Home

Is peanut butter and jelly racist?

Posted By: Five_Felonies

Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/13/14 08:58 PM

in a day and age where confidence in public education seems to be at an all time low, this is sure to change that stigma. who do you think principal gutierrez voted for? wink

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report. “What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/is-peanut-butter-and-jelly-racist_n_1874905.html
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/13/14 09:03 PM

Oh, for Christ's sake. Tell them to eat shit if they don't like it!
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/14/14 01:21 AM

This is literally beyond insane.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/14/14 06:27 AM

Quote:
“Persistently we have not done a good enough job educating students of color and specifically African-American students,” Cowie told Fox. "That’s what the program is addressing. How can we find a way to support African American students, their families – so that we are producing better outcomes and narrowing the achievement gap.”

Thus...peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist. How on earth did they make that leap?! uhwhat
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/17/14 04:15 AM

I think if you say you eat peanut butter and jelly your poor is that racist?

Speaking of food you remember Nabisco Zwieback give it for babies teething.

Also tastes real good in milk with a ton of sugar on it smile

I just found out they don't make them any more?

My little Sophia is started teething. So I found another company who just started to make them. I ordered some and will test it and see if it s tge same thing. Going to put them in milk with a ton of sugar smile

The Vermont Country Store is the place I found.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/17/14 11:44 AM

Its peanut butter, jelly time.

Posted By: Primo

Re: Is peanut butter and jelly racist? - 11/18/14 01:07 PM

how does the white bread feel about it though? : p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET