Home

New Russian main battle tank

Posted By: bigboy

New Russian main battle tank - 05/06/15 01:39 PM

The Russians just unveiled their latest main battle tank which is described as the most advanced tank in the world. They will be producing 3200 (I might have this number wrong) more. Does this signal problems for us in the future ??
Posted By: olivant

Re: New Russian main battle tank - 05/06/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
The Russians just unveiled their latest main battle tank which is described as the most advanced tank in the world. They will be producing 3200 (I might have this number wrong) more. Does this signal problems for us in the future ??

No. The T-14 is a medium tank the platform of which will be used for a variety of Russian mobile weapons. It's armour is quite thin for a MBT and its sophisticated technology is new to the Russians who may have a shallow learning curve. The Russians will still rely on their T-90 and 95 MBTs for frontline service. The US will be placing M1A3s in service before long and they are more than a match for any Russian MBT as are the German Leopards and British Challengers.

It's notable that the Russians finally figured out that crew survival and ammunition storage should be among its design priorities.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: New Russian main battle tank - 05/09/15 08:32 AM

Olivant- thanks for the informed comments. I didn't mean to imply that they could produce a MBT better than ours, I just think that they have something in mind other than homeland defense. We have always thought of Soviet tanks to be rather primitive compared to ours and Germanys. Did not realize they were up to a T-95
Posted By: olivant

Re: New Russian main battle tank - 05/09/15 09:25 PM

Moscow: A new high-tech battle tank hailed by Russia as a "masterpiece" appeared to break down on Red Square on Thursday during a rehearsal for the military parade at which it will make its long-awaited debut.

The tank's driver raised a small red flag to show he had problems but managed to drive on about 30 minutes later after an attempt to tow it away was abandoned, a Reuters witness said.

The parade announcer later said the stoppage had been planned to demonstrate how military equipment could be evacuated from the battlefield, prompting laughter from the rehearsal audience.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: New Russian main battle tank - 05/09/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: bigboy

No. The T-14 is a medium tank the platform of which will be used for a variety of Russian mobile weapons. It's armour is quite thin for a MBT and its sophisticated technology is new to the Russians who may have a shallow learning curve. The Russians will still rely on their T-90 and 95 MBTs for frontline service. The US will be placing M1A3s in service before long and they are more than a match for any Russian MBT as are the German Leopards and British Challengers.

It's notable that the Russians finally figured out that crew survival and ammunition storage should be among its design priorities.

Tanks for the information smile
Posted By: Footreads

Re: New Russian main battle tank - 05/09/15 11:30 PM

I love when the Iranians come out with new things and try to say it is a match for ours.

Like jets the outside may look like ours but it has a Volkswagen engine..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET