Home

What do you like in Music

Posted By: Footreads

What do you like in Music - 05/25/14 04:24 PM

My thing is 60s 70s music rock and roll.

But I like all music classical everything. My wife got me hooked on some of it.

I found this group by accident revently. Evenesense I found this song "my immortal". Now I bought all their music.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/25/14 06:50 PM

Fleetwood mac

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/25/14 07:40 PM

I dug the Doors and black sabbath and grass roots. I had no clue who they were until I met a hippy. He introduced me to that music. I got to know him because I dug his new wife, that was a hot woman.

They lived in a shit hole they called an apartment. They invite me to their house for dinner. We had spagetti I come over with two bottles of wine white and red, and flowers for a very hot women. I would go over with things for their apartment.

This is another guy who like to protest the Vietnam conflict. He was always getting into fights. Like a said a pacifist who loved to fight.

I go over his house when he was out protesting. One thing led to another and I fucked her brains out. That went on for four months. Until I got tired of her.

So if it was for her husband I would not have got into that music.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/25/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
I go over his house when he was out protesting. One thing led to another and I fucked her brains out.

Hmmm... Interesting.

Just to keep this on-topic:

What music were you listening to? whistle

Signor V.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/25/14 09:58 PM

What do I like in music?

Try this:

Maybe this belongs in the Food & Drink forum?

Signor V.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/26/14 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

So if it was for her husband I would not have got into that music.

Or her panties! shhh
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/26/14 05:41 PM

The Beatles with an A..

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/26/14 06:10 PM

Saw McCarthy when he appeared in Brooklyn. He still got it he was fantastic.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/27/14 09:25 PM

In music I like a great rhythm / blues beat with a driving bass. Counter that with a lyrical guitar riff. In vocals I like a sustained note; none of those bullshit runs that they do on these "voice" competitions - Andrea Boccelli, Art Garfunkel, Sarah Brightman. Great harmonies; Crosby, Stills and Nash, Simon and Garfunkel, the Eagles. Gritty, soul-searching blues; BB King, Susan Tedeschi, Bonnie Raitt, Buddy Guy, Keb'Mo, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Delbert McClinton. Pure voices like Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor and Josh Groban. And compelling lyricist; John Hiatt, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Karla Bonoff.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/28/14 06:03 AM

Just about everything has intrigued me at some point or the other.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/28/14 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Just about everything has intrigued me at some point or the other.

Agreed Lilo. When I was kid/teen I thought Broadway musical were lame...especially when they made them into movies. In my late thirties I got involved in a church musical and my whole appreciation of musicals changed - Rodgers and Hammerstien, Lerner and Lowes....etc. The world of music is so diverse and beautiful. The thing is..don't reject any music. Listen, absorb and feel the music; there is a place for all types of music.

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/28/14 06:12 PM

I like anything from Connie Francis to Eminem, None of this bullshit music from today..

I like mostly the old stuff though..
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/29/14 05:28 AM

Motorhead, AC/DC, ZZ Top and the Dropkick Murphys

Re: What do you like in Music - 05/29/14 09:08 AM

This is nice when I want to relax

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eADGy8c3D8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 08:08 AM

There's a lot of good music out there, only none of it has been produced in the last 15 or so years lol

Hip hop: 90s rap from the West (Eazy E, Cypress Hill, RBX, Tupac, NWA, BG Knocc Out, Coolio, Kurupt,...) and East (Big L, Biggie, Big Daddy Kane, Camp Lo, Wu Tang Clan, Rakim, Kool G Rap,...). And I do mean the good stuff, before it turned into the commercial torturous shit we get served nowadays by the likes of Lil Wayne.

Acid house like A Guy Called Gerald, Lil Louis, Felix,... and also some 90s dance music like The Prodigy was great. From the newer electronic music I vastly prefer Minimal House such as Solee.

I also like Country/Bluegrass (Hank Williams, John Denver, The Stanley Brothers, Willie Nelson,...) and Southern Rock (Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd,...).

There's other rock music out there I love as well, mostly the kind of stuff Jimi Hendrix, Terry Reid, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Dylan, Captain Beefheart produced. Some of the older stuff of bands like Danzig, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Nirvana and Pearl Jam was pretty good as well. In pop music on the other hand for some reason I really like several of Phil Collins' songs.

Boogie/Soul/Funk/Motown like The Whispers, The Four Tops, Bobby Womack, Yardbrough and Peoples, Kool and The Gang,...does it everytime for me as well lol

I like Andrea Bocelli and several of the older Eros Ramazzotti songs (Cose Della Vita, Terra Promessa, Se Bastasse Una Canzone,...)- please don't hit me lol

From the newer types of music, several bands produced great music in the 90s but turned to shit nowadays: Queens Of The Stone Age, Korn, Deftones, Madball, Biohazard, Machine Head for rock music or the likes of Mark Morrison for R&b/Soul in particular are responsible for some great classics, but lost track.

This for instance is an absolute gem, yet no one has seemed to have heard from it:

Posted By: Don Marco

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 09:17 AM

I like all kinds of music, but the as I flip through the radio in the car the only group I won't change from is the Beatles. If it is a song of theirs, I am listening.

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 10:01 AM

I too like all kinds of music.

Mostly 60s 70's rock & roll doowop

Also like relanew performers like Evanescense, Adele

Like Il Divo, musical theather like La mes, west side story, hair, beauty and the beast, there was one a tale of two cities it was great, jersey boys

Concerts billy Joel, Paul mcCartney, Sarah Brightman

Anything that I think is good
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 01:25 PM

Also been listening to a lot of John Mellencamp lately!!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 04:28 PM

I listen to the Eagles a lot and a lot of music from that day. My sons favorite song is Just Dropped In by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition (pizzaboy you should know something about this song) haha and he's only 9.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I listen to the Eagles a lot and a lot of music from that day. My sons favorite song is Just Dropped In by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition (pizzaboy you should know something about this song) haha and he's only 9.

Ha ha I have that song on a 45 record. Loved it!! smile That was before Kenny went solo I believe. Just like another one from around the same era, "Different Drum" by the Stone Pony, led by Linda Ronstadt before she went solo. Loved that one two. Did you know it was written by Michael Nesmith of the Monkees?

TIS
Posted By: Camarel

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 05:10 PM

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and The Kinks from times passed. Kings of Leon, Muse, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters (basically any band with Dave Grohl). As well as some songs from The Arctic Monkeys, Keane, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Rolling Stones. I felt like killing myself after hearing Gotyes; Someone that i used to know, so much, but after watching Suits, i'm a fan of this song -

Posted By: klydon1

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 05:22 PM

There's a band composed of four 15 and 16-year old boys, called the Strypes, who are different from all of the gimmicky boy bands out there. Some of you may be familiar with them. The Strypes play their own instruments and have a driving rock and r & b sound, and they're writing their own music. They grew up listening to the Beatles and the Who and some 60s Motown, but also have paid close attention to the performers, who influenced the Beatles and others.

They've been on Letterman, and I was impressed. Right now they're writing and recording and I assume finishing school. I think they'll make a mark on the music world soon.

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/20/14 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
There's a band composed of four 15 and 16-year old boys, called the Strypes, who are different from all of the gimmicky boy bands out there. Some of you may be familiar with them. The Strypes play their own instruments and have a driving rock and r & b sound, and they're writing their own music. They grew up listening to the Beatles and the Who and some 60s Motown, but also have paid close attention to the performers, who influenced the Beatles and others.

They've been on Letterman, and I was impressed. Right now they're writing and recording and I assume finishing school. I think they'll make a mark on the music world soon.

Is this it KLYD -

If it is i agree they're talented especially the drummer uhwhat , the only problem here is that they are all younger than me i think lol , i'm getting old while young blush .

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/21/14 03:27 AM

Someone mention the kinks had a incident with Ray Davis's in the 60's. He was appearing live and he did something out of order. Just before they were going on a live show on tv. I rapped him in the face. They threw us all out instead of having me arrested. He was lucky their witnesses all over the place. Otherwise I would have cut him up.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/21/14 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco
I like all kinds of music, but the as I flip through the radio in the car the only group I won't change from is the Beatles. If it is a song of theirs, I am listening.

I like several of their songs, but for some reason I always thought "A Day In The Life" is scary as fuck lol
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/21/14 11:38 AM

50s through 90s. Don't like much music from today, there's some good music, but very little.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/21/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Is this it KLYD -

If it is i agree they're talented especially the drummer uhwhat , the only problem here is that they are all younger than me i think lol , i'm getting old while young blush .

That's the group indeed. You think they make you old? They're the age of my youngest. smile
Posted By: JoeEBrown

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/26/14 09:42 PM

Glad you didn't. Kinks put out 10 brilliant records after that
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/27/14 01:59 AM

I'll just leave this here

60s- the Beatles, the rolling stones, the doors, Jimi Hendrix, the who, jefferson airplane, velvet underground, CCR

70s- black sabbath, led zeppelin, mountain, santana, jethro tull, aerosmith, steve miller band, pink floyd, ac/dc, queen, wings, david bowie, eagles, kansas, cheap trick, iggy pop, dire straits, dead kennedys, the clash, the germs, neil young

80s- motorhead, van halen, ozzy, MDC, fear, iron maiden, metallica, the cult, suicidal tendancies, beastie boys, big black, megadeth, slayer, butthole surfers, melvins, R.E.M., the pixies, bad religion, gin blossoms

90s- nirvana, alice in chains, the black crowes, the ernies, janes addiction, mudhoney, social distortion, sonic youth, pearl jam, primus, RHCP, soundgarden, spin doctors, unsane, barenaked ladies, L7, rage against the machine, screaming trees, stone temple pilots, sublime, better than ezra, candlebox, cypress hill, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, bush, beck, collective soul, dinosaur jr, green day, live, nine inch nails, nofx, the offspring, toadies, weezer, tree, everclear, filter, foo fighters, for squirrels, marilyn manson, oasis, the presidents of the united states of america, rammstein, seven mary three, spacehog, 311, white zombie, cake, counting crows, dave mathews band, matchbox 20, third eye blind, godsmack, hole, korn, rob zombie, sam black church, swingin utters, the vandals, zebrahead, afi, citizen king, cky, incubus, powerman 5000, reach the sky, slipknot, static x, staind, sunny day real estate

00s- disturbed, at the drivein, bodyjar, linkin park, a perfect circle, alien ant farm, jimmy eat world, the hope conspiracy, muse, puddle of mudd, system of a down, tool, queens of the stone age, skindred, interpol, the killers, killswitch engage, the white stripes, modest mouse, dropkick murphys, shinedown, 30 seconds to mars, bullet for my valentine, silversun pickups, rise against, stone sour, pagoda, onslaught, kings of leon, breaking benjamin, cage the elephant, mumford & sons, them crooked vultures, death of the cool, dirge within, patterns of myra
Posted By: JoeEBrown

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/27/14 06:11 PM

nice list scarfacetm But... here are a couple you may have overlooked: 60's thru 90's The Kinks

60's- cream, buffalo springfield, bob dylan, janis joplin, blind faith, mc5, traffic

70's- the dead, new riders, poco, pure prairie league,commander cody(might not love country rock but you had the eagles so...)
allman bros, johnny winter,crazy horse, mott the hoople/ian hunter, elvis costello, graham parker, dave edmonds, jgeils,bob segar, jackson brown, elvin bishop, starship(first 2 albums very underrated),lou reed, ten years after, moody blues, humble pie, bob marley, Roxy music, rod stewart(early stuff), sex pistols, jerry jeff walker, michael murphy, spirit, leon russel and shelter people

80's- stray cats/brian setzer

90's- Jesus and Mary chain, southern culture on the skids(awesome!!!), material issue, jawbreaker, wilco, bob mould(husker du), faith no more, keith richards and expensive winos

00's- the anniversary, renee heartfelt, ben kweller,hot snakes, matches, louis XIV, black keys, rival schools, vines, hives, thermals,

teens- the thermals

sorry if I duped any of yours
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/28/14 02:07 PM

Nah I didn't over look, even though I have a wide taste, I'm still pretty picky. I could never get into dylan, and I can't say I'm a fan of clapton/cream....that list also wasn't including any of the odd stuff like rap or things like that.

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/28/14 03:29 PM

Oasis, anybody..For me they are the best British band of the last 20,25 years..

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/28/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Oasis, anybody..For me they are the best British band of the last 20,25 years..

I really like Oasis, reminds me of my childhood. But i do prefer Muse and Arctic Monkeys over the last 20 years, two bands that can nearly match Oasis' hate lol .

Most hilarious music video imo -

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: What do you like in Music - 06/28/14 09:35 PM

I have two iPod Nano's that I take to the gym. One has classical and opera: Verdi, Puccini, Rossini, Mascagni, Bjoerling, Price, Rachmaninoff, Franck, etc. The other is rock: about half Fifties (mostly doo-wop but also Fats Domino, Buddy Holly, Big Joe Turner, Elvis); the other half Sixties with some later (Hendrix, Stones, Beatles, Elton, Who, Clash, Segar, Wonder, Beach Boys, Cream, Fleetwood Mac,etc.).
Posted By: bigboy

Re: What do you like in Music - 07/07/14 06:42 PM

Chicago, Beatles, Frankie Valle, BG's, Michael McDonald, Cannonball Adderly
Posted By: Paddy_James

Re: What do you like in Music - 07/07/14 06:49 PM

80's Rock music, Beastie boys, Eminem and Johnny Cash
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET