Home

The Best Of Times

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 10:24 AM

A friend sent this to me. Anyone who grew up in the 50s/60s will surely relate but it's entertaining for all.

Oh, and TB and all of you who are old car buffs, you'll love it. They show classics throughout the video.

Enjoy

smile

TIS

Posted By: klydon1

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 10:50 AM

Thanks, TIS. Very nostalgic. While I was born in '64, I certainly remember many of the old cars on the road as well as the milkman, the old drive-ins and the corner candy stores..
Posted By: SC

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 10:54 AM

clap

Wow, great songs, great images, great memories, TIS. Thanks for posting that!!

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 11:13 AM

I don't know about where you guys live but I don't think there are ANY drive-ins anymore. There was always something neat about them. I remember going with my family, in my pajamas. LOL PLUS you'd have two movies for the price of one. smile

TIS
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 11:15 AM

SONIC has drive ins Tis!

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 11:20 AM

TIS there is a place in Bethel Ct,. not far from the Danbury Mall, that on the weekends all the old cars come by and it has car service. Beautiful cars are seen there. Here is the link:
http://www.sycamoredrivein.com/gallery.htm
Posted By: klydon1

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't know about where you guys live but I don't think there are ANY drive-ins anymore. There was always something neat about them. I remember going with my family, in my pajamas. LOL PLUS you'd have two movies for the price of one. smile

TIS

There's one about 20 minutes from me in the town of Dillsburg. We would go a few times each summer when the kids were little. It's open on fri-sat-sun, and always has a double feature.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 12:02 PM

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nH154inZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 02:21 PM

Very nice video, TIS. But there were plenty of bad times in that era. I'm teaching a course at a local college in September called "The Turbulent Fifties" that covers the bad side: Korean War, Red Scare, McCarthyism, Khrushchev, etc.

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 02:55 PM

TB, some of the "We Didn't Start The Fire" lyrics come to mind. lol

You're right. wink

Tho we never had one, I do remember bomb shelters; AND, Russia/Cold War (Khrushchev being the enemy).

TIS

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
TIS there is a place in Bethel Ct,. not far from the Danbury Mall, that on the weekends all the old cars come by and it has car service. Beautiful cars are seen there. Here is the link:
http://www.sycamoredrivein.com/gallery.htm

Very nice Beanshooter

We had one here called "Jimmy's Diner" but unfortunately it went out of business. Bad location maybe. Don't know, but it was fun to go to.
smile

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: The Best Of Times - 07/22/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
TB, some of the "We Didn't Start The Fire" lyrics come to mind. lol

You're right. wink

Tho we never had one, I do remember bomb shelters; AND, Russia/Cold War (Khrushchev being the enemy).

Funny how we look back on our youth, and despite all the crazy world events of the time we see it through rose colored glasses.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: The Best Of Times - 08/03/14 11:22 AM

WE HAVE SONIC HERE IN TOWN, BUT THERE ARE SOME INDEPENDENTLY OWNED DRIVE INS AROUND HERE IN NORTH CAROLINA AND THEY ARE FUN TO VISIT AND RELIVE OLD MEMORIES

Re: The Best Of Times - 08/03/14 11:31 AM

Bigboy, Sonic makes the best hamburgers and thickest milk shakes around! In fact they give you a spoon because your head will cave in if you try using a straw!
Posted By: bigboy

Re: The Best Of Times - 08/03/14 11:35 AM

Italian Stallionette- What a great video, thanks for posting it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET