Home

Ocean Cruises

Posted By: NNY78

Ocean Cruises - 05/16/14 11:13 AM

Hi guys I just got back last night from my first cruise, took my Mom, Wife and Daughter on a Mother's Day cruise and really enjoyed it. I want to take the Mrs. in the Fall and was wondering what others experiences have been and which itinerary's and ports of call people liked the most and any tips folks have to make the most of the cruise. We were not prepared and I think we missed out on some of the fun things to do. I really missed watching TV at night, not a great selection on the boat, I think I have seen every episode of the Love Boat now though.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Ocean Cruises - 05/16/14 11:01 PM

Since you're from Boca, you have lots of choices because many cruise ships sail out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. There are lots of Caribbean cruises that leave from both ports--four and seven days. I think they're all good. I'd advise you to be wary of Carnival, which tends to be rowdy and low-end.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Ocean Cruises - 05/16/14 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Since you're from Boca, you have lots of choices because many cruise ships sail out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. There are lots of Caribbean cruises that leave from both ports--four and seven days. I think they're all good. I'd advise you to be wary of Carnival, which tends to be rowdy and low-end.

Seriously. Port Everglades is the cruise capital of the United States. And it's where Travis McGee kept the Busted Flush (see how many mystery geeks from the '70s get that one lol).

Re: Ocean Cruises - 05/17/14 06:41 AM

Thank you Turnbull, I was wasn't aware that Carnival was rowdy. We are researching 7 day western Caribbean cruises. Carnival owns several cruise lines so we will be careful to avoid them. The Wife and I mainly want to have a quiet vacation, do some sight seeing and participate in the onboard activities, not interested in the nightlife stuff except for a little gambling. Thanks again.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Ocean Cruises - 05/17/14 12:26 PM

NNY, I meant that the ships that sail as "Carnival" are rowdy. Their other brands (they own Princess and Holland America) are fine. We sailed on Princess last December for our anniversary. Good cruise.

Re: Ocean Cruises - 05/17/14 01:36 PM

NNY, I meant that the ships that sail as "Carnival" are rowdy. Their other brands (they own Princess and Holland America) are fine. We sailed on Princess last December for our anniversary. Good cruise.

Thanks Turnbull for the clarification, will check out Princess and Holland America as well.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET