 points today, Puerto Rico close to defaulting and Greece in economic turmoil both which destabilize the global economy. Russia and China doing what they want, Iran and ISIS. This nonsense is what is filling the news. What's next to keep us distracted from what is actually going on a new war on women?

It's all smoke and mirrors. Democrats and Republicans are opposite sides of the same fucking coin.

You think you're jaded now? Wait till you're my age.

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/30/15 01:28 AM

It's all smoke and mirrors. Democrats and Republicans are opposite sides of the same fucking coin.

I don't think I can even imagine how bad it will be then or how much more cynical I will be.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 06/30/15 01:35 AM

You'll be amused at least Dude. Once you realize (which you have) that's it's all bread and circuses you just find all the partisan screaming about 'Libruls!' on one side and 'Nazis!' on the other entertaining instead of infuriating

Divide and conquer the sheeple. And the populace plays right into it, just like those with power want.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: supreme court ruling on gay marriage - 07/16/15 02:03 AM

I don't think I can even imagine how bad it will be then or how much more cynical I will be.

You would be surprised. Take Pizzaboy's advice. He knows what he's talking about.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET