Home

Rat attacks man on subway

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Rat attacks man on subway - 08/19/14 07:39 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/video-rat-attack-man-n-y-subway-station-article-1.1908452

The struggle is real.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Rat attacks man on subway - 08/19/14 07:51 PM

Geez, Moe. I thought this was a story about a mob rat and you put it in the wrong section lol.

I know that subway stop fairly well. Bryant Park is where all your fashion designers and hangers-on work and congregate.

Anyway, subway rats are no joke. But if you can muster up the courage to kick it away while it's approaching you, they usually take off with their tails between their legs (literally). That said, it's easier said than done panic.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Rat attacks man on subway - 08/20/14 01:08 PM

Well, at least some things haven't changed about the NYC subways. When I was a kid riding the subways eons ago, you also had to worry about (attention! SC and PB!) George Metesky, aka "The Mad Bomber."
Posted By: SC

Re: Rat attacks man on subway - 08/20/14 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
When I was a kid riding the subways eons ago, you also had to worry about (attention! SC and PB!) George Metesky, aka "The Mad Bomber."

The "Mad Bomber" was before my time but I remember the fear of Son of Sam (even on the subway) during the mid '70s. It was amazing to see everyone reading a newspaper on the trains then and each paper had a drawing of Son of Sam on the front page. People would look at the photo and then look up and scour the faces of fellow subway passengers as if looking for the killer.

For many years I took a subway line on Sixth Avenue. This particular line broke off from the main line after the Rockefeller Center stop and terminated at 57th and 6th. I guess because there wasn't too much subway traffic at that point there always seemed like a sizable rat population on the tracks and even the platform. I've seen some rats there that was almost as big as my cat!! I'm skeeved by rats but not afraid of them to the point that I'd run away. I was always ready to do battle and stomp them if need be. Thankfully that never happened.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Rat attacks man on subway - 08/20/14 01:38 PM

Several witnesses have come forward to claim that it was the man who attacked the rat.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET