Home

Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K

Posted By: MikeyO

Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/27/14 01:10 PM

Pizzaboy only needs 500 more posts to past turnbull as one of the posters on GBB. At 15,964 posts pizzaboy will soon reach 16K. Turnball is rumored to be acting boss while he only has 16,475 posts.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/27/14 01:20 PM

I can only pass Turnbull in posts, never in knowledge. He's the brightest poster you'll ever encounter on ANY message board.
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/27/14 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I can only pass Turnbull in posts, never in knowledge. He's the brightest poster you'll ever encounter on ANY message board.

I agree and I can attest to that.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/28/14 05:01 PM

Turnbull is a good man..

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/28/14 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Turnbull is a good man..

The best.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 12:40 PM

Gosh... blush

PB is the champ on New York City lore. We had a nice little exchange about "Sweet Smell of Success," a truly great film with Tony Curtis and Burt Lancaster set in the streets of midtown Manhattan. It opens with Tony reading the paper and sipping a fruit drink at a fast food place in Times Square. I wondered if it was Elpine or Benedict--chains that were big in the Fifties but had long since folded. PB, the champ, fished out video and stills that showed it was Elpine. Probably seems like obscure stuff to most, but to old New Yorkers like me (and not-so-old ones like PB), it's the Nectar of the Gods.

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
PB is the champ on New York City lore. We had a nice little exchange about "Sweet Smell of Success," a truly great film with Tony Curtis and Burt Lancaster set in the streets of midtown Manhattan. It opens with Tony reading the paper and sipping a fruit drink at a fast food place in Times Square. I wondered if it was Elpine or Benedict--chains that were big in the Fifties but had long since folded. PB, the champ, fished out video and stills that showed it was Elpine. Probably seems like obscure stuff to most, but to old New Yorkers like me (and not-so-old ones like PB), it's the Nectar of the Gods.

You're too kind as usual, TB blush.

And yeah, I love "Old New York" as much as you do. But it's my Dad who deserves the credit for unraveling the "Sweet Smell" mystery.

As you may remember, he's going to be 85 in November. And it was his ABSOLUTE INSISTENCE that it was Elpine that led me to pop the dvd into my laptop and break it down frame by frame. Once I had the time of the Elpine shot, it was easy enough to track down on Youtube.

Love "Sweet Smell" more every time I see it. For me, the whole film peaks right at the end with the shot of the old Budweiser billboard. Now THAT'S "Old New York" smile.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 02:55 PM

I just heard a report on Fox News that several bulletin boards are being investigated by federal officials due to allegations that some posters have had the number of their posts artificially inflated. The investigation is focusing on Throggs Neck posters, one in particular.

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I just heard a report on Fox News that several bulletin boards are being investigated by federal officials due to allegations that some posters have had the number of their posts artificially inflated. The investigation is focusing on Throggs Neck posters, one in particular.

You're just jealous because the only billboards in your neck of the woods read:

"Texas: Where Men are Men. And Sheep are Scared."
Posted By: olivant

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 03:01 PM

That would be clever if you didn't have that 1,000 Pithy Sayings book right beside you.

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 03:04 PM

That would be clever if you didn't have that 1,000 Pithy Sayings book right beside you.

If I knew what pithy meant, I might be offended by that.

Reminds me of "Analyze This."

You get a dictionary and find out what this "closure" is lol.
Posted By: SC

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 03:07 PM

Someone's in a pithy mood today. whistle
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 04/29/14 04:21 PM

lol

[hears Billy Joel singing, "New York Frame of Mind"]
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 02:50 PM

A star is born. Pizzaboy a well renounced poster has been climbing the chart of top poster's for sometime now. Pizzaboy being a family man I got him 4 tickets to go see " Big SMO" at the Garden when he comes there later this summer. Rock on Pizzaboy!

clap clap clap

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_N10A9qAVA[/video]

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 02:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg

Don Cardi 18181
pizzaboy 17198
Sicilian Babe 17172
Turnbull 1655

PB is fiercely working his way up to be the de facto caretaker boss

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:05 PM

Still a way to go yet until he breaks into the top 3 smile

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Still a way to go yet until he breaks into the top 3 smile

What about the game posts thread that made the counts so high how do you balance that out ?

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:09 PM

No fault of mine,i just played the games.. May i ask why you are so bothered about peoples post count..
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Hamilton
Pizzaboy a well renounced poster has been climbing the chart of top poster's for sometime now.

Renounced indeed. smile We've all been renouncing him for years. lol

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Hamilton
Pizzaboy a well renounced poster has been climbing the chart of top poster's for sometime now.

Renounced indeed. smile We've all been renouncing him for years. lol

I resemble that statement lol .
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Pizzaboy catching up to Turnbull Top Posters 16K - 06/18/14 03:56 PM

Give me a little time smile Giglio lift Aug 10th
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET