Home

White supremacy a "Cult"

Posted By: botz

White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 02:19 PM

Would u consider White Supremacists a Cult or any other radicals related similar to this a cult?
Posted By: slumpy

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 03:02 PM

Most white supremacists are self identifying Christians, so yes. They are members of the christian cult of personality.

Otherwise, no. people will often throw around the word "cult" all willynilly and often apply it to situations that are not necessarily "correct", but aren't exactly wrong either. Like, for example, Hitler. I've often heard people identifying the Nazi party as a "cult of personality" BUT that's really just a way of hyperbolizing the reverence with which Hitler was treated by his underlings, it's not meant to be taken literally. I would say the same of white supremacy for the most part.

Now, if we're talking a 'dear leader' type situation like in North Korea where your leader is assigned a sort of 'supernatural' origin, you could probably make a pretty convincing argument for it being a cult.

hope that helps
Posted By: TheWolf

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 03:05 PM

white supremacists aren't a cult, but there are white supremacist groups that are cults such as the group that resides in elohim city in oklahoma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim_City,_Oklahoma
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 03:06 PM

I think they would qualify more as "terrorist groups" than "cults", if we are talking about gangs.
Posted By: British

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 03:41 PM

How does this fit in with organised crime?
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: British

White supremacist groups is a blanket term but if you break it down to specific groups, some could be considered OC. At least that's what sons of anarchy taught me. I've personally never seen a white power group in real life but I hear they exist out west in bigger numbers.
But while we're on this topic, who thinks the nation of Islam is a cult? If you really read about their beliefs outside of the race stuff they seem as crazy as scientologists..
Posted By: Footreads

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 04:12 PM

This is wHat I think of the national of Islam where do they buy their bow ties. I hope they own their own tie stores.

They are prejudiced against white people aren't they?

I suppose one can use that in some why. Especially if your willing to pay them for a service.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 04:21 PM

I certainly wouldn't say they are all "Christian" groups. Maybe some- KKK for example ID themselves with Christianity but I doubt they really believe it or practice it.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/25/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
I certainly wouldn't say they are all "Christian" groups. Maybe some- KKK for example ID themselves with Christianity but I doubt they really believe it or practice it.

White supremacists have as much to do with Christianity as suicide bombers have to do with Islam. It's just an excuse to justify their actions.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 07/26/14 02:32 PM

There are many nonchristians within the -movement-.......

while it is not a cult it is extremely fragmented with many groups led by a leader with a few dozen followers. Many chiefs and few -Indians-.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 08/07/14 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Originally Posted By: British

White supremacist groups is a blanket term but if you break it down to specific groups, some could be considered OC. At least that's what sons of anarchy taught me. I've personally never seen a white power group in real life but I hear they exist out west in bigger numbers.
But while we're on this topic, who thinks the nation of Islam is a cult? If you really read about their beliefs outside of the race stuff they seem as crazy as scientologists..

NOI is not a cult, it's just a radical political group. Yeah, a lot of their beliefs are just nuts and based on outright historical fallacies (like some of them believe the vikings were black - I'm not sure WHY they would want to lay claim to a group of violent marauders and rapists, but hey, that's their prerogative).
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: White supremacy a "Cult" - 08/07/14 01:39 PM

Any supremicist group of any race, religion or idoelogy is de facto idiotic.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET