Home

Walk a mile in her shoes

Posted By: Malandrino

Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 07:39 PM

You guys really wanna hear something rage-worthy? Check out the "Walk a mile in her shoes" campaign. They're forcing ROTC/army guys to participate by walking a mile in high heels, or else they'll be labeled as sexist and get into trouble with their commanders.

I get that in the real Army a lot of them weren't ordered to do it, but you know how it is if you refuse. The guys in ROTC though were basically forced to. Hell, they were even doing it in Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo!

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/301448-c...nable-footwear/
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 07:53 PM

This country is really headed down a bad path. The only way we can circumvent this crap is to vote these assholes out of office. We need a new regime in town. Someone with balls.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 08:16 PM

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Next, they'll send them into combat with heels on, too. This piece of shit President and his politically correct Leftist staff don't care one fuck about this country. It's over. America is over.

They let the gays, the foreigners and the feminists win the culture war, and this country will never be the same. Now, it was fine and fair to let them "catch up." But you give an inch, they take a mile. The Lefties behind these causes aren't content to "catch up." They have to pull away and shove it in your face.

Androgyny, high heels, a fucking President who won't utter the word terrorist. We're so fucked it's not even funny anymore. I don't care anymore. I really don't. I can live wherever the Hell I want. I used to think that these celebrities (like Brando) were batshit for living on private islands. Now I think they were light years ahead of their time.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 08:39 PM

They're lowering the military standards just so more women can join since they're complaining about being left out of the wars too now. It's gotten to the point, for me at least, where whenever I hear somebody say that they're a feminist/feel strongly about feminism, I automatically lose most of the respect I had for them.
So, please, if you're one of them, just say that you're for gender equality.. because the word "feminism" has lost its meaning more than a decade now.

Here's two images that portray the current situation in the US fairly well.

The March of Tyranny
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
They're lowering the military standards just so more women can join since they're complaining about being left out of the wars too now. It's gotten to the point, for me at least, where whenever I hear somebody say that they're a feminist/feel strongly about feminism, I automatically lose most of the respect I had for them.
So, please, if you're one of them, just say that you're for gender equality.. because the word "feminism" has lost its meaning more than a decade now.

Here's two images that portray the current situation in the US fairly well.

The March of Tyranny

Haha nice cartoons pretty much sums it up, but I don't the the giant (US citizens) have woken up yet too much propaganda constantly spewed from the media to keep the sheep caring about the wrong things.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 09:14 PM

The last cartoon is pretty accurate, the cartoonist's comment:

My cartoon shows how the banking and corporate masters (crony capitalist fascists) control both major parties behind the scenes. They keep us distracted with left vs. right while giving us the illusion that voting for one of the other parties will solve things. It won't.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 09:15 PM

I can't believe it. its totally unreal, it makes me feel like we need a revolution.

something has got to change!!

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I can't believe it. its totally unreal, it makes me feel like we need a revolution.

Unfortunately a revolution won't happen anytime soon people would rather live with blinders on then actually see things for what they are they would rather prove the other party wrong and scream and yell that actually change things and the things they want to change aren't important because the media tells them what tp support.

Voting Democrat and Republican will just bring the same dog and pony show. My brother always laughable at me for voting either Green Party or Libertarian, he likes to tell me it is a wasted vote

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 10:06 PM

thats what so upsets me. it makes no difference what party you vote for, they are all the same. FOR SALE.

I hate this feeling of being so powerless, and at the mercy of such evil bastards that run this country.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 11:03 PM

This is propaganda but not the kind it would appear to be.

US Military has felt heat, justifiably, for not doing a good job of investigation allegations of sexual assault filed by enlisted women and women in the military academies.

This march, the guys doing it in red heels and all the hooplah is a smokescreen to cover up the facts on the ground about the sexual assaults occurring and the way the military deals with them.

Anything done to protect rapists or to discourage victims from coming forward is WRONG. This P.R. campaign, painting the military as kinder /gentler to women and the issue of sexual violence is BS.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 11:12 PM

Oh good God this is bullshit.

Can you imagine what the guys who fought in World War 2, Vietnam, Korea, and Iraq think of this? Wearing HIGH HEELS as a form of sensitivity and awareness?

And getthesenets raises an excellent point- more than likely it's just a way to deter the way that the army poorly handles sexual assault cases.

My solution would be just not to let women serve at all. Let us do it, it's been that way for literally thousands of years. I'm not saying women aren't competent and couldn't theoretically serve, but it's too much hassle and not enough reward. What do we gain by sending women who might not be fit for combat and have to deal with men who would do anything for some ass?

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/29/15 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

My solution would be just not to let women serve at all. Let us do it, it's been that way for literally thousands of years. I'm not saying women aren't competent and couldn't theoretically serve, but it's too much hassle and not enough reward. What do we gain by sending women who might not be fit for combat and have to deal with men who would do anything for some ass?

How about we teach men not to rape, and make sure we punish those who do? And it doesn't just happen to women. According to the Pentagon, thirty-eight military men are sexually assaulted every single day. More men are assualted than women, so maybe we should stop letting men serve.Some men might 'do anything for some ass', but rape is a vicious crime and disciplined soldiers should be able to not do it to their comrades.

As for not being fit for combat, sure, not all women are up to it but all men aren't up to it either.

They can more than 'theoretically serve', they have served. Women like Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a sniper with 309 credited kills, or the 'Night Witches' who flew 23,000 bombing sorties against the Nazis. Oh, and a teenage girl you may have heard of- Joan of Arc. Or Nene Hatun, who led a group of women and elderly men armed only with axes and farming equipment against the Russian army in a hand-to-hand fight that ended with around 2000 Russian soldiers being killed. Few men would have the balls to fight against an army with rifles with only an ax but she did.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 12:05 AM

Nice examples, and all very noble. But get real.

10,000 men versus 10,000 women, boots on the ground, who's suffering more casualties?

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 12:18 AM

Hey, women are vicious.... tongue

Seriously though, i didn't say all women could do it, but if they're physically up to it why not. And I don't mean we should lower the standard, but if they can do what male soldiers are required to do to prove their fitness then sure.

A woman with a gun is pretty equal to a man with one. The days of swordfights and maces are long gone. Warfare is tech heavy now, women can fly, drop bombs etc. They make excellent snipers. In a fistfight they're weaker of course, but in tanks and planes that wouldn't really matter.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Nice examples, and all very noble. But get real.

10,000 men versus 10,000 women, boots on the ground, who's suffering more casualties?

Honestly? Probably men. It's in their instinct to protect the women. It has happened many times in the army and it will happen.

And for the record I'm not against women serving, I think any woman who wants to serve and passes the army standard is more than welcome to... but lowering the standard? That's the worst form of "affirmative action" you could possibly have.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 03:32 AM

More liberal bullshit rum amok. And it's been sissyfying out military for years now. If people wonder why I'm always ranting about "liberals" on this forum, it's crap like this and a million other examples.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 03:36 AM

but lowering the standard? That's the worst form of "affirmative action" you could possibly have.

Lowering the standard is the ONLY form of Affirmative Action. Study up on the travesty that recently played out with the New York City Fire Department. See if I'm exaggerating in the slightest. But who cares if lives are at stake as long as it's in the name of equality, right?

Judge Garaufis shouldn't just be tossed from the bench. He should be be forced to sit in a burning apartment building and wait for the inept firefighters that he put work to put out the fire. But diversity is our strength, right?

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 03:44 AM

but lowering the standard? That's the worst form of "affirmative action" you could possibly have.

Lowering the standard is the ONLY form of Affirmative Action. Study up on the travesty that recently played out with the New York City Fire Department. See if I'm exaggerating in the slightest. But who cares if lives are at stake as long as it's in the name of equality, right?

Judge Garaufis shouldn't just be tossed from the bench. He should be be forced to sit in a burning apartment building and wait for the inept firefighters that he put work to put out the fire. But diversity is our strength, right?

Yup. Whether it's getting minority students into college or getting women who can't hack it into police, fire department, the military, etc., affirmative action is nothing but lowering the standard. Equal my ass.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 08:03 AM

The Army is clearly engulfed by this political correctness crap. I live very close to Ft Bragg, home of Special Operations and I do see that there is a problem with sexual assault. I get the Ft Bragg newspaper once a week and it seems as though everything is aimed at the female reader instead of the warrior. Long ago when they first started pushing for more women in the Army people said there might be problems with sex assaults and sure enough it is happening. You put a horny recent high school graduate in a remote area with a female and something is bound to happen. Now they are trying to put females through Ranger school (One of the physically toughest schools in the military just so they can wear a tab on their shoulder (Just so they can feel good) but if they make it they will not be allowed (Yet) to serve in a Ranger unit, so why waste millions of dollars just to make them feel good. My daughter works on Bragg and was instructed how to address military gay couples and trannys. We need some officer leaders with balls
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 08:40 AM

I remember there were scandles of female sexual assault in the military for years.

I could never understand that assault gir that can get a gun and kill you. I could not understand why the girls assault did not just kill the animal that assaulted them. Then let the court sort it out.

There is some muslem women who are protecting an area in Iraq. They have not been attacked because the Moslem extremists believe if a women kills him. He would not go to where ever believes they go after doing their good work.

If that is true the more women the better to fight those bozos. Just don't get captured.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 02:00 PM

There are other forms of AA, such as outreach, quotas and timetables. I don't have a problem with goals (not quotas) and outreach, but lowering standards should never be a consideration. Lowering standards is not only idiotic but dangerous, and it lowers morale. But it's practiced everywhere from elementary schools to fire departments and the military. To get rid of it you'd have to get rid of the Progressive Far Left-wing union leaders, teachers, professors, judges and politicians. Good luck with that.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

Unfortunately a revolution won't happen anytime soon people would rather live with blinders on then actually see things for what they are they would rather prove the other party wrong and scream and yell that actually change things and the things they want to change aren't important because the media tells them what tp support.

Voting Democrat and Republican will just bring the same dog and pony show. My brother always laughable at me for voting either Green Party or Libertarian, he likes to tell me it is a wasted vote

I don't mean any disrespect with this man, but I really don't like your attempts to paint the republican party with the same brush as the democratic party (and the left generally) on this issue.

This shit never happened under Bush. If this country elects another democrat, this type of crap will continue unabated. If we elect a strong conservative christian, this shit will end. A conservative commander in chief will not allow such fuckery to take place in the armed forces.

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 08:49 PM

People today have no balls...

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I'm beating Bruce Jenner 2-0.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I'm beating Bruce Jenner 2-0.

lol
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 09:57 PM

Ok I saw the first few posts but I needed to clarify. At the risk of sounding stupid, I gotta ask. I read that post and understood that US military guys are being coerced into walking around in high heels? Is what I got from the post the real meaning of it? Sorry I had to put a clarification post up here but this is blowing my mind.
If that's the case, I gotta wonder why they're feminizing our troops. For get this sympathy shit. Next will they have to go into battle with bras and those sympathy stomachs for pregnancy too?

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

I don't mean any disrespect with this man, but I really don't like your attempts to paint the republican party with the same brush as the democratic party (and the left generally) on this issue.

This shit never happened under Bush. If this country elects another democrat, this type of crap will continue unabated. If we elect a strong conservative christian, this shit will end. A conservative commander in chief will not allow such fuckery to take place in the armed forces.

Both parties are wrong on polar opposite ends. One party wants to bomb half the world, and the other wants to dress our soldiers up like street whores and have them March around. Can't there be a happy medium?
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 10:04 PM

What party wants to bomb the world? I'm not aware of any political party to do that. Oh, wait, you were making a straw man.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 10:16 PM

Well I lived thru the Bush years. Those scumbags were the worst
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 10:55 PM

Is this high heel thing true? post a link

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:01 PM

OP posted a link, but here is article about some of the fallout

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/...ness-spurs.html

ROTC Cadets Wearing Heels for Sexual Assault Awareness Spurs

Military.com Apr 23, 2015 | by Bryant Jordan

The Army's Cadet Command at Fort Knox, Kentucky, is reviewing Reserve Officer Training Command cadet participation in a sexual assault awareness 5K walk/run event in which cadets at Temple University in Philadelphia wore high-heeled shoes with their uniforms.

The command announced the investigation following criticism of the cadets' participation by those who saw photos of the events on Twitter and Facebook, with some demanding unit commanders should be fired.

While ROTC command acknowledged that units were told to take part in the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event as part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, it "did not direct how the units would participate," command spokesman Lt. Col. Paul Haverstick said in a statement.

"We are currently gathering facts in order to review how local ROTC units implemented their participation in these events designed to raise awareness on the issue of sexual assault," he said.

Cadets with Arizona State University's ROTC unit also took part in the walk/run there, many donning heels but not their uniforms.

The Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event was one of the major observances for the 2015 Sexual Assault Awareness Month, with cities and towns across the U.S. and Canada hosting the walk/run.

But the sight of uniformed cadets accessorizing their uniforms with high heels – many of them red – proved too much for some.

"As a retired CSM [Command Sergeant Major] I feel the command should be re-assigned. Violation of the uniform dress code," one man posted to a photo depicting Temple cadets wearing BDUs and red high-heels. "And it just makes me sick. After 33 years this is how we train our future OFFICERS."

"If this was my son or daughter I would pull them from this Mickey Mouse ROTC. What kind of man or woman would even consider this," a retired Army warrant officer wrote.

But one woman noted that her son "did the same thing for [the] college football team a few years ago, but they wore pink heels to raise awareness of breast cancer.

"So let me ask you ... male or female, have you ever been sexually assaulted or had someone close to you who was," she continued. "You are missing the point and the entire symbolism of the red heels ... Grow up and educate yourselves."

The Temple ROTC cadets were not the only people to wear heels with their uniforms for a Walk a Mile event. Social media sites also show firefighters and police in unifiorm – and heels – making the run/walk.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:02 PM

My initial comments were on the political cartoons Malandrino posted, because I found them truthful. Binnie_Coll said he disagreed with the high heel wearing ROTC cadets and my comment/rant was about what he said in regards to a revolution not about high heels.

I don't find this to be an issue because as Getthesenets stated, it is a bullsh*t PR campaign. This stunt was made for the media to run with, for the left to show the feminist and people who reject gender stereotypes that the military is "kinder gentler to women and the issue of sexual violence" and to outrage the right because of the whole trans thing that offends there delicate sensibilities. It's unimportant nonsense stories like this that are used to divide America and keep the public focusing on "issues" like this and Bruce Jenner that aren't really important

These were ROTC college students on college campus, which as I have tried to point out with a recent video I have post one from Georgetown (gender nuetral bathrooms) and the other from UC Berkeley (Students praising ISIS and Hamas and condemning Israel) that some of the most radical and far left ideas are being indoctrinated into the young minds of these students. So I am not surprised by this at all and it is currently under investigation because it is alleged that these cadets were forced to do this under threat of disciplinary action.

In response to painting with the same brush:

A presidential candidate can be atheist liberal or a christian conservative it won't matter they will still be owned by Goldman Sachs and other people on Wall Street who are the people with the most power. Democrats and Republicans are laughing at us because they have convinced us that they are different, they just use social issues as a way to hide the truth.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep

So did I, and I disagree. I think women shaving down there is weird.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:18 PM

clap That was a good one! lol

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:25 PM

The world is a different place now. These days even guys are expected to do that

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:30 PM

The world is a different place now. These days even guys are expected to do that

That was probably the impetus for men wearing fuck-me pumps in the military. It's a slippery slope. Especially slippery if they're waxing down there, too.

I should write a column.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:43 PM

I could see u being the next Andy rooney. They can just give u 5 minutes at the end of the show to go over a list of things that piss u off each week

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 04/30/15 11:57 PM

Im in my mid thirties so did I. They were pretty good to me economically. Perhaps you're referring to the war.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:01 AM

A presidential candidate can be atheist liberal or a christian conservative it won't matter they will still be owned by Goldman Sachs and other people on Wall Street who are the people with the most power. Democrats and Republicans are laughing at us because they have convinced us that they are different, they just use social issues as a way to hide the truth.

So if both are controlled by big bad wall street (which i'm not sure how directly effects you on a daily basis), I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you. It's a free country. But at the end of the day, there are alot more reasons for me to vote republican than to vote democrat.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:03 AM

Im in my mid thirties so did I. They were pretty good to me economically. Perhaps you're referring to the war.

I could do that lol.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:05 AM

Q. What is the definition of a Conservative?
A. A Liberal who has been the victim of a home invasion.

Q. What is a racist?
A. Anyone winning an argument with a Liberal.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:07 AM

I could do that lol.

Not sure I get it.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:30 AM

So if both are controlled by big bad wall street (which i'm not sure how directly effects you on a daily basis), I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you. It's a free country. But at the end of the day, there are alot more reasons for me to vote republican than to vote democrat.

I never said it directly affects me, I said it won't matter who you vote for because big bad wall street has more influence on policy than any political ideology or promise the candidate says while campaigning.

I'm not trying to convince you to vote one way or the other, I am not really concerned with what other people do with their lives and if you want to believe that you can, I am not going to tell anyone how to live or what is right and wrong (I will at least do my best not to).

I am going to focus on the issues that matter to me. And you can focus on the issues that matter to you

Which is why when Binnie_Coll mentioned a revolution, I said it won't happen.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:33 AM

I was thinking of their foreign policy when I wrote that, but even economically tho. Bush presided over an artificial bubble just like Clinton did with the dot com era. With bush it was housing. But that bubble burst when bush was still in office. The first stimulus package was under his watch and Obama came just in time for the bottom to fall out. Some people did good during the bush years, but it also brought us to the great recession. Remember it was bush who tried classifying fast food jobs as manufacturing jobs to boost his numbers. He was a joke just like most presidents.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:44 AM

I could do that lol.

Not sure I get it.

That's really weird. I thought I was quoting this:

I could see u being the next Andy rooney. They can just give u 5 minutes at the end of the show to go over a list of things that piss u off each week

I could do that lol.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:48 AM

@Pizza,

my stomach hurts from laughing...then I look at your avatar and picture Coach saying those lines and it becomes ten times funnier.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Pizza,

my stomach hurts from laughing...then I look at your avatar and picture Coach saying those lines and it becomes ten times funnier.

And I was this close to switching my avatar to the Dos Equis guy as a tribute to my favorite Newark guy lol.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 01:09 AM

And I was this close to switching my avatar to the Dos Equis guy as a tribute to my favorite Newark guy lol.

considering that two out of these three guys are from Newark

that's a big compliment.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 05:20 AM

I could do that lol.

"What really grinds my gears" Pizzaboy edition

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
The Army is clearly engulfed by this political correctness crap. I live very close to Ft Bragg, home of Special Operations and I do see that there is a problem with sexual assault. I get the Ft Bragg newspaper once a week and it seems as though everything is aimed at the female reader instead of the warrior. Long ago when they first started pushing for more women in the Army people said there might be problems with sex assaults and sure enough it is happening. You put a horny recent high school graduate in a remote area with a female and something is bound to happen. Now they are trying to put females through Ranger school (One of the physically toughest schools in the military just so they can wear a tab on their shoulder (Just so they can feel good) but if they make it they will not be allowed (Yet) to serve in a Ranger unit, so why waste millions of dollars just to make them feel good. My daughter works on Bragg and was instructed how to address military gay couples and trannys. We need some officer leaders with balls

That's just it. People say, "Well if women can do it, why not let them?" The vast majority of them CAN'T. It's why the military is always under political pressure by...wait for it...LIBERAL politicians to lower the standards so women can be Rangers, in combat, or whatever else. It's sickening, and frankly, wrong. Unless a country is facing clear and present annihilation (like Israel) it has no business putting women in those roles. They don't belong there. Period. And the thing is, most (normal) women would fully agree. It's the shrill, minority who have it in their sick heads that there's no significant difference between males and females that get all the press. Hey, but don't take my word for it. Read what Marine Capt. Katie Petronio said on the matter.

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 04:31 PM

well said, this is where I agree with ivy league. its ridiculous to think that if you put women and men together in uniform mixing with one another that nothing will happen between them.

common sense tells you there are going to be problems, women do not belong in the military. my opinion.
Posted By: fergie

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 06:28 PM

This is more offensive to women surely? Why the bright red high heels? I think the meaning of the phrase has been lost completely on some smart ass in the US Army....

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 06:34 PM

It's like asking recruits to black up so they can "understand" how being black feels like in the army...Just naive and disgusting...

Re: Walk a mile in her shoes - 05/01/15 06:37 PM

I'd now like the people behind these ideas to volunteer to be on the end of a strap on so THEY know what it's like to be gay in the army in the army...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET