Home

Obama's pick for new attorney general

Posted By: Dellacroce

Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/07/14 01:44 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/07/politics/new-attorney-general-nominee-loretta-lynch/

rolleyes

I bet a obama didnt even consider a white person for the job. Thats racist...
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/07/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/07/politics/new-attorney-general-nominee-loretta-lynch/

rolleyes

Shocker.
Posted By: rockstar_man45

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/07/14 03:38 PM

Are you kidding me? What is with Obama and this shit? I swear to God if Loretta Lynch is anything like Eric Holder I might actually support impeaching him. He's done nothing in his second term but focus on his own race baiting agenda and this is a prime example. This abhorrent excuse for a President has set back race relations thirty years
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 03:01 PM

Obama says he's going to act on his immigration agenda by executive order bypassing congress. that's arrogant and studid.

if he does it, and snubs his nose at congress. he's going to bury the democrats deeper. this guy just don't get it yet!

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Obama says he's going to act on his immigration agenda by executive order bypassing congress. that's arrogant and studid.

if he does it, and snubs his nose at congress. he's going to bury the democrats deeper. this guy just don't get it yet!

And he never will. And watch. Just watch. He's going to pull more spite moves in the next two years than you can possibly imagine. He knows that his legacy---beyond being the first (half) Black President, and it truly was an accomplishment---is in tatters. You're going to see the far, FAR Left come out now.

And to the posters who think I turned on the party, do you think I enjoy saying that the Conservatives were right about this guy? Well, I don't. But they were right about everything with this bum.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 04:27 PM

If people truly feel that way, then perhaps the Republicans should have come up with someone better than that out-of-touch elitist creep Romney. Or picked a better running mate for McCain than that moron with her 3 Alaskan electoral votes.

Knowing what I know today, I'd still rather pick President Obama over the other choices we were given. At least my retirement account has soared, my home value has increased and I was able to find a job. Not so much back in 2008.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 04:27 PM

Either two things are going to happen: Mitch McConnell, John Boehner and Obama can work together on legislation, or as Binnie and PB said: abuse his executive power more.

And I swear to God if he legalized those 10 million fuckers living here illegally I will protest and call for an impeachment. That type of legislation should be left to Congress not the President.

Fuck party politics. Anyone with a tiny bit of reasoning can see what a joke he's become
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 10:56 PM

I am amazed then voters actually believed this guy could be middle of the road when he first ran.

I think they just wanted a change from bush. But they never thought about what kind of change that they voted for?

But voting for him the second time was just fucking nuts.

I did not vote for him either time. But I did want him to do well. I said this before we all like to think our kids could become President. Even if we had daughters.

But I am pretty sure black people never thought that about their kids. So for that reason I wanted him to do well once he got elected.

But now I will say this about him. He did what he believed even if it was not good for the country. Which also makes me believe he doesn't really give a shitbabout the country.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/08/14 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
If people truly feel that way, then perhaps the Republicans should have come up with someone better than that out-of-touch elitist creep Romney. Or picked a better running mate for McCain than that moron with her 3 Alaskan electoral votes.

Knowing what I know today, I'd still rather pick President Obama over the other choices we were given. At least my retirement account has soared, my home value has increased and I was able to find a job. Not so much back in 2008.

Tell you what I really believe about Romney in his religion they want to help people not just the Rich. I think he would have made a good president because of that fact.

He was demonized by the democrats and you bought that load of shit.

Yes she was a Moron who did a good job in governing a state. More demon using that you bought.

On McCain you did not like him because he choose a bad running mate?

I did not like Obama because mccains moron running mate had a lot more experience then Obama in running her state.

on your 401 k why do you think it is doing so well? Because Obama did such a great job on the economy? smile

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/09/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Romney may not have been the perfect candidate but he was better than the other sort of conservative rabble that ran. Jon Huntsman was the best but Obama basically bought him off.

These things that have gone well for you, which I am glad that they have, you are wrongly attributing them to Obama's policies. The real-estate market's rebound was entirely self sustaining, and naught to with the White House. Whatever success you have achieved, it was on you not Obama. Because this economy still hasn't rebounded, we are still trillions in debt, we have a giant menace in the Middle East, diminishing relations between blacks and whites and a Congress that has about a 12 percent approval. Did I mention we still have 10 million illegal Mexicans that need deporting? He's not a healer he's a divider.

Obama said himself that this election was a referendum on his policies. Well look how that ended up for him...
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/09/14 05:52 PM

I'm proud to say I didn't vote for this piece of shit.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 11/11/14 08:31 PM

cool
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/25/14 04:16 PM

You can count on any appointment by this guy as being very far to the left.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/27/14 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

rolleyes

Being as no attorney general that ever worked for him has brought charges against Bush or Cheney for war crimes, I don't think one can really say his attorney general pick is going to be a racist one or make a big difference. I mean really, who are his attorney generals out to get? I can't think of anyone (besides the mafia) who got into serious trouble with the Obama Admin so far.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/27/14 02:51 PM

What war crimes did bush do?

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/27/14 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

Torture.

If we want to be technical, Bush and Cheney (or maybe just Cheney) are tied in to torture and violating international law (treaties which hold the same weight as the US Constitution) against torture.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/27/14 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Torture.

If we want to be technical, Bush and Cheney (or maybe just Cheney) are tied in to torture and violating international law (treaties which hold the same weight as the US Constitution) against torture.

War crimes? Don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks Bush was evil and deserves to be behind bars. Not the best President but I believe in his sincerity and he was a good man

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/27/14 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45

Torture.

War crimes? Don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks Bush was evil and deserves to be behind bars. Not the best President but I believe in his sincerity and he was a good man

What does Alfa Romeo think about Bush? Hmmmm

It's hard to pin anything on a President. They can always claim they didn't know anything. Really I think between Bush and Cheney, Cheney was worse. Isn't that also true in the mafia? The Underboss is worse than the Boss?

Cheney was the one who probably had closed door sessions with the oil sector people with maps of Iraq drawn up before the invasion was even launched.

Cheney was the one who I think outed Valerie Plaime, a clandestine agent working for the CIA who headed an anti nuclear proliferation "crew" as its "capo". Valerie's job was to feed the Iranian nuclear scientists false information to slow down their development of "the bomb". Cheney outed her network and destroyed her operation in revenge for Joe Wilson's comments, her husband. How does that help the United States?

Cheney was the one who set up the Office of Special Plans which he used to cherry pick data from the intelligence community in order to make a case for war to persuade Bush to invade. Thousands died in Cheney's war, and many more were maimed. That is outrageous.

On the other hand, Bush is the one who rushed to war. People always say the Democrats approved the invasion of Iraq just like the Republicans did, so they are all in it together. They all have blood on their hands. But the terminology "rushed to war" means that the resolution Congress came up with implied that they wanted Bush to allow the weapons inspectors (like Hans Blix) to finish their job of certifying Iraq free of WMD. He did not wait. The weapons inspectors were withdrawn and the war was on. If the Saudis did 911, why take revenge on Iraq? If the Saudis could have been punished, would we have lost 4000 people and maimed thousands more doing it? Congress is there putting a check on the President for a reason, and that reason was discarded in 2003's invasion.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 12/29/14 08:35 AM

Torture.

What does Alfa Romeo think about Bush? Hmmmm

It's hard to pin anything on a President. They can always claim they didn't know anything. Really I think between Bush and Cheney, Cheney was worse. Isn't that also true in the mafia? The Underboss is worse than the Boss?

Cheney was the one who probably had closed door sessions with the oil sector people with maps of Iraq drawn up before the invasion was even launched.

Cheney was the one who I think outed Valerie Plaime, a clandestine agent working for the CIA who headed an anti nuclear proliferation "crew" as its "capo". Valerie's job was to feed the Iranian nuclear scientists false information to slow down their development of "the bomb". Cheney outed her network and destroyed her operation in revenge for Joe Wilson's comments, her husband. How does that help the United States?

Cheney was the one who set up the Office of Special Plans which he used to cherry pick data from the intelligence community in order to make a case for war to persuade Bush to invade. Thousands died in Cheney's war, and many more were maimed. That is outrageous.

On the other hand, Bush is the one who rushed to war. People always say the Democrats approved the invasion of Iraq just like the Republicans did, so they are all in it together. They all have blood on their hands. But the terminology "rushed to war" means that the resolution Congress came up with implied that they wanted Bush to allow the weapons inspectors (like Hans Blix) to finish their job of certifying Iraq free of WMD. He did not wait. The weapons inspectors were withdrawn and the war was on. If the Saudis did 911, why take revenge on Iraq? If the Saudis could have been punished, would we have lost 4000 people and maimed thousands more doing it? Congress is there putting a check on the President for a reason, and that reason was discarded in 2003's invasion.

LOL lol cry
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/04/15 11:35 PM

Anybody who is seeing 2 black faces in Obama's 2 AG picks is missing the bigger picture. Lynch spent her entire career defending white collar criminals. Enron executives among them. Madoff types. Real bad guys. In a similar situation, Holder refused to indict a single banker/governmental official/anyone for the 08 financial crisis.

Recently you might have heard of a man named Antonio Weiss being nominated for undersecretary of the Treasury. This is right after working for a banking company. All 3 have such close ties to banks that it's doubtful that their focus will ever be on any white collar crime that cost taxpayers a decent amount of money.

I think the bigger issue is not that Obama keeps nominating within his racial comfort zone, it's that he keeps nominating government officials with conflicting interests. The same officials who should be once in a while be prosecuting say, banks that launder drug cartel money, or steal from taxpayers, are fresh out of a Wallstreet cubicle and have made their careers defending white collar criminals.

Then again this issue registers pretty high with me. I'm sure others are more concerned about race baiting. I personally have never got over the financial crisis as we're still seeing its ramifications today.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Then again this issue registers pretty high with me. I'm sure others are more concerned about race baiting. I personally have never got over the financial crisis as we're still seeing its ramifications today.

Very well put, Barrett. The Lefties are STILL blaming Bush for the financial crisis. But it's Obama and his cronies (like that mutt Holder) who are turning a blind eye to prosecuting these thieves, all the while dividing the country even further every time a Black thug gets himself killed during the commission of a crime.

And if anyone doesn't believe that piece of garbage Holder isn't in bed with the banks, just look at the job (and salary) that he has lined up for himself.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 01:23 AM

Torture.

Torture you know what happens during torture or after torture the person really tortured dies.

How many of those pricks died?

On water boarding how many prisoners were water boarded before you make up a number the answer is less then 5 look it up. How many died from it none.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 01:27 AM

On water boarding how many prisoners were water boarded before you make up a number the answer is less then 5 look it up. How many died from it none.

Water Boarding isn't torture anyway.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 01:30 AM

Would Alfa think some one getting his head cut off while being video taped torture?

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 01:34 AM

Getting back on topic the congress should not confirm anyone Obama proposes for any position until his presidency runs out. Let him exective them in if he can.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Very well put, Barrett. The Lefties are STILL blaming Bush for the financial crisis. But it's Obama and his cronies (like that mutt Holder) who are turning a blind eye to prosecuting these thieves, all the while dividing the country even further every time a Black thug gets himself killed during the commission of a crime.

And if anyone doesn't believe that piece of garbage Holder isn't in bed with the banks, just look at the job (and salary) that he has lined up for himself.

I will agree with the lefties (you talk about us like we're the Sandinistas sometimes!) that two wars and tax cuts did not help. But it was the deregulation of the financial industry that really set the stage for the crisis. The deregulation started in the 80s and was made worse in the 90s with the repeal of the Glass-steagall act. Regardless of what you think of regulation in general, it was a horrible idea to let banks and insurance companies regulate themselves because they merged together so many times that there was no spread of risk, and when one fell, they all fell. Which led to the crisis.

And the current unhappiness in modern America. It all started right there. You should see the secession polls these days. Even the top income brackets of the country, even the most stable parts of the country, 20% of all citizens want to secede. Another 20% on the fence. It's crazy. All this to say, my biggest problem with Holder was his failure to put anyone in jail for these crimes. And my ultimate point is that Lynch will be more of the same. Frankly after all these years I'm not sure I can name any significant accomplishments of Holder's. I think there were some issues he generally cared about, like race, like stopping violent crime. But I also think he was as much a part of the corrupt Washington beltway as anyone else.

His stance on marijuana legalization wasn't really clear either. He and Obama seem to be waiting for states and towns to pass legalization bills, while continuing to arrest those in areas where marijuana is still illegal in very high numbers.

Waterboarding is torture under the Geneva Convention, which we signed. Rectal feeding is some medieval fucking shit. Let's not pretend it was just some waterboarding. There were more than just 5 people who died, what about the black sites?

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 03:40 AM

Waterboarding is torture under the Geneva Convention, which we signed.

It shouldn't be.

Rectal feeding is some medieval fucking shit.

They're lucky they're getting fed at all.

There were more than just 5 people who died, what about the black sites?

I DON'T CARE. The only good Muslim Extremist, is a dead Muslim Extremist.

Now I like you, Barrett. A lot. And I think you know that. I even tried to get in touch before Christmas but an unfortunate incident here on my part prevented it. But it's probably best if we leave the politics alone.

But I'll leave you with this: I was young and idealistic once, too. A registered Democrat for over thirty years. And that my worldview could change so much, AT MY AGE, speaks volumes about the current state of American politics and the globalization of everything from economics to how we treat prisoners who are content to cut American heads off and post the videos on YouTube.

But I'm hateful, blah blah blah. I'm a one percenter, blah blah blah. I don't care about any countries outside the USA, blah blah blah.

The truth? There's some merit to those accusations. But it's those animal Muslim Extremists that made me this way. They hate Americans because in their minds we're all Jews and Zionists. Period. But I'll die next to the Jews all day long before I give a fuck about how we treat a savage raghead with a blueprint for murder in his hand (The Koran). And if I was running things, that'd be the fucking day that they'd get prayer mats and copies of the Koran while in captivity.

Rant over. Happy New Year, son smile.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

LOL lol cry

That reply is/was hilarious. But then again, how can I rebut that?

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 05:57 AM

Torture.

Torture you know what happens during torture or after torture the person really tortured dies.

How many of those pricks died?

Look, we are all divided. Some people feel we should be torturing and that it is useful. Some don't. Among those who don't are those who wish to engage in more diplomacy with/in the Middle East and those who wish more forthright confrontation.

But if we were to discuss this as we are now, please let's not assume that we are discussing only water boarding.

For those who feel the US should torture [and torture openly] by withdrawing from treaties against torture, you have to remember the position this places our service men and women in. Now if that is not of the utmost importance to you, say that and I can respect your viewpoint. Cause that is all it is, a viewpoint.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 10:04 AM

"Waterboarding is torture under the Geneva Convention, which we signed. Rectal feeding is some medieval fucking shit. Let's not pretend it was just some waterboarding. There were more than just 5 people who died, what about the black sites?"

Yes we farmed them out to countries where they can do anything. We did not do it they did it.

Show me the fucking proof that more then 5 people died under torture?
Again only 5 people were water boarded and none died. Can't make an argument with lies sorry pal.

You know why they did rectal feeding because they went on hunger strikes on the advice of their lawyers. It kept them alive. I would have let them starve if they wanted to.

If it was me you don't want to know what I would have done to them. And none of them would have worked away from them. How about this we set them on fire and throw them off a very high building. Can they walk away from that?

Fuck them

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 11:58 AM

^^^^FootReads 2016

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 02:58 PM

My plan is just to keep breathing to 2016 smile

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 10:36 PM

LOL lol cry

That reply is/was hilarious. But then again, how can I rebut that?

I gotta be honest, I only read one segment:

"Cheney was the one who probably had closed door sessions with the oil sector people with maps of Iraq drawn up before the invasion was even launched."

Then fell on the floor laughing. lol

I was willing to come here to discuss politics if you want; you can ask most of the guys, I know a thing or two like the USA is a country and North Korea is full of North Koreans. But when you open up with an accusation which holds no merit, It's easy to see the side you will stand for. I tend to lose interest because you will in return, good sir, will be expressing the values and opinions of your party, not your own thoughts and beliefs. And NOBODY wins those pissing contests my friend.

Don't take what I'm saying as an insult. I've read some of your posts on other threads and you seem like a well educated guy by your writing style and technique. I'm trying to avoid the "Me Party Good, You Party Bad, Me Throw Rock At You" Caveman argument.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 10:42 PM

I was young and idealistic once, too. A registered Democrat for over thirty years. And that my worldview could change so much, AT MY AGE, speaks volumes about the current state of American politics

PB........COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE wink

Happy New Years, it's good to have you back from "college"! lol
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/05/15 10:46 PM

it would be great to have an attorney general who would prosecute the criminal wall streeters. they need to be prosecuted, and if they never are, then, there is absolutely no risk in crooked investment banking.

and I for one think that government bailouts of the big brokerage houses and banks, should never happen again. never!!

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/10/15 06:24 PM

Waterboarding is torture under the Geneva Convention, which we signed.

It shouldn't be.

Rectal feeding is some medieval fucking shit.

They're lucky they're getting fed at all.

There were more than just 5 people who died, what about the black sites?

I DON'T CARE. The only good Muslim Extremist, is a dead Muslim Extremist.

Now I like you, Barrett. A lot. And I think you know that. I even tried to get in touch before Christmas but an unfortunate incident here on my part prevented it. But it's probably best if we leave the politics alone.

But I'll leave you with this: I was young and idealistic once, too. A registered Democrat for over thirty years. And that my worldview could change so much, AT MY AGE, speaks volumes about the current state of American politics and the globalization of everything from economics to how we treat prisoners who are content to cut American heads off and post the videos on YouTube.

But I'm hateful, blah blah blah. I'm a one percenter, blah blah blah. I don't care about any countries outside the USA, blah blah blah.

The truth? There's some merit to those accusations. But it's those animal Muslim Extremists that made me this way. They hate Americans because in their minds we're all Jews and Zionists. Period. But I'll die next to the Jews all day long before I give a fuck about how we treat a savage raghead with a blueprint for murder in his hand (The Koran). And if I was running things, that'd be the fucking day that they'd get prayer mats and copies of the Koran while in captivity.

Rant over. Happy New Year, son smile.

...I recognize that Islam acts like the fucking mafia. That it needs a reformation. I'm not at all an advocate for it and I lived through the towers too, and the Charlie Hebdo attack. Nor is it a religion of peace.

I'm not that idealistic. I don't believe in torturing innocent people when common sense shows theyre innocent. Happened plenty of times when it didn't need to. Like in the case of Dilawar, the Afghan taxi driver who was tortured for trying to cross a border in his taxi (died by the way). His two passengers are still in guantanamo bay when its been proven they were just civilians. And Khalid Al-Masri, who was tortured for having the same name as a terrorist when a simple background check would clear up the confusion.

You don't have to dislike me for my politics either, man. Two of the people I most look up to in the world, almost like father figures are both fiscal republicans and we can hang out and shoot the shit just fine.

A modern democrats take on this issue would piss you off much, much more.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/10/15 07:02 PM

No argument there whatsoever. This is not the same party that welcomed my grandparents, but at the same time made them aware that living here was a privilege, and that they were expected to live up to their part of the bargain.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/10/15 07:03 PM

Barrett, I'm not coming in here to pick a fight because when you post on here or in the OC threads, you never post bull. And I do respect your decisions and thinking so do not think I'm trying to bash them.

Do you really think we picked up those taxi cab drivers for no reason? Like total mistake? Just picked them up off the streets and said "Here's some guys we can use for practice" Regardless of what side of the political line the officials that made the call to pick them up stand on, the guys that did so on months of intelligence. They are professionals that handle these situations very seriously.

Now I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong. When it comes to international politics, everyone has to understand that we as civilians know only around ten percent of the whole story. You can even look that statistic up if you don't believe me.

The information that CNN, Fox news, and other media outlets obtain to report on these situations are from third and fourth hand sources. The guys reporting straight to the top that says "Hey we are taking this guy in" are pretty much all high level officials in the defense agencies like CIA, NSA, FBI. These aren't "Private First Class Harry" out of basic training saying alright he's going to Gitmo. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd bet that there was a lot to the taxi driver situation that me and you do not know about and probably never will know about because it will remain classified.

It doesn't add up. We recently let out a bunch of high level terrorists from Gitmo, yet we are keeping these two clowns? Whether if they were couriers or actual members I do not know. But the government has to have a good reason for them still to be locked down.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/10/15 10:02 PM

Barrett, I'm not coming in here to pick a fight because when you post on here or in the OC threads, you never post bull. And I do respect your decisions and thinking so do not think I'm trying to bash them.

It's fine man, as I understood it the purpose of the thread was for debate. I'm not too thin skinned. And thank ya smile

Quote:
Do you really think we picked up those taxi cab drivers for no reason? Like total mistake? Just picked them up off the streets and said "Here's some guys we can use for practice" Regardless of what side of the political line the officials that made the call to pick them up stand on, the guys that did so on months of intelligence. They are professionals that handle these situations very seriously.

Of course. About 90% of the cases were handled well. I'm not losing any sleep over Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. My point was that in a wide-net torture program, that wide net is inevitably going to catch a few people in its midst that really don't deserve to be there. My point is there should be more oversight so incidents like this don't happen, and after the fact, we should be aware of what happened so as not to have a repeat scenario.

Quote:
Now I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong. When it comes to international politics, everyone has to understand that we as civilians know only around ten percent of the whole story. You can even look that statistic up if you don't believe me.

Yeah. We really don't know much. And transparency is very important. One of the great letdowns of the Obama administration, of course is a lack of transparency. There are some aspects of the torture program we probably WANT to be kept in the dark about, but some data that showed us how well it was working would have put a lot of people at ease.

Quote:
The information that CNN, Fox news, and other media outlets obtain to report on these situations are from third and fourth hand sources. The guys reporting straight to the top that says "Hey we are taking this guy in" are pretty much all high level officials in the defense agencies like CIA, NSA, FBI. These aren't "Private First Class Harry" out of basic training saying alright he's going to Gitmo. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd bet that there was a lot to the taxi driver situation that me and you do not know about and probably never will know about because it will remain classified.

That's fine. I just would prefer a demonstration by the NSA or a demonstration by the military to Congress that their respective programs instituted after 9/11 are doing their respective jobs admirably. You get me?

Quote:
It doesn't add up. We recently let out a bunch of high level terrorists from Gitmo, yet we are keeping these two clowns? Whether if they were couriers or actual members I do not know. But the government has to have a good reason for them still to be locked down.

Right. It's definitely worth looking in to. There is a documentary out called Taxi to the dark Side as well as some investigate journalism on the subject. The other two mens names are "Abdul Rahim" and "Zakik Shah" if you want to look in to it. One has to form their own conclusion.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/11/15 01:18 AM

Some good debate on these topics. Moderate people willing to give an inch or two often come to reasonable conclusions without losing their heads. Case and point was Reagan and O'Neill. Literally on the opposite side of the political spectrum but they got along and passed some very effective legislation. Wish it was still like that

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/12/15 09:41 PM

Some good debate on these topics. Moderate people willing to give an inch or two often come to reasonable conclusions without losing their heads. Case and point was Reagan and O'Neill. Literally on the opposite side of the political spectrum but they got along and passed some very effective legislation. Wish it was still like that

I used to be HARDCORE Republican and believed everyone else was wrong. I enlisted at 18, Infantry all the way. 6 months later got picked up on an ROTC scholarship and went to LSU. Graduated and thought I was going to kick ass, become the next MacArthur, all that Call of Duty, SOCOM stuff.

I was 23 and a Second Lieutenant when I landed in Kuwait, then flown to Iraq via Chinook. Spent day to day wearing 60-75Lbs of gear in the the damn desert in charge of 38 other guys in my platoon. Yeah at that point I realized why all my friends in college branched Aviation, Quartermaster, and Armor. Long story short, 15 months of 130 degree max temperatures make you look at all aspects of a situation before you jump in head first. Lesson learned.

Being around guys from different walks of life is what opened my eyes. My PSG was a Latino Democrat from Los Angeles and I was a southern white Republican from Louisiana. It's safe to say at first we had our preconceived notions about each other. I learned A LOT from that man about the Democrat side of the spectrum and actually understood his views. To this day, if that guy needed, I'd jump on a plane to help him out.

Now, I'm saying all of this as an example because he didn't try to push his party on me or prove he was right and I was wrong. I would state my views on a subject and he would respond why he thought the way he did. Pretty much what Barrett and I just did. Too many posters see the threads as an "I'm right your wrong" ordeal that gets people banned.

Barrett, I'm gonna check out that documentary you were talking about. You may be right and if so I'll admit it. I have one more question and it's pretty amateur: How the hell you separate quotes like that? lol

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/12/15 09:50 PM

LaLouisiane, sorry you had to make it 900+ posts without figuring out this helpful tip tongue

Just copy paste what you want within quote tags

(quote)(/quote)

Except use brackets instead []

Quote:
Just copy paste what you want within quote tags

Quote:
Except use brackets instead []

Is that what you're asking? Use ctrl c for copy and ctrl v for paste or command c and command v if youre on mac and its mad easy.

And yeah not enough people can find middle ground these days on the issues like Tip and Reagan did. Kinda sad but the left moved further left socially and the right moved further right fiscally. Media divisiveness of course doesnt help. And I need to learn how to debate since im going in to politics after college so if Im being an asshole or gettting it wrong dont be afraid to call me out wink
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/12/15 09:55 PM

Media divisiveness of course doesnt help.)

One of my favorite quotes on media is by Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged wrote “There are no objective facts…. Every report on facts is only somebody’s opinion. It is therefore useless to write about facts"

I don't think it matters who you watch, nothings really fair and balanced
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/12/15 10:10 PM

No argument there whatsoever. This is not the same party that welcomed my grandparents, but at the same time made them aware that living here was a privilege, and that they were expected to live up to their part of the bargain.

It used to be the party of the working man- before it got caught up in transgender rights, extreme environmentalism, white privilege guilting and all this navel gazing bs. It went from the party of the union worker to the point that I doubt they could even concede that a white male steelworker or mechanic could face more economic trouble than a hispanic journalist, black federal employee, or asian dentist.

Re: Obama's pick for new attorney general - 01/14/15 06:00 PM

And yeah not enough people can find middle ground these days on the issues like Tip and Reagan did. Kinda sad but the left moved further left socially and the right moved further right fiscally. Media divisiveness of course doesnt help. And I need to learn how to debate since im going in to politics after college so if Im being an asshole or gettting it wrong dont be afraid to call me out wink

Lol thanks man, I'll revert to this thread when the time comes.

Personally on that point quoted, I think its the public's lack of education on the principles of each party. Too many people take one specific topic a party stands for and embraces them as a whole because they agree on one issue instead of many. Go talk to a feminist about women's rights. Republicans are apparently the devil that want to hold them down. Ask her about immigration, if she responds put up a wall and keep them out, well that's kinda contradictory to a progressive democrat fighting for rights.

Not sure what level your in at college right now, but when you get to your upper level classes if you aren't taking them already, watch the others and what they talk about if you guys have class discussions. The ones that can only speak intelligently on one issue, say marriage and draw a blank stare on the others have no idea where they side.

That and the fact that the majority of Americans no longer think for themselves. A lot of people jump onto whatever party their parents were and vote along what they are told. Others follow their friends on who they want to vote for. Then the younger generation, 18-25 couldn't tell you what Obama or McCain stood for in the first election but "wanted to be a part of history in electing the first African American President." Took me a while to accept that my generation would elect someone to lead the nation based on skin color rather than what he could do for the nation.

Constitutional Law was a pretty good class. First day the professor asked who was affiliated with what party and if they knew how to debate the issues in that party's entirety. She would tally down our specific responses from day to day on which side we stood on different issues and tell us if we really sided with the party we claimed.

One female claimed liberal democrat all the way. When it got to abortion, pro choice til the cows came home. All other issues, conservative. Pissed her off something awful when the professor told her she was more Conservative than Liberal. lol

Still that was better than me. Being a kid that came from a rural town and fresh in the military, I was considered borderline Fascist.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET