Home

SNL 40th

Posted By: NickyEyes1

SNL 40th - 02/16/15 12:51 AM

Anybody watch the SNL 40th Anniversary Special? Pretty funny.
Posted By: olivant

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 01:07 AM

I was going to, but I've watched so many reruns and retrospectives of SNL, that the 40th seemed like it would be anti-climatic.
Posted By: SC

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 01:07 AM

Fun show!! Brought back many memories.

Years ago I read in TV Guide that George Carlin was hosting a new tv show. Since I liked Carlin, my ex and I decided to watch the show. We were blown away by how hip and irreverent the show was. We watched it religiously for the first few years.

THe amount of great talent that came out of that show is amazing!
Posted By: Footreads

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 07:19 AM

Did any of the old cast members were on live?

Old skits with the old guys commenting on it would have been fun to see.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Fun show!! Brought back many memories.

Years ago I read in TV Guide that George Carlin was hosting a new tv show. Since I liked Carlin, my ex and I decided to watch the show. We were blown away by how hip and irreverent the show was. We watched it religiously for the first few years.

THe amount of great talent that came out of that show is amazing!

George carlin was terrific, one of the best comedians ever, and the talent that came out of snl was indeed amazing, almost every one on the show, was a star in their own right,

chevy chase was only on one year and it seemed to me he was on longer, but, he quit after one year.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 09:18 PM

Oh crap!! I started a thread on this in the movie/tv section. I swore I checked to see if anyone else started one. Sorry Nicky!! I hope I don't get fined or something. panic

Anyway, fwiw, here's my opening post from the other thread:

Did anyone watch? I didn't see it but am waiting for it to come on "On Demand." I have seen clips off/on today and it looks hilarious.

I saw clip of opening with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake rapping. I ALWAYS love their routine. And I saw a short clip of Jane Curtain. I hear there were a ton of guests. Also I heard that Jim Belushi did a Blues Brothers song with Dan Ackroyd.

I haven't watched much in recent years but man, it was a mandate back in the day to be home to watch SNL. I can't believe it's been 40 yrs. uhwhat

TIS

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Oh crap!! I started a thread on this in the movie/tv section. I swore I checked to see if anyone else started one. Sorry Nicky!! I hope I don't get fined or something. panic

TIS

See TIS, this is what happens to Walking Dead addicts; cognition is the first to go. Next thing you know, you'll be starting your own Gangster BB.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: SNL 40th - 02/16/15 09:36 PM

I made it to 10 pm. It was a combination of snow-shoveling and too many commercials that did me in. The parts I saw were either great or terrible; too short or too long. Love the Jeopardy game. Daryl Hammond and Norm McDonald are hilarious. Martin Short and Maya Rudolph enjoyable. The politics montage...eh, Ok. Paul McCartney should not have tried to sing "Maybe I'm Amazed". The Californians skit is what really sent me to bed; Uber Tedious and unfunny. Melissa McCarthy's Chris Farley was terrific. Steve Martin has terrific delivery. Like TIS, maybe I'll catch the last 1.5 hours OnDemand.

Re: SNL 40th - 02/17/15 12:25 PM

Well I got to catch it on On Demand. It came in two parts. I too loved the Jeopardy skit. lol It was nice seeing some of the originals again. Eddie Murphy didn't have much of a role; Loved the Seinfeld Q&A with the audience. I agree with MC on the Cali skit. It did get annoying. I must be out of it, cause I am not sure who Edward Norton was suppose to be in his skit but he was good. LOL

And OMG, what happened to Paul McCartney's voice? Did he have a cold or is it just age. He was so off key. So was my other favorite Paul (Simon),who has/had such a sweet voice. He wasn't as off as McCartney but both were disappointing. Or maybe they chose the wrong song?? frown

OnDemand did NOT show two skits I wanted to see tho; the Blues Brothers with Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi AND Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon's rap (I hate rap but love their skits) smile

TIS

Re: SNL 40th - 02/17/15 12:28 PM

Right TIS. Two out of the last three times I've heard McCartney sing he's sounded off key.

The Jeopardy skits are some of the best skits produced by SNL. Norm doing Burt Reynolds takes the cake though.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: SNL 40th - 02/19/15 11:05 AM

Glad i recorded this so I can watch again. What a great show. Today I saw that one of their actresses is complaining that she was kept in the back room because she is a conservative. Thought Paul McCartney did a good job with "Maybe I'm amazed"
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: SNL 40th - 02/19/15 04:54 PM

Morm McDonald reveals the reason Eddie didn't perform.

Skit was written for him to play Bill Cosby and he refused.

http://www.businessinsider.com/norm-macdonald-snl-tweets-eddie-murphy-wouldnt-play-bill-cosby-2015-2
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: SNL 40th - 02/20/15 04:10 PM

NBC is going to rerun the show tonight at 8:00pm Eastern time.

However, I noticed (on my onscreen cable guide), that it's in a 3-hour timeslot; the original live telecast ran a half-hour longer. Unless there's a mistake in the listing, we won't be getting the full show.

Signor V.

Re: SNL 40th - 02/20/15 04:16 PM

SV,

It was a 3 hour special. I saw it on Time Warner's "On Demand" and it was in two parts for some reason. Part 1 was 35 (or so min.) and part II was about 1 or so. I KNOW that the Blues Brothers performed (Jim Belushi/Dan Ackroyd) and I know the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake did a rap number, however that was not part of the special from On Demand. So, I'm not sure what they're doing. confused Even eliminated commercials it was short I think

TIS
Posted By: Mark

Re: SNL 40th - 02/20/15 08:52 PM

Good show and it brought back a lot of memories.

If you ever go to the real Billy Goat Tavern and they are in the mood and if there are a lot of new faces (tourists), the guys working will go into the full "cheezeborger, cheezeborger, cheezeborger!!!" routine.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET