Home

Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/19/14 10:54 AM

This tunnel was supposed to connect jersey city and brooklyn. Whatever happened to this project? It would be beneficial for both NJ and NY. I'm guessing that it's just on hold at the moment.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/19/14 12:22 PM

If that is true I would have loved to see it. Makes it easy for me to go see RedBull games in NJ

We had the command bus service here some years back. I would take the bus to giants stadium to see Metrostar soccer games. Then after walk to The meadow lands and drop a few thousand betting and losing on the last three races.

Then get on the bus grease the driver and he would drop me of right near my house. It was great miss that bus.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/19/14 12:44 PM

They've been talking about the Second Avenue Subway line for my entire life. And they claim that they're finally building it. I see the workers all the time when I'm on the East Side. And I STILL don't believe it. And that's just the MTA.

Point is, when you factor in the Port Authority, and two governors who are as diametrically opposed as Ivy League and Cook County, well, you see where I'm going here wink .
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/19/14 01:06 PM

Is that what he was talking about. The tunnel that they were working in manhattan?

My youngest the jujutsu guy almost got a job digging that many years ago.

I thought he said it was Brooklyn to Nj?

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/19/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Is that what he was talking about. The tunnel that they were working in manhattan?

He's talking about the tunnel. I just mentioned the Second Avenue Subway as a comparison.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/21/14 09:59 PM

NJ Transit about 25 years ago leased an ancient, unused Hudson River tunnel, making "Midtown Direct" service possible: you could take a NJ Transit train directly into Penn Station instead of having to get off in Hoboken and take a PATH subway to NYC. My town, Summit NJ, was an express stop: 39 - 40 minutes to Penn Station. It set off a huge real estate bubble in Summit.

I heard later that NJ wanted to build another tunnel under the Hudson because the old one was getting overcrowded and unsafe. But, the idea was abandoned because the new one would take 10 years and cost >$10 billion. Anyone remember that?

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/21/14 10:15 PM

I remember it, TB. That was my point about the Port Authority being famous for abandoned projects over the years.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Cross Harbor Frieght Tunnel - 07/24/14 01:12 PM

The cross harbor freight tunnel would be pretty big though. I never heard of the seventh avenue line but I guess you learn something new everyday. Where is it supposed to travel exactly?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET