Home

Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners

Posted By: LittleNicky

Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/11/15 08:59 AM

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2015/feb/07/ticker-edison-screws-its-employees-too/#

http://www.computerworld.com/article/287...placements.html

But I am sure these are jobs american just will not do! We need more immigration!

White collar workers could advocate this immigration bs for years with no consequences- it fell entirely on blue collar guys. But now they are coming for you. Most of the workforce for the local major corporations in my area are h1-b indians- for jobs that americans would love to have.

Also remember the party of the worker has been first and foremost (with corporatist republicans) in trying to expand this program. So who represents us again?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/12/15 06:52 PM

We have lineman brothers out there currently negotiating a new contract with Edison so seeing this is very concerning for a lot of families out West. I'm very glad to see them taking heat over this because once the workers strike out there things are going to be very ugly for SC-Edison.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/12/15 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
We have lineman brothers out there currently negotiating a new contract with Edison so seeing this is very concerning for a lot of families out West. I'm very glad to see them taking heat over this because once the workers strike out there things are going to be very ugly for SC-Edison.

Dixie, I hope you are right, I read both of those links, and although I saw some pols critizing the utility, not one was quoted as saying "we are going to do something about it"

further indicating to me that U,S, workers have no one on their side in Washington, now is the time for a leader to come forward and stand up for americans, and their jobs.

but, with Obama, a senate, and a house not concerned with American jobs, is this not taxation without representation? what about American families and American jobs, is their not a man in congress with any guts to stand up for americans.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/12/15 09:41 PM

They're not hurting financially either. In 2013, net income for SC-Edison was about $900 million. Financials for 2014 aren't released, but based on 3rd quarter results, 2014 looks to be even greater. It would be make more sense if they were operating at a loss.

http://newsroom.edison.com/releases/edison-international-reports-third-quarter-2014-results

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/14/15 10:51 PM

ht, word is all the big dogs are cashing out their stock options so something is up out West.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/14/15 11:34 PM

That reminds me, I need to pay my SCE bill :-(
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/15/15 07:04 AM

In retrospect, deregulating the power companies seems to be a huge mistake. I've seen but one place where I've lived -- Houston -- where you could actually choose your power provider based on a rate.

In nearly every other instance, it seems that it's transitioned from a public utility to part of a corporate balance sheet and focused on maximizing shareholder value.

Had SCE not been on the New York Stock Exchange and been a public utility, they certainly wouldn't have a $900 million net income. And they wouldn't be squeezing nickels out of critical labor to boost those numbers some more.

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/16/15 04:29 PM

You are right. They hired a union busting attorney for this venture in negotiations as well. Like all these other investor owned utilities they are squeezing the hell out of nickels while making millions every quarter.

People don't realize how much money these utilities are raking in....

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/16/15 06:20 PM

Warren Buffett's group bought out Nevada Energy in 2013. No sooner had the ink dried on the sale and they were filing for a rate increase. The state regulatory board knocked it back, but I'm sure they'll be back again.

Despite a giant hydroelectric dam 30 minutes away, we pay the highest rates in the Mountain West.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/16/15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2015/feb/07/ticker-edison-screws-its-employees-too/#

http://www.computerworld.com/article/287...placements.html

But I am sure these are jobs american just will not do! We need more immigration!

White collar workers could advocate this immigration bs for years with no consequences- it fell entirely on blue collar guys. But now they are coming for you. Most of the workforce for the local major corporations in my area are h1-b indians- for jobs that americans would love to have.

Also remember the party of the worker has been first and foremost (with corporatist republicans) in trying to expand this program. So who represents us again?

I used to think corporate greed was the culprit in outsourcing and insourcing, but I think maybe this has something more to do with US foreign policy. The objective seems to be to drain developing countries of talent to keep the US on top. Not the US worker mind you, but the US government and the US rich. The interesting part is how corporations are doing the bidding of the government knowingly or unknowingly. In the case of a company like Oracle, whose first client was the CIA, they are probably engaging in such practices because some government official secretly told them to.

Re: Company replaces its workforce with H1B foreigners - 02/17/15 03:26 AM

Or Ross Perot, who warned us all about that giant sucking sound of jobs -- his billions were made on processing Medicare forms.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET